how the fuck was there no third goal? booo

ikBmDLT5WEKzM.gif

shouldve had a penalty

Name a better defense last season than Citeh, sure as hell can't say Man U...perhaps Chelsea but that's about it.
United :shake:

How about this.....If you gave me a pick for my starting 4 on defense from the top 4 teams last year, Vidic and Rio would be my two cb's. Rafael and Evra would be on second and third team.
DeGea was gk of year, no? Only guy that was close to him probalby Cech. Hart not a top 4 gk.

Didn't Vidic miss a bunch of matches last year? I would take United's defense over City. Chelsea probably too (especially considering they have some depth)

AZ - you also thought United would get pounded by Swansea yesterday.
Is this some kind of reverse pyschology you got working over there?

FFS, United had the title clinched so early last year, they could have set the record for most points in EPL history if they wanted to. They lost no one but Scholes from their team last year. If Rooney is back on board, this is United's title to lose again.

holy shit....PFA Team of the year last year:

[h=3]2012–13[/h] <dl><dd>Source[SUP][41][/SUP]</dd></dl> [h=4]Premier League[/h] [TABLE="class: wikitable"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH]Pos.[/TH]
[TH]Player[/TH]
[TH]Club[/TH]
[TH]Appearance[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]GK[/TD]
[TD] David de Gea[/TD]
[TD]Manchester United[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DF[/TD]
[TD] Pablo Zabaleta[/TD]
[TD]Manchester City[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DF[/TD]
[TD] Jan Vertonghen[/TD]
[TD]Tottenham Hotspur[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DF[/TD]
[TD] Rio Ferdinand
Dagger-14-plain.png
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DF[/TD]
[TD] Leighton Baines
Dagger-14-plain.png
[/TD]
[TD]Everton[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]MF[/TD]
[TD] Gareth Bale
Dagger-14-plain.png
[/TD]
[TD]Tottenham Hotspur[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]MF[/TD]
[TD] Juan Mata[/TD]
[TD]Chelsea[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]MF[/TD]
[TD] Michael Carrick[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]MF[/TD]
[TD] Eden Hazard[/TD]
[TD]Chelsea[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FW[/TD]
[TD] Robin van Persie
Dagger-14-plain.png
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FW[/TD]
[TD] Luis Suárez[/TD]
[TD]Liverpool[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

David Fucking DeGea :shake:

Rio :shake:

Vidic missed a load of games last year, sure, but like I said, if I'm picking a team right now and the only pool of defenders are top four teams from last year, Vidic gets the pick.

I know, I KNOW I'm a United homer, but holy shit is this team getting thrown under a bus for new good reason.
Yes, they have plenty of fucking holes, AM would be nice, Giggs not playing would be nice.....but the team is still quality.

AZ - you also thought United would get pounded by Swansea yesterday.
Is this some kind of reverse pyschology you got working over there?

FFS, United had the title clinched so early last year, they could have set the record for most points in EPL history if they wanted to. They lost no one but Scholes from their team last year. If Rooney is back on board, this is United's title to lose again.

Here's the thing they didn't play as brilliant as Utd teams in the past. The other teams "challenging" them faded, you can't forget that.

you can't say DeGea was goalie of the year....he was atrocious.

Vroom from Swansea was way better

No, the only goalie that has a case of being better last year Was Cech. If you want stats to back me up, I can lend a few sites. FourFourTwo.com is a good one.
DeGea is good, and only 22.

City imploded last year and got lazy after winning it for the first time in forever.

Kompany over Vidic hands down.

RvP covered up a lot of flaws for Man U last year.

Would take DDG over Hart, Hart seemed to have regressed a lot last season.

Here's the thing they didn't play as brilliant as Utd teams in the past. The other teams "challenging" them faded, you can't forget that.

That is a good point, sure. But, again, I believe their point total was second most ever since the three point system.
I bet if Nani didn't get that dodgy red, and United knocked off RM and made it to CL semis or even finals, the team would get more of their due.
It's tough to compare teams against past teams though.

That is a good point, sure. But, again, I believe their point total was second most ever since the three point system.
I bet if Nani didn't get that dodgy red, and United knocked off RM and made it to CL semis or even finals, the team would get more of their due.
It's tough to compare teams against past teams though.

you look at the competition that was presented. There were plenty of Utd teams that played against some really really tough opponents. Last year they ran away with it cause everyone else sucked, not because Utd were far superior. That RM game was a crock of shit, they got robbed there. But the funny thing is the bookies even believed Real Madrid were better enough to be favoured at Old Trafford! How many times is Man Utd an underdog at OT!!??

There has been no manager that can compete h2h with Sir Alex than Mourinho. It would of been nice to see them duel it out one last time.

Real Madrid is really good.

If I were rating Europe teams right now....
1-Bayern
2-Barcelona
3-Real Madrid

Big gap to 4th, then bunch of teams in that mix.

Back