Georgia gonna be decent this year on offense, but lost a shit load defensively.
And of course, they gotta get past Alabama to win it all.
18/1 is a good price, but don't think it will hit.

Only futures I generally play are team wins o/u. And I'm not very good at those anymore either.
I only played one future so far in NCAA - Fresno State to win their division. They should be good this year, lots of players coming back, lots of highly rated recruits.

Oh, Texas may be undervalued this year. A few college football prognosticators are pretty high on them lots of returning players, although last year they were wank.

ty,yeah,prices like that are more scepitical than anything ob,but they should/could of beaten bama in the sec champs game and ob then they would of won it all,cause ND were fools gold,I might have a lil bit on cause dont need much at that price for an interest

Only futures I generally play are team wins o/u. And I'm not very good at those anymore either.
I only played one future so far in NCAA - Fresno State to win their division. They should be good this year, lots of players coming back, lots of highly rated recruits.

Oh, Texas may be undervalued this year. A few college football prognosticators are pretty high on them lots of returning players, although last year they were wank.
what number you get there ? 2/1

No, I played them to win their division, not their conference.
I got -115
I think to win the conference was +245 - but you gotta beat Boise to win that.

dya not feel this returning starters,losing players is a bit over valued when they might just/had been shit anyway

right, I understand ya.
Here's the thing though. In college football here, there are certain teams that get highly rated athletes. 4 and 5 star recruits on an annual basis. It's very hard to translate how a kid does in high school vs college though because some kids are just bigger/stronger faster at 16-17, and get caught up when they are 19 going against 21 year olds.
Texas gets a lot of highly starred athletes. And they were shit last year, but they all have talent and just piling up starts to get experiences.
UT's coach is a bit on a hot seat as the boosters always want a top 5 team and the past few years have not been there. Plus, last year, A&M was a stud team and UT sucks, so even more pressure, this is a huge rivalry.
I think lots of people look at last year results and see more of the same. It's just Texas has the most average starts per returning player in the country this year. So, they have tons of guys with tons of talent and tons of experience. It should catch up with them eventually and translate to wins. Of course if they are not talented enough, just saying they returning starts don't equate to shit. It's just almost all of UT's starters are 4 and 5 star recruits and should have the talent now. They have great running backs, decent wr/te, vg defense. QB is a question, sure. I just think UT may be a bit undervalued this year when people just look at what they did the past year or two. All most people do is look at recent results and then the QB which is the most important position.
Just something to keep an eye on this year, you may be able to get some wins with UT not laying enough or getting points against teams they are actually better than (like Oklahoma)

who you betting against...utah ?

nah, Utah moved to PAc 12 a while ago. You're looking at:

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesFuturesRow"]
[TD]Fresno State[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesFuturesRow"]
[TD]San Diego State[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]San Jose State
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Nevada[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Hawaii[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]UNLV[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

NOt much really.

right, I understand ya.
Here's the thing though. In college football here, there are certain teams that get highly rated athletes. 4 and 5 star recruits on an annual basis. It's very hard to translate how a kid does in high school vs college though because some kids are just bigger/stronger faster at 16-17, and get caught up when they are 19 going against 21 year olds.
Texas gets a lot of highly starred athletes. And they were shit last year, but they all have talent and just piling up starts to get experiences.
UT's coach is a bit on a hot seat as the boosters always want a top 5 team and the past few years have not been there. Plus, last year, A&M was a stud team and UT sucks, so even more pressure, this is a huge rivalry.
I think lots of people look at last year results and see more of the same. It's just Texas has the most average starts per returning player in the country this year. So, they have tons of guys with tons of talent and tons of experience. It should catch up with them eventually and translate to wins. Of course if they are not talented enough, just saying they returning starts don't equate to shit. It's just almost all of UT's starters are 4 and 5 star recruits and should have the talent now. They have great running backs, decent wr/te, vg defense. QB is a question, sure. I just think UT may be a bit undervalued this year when people just look at what they did the past year or two. All most people do is look at recent results and then the QB which is the most important position.
Just something to keep an eye on this year, you may be able to get some wins with UT not laying enough or getting points against teams they are actually better than (like Oklahoma)
Thanks v much
Now I understand why Mac Browns head is always on sportscentre under pressue,thanks for taking the time,makes sense.

I love college football but its just so so hard to keep track of so many teams when its never in the mainstream media,I try my best but its not easy

Sup Monger :cheers:

Yeah, NCAAF is definitely hard to keep up with. That's why I pick my spots. I follow a few teams, conferences closer than others and try to make my plays there. On big games/conferences, everyone knows. But a lot of my plays are mid-tier conferences that I'll watch all the games or follow certain stats.

I played college fantasy football for a few years. That was a full time fucking job but made me learn about lots of different teams. Entry fee wasn't enough to keep my interest, but I found lots of good spots for information

alright mong :shake:

Its like,Im not interested in football at all but you cant help but know a little about it cause it is pushed down your throat 24/7 everywhere you turn here

Sup Monger :cheers:

Yeah, NCAAF is definitely hard to keep up with. That's why I pick my spots. I follow a few teams, conferences closer than others and try to make my plays there. On big games/conferences, everyone knows. But a lot of my plays are mid-tier conferences that I'll watch all the games or follow certain stats.

I played college fantasy football for a few years. That was a full time fucking job but made me learn about lots of different teams. Entry fee wasn't enough to keep my interest, but I found lots of good spots for information
Yeah,I hear yer mate
I should just follow the MAC,I like that conference,the midweek games,but I cant :( cause Id think I was missing everything else

I also follow C-USA quite a bit. watch a lot of those games.
Midweek games are kinda annoying sometimes, because everyone has action on them. but my God, I used to love playing WMU and NIllinois Saturday games when they used to score points by the fucking ton.

Nah, my dad played at OU, in the 70's. Been a fan since birth basically. Went to college at KU, so I root for them unless they play OU.

Long story short, growing up if my father liked one team, I liked the exact opposite. He loves ND, and the only team that could compete against ND in the 70's or so was USC, so that's who I rooted for. Started following them in mid 70's.

Well, my eldest is going to college in 2 years, so I will probably be either an aggie or horns fan too. Right now I'm ambivalent about either. But, if she gets some scholarships to USC........

lol. Only out of state schools she can go to are gonna be USC, ivy leagues or a school that gives her a full scholarship. Not sure OU is in the cards, she likes it someplace warm

Do you have to pay for her to go to college ?

Yup. Gonna be expensive as fuck, that's why she's probably gonna need to stay instate.
Actually, I only agreed to pay for 1/2 her college. the rest in on her. But, if she stays in state, I will probably have enough for the entire bill. USC could be 35-40K per year :hang:

Back