As a Sooner fan I need the following to happen so we can swipe that #4 playoff spot:

majent

Oklahoma Sooners
Utah either lose straight up on friday night to Oregon or win a very close game.

We beat Baylor soundly (10 pt margin or higher)

LSU beat Georgia by at least one point.

This is not asking too much. All 3 results very likely but the irony is I am most worried about OUr Sooner D vs Baylor on Sat morning at Jerry's World.

Oregon competing could be tough even though they played tough vs Utah last time. I mean, they have looked straight awful the last few weeks.

100% convinced all you need to do is beat Baylor and OU will jump to 4. Call it the TCU theory. As a Utah alum, I have to pray Baylor wins because they won’t want a non-brand name in there. It’s down to OU or Utah (obv assuming LSU wins)

Watch Georgia win and make it all a moot point

Exactly what I told my buddy who's a USC fan and roots pac 12. He wants Utah and is singing their virtues. I reminded him that his 3rd string qb matt fink beat them. Anyhow. If georgia wins on sat night this is all moot. But until then, it's fun to discuss !!!

100% convinced all you need to do is beat Baylor and OU will jump to 4. Call it the TCU theory. As a Utah alum, I have to pray Baylor wins because they won’t want a non-brand name in there. It’s down to OU or Utah (obv assuming LSU wins)

I dont think it's that easy. If it were then utah would be lower right now but they're about to be #5 when Tuesdays poll comes out.

Tcu got jumped in 2014 because they beat lowly iowa state to end the season while ohio state crushed wisky 59-0 on the final sat night of the season and the committee couldn't shake it from their minds' eye.

If Oregon plays their A game they can beat anyone.

GA will have a tough time moving the ball even against that shit d because of the wrs out. No playmakers. Kirby will try and bleed out clock and hope his manball works.

Ou/Baylor a toss-up imo. Big time revenge spot the way Baylor lost last game. I'll be on the Baylor team total for a few units or more for sure.

Just don't forget that the committee has already alluded to the fact they are weighing Moss absence vs USC into their thinking.

Hate the source, clay travis, but you can tell how they are thinking they want the final 4 to look already by how they are ranking the teams who they beat

I.e look at how tOSUs oppo wins are ranked vs how any others, that 1 seed all but locked

maybe it was Washington I am thinking of or maybe a dream I had
Washington led and appeared to have control for all but maybe the last 7-10 minutes if I remember correctly. Outside of the USC loss Utah dominated from start to finish in the rest of their games. No clue who USCs original QB was to start the season but the backups that came in played pretty good in their home games that I watched. USC was night and day at home vs the road for most of the year.

If Oregon plays their A game they can beat anyone.

GA will have a tough time moving the ball even against that shit d because of the wrs out. No playmakers. Kirby will try and bleed out clock and hope his manball works.

Ou/Baylor a toss-up imo. Big time revenge spot the way Baylor lost last game. I'll be on the Baylor team total for a few units or more for sure.
That’s the disrespect that I was referring to last night. Eye test, resume’ test, media darling test can all be had by the BuckNuts. The chest test will tell the tale. The SEC may be down as a whole but the talking only goes so far. Keep doubting the team that’s gonna get through the team that ended your season last year and is being avoided at all costs through smoke and mirrors this year. That shit D is coming for you HUNT!!! You’ve talked enough shit for a lifetime. You better hope you soft ass pillow biters back it up for once!!!!!

Well they lost to USC and the Washington game was close. They won all their other games by 14+

By far the two best teams they played were Wash and USC and the huskies put 28 on their D and the Trojans put up 30 with a third string qb named matt "stinks" fink

That’s the disrespect that I was referring to last night. Eye test, resume’ test, media darling test can all be had by the BuckNuts. The chest test will tell the tale. The SEC may be down as a whole but the talking only goes so far. Keep doubting the team that’s gonna get through the team that ended your season last year and is being avoided at all costs through smoke and mirrors this year. That shit D is coming for you HUNT!!! You’ve talked enough shit for a lifetime. You better hope you soft ass pillow biters back it up for once!!!!!

Aranda a great DC but the LSU D has been problematic in many spots this year, just like the Sooners D has.

but as HUNT said, Georgia will not have playmakers on the outside to expose them.

giphy.gif

A 4-point home win against Max Duggan and having to defend a 2-pt conversion for a 1-pt Iowa State win...are not things that are gold stars on a resume either.

but they won those games. and skyler t became the starter at k-state in game 2.

1575572705192.png

Matt Fink 2019 stats

21/30 for 70% and 351 yds and 3 TDs, 1 INT v Utah

25/40 for 60% and 223 yds and 1 TD, 3 INT v EVERYONE ELSE

1575572775565.png

we lost to Skylar Thompson, you lost to Matt Fink.

just look at the numbers for each guy above. one guy was a starter and the other guy 3rd string right behind a true frosh (slovis)

Majent, did you watch the USC vs Utah game?

I am just curious is all.

bits and pieces. what did i miss? did USC get lucky? what are you angling at?

did you guys watch the iowa st and tcu games? OU was dominating but took their foot off the gas. no excuse, but it's true.

No angles at all.

Just curious...

up through 2014 I used to catch everything. then i became a dad and everything changed............for the better :)

but i still pay close attn to USC. I live 50 miles from the campus. their FB program gets tons of attn over here.

Moss was out half the game but Huntley played the whole game. they should have won that game if they are a top team. my opinion.
Agreed, they should win that game albeit they were missing their best player for 3 quarters (not a half).

Oklahoma should not have been getting trashed by K-State either, right? I mean... that was a 2nd half blowout till prevent defense time.

Agreed, they should win that game albeit they were missing their best player for 3 quarters (not a half).

Oklahoma should not have been getting trashed by K-State either, right? I mean... that was a 2nd half blowout till prevent defense time.

again i wished i had posted here that week. i've been very busy coaching my kids on weekends.

the week we played k-state i was worried as hell, not that we would lose, but that we would have a major fight on our hands.

k-state is a good team, man. 8-4 final record. that's a solid new coach they have over there. we played awful in all 3 phases but still kept it within 7 points.

they were better. we played poorly but they caused a lot of it.

skylar went crazy. our D shat the bed. we are not strong on D.

i will tell you that IMO k-state is as good as anyone Utah played (byu, USC, wash). i am not sure Utah would have beaten them that day.

Moss is Utah's best player? i think Huntley is. Their D should have shown up. they struggle outside of Rice-Eccles.

i hope the same happens on Friday

Utah was the better team that game. Fumbled going into the end zone. A couple bad bounces and fluke passes and they lost.

OU has been pretty bad this year. Bottom line. They don't deserve to lose by 40 to whoever is #1.

bits and pieces. what did i miss? did USC get lucky? what are you angling at?

did you guys watch the iowa st and tcu games? OU was dominating but took their foot off the gas. no excuse, but it's true.

Did you happen to notice the absolute mugging on the 2-point conversion Iowa State attempted and nothing was called?

You're going to get that non-call and get into the playoff because "SOONERS" is across the front of your jersey. Plain and simple. This Matt Fink Skylar Thompson argument is weak.

UGa lost to a 3rd string QB at home as a 24 point favorite.

up 42-21 to start the 4th qtr and fell asleep at the wheel. no doubt it. iowa state went 7-4 against everyone not named OU.

matt campbell a great coach. one of the really well respected young coaches.

utah lost to clay helton. great guy. mediocre coach.

again i wished i had posted here that week. i've been very busy coaching my kids on weekends.

the week we played k-state i was worried as hell, not that we would lose, but that we would have a major fight on our hands.

k-state is a good team, man. 8-4 final record. that's a solid new coach they have over there. we played awful in all 3 phases but still kept it within 7 points.

they were better. we played poorly but they caused a lot of it.

skylar went crazy. our D shat the bed. we are not strong on D.

i will tell you that IMO k-state is as good as anyone Utah played (byu, USC, wash). i am not sure Utah would have beaten them that day.

Moss is Utah's best player? i think Huntley is. Their D should have shown up. they struggle outside of Rice-Eccles.

i hope the same happens on Friday

Yup, the run defense that night was amazing until the closeout drive when they gave up a first down.

That was the jump ball game -- simple as that.

You're going to get that non-call and get into the playoff because "SOONERS" is across the front of your jersey. Plain and simple. This Matt Fink Skylar Thompson argument is weak.

UGa lost to a 3rd string QB at home as a 24 point favorite.

I'm more confident that Utah is going to get in than you are. i really am.

With UGA again you have to look at the wins, too. ND, FL on a neutral, and @ Auburn.

those wins offset the ugly loss.

i want to focus on utah big wins but who did they beat? close game at wash (7 win team) and close loss at SC (8 win team)

Utah was the better team that game. Fumbled going into the end zone. A couple bad bounces and fluke passes and they lost.

OU has been pretty bad this year. Bottom line. They don't deserve to lose by 40 to whoever is #1.

OU can score on ANYONE in the country. they would not lose by 40 to ohio state, LSU, or clemson.

all 3 of those teams are better, but with a month's time to heal (we need to heal) and a neutral track to play on, we stay within 2 TDS of those teams.

I think Utah or Baylor would, too.

Utah doesn't have Moss for 3Q and they lose on the road to the current #21 team.

OU doesn't have CeeDee Lamb (14 TDS all american WR) and they win at current #7 team.

we can go around and around.

If Utah deserves to go, they should go. we will all give our opinions on Sat night.

i will be very fair with mine.

right now, slight edge Utah to get the nod.

let's see what happens this Fri night in Santa Clara and Sat morning in Irving.

USC was up 14-7 at the end of the 1Q which was before Moss left the game. The Utes D was already struggling. Why? they struggle away from Rice-Eccles.

get them away from the elevation of SLC and they become more human, just ask USC and Wash.

Back