Anyone think it's anything other than SA/MIA in the finals?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Few believed in Indy going all the way to the Finals at the end of the reg. season, and if most didn't write them off at 2-3 down to Atlanta, they certainly weren't lining up to bet on them making a comeback. You saw the real Indy in Game 3 @Wash, but of course there's no guarantee that team is back "for good", but if it is then Miami has no cake walk to the Finals.

As far as SAS goes, to me it's a question of OKC's ability to consistently produce their best (should they get by LAC, which I personally think they should manage from 2-1 up); is Brooks capable of putting them in a position of doing so. Since no one can definitively say the answer to these two questions is "no", I can see Spurs & (if the real Indy really is back "for good") Heat players playing golf while the Finals are going on.

Washington & LAC have little chance in my book should they make the CFs (lack of experience just for starters, since the NBA is a pay-your-dues league if ever there was one), and I wouldn't rule out the Nets chances of an ECFs appearance just yet.

Hibbert is basically going to own Miami. But the heat should prevail. San Antonio is on another level right now.

Hibbert is basically going to own Miami. But the heat should prevail. San Antonio is on another level right now.

While i tip my hat to them and are playing well (dammed if you do damned if you don't situation) - this series is more about the weakness of the tblazers..
I give lots of credit to pops for his x's and o's forcing lillard and LM to play differently...but if blazers were any good - they have some answers and they don't ..

[/U][/B]

While i tip my hat to them and are playing well (dammed if you do damned if you don't situation) - this series is more about the weakness of the tblazers..
I give lots of credit to pops for his x's and o's forcing lillard and LM to play differently...but if blazers were any good - they have some answers and they don't ..

agree...its more a case of portland playing really bad than pop being some kind of genius

i try not over react to what's going on at the moment due to silva/refs/adjustments made game to game etc.

if i were to wager i would probably guess mia/sas but not sure the nba wants a repeat....indy and okc could make it...wash/port/clips/nets will not make it

I know this isn't on topic of the thread title however if you are a free agent do you want to play for tblazers or suns

Lets give a little credit to SAS for Portland playing as you say really Bad. So Portland goes into the playoffs winning 9 out of there last 10 then beats a Houston team in 6 and all of a sudden they're playing bad and SAS have nothing to do with that. I guess you'll be saying the same thing about the Clips or OKC and possibly the Heat if they get there. Just a side note tell me who's a better Coach then Pops here's the Coach B of football.

Now that the Thunder won last night and advance to play the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals ...

The Thunder swept the Spurs 4-0 in the regular season. From Elias: There have been only 3 instances in NBA history where one team was 4-0 or better vs. another team in the regular season and they met in the Conference Finals. In all 3 cases, the team that swept the regular season won the playoff series as well.

Before this year's playoffs, teams who swept the regular season series won 51 out of the last 55 series, when these same teams met in the playoffs

It happened in the San Antonio v. Dallas series, where San Antonio prevailed, and it also happened in the Miami v. Brooklyn series, where Miami went against this trend.

Back