Any interest in a bowl game confidence pool?

Please delete my entry if you haven't already. I got too drunk on Friday and forgot the games started on Dec 22, and I forgot to make my picks.

- Gorg

damn hook some brothas up

only pays 4 spots which i think is kinda crazy, but worth it if you win. i finished 3rd last year and got like 600.

i'm in a bunch of weird pools that i would like to recreate here, but its hard to get everyone on the same page.

I would love to get a "score change" superbowl square pool going... i'm in one that is $500 a square (been in for like 5 years).. every time the score changes someone wins 2000 dollars.. and final score gets the rest.

We could do that on a smaller scale here..

The ESPN website has cost me 40 points in the pool, and that'll probably enough to eliminate me from the competition.

Last edited:
Espn is your mortal enemy... Ive had no issues and like the setup actually. Idk about others

I have made the exact same picks in both CTG confidence pools, and somehow I have 40 more points in the Yahoo one.

Last edited:
i'm confused , what happened.... ?

i too am playing the same picks in both the CTG Yahoo and this ESPN poll.... so far i have the same points in both

i'm confused , what happened.... ?

i too am playing the same picks in both the CTG Yahoo and this ESPN poll.... so far i have the same points in both

I'm playing in 3 ESPN confidence pools. One of those ESPN pools is just for fun. There is no money involved whatsoever. As found out too late, ESPN forces all of your picks to be identical in every pool. So when I made changes to my "just for fun" pool, it forced those changes in all of my ESPN pools including this one. Of course, I didn't realize that until it was too late. And if that isn't ridiculous enough, the ESPN didn't do that for my Oregon State play. I had Oregon State for 13 points in every pool, but the pick didn't register in my CTG pool.

Damn sorry to hear that.... pretty stupid way to run contests on such a big site

I have two separate entries into two separate groups.. different picks. So i dont know where ur going wrong.

It looks like my remaining picks are showing up on ESPN (Nos. 32 and 31, for instance), so can't make any changes. Anyone else have this issue?

Remaining games aren't showing up in my list. Don't know where I have bama and buckeyes, for instance, because they aren't there.

it shows all mine when i look at mine.

if i look at yours or other peoples it doesnt show them bc they dont want you to know what others are taking for the remaining games.. it would be a way to cheat.

Are you logged in to espn fully? if so you should be able to see yours... check that and report back

Damn sorry to hear that.... pretty stupid way to run contests on such a big site

That 40 points would have me in sitting 1st place right now. It's only 25 bucks so not really a big deal, but I'm competitive as hell and hate to lose. :grin:

Good Luck to those who are still in the running..

i dont know who everyone has.. but if you guys want to talk amongst yourselves to come up with a chop before the game starts that would be fine with me.

I just dont know who has who in the final game or i would produce the scenarios for you.

again.. Good luck.

and please reply to the league safe email you will receive in the morning so the funds can be distributed.

well i had to take Auburn if i wanted a shot to win....

BOL everybody!

I'd love to run a fairly large Super Bowl square pool.. But I'm worried about the legality for some reason

Thanks for running this one. You get 10% of what I won, I do that with anyone that puts the time in to run a pool(aggravation fee). Let me know here the easiest way to do that.

Thanks for running this one. You get 10% of what I won, I do that with anyone that puts the time in to run a pool(aggravation fee). Let me know here the easiest way to do that.
Doggle I wiosh your avy was back

Funny story about this. I have never heard of someone taking 10% off a pool.....until 5 years ago

almost caused a huge fight.....he said thats how it is always done, everyone else said fuck that

where u from?

Thanks Doggle.. i wasnt expecting a cut, but i wont turn it down.. i'll use it towards the next pool i run.

SEnding out the allocation email shortly.. need 51% of owners to approve so money can be allocated.

Thanks everyone.

Back