Almost halfway home, 8 weeks..what have we learned?

That Marcus Mariota’s time in Tenn is over. Offense looks totally different with a QB confident in where he wants to go with the ball, and is accurate. They can play their way into the division with games left against Indy and Jax, and 2 with Houston, but the 2-4 start will most likely cost them and we will be picking a qb in round 1

STILL not sure we know how good NE and SF are. Don't get me wrong, they are both good and will both make playoffs obviously.... but neither has been tested yet....

Will learn more about NE next week. While I don’t think Balt is elite, they are much better than what Pats have faced.

That Marcus Mariota’s time in Tenn is over. Offense looks totally different with a QB confident in where he wants to go with the ball, and is accurate. They can play their way into the division with games left against Indy and Jax, and 2 with Houston, but the 2-4 start will most likely cost them and we will be picking a qb in round 1

I think it may be too late at this point; the colts and Texans are decent and I cant see Tennessee making that strong of a push. what they need to figure out though is if they found something in tannehill or if they need an upgrade. its not impossible that tannehill can thrive outside of Miami; he has talent and a very team friendly salary if hes gonna be the guy next year

STILL not sure we know how good NE and SF are. Don't get me wrong, they are both good and will both make playoffs obviously.... but neither has been tested yet....

this narrative needs to go out the window. you can only play who is on your schedule. they are both crushing nfl teams. nobody plays playoff teams week in and week out. SF just hung 50 on a good team and the Pats defense is ridiculous. I don't really get why ppl love to go to this "they haven't played anyone" narrative

having said that, I will be absolutely pounding balty next week. just the perfect spot and opponent for NE to get their first loss

Nagy is a fucking moron. Anyone hear his post game interview. He didn't want to run another play to try to get the kicker closer because he was afraid of losing yardage on a run or throwing a pick or taking a sack on a throw. Great confidence in your team douchebag. And yes that missed kick did cost me a 7-team ML parlay so I'm a tad bitter. But that's just shit coaching.

Drew was 11-11 when throwing to Michael Thomas.
How is this guy doing this with the other WRs on the team

Niners did smother a Rams team that hasn't lost since their meeting. Panthers were also on a four game win streak.
But yes, both Niners and Pats will get plenty of tests the next six weeks.

I think it may be too late at this point; the colts and Texans are decent and I cant see Tennessee making that strong of a push. what they need to figure out though is if they found something in tannehill or if they need an upgrade. its not impossible that tannehill can thrive outside of Miami; he has talent and a very team friendly salary if hes gonna be the guy next year

Unlikely yes, but possible, only bc we have games w them left. If Tannehill performs well I could see them giving him a shorter deal and still drafting a qb, he does get hurt a lot, let’s remember

Vikings-Skins : Can't really take much out of that one, other than Haskins is super raw and if he's playing against the Bills it will be another long day for Skins fans. Vikes have such great balance right now, they're like the Niners but without the ferociousness on D. More of a workmanlike containment D.

Jets-Jags : Short week road trip should've been trouble for the Jets, and it was. Darnold had a decent 7.3 YPA and only 9 incompletions, but 3 were picks. Eight sacks allowed though, yikes. I'm guess the O-Line getting dominated is why Lev Bell got nothing going. Jags showed good clock chewing balance, 8-17 on third downs, really kept the clamps on this one. But they still struggle to run in the red zone. And Foles/Minshew, is that going to be an issue?

Cards-Saints : Old man Brees started slow but knocked the rust off and played well. Saints D was pretty smothering without creating turnovers, and their own efficiency on O led them to a 38-22 TOP edge. 49 total plays for Kliff's kids, wow. Have to agree with Twinkie, how does a team with Patrick Peterson at CB allow Michael Thomas to go 11 for 11 on targets??? Meanwhile the Saints clamped down on Larry Fitz. All this without the best player on either roster (Kamara) seeing the field. Fantasy question: has Lat Murray earned a 1B role like Ingram used to have? Asking for a friend that has bye weeks coming for Cook and Aaron Jones.

Pats game this Sunday vs. Baltimore is especially important. Win and they'll have a death grip on best record in the conference and getting home field in the playoffs. They don't lose in Foxboro in January.

Bengals-Rams: Didn't see much of this except for Kupp running wild and one drive from Cincy where they ripped off 3 straight solid runs from Mixon and Bernard. Then I see the box score showed they fired the Rifle 52 times??? Waiting for AJ Green in week 10 to see if the Bungles have any pulse at all the 2nd half of the year. Meanwhile the Rams did their Ram things and rolled up 470 yards with no turnovers, no sacks, no FGs missed....but only scored 24? Hmm, surprising.

Jets-Jags : Short week road trip should've been trouble for the Jets, and it was. Darnold had a decent 7.3 YPA and only 9 incompletions, but 3 were picks. Eight sacks allowed though, yikes. I'm guess the O-Line getting dominated is why Lev Bell got nothing going. Jags showed good clock chewing balance, 8-17 on third downs, really kept the clamps on this one. But they still struggle to run in the red zone. And Foles/Minshew, is that going to be an issue?

I fucking love Minshew. The whole stache thing plus how hes just a gritty dude who rusn around and seems to somehow make plays. Its so hard to know if he is like a legit starting qb in the NFL for the long haul. But I hope so. Hes fun. And if you can have a starting QB on a fucking 6th rd rookie deal for 4 years that is incredible for a teams roster makeup. Teams always need a QB...if I'm the jags im absolutely looking to unload foles' contract and rollin with the stache.

Cincy is in an interesting spot bc there is enough talent on that team that one week its gonna click and they are gonna get a W...which is the worst thing that could happen to them. They really should be looking to trade AJ but word is they just love him as a player and a guy in Cincy and it would be hard for them to let him go elsewhere. He may legit be the mayor of cincy when he retires. But yea, one week the Bengals are gonna fluke their way into a 17-16 victory and blow their chance at Tua or Herbert

Broncos-Colts: Denver is so hard luck this year, third two point loss on a FG in the last seconds, including 50+ yarders from the equally hard luck Bears and from the oldest man in the game. They are that close to being tied for 1st in the AFC West and squarely in the wild card hunt. Their schedule gets painful after their bye week. Brissett has been surprisingly good so far so I guess they were due for a struggle, and Denver has the tools on D to give you one. All seven games have been one score affairs and they've come out ahead in 5 of them. Should be another one next week at Pitt and their improving D. I like Mr. Comeback as their coach, he will keep them relevant each week.

Cards-Saints : Old man Brees started slow but knocked the rust off and played well. Saints D was pretty smothering without creating turnovers, and their own efficiency on O led them to a 38-22 TOP edge. 49 total plays for Kliff's kids, wow. Have to agree with Twinkie, how does a team with Patrick Peterson at CB allow Michael Thomas to go 11 for 11 on targets??? Meanwhile the Saints clamped down on Larry Fitz. All this without the best player on either roster (Kamara) seeing the field. Fantasy question: has Lat Murray earned a 1B role like Ingram used to have? Asking for a friend that has bye weeks coming for Cook and Aaron Jones.
I have a soft spot for PP, obv. But yea. I was there so didn’t watch it every time, but didn’t PP go to wherever Micheal Thomas was?

Bucs-Titans: Titans tried their hardest to lose this one despite getting +3 in turnovers. Tits game plan appears to be Henry and whatever receiver Tannehill can hit on a 3 step drop. I swear they have five TEs on their roster, thought I saw them go four wide with three TEs in the pattern, and I don't think Delanie even played! Just can't figure these guys out. Bucs on the other hand are pretty consistent. Jameis will throw a ton to Evans and Godwin (sometimes all to just one), look for Brate in the redzone, and a third of the time Arians will throw in a run, split 50-50 between talented Ronald Jones and untalented Peyton Barber. And Jameis will turn it over (14 times in 7 games) just enough to secure a loss. Their run D has actually been decent this year. I wonder if Arians airs it out because he sees his RBs in practice look like crap?

Giants-Lions: Didn't see a minute of this one, but the box score is not surprising. Giants were playing catch up all game after any early Danny Dimes turnover, but the Lions were able to answer when needed. Pretty good offensive show, with plenty of weapons making plays, and defenses willing to allow them. Two teams that will contribute to over chances.

Nagy is a fucking moron. Anyone hear his post game interview. He didn't want to run another play to try to get the kicker closer because he was afraid of losing yardage on a run or throwing a pick or taking a sack on a throw. Great confidence in your team douchebag. And yes that missed kick did cost me a 7-team ML parlay so I'm a tad bitter. But that's just shit coaching.

Did you forget who Chicago‘s quarterback is? I sympathize with Nagy‘s thought. The kicker should do his fckn job it wasn‘t exactly a 50 yarder even. From the way the ball moved in the air it was obvious he didn‘t kick it well at all.

Darnold was usually good when he could just drop back and make quick passes. The Jets' game plan was to attack the middle of the field where the Jags have a ton of injured linebackers and so they were able to utilize their tight end Ryan Griffin a good bit against the Jags. Safety Ronnie Harrison and third-best corner D.J. Hayden got hurt.
But Darnold had zero drop-back game. Some of that was mistakes on his part but most notablyhe was super bad against pressure and he had to deal with a really strong pass rush. Jets o-line was absolutely atrocious and allowed eight sacks. And yea Bell could get nothing going.
Jags need to stop trying to push it in from the goal line. Texans, Bengals, now Jets repeatedly stopped them despite having a super strong running back. It's obvious that the o-line is outmatched in that part of the field and that last play call, running outside with Fournette tells me that Jax was desperately clueless, which you have to be to call that with Fournette.
Jax o-line in general is really bad, especially on the right side (McCann/Richardson and bust Jawwaan Taylor) but Jags run really well on the left side where Fournette has great chem with his o-line, he's great at finding those cut-back lanes, he hits those wholes extra fast this year, you can tell that he's much much faster as a runner in addition to being very strong. He's currently the NFL"s second-leading rusher!

Chicago needs an overhaul. Ryan Pace should probably be out of a job. Trubisky has taken steps back. Play calling is atrocious. I thot Nagy was supposed to be the offensive guru and QB whisperer. We haven’t seen that. Still don’t have a kicker.

Did you forget who Chicago‘s quarterback is? I sympathize with Nagy‘s thought. The kicker should do his fckn job it wasn‘t exactly a 50 yarder even. From the way the ball moved in the air it was obvious he didn‘t kick it well at all.

I get it & you're spot on but when you can't trust your QB to the point where you fear that one single play will result in negative yards you need to make a change. Hand the fuckin' thing off at least.

New England, SF, and New Orleans have pretty good Defenses. Vegas still doesn't trust the SF defense as the -4.5 at home vs Carolina yesterday indicated.

Kitchen's was probably a bad hire by Cleveland IMO -- all that talent and a 2-5 record. Granted that talent is with the skill players and not the O-line.

I'm surprised Mariota hasn't asked for a trade after losing his job considering players have been doing this recently.

Cleveland and NY Jets both need O-line overhauls if they expect their QBs to not be injured soon.

Rosen is rotting in hell in Miami while Fitzpatrick is getting starts to ensure the #1 Draft pick in 2020. If Rosen if your QB of the future and you traded for him. Most likely you aren't selecting a QB with your #1 pick so what does it matter if it's a 1,2, or 3 pick? Plenty of holes to fill after you traded half the team.

Packers-Chiefs
AA.jpg

P-Unit and I saw this last night as we're both enthusiastic Aaron Jones owners. Here is a screenshot from 3 seconds before Rodgers does his offbalance back corner throw that Williams somehow catches while staying inbounds. Rodgers had looked to the right first as the Pack tried a pick play to either free Williams on the cross or the WR on the roll to the back of the endzone. Both are blanketed. It looks from his footwork and head that Rodgers is looking at an absolutely wide open Jones for an easy pitch and catch TD. The pocket is solid and should allow the easy throw. And yet Rodgers looks off him, dances around and eventually pulls off the triple Lindy with a twist. Sure, he's Aaron effing Rodgers. But he also hasn't been to a Super Bowl since 2010. I expect a little more vision this Hall of Famer. No doubt Brady would've taken that throw 100 times out of 100.

That said, Lafleur did have a nice package of plays for Aaron Jones and he took (nearly) full advantage. The Chiefs were more competitive than I expected with Matt Moore at the helm. Still, Mahomes can't come back soon enough.

There was a sinkhole that tried to swallow a bus in downtown Pittsburgh this weekend.

I can guarantee that if the Steelers lose to Miami tonight that sinkhole will be filled with black and gold gear and maybe Tomlin.....

a loss could finalize the nail in Tomlin's coffin IMO, but it seems implausible that this could happen.
Yea this game worries me. A combination of factors.

Steelers playing a bad team. have woeful records vs losing teams.
Steelers on Monday night have a great record
Rookie QB for steelers
Poorly timed Turnovers by the Steelers
Steelers off a bye are notoriously slow starters (that was with Big Ben). - IDK whether it's preparation or what, but they never fare well out of the gates.

Steelers Defense has been playing well, but can the offense score enough to cover 14 points? Plus near the end of games, the defense starts to play lax as evidenced the last couple of games where SD suddenly made it a 7 pt game in the 4th Qtr.

Right now I lean Miami+14 but the Miami offense has been woefully inadequate despite an Up-and-down Fitzpatrick.

Feel like it time to own the fact they screwed up royally drafting trubisky if you can’t trust him to run a play which essentially what he saying with that statement.

I’ve figured out this ain’t my fukkin year. lol. I Never know year to year with nfl but at this point it painfully obvious this one my ugly years., I didn’t even bet yesterday, can’t remember last time I completely passed on a nfl card. (Did cash skins thu night but a whole Sunday? Def a 1st for me. lol).

On the bright side I’m so fed up w the product I’ve kinda turned to nhl reg season for 1st time in my 20+ years gambling and I been crushing the hockey!! Dunno if it beginners luck or it really this easy?? Lol. Came in 3rd place in a 50-70 pick contest that just finished up!!

The Trubisky thing is allllllll over. Doesn’t help who got drafted after....

I don’t hold mahomes against them as much cause clearly lots of teams had questions about him.

trading up when Watson didn’t go in top 10? I had no clue wtf teams were doing not drafting Watson who I thought was hands down best qb in that draft!! He lit up bama in 2 championship games for Christ sakes! Why the hell teams didn’t think that would translate is beyond me? Let’s pass on that kid and trade up for a kid who only started one year at football factory unc????? So dumb.

I would never draft a kid that only started 1 year in college. Especially odd was I’ve heard them say they thought mahomes was a project while they thought trubisky was ready? Nobody ready after 1 season of college and nfl isn’t the place to learn qb!!!!!

I can guarantee that if the Steelers lose to Miami tonight that sinkhole will be filled with black and gold gear and maybe Tomlin.....

Don't for get the busloads of survivor pool players who picked the Steelers.

easy schedules so far, but i'm not paying to find out on the other side of NE. SF maybe

he's a free agent

can you blame him? Can't have any faith in that team besides an underperforming defense

Trubisky should only be allowed to run, got them into FG range because he avoided Ingram for a first down instead of a sack, but once he does anything different CHI is in huge trouble

no, Foles signed an $88mm contract and is far too expensive to do anything with but play

I fucking love Minshew. The whole stache thing plus how hes just a gritty dude who rusn around and seems to somehow make plays. Its so hard to know if he is like a legit starting qb in the NFL for the long haul. But I hope so. Hes fun. And if you can have a starting QB on a fucking 6th rd rookie deal for 4 years that is incredible for a teams roster makeup. Teams always need a QB...if I'm the jags im absolutely looking to unload foles' contract and rollin with the stache.

he would be impossible to trade and Minshew's best win is TEN. His wins come from beating teams with a 7-24 (23%) record

RE: 1b, don't think so once Kamara returns, but my theory preseason before Brees got hurt was that Murray will be a goalline back and he'll get enough touches in the middle of the field that he'll be worth starting in full schedule weeks so definitely with byes

Cincy is in an interesting spot bc there is enough talent on that team that one week its gonna click and they are gonna get a W...which is the worst thing that could happen to them. They really should be looking to trade AJ but word is they just love him as a player and a guy in Cincy and it would be hard for them to let him go elsewhere. He may legit be the mayor of cincy when he retires. But yea, one week the Bengals are gonna fluke their way into a 17-16 victory and blow their chance at Tua or Herbert

setting him up to be Mayor AJ Green instead of getting picks in return for him cuz he's walking anyway would be such a Cincy move

Bucs-Titans: Titans tried their hardest to lose this one despite getting +3 in turnovers. Tits game plan appears to be Henry and whatever receiver Tannehill can hit on a 3 step drop. I swear they have five TEs on their roster, thought I saw them go four wide with three TEs in the pattern, and I don't think Delanie even played! Just can't figure these guys out. Bucs on the other hand are pretty consistent. Jameis will throw a ton to Evans and Godwin (sometimes all to just one), look for Brate in the redzone, and a third of the time Arians will throw in a run, split 50-50 between talented Ronald Jones and untalented Peyton Barber. And Jameis will turn it over (14 times in 7 games) just enough to secure a loss. Their run D has actually been decent this year. I wonder if Arians airs it out because he sees his RBs in practice look like crap?

Arians airs it out, that's what he does. It's why Howard has become nothing but tradebait

Cancel the rest of the AFC season and put NE in the damn Super Bowl. So sick of their ass but they're going 14-2 and no one is going in there and beating them in the playoffs. Keeping small faith that the Chiefs get healthy and hold on to the 4 seed, beat someone at home and go up there in the divisional round and pull off the miracle.

Back