All-Star Weekend Discussion

You're on an island here me thinks. Every NBA "guy," analyst, talking head is saying it's obvious he wins it and they all say he deserves it.

He's about to average a triple double for the season, something only Oscar and Russ have done. He's a big man too, nothing similar to Oscar or Russ.

Agree that it sucks betting wise, but a couple/few months ago he wasn't the favorite and you could have gotten a pretty nice payout on him at the time.

Not one the ppl saying that would take him 1st to build their franchise.

I don’t recall ever seeing Jokic doing anything in all star game, “his game not suited for asg”, translation, when you put all the best players in the world on the court he isn’t one of them!

This is silly. The ASG isn't anything like a real game, so his game not translating to it is meaningless...and makes sense. Nobody is back cutting, moving without the ball the way they would in a real game. The defense is basically non-existent as well, so his skills aren't needed (so to speak), they aren't doubling him for him to show off his vision and hit that perfect pass that he does so well. Just so many facets of his game that don't show up in an ASG due to the way the game is played.

Don’t wanna compare him to Russ cause i like Jokic game, just don’t think there any world he makes his team better than Tatum.

Don’t wanna compare him to Russ cause i like Jokic game, just don’t think there any world he makes his team better than Tatum.

I was "comparing" them (Russ, Oscar, Jokic) on their size and position alone. A guard averaging a triple double (AVERAGING!) is much more likely than a big man. The fact he gets 10 assists a game in the 5 spot is fucking amazing by itself.

Sure. That's not how MVP is determined nor the way they're voting for it.

Well that redic, mvp supposed to be the guy who you want leading yesr team. I know exactly how they do it, with garbage analytic stats that dont prove at all who the best player is.

Well that redic, mvp supposed to be the guy who you want leading yesr team. I know exactly how they do it, with garbage analytic stats that dont prove at all who the best player is.

No, it isn't supposed to be that, and it shouldn't be.

Next year Wenbenyama would be every single GMs answer as to who they would want to start a franchise with (given his age, talent, etc). You think he should be MVP simply due to that fact? Lol, come on man you're trying too hard here.

I was "comparing" them (Russ, Oscar, Jokic) on their size and position alone. A guard averaging a triple double (AVERAGING!) is much more likely than a big man. The fact he gets 10 assists a game in the 5 spot is fucking amazing by itself.

I don’t find it that amazing, the way defense not being played it pretty damn easy for him to find open cutters and shooters since most defenders not checking guys off the ball. I’m not trying to bash him, he a top 10 player, he not a top 5 player tho and keeps winning mvp.

I don’t find it that amazing, the way defense not being played it pretty damn easy for him to find open cutters and shooters since most defenders not checking guys off the ball. I’m not trying to bash him, he a top 10 player, he not a top 5 player tho and keeps winning mvp.

Okay. Do you know, off the top of your head, any other FIVES that have averaged 7 assists a game, let alone 10?

No, it isn't supposed to be that, and it shouldn't be.

Next year Wenbenyama would be every single GMs answer as to who they would want to start a franchise with (given his age, talent, etc). You think he should be MVP simply due to that fact? Lol, come on man you're trying too hard here.

I don’t have to try. Anyone who has any basketball acumen can easily see he not the best player in the league. The ppl justifying him winning 3 in a row the ones that have to try.

I don’t have to try. Anyone who has any basketball acumen can easily see he not the best player in the league. The ppl justifying him winning 3 in a row the ones that have to try.

But the people you're claiming would say that are actually saying the exact opposite. That's where I'm confused and said you're trying to hard. It's okay if you don't think he should win MVP this year...but you're trying too hard to make that case as evidenced by bringing up how he performs in an ASG ffs.

But the people you're claiming would say that are actually saying the exact opposite. That's where I'm confused and said you're trying to hard. It's okay if you don't think he should win MVP this year...but you're trying too hard to make that case as evidenced by bringing up how he performs in an ASG ffs.

Not really. It was one comment about how when you put all the best players on the court he not one of them. The reason he shouldn’t win cause he not close to the best player in the league.

Not really. It was one comment about how when you put all the best players on the court he not one of them. The reason he shouldn’t win cause he not close to the best player in the league.

IN AN ALL STAR GAME. It's completely meaningless and you're trying to take meaning from it and justify why Jokic (who's won the last 2 MVPs) shouldn't be MVP.

He's a PG. You've lost the plot here man. I'm sorry...you're right Jokic doesn't deserve MVP. Let's move on.

So what, the game has completely changed. Much easier to get assist from any position. Not saying he isn’t good, he dang sure shouldn’t be a 3x mvp when guys like Tatum and co doing things he could never do.

IN AN ALL STAR GAME. It's completely meaningless and you're trying to take meaning from it and justify why Jokic (who's won the last 2 MVPs) shouldn't be MVP.

No im
Not. I’m saying the fact he not the best player why he shouldn’t have 2 mvps, of course Steve nash didn’t deserve his either, the fact he has more than kobe says everything we need to know bout the hacks who vote on this.

So what, the game has completely changed. Much easier to get assist from any position. Not saying he isn’t good, he dang sure shouldn’t be a 3x mvp when guys like Tatum and co doing things he could never do.

Yes, the game has changed. I didn't bring Stockton into it, you did.

But sure it's much easier to get assists from any position...so it should be easy to find a bunch of other 5s (or 4s if you'd like too) who average 5 assists a game (he averages double that to go along with the points and rebounds).

Yes Tatum can do things he can't. Jokic can also do things Tatum can't. What even is this?

No im
Not. I’m saying the fact he not the best player why he shouldn’t have 2 mvps, of course Steve nash didn’t deserve his either, the fact he has more than kobe says everything we need to know bout the hacks who vote on this.

Okay man, like I said...you're right he shouldn't win MVP. Let's move on. Hockey starts in 15 minutes or so.

I’d be happy to celebrate Jokic game if they wernt insistent on elevating him into rarified air he doesn’t belong

I'm on the under 7 in FLA and under 6.5 in Boston.

Probably dabble on the huge dogs too (OTT +285, ANA +325), see if either take a lead and can eventually get money on the big fav live when they may be the dog (or much smaller fav). A little arb betting today if the situation arises.

This was the moment for me, smfh...

This was the moment for me, smfh...

That 2 min were brown/Tatum went head to head then dame pulling up and drilling the 1st Trey he shot from other side half court was sick. Mitchell displayed range for days. The game sucked but most of that cause lineups we did get some nice moments. It woulda been better had bron not got punked In the draft, seeing Tatum v mitchell bomb away on opposite teams woulda been great. I think having dame on same team as Ja took some luster away as Ja just took back seat. Been munch better if Ja and Dane were on opposite sides. Do away w draft right before game, that was dumb, unlike draft, just go back to drafting few days before,, That would help imo,

If game was close in 4th and it hadn't just become dribble up and launch 3s

Went to half court offense

Hes 100% on the court too

Don't forget, he's also father to Cheryl Ford (who also has a twin brother I guess?).

Those two were from Karl's HS sweetheart. He left to play CBB and had nothing to do with them.

I think around time she was playing for the Detroit Shock in mid 2000s she decided to forgive him.

Real dirtbag.

I saw the clip of bomani jones talking about it on twitter, he made a really good point

If the NBA hadn't included him it would have created more questions around malone and why he wasnt there

So they took the option that got them least blowback, cowardly imo

Don't forget, he's also father to Cheryl Ford (who also has a twin brother I guess?).

Those two were from Karl's HS sweetheart. He left to play CBB and had nothing to do with them.

I think around time she was playing for the Detroit Shock in mid 2000s she decided to forgive him.

Real dirtbag.

Having a total worthless deadbeat dad who had no interest in my life that kinda hits close to home. Sack of shit, I never wanted the responsibility of raising kids, half cause I’m a fuck up, half cause didn’t wanna do them the way I got done but at least I had the decency not to bring any into this world then shit on them. Hope you die old miserable, painfully and alone mailman!

Apparently dude was at Staples in his custom cowboy hat and boots back in ‘04 when Vanessa Bryant asked, ‘Hey cowboy, what you huntin’ to which Karl replied, ‘I’m huntin’ little Mexican girls’…
Yup, @guaranteeed posed that question earlier if this is first time those two in same building since his Laker days.

Back