All-Star Game Discussion Thread

Hope there's a Skenes to strike out the side in the 1st prop available. That will be my only wager and not more than lunch money.

Looking at all the lines for this thing it reminds me of a science project due at 8am that keeps you from sleeping

I read Action's emails on occasion and today the bet that stuck out was Alonso over Witt in the first round. Apparently it was available at DK at -125 but is no longer there. Might look around later to see if it still exists somewhere but they were spot on with the case that Witt is lined at 21.5 in the first round and Alonso is lined at 24.5. Also a great thought that Pete is a large dude and stands the chance to fade late so first round is where the focus should be.

Pissed I missed out on this.

Will Skenes just pitch on inning? Ceasars is a bit goofy. They you have pick exact amount, 0, 1, 2 or 3 plus
I highly doubt a rookie goes more than one inning, not even sure anyone does anymore. That said since Judge is batting 4th I guess it's possible he gets sent out for one more AB if he goes 3 up/down in the 1st inning just for the show.

Looking to throw a little on MVP. Gonna go down the list to a reserve, expecting a close game and late-game heroics. I like the AL to win, so will go with a sprinkle on hometown boy Witt at 15-1 and the Rangers' Seager at 35-1. Might add a couple others down the board.

Despite the track record, I like the NL because the AL batters won't hit Skenes in the first, and the NL can likely touch up Burnes a bit out of the gate and hold on.

Despite the track record, I like the NL because the AL batters won't hit Skenes in the first, and the NL can likely touch up Burnes a bit out of the gate and hold on.
One of the books I looked at had Skenes to strike out Kwan at +500, completely forgot to go back and bet it

Nice showing by Tarik, who should have started.

Next few weeks be interesting to see if someone offers us a crazy package for him. Dodgers and Orioles seem to be the most interested teams right now.

Skubal's from Kingman, had no clue

The classic stop to pickup food and alcohol on the drive to Vegas. Never knew they produced a major leaguer

Nice showing by Tarik, who should have started.

Next few weeks be interesting to see if someone offers us a crazy package for him. Dodgers and Orioles seem to be the most interested teams right now.
Heard the Dodgers have been talking about it and working on a package. Bet Lugo to win AL Cy Young today on the chance that happens. Burnes is currently second choice behind Skubal.

They're turning this into a city league softball game with this crap talking to the players while they're playing.

They're turning this into a city league softball game with this crap talking to the players while they're playing.
I mean, this happens every nationally televised game now. This would be the one time where it’s appropriate/acceptable.

Just sucks an error leads to that.

Like the cap.

But, Ohtani in the right spot cost me a few bucks.

I don't generally mind it in an exhibition game but they went so far overboard tonight it wasn't listenable

I mean, this happens every nationally televised game now. This would be the one time where it’s appropriate/acceptable.
Sure, but this all-star game is the only one where they actually compete at the highest level. Pitchers throw their best stuff and hitters try. Admittedly, I'm your get-off-my-lawn guy. Was a sports journalist for more than 40 years and respected the sanctity of the player/media relationship. Guess I'm not hip to the shit they do now to intervene in the actual game.

Sure, but this all-star game is the only one where they actually compete at the highest level. Pitchers throw their best stuff and hitters try. Admittedly, I'm your get-off-my-lawn guy. Was a sports journalist for more than 40 years and respected the sanctity of the player/media relationship. Guess I'm not hip to the shit they do now to intervene in the actual game.
The game is meant for fan engagement, and years ago when kids cared it got them exposure to players they never/seen heard. As a journalist I’m kinda surprised you don’t see it this way. Has nothing to do with being hip.

The game is meant for fan engagement, and years ago when kids cared it got them exposure to players they never/seen heard. As a journalist I’m kinda surprised you don’t see it this way. Has nothing to do with being hip.
I'm all for accessibility to the players. That's what pregame stories and features are for, as well as postgame interviews and stories. Don't need to hear some asinine assessment from Harper in the middle of the second inning about how he likes his team.

I'm all for accessibility to the players. That's what pregame stories and features are for, as well as postgame interviews and stories. Don't need to hear some asinine assessment from Harper in the middle of the second inning about how he likes his team.
Fair enough. I guess as we get older we get to decide what things to get upset about, this seems like a minor thing in the grand scheme of things.

Fair enough. I guess as we get older we get to decide what things to get upset about, this seems like a minor thing in the grand scheme of things.
Exactly, everybody do their own thing. I spent most of my life in this realm and earning my perspective. Don't need anyone to tell me if it's minor or major.

Man one thing Hunter Greene hasn't done much of in his short career is miss barrels when guys make contact. He's always an entertaining watch if you don't have money on the game.

Man one thing Hunter Greene hasn't done much of in his short career is miss barrels when guys make contact. He's always an entertaining watch if you don't have money on the game.
If Hunter Greene can dial in his control, he’d be a top 10 pitcher

Reactions: KJ
Unfortunately turned this thing on in the 7th to see these uniform atrocities in place. Who designed this shit? The girl that did the Anthem last night?

Team unis. Easy fix. Everyone wants them.

Unfortunately turned this thing on in the 7th to see these uniform atrocities in place. Who designed this shit? The girl that did the Anthem last night?

Team unis. Easy fix. Everyone wants them.
We've reached the point where I think they intentionally make half-assed jerseys to create a cycle of "making them better next year" to influence buyers to invest year after year in "collectibles". NHL has the same problem, the new jerseys are routinely pre-teen-level artistry.

ARLINGTON — It sounds like Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred has heard the message.

It seems very possible real uniforms could return for the 2025 All-Star Game.

During a meeting with the Baseball Writers Association of America Tuesday, Manfred acknowledged sentiment for a return after four years of having players wear league-designed uniforms. On Tuesday, the AL wore tops and pants in which the primary color appeared to be sand-inspired with neon salmon sleeves and lettering. The NL wore black tops with lettering and numbers primarily in a shade of turquoise that made them resemble Miami Marlins alternate tops.

“There will be conversations,” Manfred told the writers. “I’m aware of the sentiment.”

Back