ALL ABOARD the lindetrain - Week 9

lindetrain

Pretty much a regular
Week 8: 5-5, +0.45 units
YTD: 48-45-1, +4.53 units

Really started things off well with UConn and Vandy +/ML, but ended up 5-5 for another very mediocre week. This shit is starting to get frustrating as I really wanted things to pick up in conference play.

Here are my numbers:

Boston College (+4) at Virginia Tech
Air Force (+5.5) at New Mexico
Boise State (-8.5) at Fresno State
West Virginia (-6.5) at Rutgers
Colorado (+11.5) at Texas Tech
Pittsburgh (+10.5) at Louisville
North Carolina (+8) at Wake Forest
Indiana (+11) at Wisconsin
Ball State (+14.5) at Illinois
Michigan State (+3.5) at Iowa
Northwestern (+15.5) at Purdue
Mississippi State (+16) at Kentucky
Akron (+0.5) at Buffalo
Central Michigan (+1) at Kent State
Iowa State (+24) at Missouri
Florida International (+33) at Arkansas
Miami OH (+15.5) at Vanderbilt
UNLV (+10.5) at Wyoming
USC (-2.5) at Oregon
SMU (+13) at Tulsa
Arizona (+6) at Washington
Memphis (-1.5) at Tulane
Louisiana Tech (-1.5) at Utah State
South Florida (-6) at UConn
Florida (-6) vs. Georgia
Nebraska (+16) at Texas
Minnesota (+27.5) at Michigan
Clemson (+1) at Maryland
UAB (+12) at East Carolina
Western Michigan (-5) at Eastern Michigan
Baylor (+23) at Kansas State
UL Monroe (+7) at Florida Atlantic
Idaho (+15.5) at Nevada
Virginia (-10.5) at NC State
Rice (+4.5) at Marshall
Utah (-5) at Colorado State
Ole Miss (+16.5) at Auburn
Ohio (+5) at Bowling Green
Stanford (+12.5) at Oregon State
UCLA (-9) at Washington State
Kansas (PK) at Texas A&M
Middle Tennessee (-10) at North Texas
Northern Illinois (+3.5) at Toledo
South Carolina (+4) at Tennessee
Ohio State (-3) at Penn State
Duke (+16.5) at Florida State
Houston (-2) at UTEP
BYU (-13) at San Diego State
California (+0.5) at Arizona State
New Mexico State (+23) at Hawaii
UCF (+3) at Southern Miss

This card sucks pags...

Ohio State -3 (-125) - 1.5 units

I really like this...it's only the second time all year I've bet more than a unit on a play.

I think this is going to be a large card for me - and I'm going to have more road chalk than usual.

Initial thoughts:

Someone better do a damn good job of convincing me not to play South Florida. I am not playing this because of the spot as much as the matchup - I got a chance to see UConn play last Friday and was less than impressed against a weak UL defense. I think Lorenzen is in big time trouble against a team like USF who can get some pressure on him; I can see him getting in serious trouble with that secondary. This just does not look pretty for UConn if you ask me, as I don't like their offense's chances and they aren't catching USF at a great time. USF won this game by 22 last year, leading 38-9 late.

I like UNLV because it just fits. Not much going on that one for me other than instinct. They moved the ball really well against CSU but just fucked themselves with TO's. Wyoming is really really struggling and them laying this much at this point in time makes for a very appealing fade.

Oregon had my interest initially, but I'm starting to come around on USC after seeing that the whole world didn't love them as a dog. That one will be on my radar all week.

Utah State is a team I wanna play after fading them unsuccessfully last week. This team has played decent over the past month or so, and this is a BRUTAL trip for La Tech.

I'm always interested in fading Tommy Bowden and Clemson on the road against a better coached team. Definitely a false sense of security in that locker room after putting up 70 last week.

I wanna play Washington State, as this week UCLA is scheduled to play bad. But no, seriously, Wazzu is always good for an upset or two at home every year, and I couldn't think of a better spot and a better team to face than the Bruins.

I'm playing West Virginia against Rutgers later in the week, unless something comes up. I think they are going to blast the Scarlet Knights.

Like Oregon, I liked Arizona State initially, but the more I think about it the more I like Tedford and Co. to ruin their unblemished record. Did you all know Torain was out?

Also have some interest in SMU, UAB, and FAU...

GL this week linde - like OSU, liking all of your thoughts as well - USF is my biggest play of the week. Big fan of Utah St. and Washington St. as well.

My biggest concern with Utah St. is that it is really strictly a great situational play, and that's it. Unfortunately, Utah St's run D is trash, and that is all that La. Tech can do. Lippincott absolutely ate Utah St. alive last week.

Looking forward to more of your thoughts/plays. :cheers:

Really started things off well with UConn and Vandy +/ML, but ended up 5-5 for another very mediocre week. This shit is starting to get frustrating as I really wanted things to pick up in conference play.

The first 2/3 of conference play is hard IMO. It has ben traditionally till last few years for me when I picked spots better. This season, its like the old days in conference season. The nice part is the last month of the season gets back to the September ways IMO and it will time to make a little push.

Like Oregon, I liked Arizona State initially, but the more I think about it the more I like Tedford and Co. to ruin their unblemished record. Did you all know Torain was out?

They are plenty deep.

Someone better do a damn good job of convincing me not to play South Florida. I am not playing this because of the spot as much as the matchup - I got a chance to see UConn play last Friday and was less than impressed against a weak UL defense. I think Lorenzen is in big time trouble against a team like USF who can get some pressure on him; I can see him getting in serious trouble with that secondary. This just does not look pretty for UConn if you ask me, as I don't like their offense's chances and they aren't catching USF at a great time. USF won this game by 22 last year, leading 38-9 late.

strong opinion for myself as well.

Sorry for not contributing much this week. It's been a busy one...

Here's what I've added:

UNLV +11.5 (-101)
SMU +14 (-104)
UAB +14.5 (+100)
Maryland +3.5 (-110)
Washington State +6 (+100)

If I add any of the bigger games I was talking about, it will be later in the week...not looking to rush into any of them.

looks alright so far...would you mind keeping me updated on all of the injuries to Kentucky's players?...appreciate it my brother...

looks alright so far...would you mind keeping me updated on all of the injuries to Kentucky's players?...appreciate it my brother...

Hey man, I know just as much as you do...haven't had much time to keep up with all that so far this week.

When do I get this UConn write-up?

this Bruin fan is scared to death of wazzu. Flat out, they own us. If not for a remarkable comeback in 05, I think Wazzu would be 6-0 straight up vs. UCLA since 01.

With Cowan at QB I don't see UCLA losing this, but a loss is the only thing that would make sense. Thats just how Dorrell rolls :down2:

Last edited:
Back