Alabama/Florida discussion...It's time!

Does anyone have a wish like I do that someone whether its in this game, or in the next game, that Florida just get blown out

I think we may see 11 much public love with Fla right now. I think that people look at JPW and wonder if he can keep his team in it.

Florida can force him to throw the ball. Alabama struggled mightily against LSU and if you look at Bama's schedule it wasn't too difficult.
Georgia signature win doesn't look that great right now

It will open 7.5 and get bet up for sure...I think if you like UF u gotta grab it quick tomorrow.

I don't think Tebow will have all day though, and Bama's secondary is one of the best in the country.

Should be an interesting week hopefully the BCS problems help us inch ever so slowly to some sort of playoff

I like the Gators. Most likely they will be 4th in the BCS standings tomorrow. If either Big 12 school wins their championship game, Fla must still jump the school that didn't play. I think that Meyer will post as many points as he can

Gators no matter what the line is. They easily could have been overconfident or flat today but were sharp and dominated a good, heated rival team on the road. Saban's got a good team but they aren't ready for this at all, nor have they faced anything resembling this Florida squad. UF will beat Bama by 14-17.

I like the Gators. Most likely they will be 4th in the BCS standings tomorrow. If either Big 12 school wins their championship game, Fla must still jump the school that didn't play. I think that Meyer will post as many points as he can

Bama is #1, If UF wins, they are in.

That is certainly the conventional wisdom, but I've seen some crazy things happen. They should be in, but I believe that Meyer leaves no doubt if at all possible.

I love Bammer here, I'm just afraid what happens if they get behind? they rely so much on the run game and if you force JPW to bring you back, it's just not gonna happen.

Both teams are disciplined and well coached, but I give the slight edge on the lines to Bama and believe they can and will run on Florida. I think Florida struggles with physical teams and Bama is the most physical team in the country.

I love Bammer here, I'm just afraid what happens if they get behind? they rely so much on the run game and if you force JPW to bring you back, it's just not gonna happen.

Both teams are disciplined and well coached, but I give the slight edge on the lines to Bama and believe they can and will run on Florida. I think Florida struggles with physical teams and Bama is the most physical team in the country.

If Bama gets behind by more than a TD, forget it.

Also, look at strength of schedule. Florida has played the #6 schedule in the country while Alabama has played the #78 schedule. The SEC is down this year, but the East is stronger than the West.

Florida will win by DD in this one.

Huntdog---

if Harvery is out Alabama has a better shot----

FLorida is just so good and their offense scores at a high percentage, I dont think there is a D that can stop these guys all game long- look at no team can even come close to thier offense--

However if ONE man in this world Can do it It is NICHOLAS SABAN-- He is a defensive mastermind and probably is MEYERS most prominent ENEMY--

MEYER= Mad scientists offensive genius
SABAN= Defensive run the balll play Defense coach--

Only chance to beat Florida is to dominate thier O line, if you dont do that, you dont win, its really that simple.
Florida will get 10 yards every single time on 3 cracks if defenders are not blowing up the play and pressuring TEBOW--

TEBOW looks unstoppable in college, but remember TEBOW is not going to play in the NFL, he is just excelling in Meyers system, Alex SMITH was madeby MEYER, MEYER made ALEX SMITH a millionaire even though he sucks shit--

MEYER can turn anyone into a NFL prospect and millionaire---

Huntdog the real issue is the Florida D is possibly the best ever, they are so fast, so strong, so good, they didnt give up a TD in 5 straight games?? And that is amazing considering they were building big leads also---

I would not take BAMA unless I get +24 or so--

Really +8 or +10 will disappear so fast when playing FLorida---

THe only chance BAMA has or any team is to just outmuscle the florida offense-
Do you really think BAMA can stop Florida about 6 times in the game?

We will see how good SABAN is--- Florida has guys that look like they are 30 years old and crazy athletes--
BAMA has some D but on offense they are no match for floridas crazy defenders.

SABAN teams do show up in big games for sure, but so does MEYERS..

This is a chess match between 2 of the best college minds, should be interested as so far MEYER has been coaching circles arond everyone, BOWDEN looked so shocked and said fuck I hate playing this Meyer guy-

Florida is undersized on offense, but this offense always seems to be way ahead of the defenses---

It looks to me that MEYER is one step ahead and designs plays that no college defense can stop-- They run, they suck the D in and then TEBOW hits that seem pass-
THen they run misdirection- then they run option, then they run end around, then they run tight end screens--
Meyer knows if the D is in a certain formation what to do and the Gators execute high percentage plays, everyting they do is alll from design--

Their blocking is hard to stop, the wide gaps and their running backs are all speedsters, that is it, 3 of the fastest guys in the nation surrounded by a massive QB in TEBOW along wtih good receivers.

i wuld think florida -9.5 or so ?

one concern here for florida would be that bama actually plays some defense which is something lsu , south carolina and georgia have made optional lately. They will have to work harder.

Huntdog---

if Harvery is out Alabama has a better shot----

FLorida is just so good and their offense scores at a high percentage, I dont think there is a D that can stop these guys all game long- look at no team can even come close to thier offense--

However if ONE man in this world Can do it It is NICHOLAS SABAN-- He is a defensive mastermind and probably is MEYERS most prominent ENEMY--

MEYER= Mad scientists offensive genius
SABAN= Defensive run the balll play Defense coach--

Only chance to beat Florida is to dominate thier O line, if you dont do that, you dont win, its really that simple.
Florida will get 10 yards every single time on 3 cracks if defenders are not blowing up the play and pressuring TEBOW--

TEBOW looks unstoppable in college, but remember TEBOW is not going to play in the NFL, he is just excelling in Meyers system, Alex SMITH was madeby MEYER, MEYER made ALEX SMITH a millionaire even though he sucks shit--

MEYER can turn anyone into a NFL prospect and millionaire---

Huntdog the real issue is the Florida D is possibly the best ever, they are so fast, so strong, so good, they didnt give up a TD in 5 straight games?? And that is amazing considering they were building big leads also---

I would not take BAMA unless I get +24 or so--

Really +8 or +10 will disappear so fast when playing FLorida---

THe only chance BAMA has or any team is to just outmuscle the florida offense-
Do you really think BAMA can stop Florida about 6 times in the game?

We will see how good SABAN is--- Florida has guys that look like they are 30 years old and crazy athletes--
BAMA has some D but on offense they are no match for floridas crazy defenders.

SABAN teams do show up in big games for sure, but so does MEYERS..

This is a chess match between 2 of the best college minds, should be interested as so far MEYER has been coaching circles arond everyone, BOWDEN looked so shocked and said fuck I hate playing this Meyer guy-

I agree bro FLA is a machine right now...you make excellent points my friend, but Alabama's Oline is excellent and will give JPW time, they methodically wear you down..Time of possession will be key imo..if Bama keeps UF off the field they might even win this game.

Special teams will be huge..Arenas and the kick returner for UF (name escapes me now number 28) are amazing.

Brandon James is returner for FLorida--

Key injury will be Percy Harverey if he is out Florida will be hurt no doubts--

Tehnically Alabama has a lot of good things in this matchup, I remember about 15 years ago when Jay BARKER was QB for BAMA and they were playing Florida, line was -6.5 and Bama covered that game- IT was a similar type of matchup---

BAMA is a real matchup because no other team has a coach who knows what he is doing like SABAN-- LSU, Georgia, they were all crap, actually the only great coach they played was Hosuton NUTT and they lost that game--

THe key is the Florida DB's. they are very very quick, they almost know where the ball is going and intercept a lot of passes.
But if JP gets time then Florida will not be able to jump the short routes for sure--

I willl say that certainly so far this year Florida has played some exceptionally shitty QB's-- Jarret Lee, PONDER, Vandy QB, Tenny QB-

This will be Floridas toughest matchup for sure and SABAN is a real coach so far MEYER has had a huge edge because he is at least 450% smarter than any coach he has faced other than NUTT--

BAMA needs to sack TEBOW and hit him and win the battle on the line, otherwise they will lose like everyone else--
BUt no HARVEREY and then if BAMA can do what an NFL D would do they will win.

WHAT WOULD AN NFL D DO?? THEY WOULD MAKE TEBOW LOOK LIKE THE SLOW RELEASED INACCURATE NON PRO QB THAT HE IS REALLY IS--
so IF SABAN CAN TURN BAMA INTO SOME NFL SYTLE FRONTS THIS WEEK THEY CAN DO WELL AND STOP FLORIDA-
BAMA needs an NFL effort to stop TEBOW- give multiple looks and shut down this average QB who is playing in a super SYSTEM of MEYER

In these sorts of games I usually go with the more physcial, "un-sexy" squad. The better defensive club. The underrated more sound fundamental club as opposed the video game offense.

That would be BAMA.

UF is not as good as they appear. FSU how good are they really??? BC went in their house and stomped on them. Not sure any team these two have played are all that great. Schedules vastly overrated.

@ LSU for Bama was the toughest test any of them had and that was becasue LSU matched up so well with Bama and tough spot-----Bama has gone through more adversity than UF. I like that.

Bama all I hear is oh their offense isn't nothing. Let me tell you it's underrated. Bama OL > UF OL. Greater than any OL in nation. Most physical team in nation.

Will be very intersting to see if UF defense look's so great against this Bama running game.

Will also be interesting to see how UF does against this BAMA defense

BAMA and USC BEST DEFENSES IN COUNTRY

IMO best DEFENSE usually wins these game----history says so.

---not sure here though who will win straight up but will probably take some Bama with the points. I think points will be valuable here. I don't envision either team running away with this.

Saban prepared during bye week for UF. Told Danielson. But UF had colgate or some shit team so Meyere I'm sure prepared too

This IS the national championship game

Two best teams in country without a doubt IMO.

Very true about Florida----

Florida kicked the shit out of everyone but who was really good on D??????

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD noWrap>30</TD><TD>Hawaii</TD><TD>W 56-10</TD><TD noWrap> Audio | Full game</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Sep 6</TD><TD>Miami (FL)</TD><TD>W 26-3</TD><TD noWrap> Audio</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Sep 20</TD><TD>at Tennessee</TD><TD>W 30-6</TD><TD noWrap> Audio</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Sep 27</TD><TD>Mississippi</TD><TD>L 30-31</TD><TD noWrap> Audio | Full game</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Oct 4</TD><TD>at Arkansas</TD><TD>W 38-7</TD><TD noWrap> Audio | Full game</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Oct 11</TD><TD>(4) LSU</TD><TD>W 51-21</TD><TD noWrap> Audio</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Oct 25</TD><TD>Kentucky</TD><TD>W 63-5</TD><TD noWrap> Audio | Full game</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Nov 1</TD><TD>at (8) Georgia</TD><TD>W 49-10</TD><TD noWrap> Audio</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Nov 8</TD><TD>at Vanderbilt</TD><TD>W 42-14</TD><TD noWrap> Audio</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Nov 15</TD><TD>(24) South Carolina</TD><TD>W 56-6</TD><TD noWrap> Audio</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Nov 22</TD><TD>Citadel</TD><TD>W 70-19</TD><TD noWrap> Audio</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Nov 29</TD><TD>at (23) Florida State</TD><TD>W 45-15</TD><TD noWrap> Audio</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Dec 6</TD><TD>(1) Alabama</TD><TD>4:00 pm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

In these sorts of games I usually go with the more physcial, "un-sexy" squad. The better defensive club. The underrated more sound fundamental club as opposed the video game offense.

That would be BAMA.

UF is not as good as they appear. FSU how good are they really??? BC went in their house and stomped on them. Not sure any team these two have played are all that great. Schedules vastly overrated.

@ LSU for Bama was the toughest test any of them had and that was becasue LSU matched up so well with Bama and tough spot-----Bama has gone through more adversity than UF. I like that.

Bama all I hear is oh their offense isn't nothing. Let me tell you it's underrated. Bama OL > UF OL. Greater than any OL in nation. Most physical team in nation.

Will be very intersting to see if UF defense look's so great against this Bama running game.

---not sure here though who will win straight up but will probably take some Bama with the points. I think points will be valuable here. I don't envision either team running away with this.

Saban prepared during bye week for UF. Told Danielson. But UF had colgate or some shit team so Meyere I'm sure prepared too

I agree with everything 100 percent.

Points will be a premium, I don't see Bammer getting blown out.

O state you brign some brilliance once again-- If you really look at what you said it is right--

FLorida played no one-- look at their scores and you can see that they are overated-

Played vs Miami only scored 26 points---

At Tennesse scored only 30 points--

Ole Miss at home scored 30 points--

After that they played teams with really bad DEFENSES or PATHETIC OFFENSES--

Beating LSU at home was no surprise- Their D is amongst one of the worst in the nation at this point- who couldnt score on LSU? TROY even scored on them, ARkansas scored on them at will last game in 2nd half-

GEORGIA was a fraud on D this year-- Look at what they did vs GTECH and all year-

Kentucky never has a GOOD D, so they put 63 and ran the score up-

Vanderbilt offense sucks shit and they are not even a good team--

SOUTH CAROLINA gave Florida 2 free quick turnover Td's and defense created at least 21 to 28 points in that game- South carolina and spurrier they suck anyway-

Florida state I thought would beat them, I thought they were great but in reality they are coached by a 73 year old idiot- FSU no longer has talent to compete with Florida, FSU is thin on depth, has shitty QB's no more good running backs, FSU is basically just like an average team now- LIke a maryland basically--

SO in reality Florida played some teams that really sucked and either had no D or an turnover prone offense--

The only team they played this year who was actually a GOOD BCS TEAM was OLE MISS and they lost----

Its really that simple, however the only problem is Florida's D is also amazing-

They are so good, and have stopped every shitty offense they have played--

It seems that no one runs on them, and they are off the field in 3 plays so many times--

Perhaps if BAMA gets some first downs then we will see florida start to get frustrated.

THe only good Defenses Florida played was MIAMI, TENNY and OLE MISS-

they scored 26, 30 and 30--- so we know BAMA is as good if not better-

FLORIDA will score IMO only 17-23 points in this game--

Hunt how about a FLORIDA team total under bet?

florida has one impressive win imo...ga. and the ga win isn't even as impressive if you look at ga's whole body of work, including the gatech game. everybody has said how bad the acc is this year, which really hasn't been as bad as everyone thought, but still they have two acc teams on their schedule, a hawaii team that was at their worst because of the losses they had from the previous year, miami-- a middle of the pack acc team who played them a lot tougher than the score shows, tenn who was awful all year, arky who was awful at the beginning of the year, lsu who gave up 50 points how many times and was clearly nowhere near preseason expectations, a completely depleted kentucky team, one of the most overrated teams in the country in vandy, scar who just got blown out by an acc team who fired their coach midseason, citadel, and another middle of the pack acc team. who cares if they kicked the shit out of these bad teams? i realize they have a higher sos than bama, but i just think bama is the better all around football team. a win is a win. just because they have some style points along the way, i don't get why they would be favored by so much here. i love bama at more than a td.

florida has one impressive win imo...ga. and the ga win isn't even as impressive if you look at ga's whole body of work, including the gatech game. everybody has said how bad the acc is this year, which really hasn't been as bad as everyone thought, but still they have two acc teams on their schedule, a hawaii team that was at their worst because of the losses they had from the previous year, miami-- a middle of the pack acc team who played them a lot tougher than the score shows, tenn who was awful all year, arky who was awful at the beginning of the year, lsu who gave up 50 points how many times and was clearly nowhere near preseason expectations, a completely depleted kentucky team, one of the most overrated teams in the country in vandy, scar who just got blown out by an acc team who fired their coach midseason, citadel, and another middle of the pack acc team. who cares if they kicked the shit out of these bad teams? i realize they have a higher sos than bama, but i just think bama is the better all around football team. a win is a win. just because they have some style points along the way, i don't get why they would be favored by so much here. i love bama at more than a td.

I think you are right they just ran up the scores and won every national televised prime time game also in a blowout---

However this Florida team does have a good defense, kind of like when they beat Ohio state and made Troy smith cry----
Florida is overrate on offense but you cannot say they are overrated on defense--
They have stopped every offense they have played pretty much, they are consistent as hell----

I think the team total bet is good if you get Florida into the 30's----

Could see it that high IMO--

Florida D is stellar but they also faced idiots like LES Miles, Bobby Bowden, and otehr unprepared coaches, SABAN will run plays that might actually work vs florida

That would be BAMA.

agree with you until the last statement. i don't think i have any clue who the top 2 teams are in the country, but you're absolutely right the only teams at the top who play any defense is bama and usc, so i'd probably pick the two of them. how can you pick who's offense you'd rather have out of fla, tex, oklahoma? i happen to think oklahoma is much more talented than florida, but there's no way in hell i could prove it. guess i'm just not willing to say at all that fla or bama are the two top teams because imo they haven't really proven a whole lot to me. i think oklahoma or texas could have won by those same margins vs the same teams...

i may be in the minority, but i'm disgusted at the lack of defense everywhere this year. makes the games almost unwatchable. 45-42, 61-41 is the norm and i think it's pathetic

I saw USC play live and they are very good---

however they were playingn asu--

but they have athletes that could match floridas

Sammy, i think the UNDER overall is a good bet...but I generally don't mess with totals, especially at a neutral field on aertifical surface.

I am taking the points my friend, I been riding Bama all year whether it be a side or in ML parlays and I'm not getting off here..

I feel the same way as O State does, he writes his thoughts out much better than me.

I think Bama controls the clock, and JPW manages the game effectively enough to stay close. Bama's Oline is MASSIVE and I rarely see JPW running for his life. They have two first rounders on that line and Smith could go 1.

The defense moves laterally better than any team I've seen this year..and Florida loves to do that..Bama should negate this and Bama's secondary is quick and smart.

We all know the reasons why Florida is great, they have several weapons and great special teams..their D is great as well and they cover vertically as well as any tema I have seen all year.

I jsut think a phyiscal team like Bama can at least hang with them.

Anyone remember Michigan/Florida bowl game or Ole Miss? both teams had good o-lines and good rb's with decent qb's and good dlines. Michigan was a little different though..they were healthy for that game and it was Carr's last game and they also changed their offense for that game..mayne not a fair comparison...but my point is that they were physical with them and Florida doesn't like that.

If Florida is under -10 i'm unloading on them...seriously, they are they best team in country w/o a doubt.

well yeah look at the smallish florida running backs--

FSU they should actually take that win away from Florida from a lack of general effort by FSU-- this used to be a BLOOD BATH, a RIVALRY where players would GO CRAZY and die to play in--

THe FSU effort today on D and rush was like oh fuck we are giong to lose and give up 50-- they had no rush, no effort, no skill, no passion, no late hits, nothing at all??

So in reality Florida jumped out ahead and teams just quit early on as most were not good teams and florida is a good team--

BAMA has resolve and SABAN who knows how to prepare for anything--

You know the state of college defenses and football is pathetic when I am listening to the washington state post game show and they lost by 14 points and keep replaying this 14 yard completion on 3rd down they completed on 3rd and 16 and they had to punt??? They think that a short 3rd down completion was the highlight of thier season. I've heard it all, they are champs for a 14 yard completion lol that resulted in a PUNT

Florida is also a front running team, if the opponent brings thier game they LOSE-----

WHen tehy win they blowout the opponent, when they are in a game, they wont konw how to win a close game--

I may just take BAMA moneyline-- as they should win this game--- if they dont they will likely not cover anway--

Some good points in here

I think we all agree the competition these teams have faced is overrated

OLE miss is UF's best opponent they have played

Agree Joe don't want to act like Trev Alberts it's really hard to tell the best teams but in my opnion winner of this game is the next national champion. Can agree best defenses USC and PSU. I do think Texas/OU's schedule is harder than UF/Bama. But that conf doens't play any defense.

yep HUNT Bama moves laterally very well which bodes extremely well in thier favor. UF hasn't seen a defense like this yet.

-----IMO this UF defense good, but exposable. Not in Bama's defense class. No way. Ole Miss moved it very well on UF. Look at last year's UF defense. Very young in the safety position with major Wright andall around losing all those great national title defensive players. UF Struggled on defnse last year. Are they improved this year? Without a doubt. But I know this. UF hasn't faced an offense outside of Ole Miss who was as good as Kentucky's offense last year, as Arkansas's offense, LSU or Michigan's offense last year

06 UF Defensively > 08 UF defensively not even close IMO but that 06 defense was one of the best defenses I've ever seen

Now Bama is not thought of as a high powered offense----but they are effective. They are a national championship type offense. Don't put your defense in bad position with TO's, run the ball, highly highly effeciency passing game, long ball threat. they have everything

BEST offense UF will have faced to date, maybe even better than Ole Miss. Likewise with Bama, but IMO Bama defense we know what we got---UF have those guys from last year improved that much? Dan McCarney DLine doing a heck of a job but UF has the worse defense no doubt. UF offense maybe more explosive but I take Bama offense more physical

---BAMA is very attractive here.

I mean how many times have we seen it? The most physical teams just bitch slap these secy high powered teams

BAMA looks like a national championship team to me. They have all the ingredients

Defense, running game, physicality, mental toughness

How many times have we seen this. Don't wann say UF doesn't have it just think BAMA does more. And it's the old adage, "the most physical team wins"

In a close game have to like Bama seem better at grinding.

BAMA also been involved in many loses

----thse seniors have been through the hard times

I think just about every national title team recently their seniors came from the bottom.

BAMA has that resolve from losing, that mental edge, that grind outclose victories

----Two of best coaches in college football. Both mentally tough

Should be a great game

You guys. Not much to talk about here. It is obvious that Florida is FAR superior to Bama. Saban will cry on the sidelines just like he did when he coached the Dolphins. He wont have an answer to Meyers. Too much speed and talent. Alabama is done. Finito, Finished, Terminado. Atleast they were #1 for a little while. :36_11_6:

To bring back that old phrase of my 60's elementary days.....

SPEED KILLS

Gators for me............all the way.

Press

line will be -7.5.

my brain tells me FLA, but my instincts tell me sith lord saban will have a little something to say about this one.

I'll say this.....if Saban was coaching against anybody other than Meyer, I'd say he's got the advantage, but IMO Meyer is the best coach in the country. So Bama's biggest strength, it's coaching could be negated.

Indoor turf field favors Gators speed. Special teams favor Gators who probably field the best ST in the country.

Big missing piece of the offense without Harvin though. Demps-Rainey are nice options in the running game but they def compliment Harvin.

Both are great coaches, motivators.

UF hasn't played a close game since Ole Miss

If Bama gets behind by more than a TD, forget it.

Also, look at strength of schedule. Florida has played the #6 schedule in the country while Alabama has played the #78 schedule. The SEC is down this year, but the East is stronger than the West.

Florida will win by DD in this one.

Sir, You are one of the most intelligent cappers on this board..........:shake:

Back