AL Wild Card Round Discussion Thread

Jays are live. The offense has been rolling in September. Bichette is back, vlad is on fire, and Teoscar has been the offensive mvp. Pitching, the pen is extremely solid, and Ryu is a legit ace with Walker pitching well as a no 2, and they have enough guys to piece together a no 3 starter. Don’t mind this matchup w tb at all.

Jays are live. The offense has been rolling in September. Bichette is back, vlad is on fire, and Teoscar has been the offensive mvp. Pitching, the pen is extremely solid, and Ryu is a legit ace with Walker pitching well as a no 2, and they have enough guys to piece together a no 3 starter. Don’t mind this matchup w tb at all.

you can’t trust walker. He capable of going toe to toe with glastnow but he also capable of the game being over in 1st inning!!

you can’t trust walker. He capable of going toe to toe with glastnow but he also capable of the game being over in 1st inning!!

he’s been extremely solid for the Jays. Had one bad start I believe and the start against the Yankees wasn’t his fault, there was a dropped fly ball and other fielding miscues that led to runs.

I trust him. It comes down to game 1. If Ryu can beat snell the jays will win 1 of the next two and advance. If he doesn’t it’ll be awfully tough.

it may have been against low expectations, but they gave TB trouble this season for sure

he’s been extremely solid for the Jays. Had one bad start I believe and the start against the Yankees wasn’t his fault, there was a dropped fly ball and other fielding miscues that led to runs.

I trust him. It comes down to game 1. If Ryu can beat snell the jays will win 1 of the next two and advance. If he doesn’t it’ll be awfully tough.

you know I always been a walker fan (even tho he drives me crazy making me look dumb half the time! Lol). Just not sure I trust him up against a team that accustomed to playoff baseball and gonna take tough at bats. The problem for jays is even if we call starting pitching a wash I think rays have the edge in the pens. Sucks they matched up against each other cause I like both these teams and it a 3 game series, who the hell knows? Outside brewers and cardinals I think anyone can win in this round! lol. I’m not even 100% convinced cards couldn’t win, who knows how pads will handle playoffs? They should win but cards pitching will make it competitive.

Digging the Yanks & White Sox game 1.

Whoever thought of a three game play in during a 60 game season isn’t very bright. Just what baseball needs more randomness.

Whoever thought of a three game play in during a 60 game season isn’t very bright. Just what baseball needs more randomness.

I hear ya, but its a random year. Let's make money and enjoy some drama. I haven't been able to focus this season with no fans but I'm about to get into it. Let's go!

lol. So random, outside brewers I wouldn’t be shocked at whomever won any these series. 1st 5 under in Cleveland I think but I lean tribe for game. Cole been giving up jacks, one or 2 solo shots all Biebs will need!!

Something else to consider...some of these pitchers have been pretty protected inning and pitch count wise. Snell is a prime example. Is he gonna be allowed to go 6-7 innings or longer or will they keep him at 4-5 innings? Do managers all the sudden bump up their workload or bc it’s been lighter all season they stick to that?

Something else to consider...some of these pitchers have been pretty protected inning and pitch count wise. Snell is a prime example. Is he gonna be allowed to go 6-7 innings or longer or will they keep him at 4-5 innings? Do managers all the sudden bump up their workload or bc it’s been lighter all season they stick to that?

Probably depends on guy and way outing going. I wouldn’t be wanting to push a guy longer than he been, snell has gotten up over 100 pitches a few times this month so long as he pitching well I’d suspect he goes long he can. He just needs to be more efficient with his pitches.

I’m rolling with twins today then under in the yanks/tribe game. Not sure on the others. I love me some rays but at that price jays only side I could play.

Exactly what I was looking for Bank. Twins looming to be 80/20 type bet spread. This Maeda info is good. Thanks.

they not awful, he had one really bad year during day In ‘17 that inflates them. He was filthy at night this season and just meh during the day. His nighttime ops allowed was around .700 but day was insane like sub .400. Coulda just been matchups tho I’m not sure.

Meada has plenty playoff experience but all been out the pen. Don’t think he has ever started a playoff game. Wanna say his playoff numbers been really good but again it been short doses out of pen.

Nothing fucks up a over like scoring nothing with bases juiced 1 out. Rosario hit a freaking laser 104 mph right at 1st baseman then Sano goes full count before hitting a dribbler and barely getting thrown out. Bright side Greinke threw 30 pitches and looked scared to death to throw twins strikes.

Back