After 4 weeks of college football, what have we learned?

• Thread starter Thread starter in&out
  • Start date Start date
north texas is going to win a bowl game and has a defensive player who be in the NFL

VT sucks, not a fluke. they suck

Oregon bad coach

Tennessee is god awful

Rutgers should close up shop, historically bad.

TCU is just not good

Texas coach is doing an A+ job

Missouri is a very talented team. Score was misleading

BC sucks

UCONN has no depth on defense, Cuse could have won by 60 if they wanted too.

ILLINI has no depth on defense, two straight games they get killed in 2nd half.

UK is for real people

OKLAHOMA overrated

B.A.R were there always these many weather delays man? i don't remember these many 10-20 years ago. maybe im wrong.

B.A.R were there always these many weather delays man? i don't remember these many 10-20 years ago. maybe im wrong.
Nope, not even close.

It is 2018... everyone is ultra careful about everything in life.

OKLAHOMA overrated

I think more like Army under-rated. with their "slow play" ball control offense they will maybe WIN their remaining games vs weak opponents. only questions are @ U Buffalo next week vs Air Force and vs Navy :shake:

SMU O has life with QB William Brown, but then they didn't trust him in OT (Ben Hicks delivered the OT win).

Urban Meyer heard the complaints about not covering vs TCU and wanted to make sure he cashed those tOSU tickets today.

Did you see Patterson give up today? Down 15, 4th and 4 about their own 40, around 3 minutes to go and he calls TO and then punts. I had over 47.5 and it was sitting on 47. Could not believe it. Worse give up I think I've ever seen. Still a 2 score game with 3 TO (if he didn't take one there). Score quick and either kick deep/play def or onside. Lost a lot of respect for him today. Still flabbergasted any coach would do that. And its not even about losing the bet.

Wow above.

I am super bullish on TeXas A&M. I love their QB. just played Clemson and Bama back to back. This team is on the brink of top 10.

Miami finally put their amazing frosh qb in late 1dt qtr. He is important difference maker. They went mellow 2nd half. This guy elevates Miami big time.

The young QB's taking over in top programs I think is unprecedented - Bama, Clemson and ND now. Replacing incumbents with 90% winning. And while it's NFL I think it's funny they said Hugh would announce the starter for Cleveland the next game - can you imagine the revolt with the fans and locker room if they had gone back to Taylor. might be 3 0 if Mayfield had started. And look at Allen and Buffalo today. QB's are just ready at a younger age today.

Diddo Johnny - really like A&M. Never been a fan of Fisher but maybe I was wrong. Looks like they're going to be a monster soon, up there with Bama, Clemson and OSU. That home crowd is amazing. And who the hell is betting Arky vs. them this week - line from 20 down to 17 at one point.

- It becomes more apparent to me each week that Lamar Jackson was the best college player of the last 8 years
- You cannot expect consistency from these teams week to week.
- coaches quit almost as much as players do. See tcu, akron etc
- big favorites due to great offense are superior to big favorites due to great defense in modern cfb, opposite used to be rrue
- no game is safe anymore. Even front door covers are more likely now
-fg kicking is best it has ever been in the sport
-tackling is the worst it has ever been in the sport
- liberty L fiu L Charlotte L VT W, dont let anyonev tell you this is easy

Um that bama is really really good and Nebraska is really really bad

Want to see how Brian Kelly ruins this kid Book’s career like he did Zaire, now Winbush, and countless others

north texas is going to win a bowl game and has a defensive player who be in the NFL

VT sucks, not a fluke. they suck

Oregon bad coach

Tennessee is god awful

Rutgers should close up shop, historically bad.

TCU is just not good

Texas coach is doing an A+ job

Missouri is a very talented team. Score was misleading

BC sucks

UCONN has no depth on defense, Cuse could have won by 60 if they wanted too.

ILLINI has no depth on defense, two straight games they get killed in 2nd half.

UK is for real people

OKLAHOMA overrated

Perhaps this is the Sooner in me but really?

Was Herman doing an A+ job in game one vs Maryland when the pitches and torches came out against him?

Sooners overrated? they played one very average game against an option team who won 10 games last year.

understand that college football has ebbs and flows and a great team one week can look piss poor the next, but as long as they win, they are in contention.

go look at the last 20 national champions and *most* years you will find they struggled in a game or two.

Cheers.

Did you see Patterson give up today? Down 15, 4th and 4 about their own 40, around 3 minutes to go and he calls TO and then punts. I had over 47.5 and it was sitting on 47. Could not believe it. Worse give up I think I've ever seen. Still a 2 score game with 3 TO (if he didn't take one there). Score quick and either kick deep/play def or onside. Lost a lot of respect for him today. Still flabbergasted any coach would do that. And its not even about losing the bet.

Yeah, that was really, really weird.

Re: Herman doing an "A+" job. Certainly pleased that the team is playing much better. . But you don't get that kind of grade when you lay an egg in the season opener, somehow finding a way to lose to Maryland. And almost do the same next weekend against a crap Tulsa team.

Yeah, that was really, really weird.

Re: Herman doing an "A+" job. Certainly pleased that the team is playing much better. . But you don't get that kind of grade when you lay an egg in the season opener, somehow finding a way to lose to Maryland. And almost do the same next weekend against a crap Tulsa team.

right. i said the same thing. Yes i am a Sooner backer but have always had great respect for Texas and was actually happy when they hired the great-coach-to-be Herman. Yes, i was happy. I LIKE WHEN THE RIVALRY IS STRONG !!!

but you don't get to lose to Maryland right after their coach is fired and team in disarray, then barely beat Tulsa at home, only to turn it around vs USC and TCU at home.

as the season plays out we will see that USC and TCU are not strong teams.

that said, Texas is on the way to being stronger and it is GREAT for the Big 12, my fave conference

East Carolina is fielding competitive football teams again....or USF just sucks.

Love them this weekend vs ODU. Those guys just had the biggest upset they will ever see in their lives, think ECU rolls them.

Love them this weekend vs ODU. Those guys just had the biggest upset they will ever see in their lives, think ECU rolls them.

And I still won't stop smiling.....

In all reality, Im very interested in following this week to see what the mentality is. If this team was 4-0 with a win over VT, they'd have zero shot vs. ECU. But, this is a solid team that, somehow started 0-3 and are still trying to get above water. Its a veteran team and they have to win 5 out of 8 with this one being one of the more winnable ones.

Having said that, this win means more than anything they've done in 10 years. I expect them to come out flat.

I might be wrong but watching oklahoma I'm not impressed. watched them vs ucla too.

OK ran only 40 plays/355 yds and were out TOP 45-15, outgained 379/355 and out FD 26-19. Army No. 1 in limiting opponent plays at 51/gm yet only rank 116 in Def S&P.

oh yes, no disputing but it was clearly a scenario where OU overlooked them.

Week 1: they got to host loud mouth lame kiffin. he gets Everyone's attention. blowout
Week 2: they hosted "brand name" ucla. not the typical decent bruin squad but had OU's attention
Week 3: chance to avenge the home loss to cyclones last year. sooners were focused.

they averaged 50 pts per game in those 3, in regulation time.

then they only score 21 vs army in regulation?

There are problems on the OU team, but this was clearly a situation where they overlooked a decent team, a triple option squad, that is very disciplined.

it should not have happened, but it did.

as long as kyler murray is healthy, this team can make some noise..........

And I still won't stop smiling.....

In all reality, Im very interested in following this week to see what the mentality is. If this team was 4-0 with a win over VT, they'd have zero shot vs. ECU. But, this is a solid team that, somehow started 0-3 and are still trying to get above water. Its a veteran team and they have to win 5 out of 8 with this one being one of the more winnable ones.

Having said that, this win means more than anything they've done in 10 years. I expect them to come out flat.

Were you at the game? I'm very happy for you.

OK ran only 40 plays/355 yds and were out TOP 45-15, outgained 379/355 and out FD 26-19. Army No. 1 in limiting opponent plays at 51/gm yet only rank 116 in Def S&P.

just proved my point about the Army "Panzer Kampf" ground game keeping opponents offense off the field and controlling the pace of the game. Cadets are up to +9 @ U Buffalo this week :)

Yes. And the first time Ive ever rushed the field. As a 40 year old man, that was fun!

And thanks! Best sporting event I will ever attend.
That had to be a blast, especially with the circumstances of the back up coming in and having an all world performance.

That had to be a blast, especially with the circumstances of the back up coming in and having an all world performance.

Yeah, amazing Tim. And glad it came vs VT. They had a bunch of recruits and we had dozens.

At half we are like hmmmmmmmm. Then ODU just kept responding to everything VT did and theor corners could not cover our wideouts at all.

Nerve racking......but all worth it.

Oklahoma is better than tcu but if you are baccking isu the value doesnt appear there. Line suggests tcu - 7 neutral and ou line suggested ou -21 neutral (roughly on both) which suggests ou -14 neutral to tcu. Ya no way.

Agree with Majent that TCU is overrated but it isnt apparent in this weeks line.

The USC freshman QB finally showed what all the hype was about in the second half against WSU.

The Oklahoma defense is about what it was last year and the OU offense is not the same without Anderson.

McKenzie Milton is a GREAT QB. His accuracy reminds me of Mayfield.

The A Force QB they used in the second half makes them a different team. If his game against Utah State is representative then he is the best I have seen at A Force.

The USC freshman QB finally showed what all the hype was about in the second half against WSU.

The Oklahoma defense is about what it was last year and the OU offense is not the same without Anderson.

McKenzie Milton is a GREAT QB. His accuracy reminds me of Mayfield.

The A Force QB they used in the second half makes them a different team. If his game against Utah State is representative then he is the best I have seen at A Force.

Good points on first 3.

The AF QB, Sanders? He started the Utah State game and QB'd the entire game vs vs Utah State last year (AF did beat them on a very gutty grinding effort by Sanders). Last week they tried changing it up in the second half and put Worthman in but he continues to struggle after flashing on the scene 2 years ago. Then they went back to Sanders. AF O is really lacking and I'm not sure they are better this year than last. They may be able to win a couple more games this year, but that team is fading overall I think. We will learn alot more this week I feel.

I guess I tuned in when Sanders came back in and he brought them back from about four scores down to getting a tie ATS. And looked good doing it. Better than the Michigan State QB looked against that D.

Back