AFC Divisional Round : Tennessee @ New England

If Tennessee get smoked here they can finally shitcan Mularkey which would benefit them in the long term. They should hope for that and it's not unreasonable to think it will happen.

Even tho Bill and Brady are GOAT and have terrific ATS, i always thought of bill as a win is a win type of guy, the covering has been a matter of being great, not covering as DD faves, he dont care

If Tennessee get smoked here they can finally shitcan Mularkey which would benefit them in the long term. They should hope for that and it's not unreasonable to think it will happen.
Saw a report last night they are now not making a run at McDaniels since they won last week... Moving forward with Murk.

Well the statement was that he'd be coach going forward. Maybe one more week?

This New England team hasn't been great at blowing teams out. However, Mariota has this TD-INT ratio that is terrible and a pick 6 or 2 could cause the game to get out of hand.

This game will be decided in the first quarter imo. If, and it’s a big of, the titans can have a lead or be close after 1 it’ll be tight throughout. If they fall behind early like they did last week it’ll get ugly. They won’t mount that kind of comeback against Brady and company. Expect tenn to muck the game up. Run clock, grind out yards w Henry and Mariota running the ball, lots of short passes with the occasional deep shot. Their best chance is to own time if possession, wear on that NE defensive front, and hope to limit the times Brady and the offense hit the field. If they can’t run the ball, big trouble for tenn bc our d does not match up well w the pats offense, but hopefully they can look like they did in the 2h at kc where they used their big OL, let Henry eat, and Mariota made enough plays #titanup

The only shot the Titans have is to score first & run Henry close to 30 times against the Pats below par run defense. If Henry can do what he did in the 2nd half of the Chiefs game, they can at least cover & have a small shot at winning. Having said that, the Pats win this game at least 9 times out of 10.

The only shot the Titans have is to score first & run Henry close to 30 times against the Pats below par run defense. If Henry can do what he did in the 2nd half of the Chiefs game, they can at least cover & have a small shot at winning. Having said that, the Pats win this game at least 9 times out of 10.

If the OL can wear on the defensive front of NE and open up holes and let Henry go to work there’s a chance. Murray also hasn’t been ruled out just yet, holding out hope he can at least suit up and get a few carries to give Henry a breather when needed. I also expect this is the game we are gonna see more read option getting Mariota on the edge. His legs are the healthiest they have been all year and it’ll at least give the pats something else to have to pay attention to. I do agree scoring first is really important just from a mental standpoint. So ma has teams just just blasted right out the gate against NE that they are forced to get away from their gameplan too early in the game. Punch them in the face first, bloody them up a bit, let them know they are in a dog fight and see how they respond.

Seems like the past couple years when Pats have been big faves they go into HT with a minimal lead (or trailing) then open it up in the second but stay right around that point spread. Too lazy to look but I believe last year against Houston then Pitt in playoffs they just barely covered those big lines. I see like 13-7 going into half then a final score of around 31-16. I expect a rather vanilla game plan by NE as many of their games have been this year with side & total landing very close to the numbers. I think this is a game that could be teased any which way & hit but to be safe I would want Tenn teased to above 21.

Well, as you will see in my thread....

Weather in Foxboro looks to be great Saturday night for football.

I think this line is inflated... Would be considering the Titans at 7.5. This is Henry's breakout postseason- the Pats struggled vs the run all season- between having to contain Mariota and slow Henry, I think Tenn can keep the ball away from Brady enough to make a game of it. No way they can pull it off if they start as slow as they did last week, but I think Tenn + pts gets the loot.

I was thinking the same but tenny D is susceptible to the deep ball. Cooks props may be worth a look. I prefer Tenny 1H.

Gronk will likely go off but TD Tom isn't the best to exploit anything deep. I'm on Tenn but obv the potential is there to get out of hand...Tits need to shorten the game and gonna assume NE stacks the box knowing that. Could come down to Mariota's legs. A) are they healthy and B) do they travel to cold weather.

if I were tenn i would run that brute of a back they have at the pats all day....he will eventually wear down the pats def front that way, not a strength for the pats for sure....not sure how tenn stops gronk cooks amendola and hogan (reported healthy) though..... it probably doesn't matter as the pats will most likely outscore them regardless of how much luck they have running the ball....maybe if tenn has luck rushing tom up the middle where he can't step into the pocket they might slow him some but o line is healthy for pats so i really can't see anything except a pretty good ass kicking here as tenn will turn the ball over and the pats won't.....in addition to the afore mentioned studs you have lewis and white coming out of the backfield....i can't see the pats running the ball against this tenn run d so i expect lots of slants, cut routes over the middle mixed in with an occasional burner to cooks....can't see tenn defending that well.....i can see the pats putting up 41 and i can't see tenn putting up 24....if i were to guess i'd say 38-13

if I were tenn i would run that brute of a back they have at the pats all day....he will eventually wear down the pats def front that way, not a strength for the pats for sure....not sure how tenn stops gronk cooks amendola and hogan (reported healthy) though..... it probably doesn't matter as the pats will most likely outscore them regardless of how much luck they have running the ball....maybe if tenn has luck rushing tom up the middle where he can't step into the pocket they might slow him some but o line is healthy for pats so i really can't see anything except a pretty good ass kicking here as tenn will turn the ball over and the pats won't.....in addition to the afore mentioned studs you have lewis and white coming out of the backfield....i can't see the pats running the ball against this tenn run d so i expect lots of slants, cut routes over the middle mixed in with an occasional burner to cooks....can't see tenn defending that well.....i can see the pats putting up 41 and i can't see tenn putting up 24....if i were to guess i'd say 38-13

i agree Pats can get to 38 points and should win by 15+ points.

i really don't see Tenny as a viable playoff Opponent.

this tennesee defence is terrible. Brady will pick them apart.

they should seriously consider a revised playoff format to remove teams like tennesee who aren't playoff level.

Found an interesting article on the 20 (21) highest spreads in NFL playoff history (I included the Pats -15.5 against Houston LY since this article was prior to that game). Favs (all 13 pts or more) were 19-2 SU with the two losers being the St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl 36 (20-17 vs Pats) & Colts losing to Namath & the Jets in SB 3 (16-7). The favs were 12-8-1 ATS & 16 of the 21 teams won by double digits. Brady's Patriots are 2-2 ATS in this situation.

As a Titans homer this game is pretty simple. The Titans need to do two things to stay in this game and possibly have a chance to win. They must run the ball. I know this is a no brainer, but it’ll slow the pace of the game down and limit the amount of possessions their own defense has to stop Brady while wearing down the Pats d. Now I’ll be honest, the titan d is outgunned here, our run d is solid, but outside of Byard the pass d is a problem. Not good when going up against Brady and all those weapons. Is NE gonna score, yes, but the second thing that has to happen is to get consistent pressure on Brady, get in his face, knock him down, make him move his feet. The strength of the Titan pass rush is on the outside but I’m sure Lebeau will have a plan to get some pressures up the middle which TD Tommy doesn’t necessarily like. Of course he will still make plays, but if we can do this maybe it forces a critical mistake/turnover or a missed throw in a key spot etc.

I was hoping it would rain to slow the conditions, but it’s just gonna be cold.

Went back through the Brady years. 3 or 4 chunk plays, a good pass D and a couple of timely turnovers has been the formula to beat New England at Gillette. I don’t see that as the Titans MO.

I would like to know BB record vs Tricky Dicky LaBeau D. How Brady has faired against him.
Also compare personnel from those teams.
Gronk and White scored 2 TDs each the last time these 2 teams played. Mariota's Rookie year but he was hurt.
I do not think they have the personnel to match up w/ Gronk or either of the 3 RBs out of the backfield.
I admit Bryard can hang with Gronk, but Gronk will get his but he won't win every battle.
If LaBeau sends pressure, you either keep a back in to help block (if needed) or flare them out or like the post above said, slants, outs, or quick hits.
Now if you do this, YOU HAVE TO TACKLE, do not allow yacs. Wrap up and make them go down the field slowly. The more plays you make them have, the more opportunities you create for a turnover (if the balls are not deflated, poke the bear)

On Tennessee side of the ball, it comes down to the OL. Run the ball, TOP, get in 3rd and short and convert. Give Marcus time to throw, (you rarely see a deep ball thrown or anything over 25yds) he is a precise spinner of the ball. It's his decision making that will be key.

Now, help me out on this..... we always hear that BB likes to take away something from the other team. What is that to Tennessee. My opinion is that he would like it to be Henry but I think he may not be able to. It's has to be Walker.
If it were me, I would eliminate Walker from this chess board. He to me is like the queen on the board for the Titans. He is the most reliable and favorite target of Mariota.
Eliminate Walker from the board and they win.
This will take away the ability to convert 3rd and mid-long downs. Now if you do this..... This is where the wildcard (King on the board) comes in play. Mariota and his legs.

Last edited:
The feuding Pats are gonna destroy the Titans.

They're gonna do to Mariota what they did to Brock last season in this very same round.

Contrarian guys ate last week, not this week.

Well, as you will see in my thread....

Weather in Foxboro looks to be great Saturday night for football.

Will be cold and wind is to pick up. Chills in the teens, but wind outside stadium doesn't always equate to wind in the stadium. Will try to update from the stadium prior to kickoff..

Will be cold and wind is to pick up. Chills in the teens, but wind outside stadium doesn't always equate to wind in the stadium. Will try to update from the stadium prior to kickoff..

Who you on Cash, Titans ?

Hard to bet against want the NFL Brass want.
They want Pats & Steelers AFC Champ gm. No 2 ways about it. It's what EVERYONE wants to see. That game will have so mny eyes on it. Good for ratings good for the NFL.

NE/PITT ML should be easy $$$ or teased
Right? Can't be that easy..... right?

Back