Adrian Peterson son attacked

• Thread starter Thread starter Mokey
  • Start date Start date
It only came to light that Peterson had another child when he was absent from Vikings' training and spotted in Sioux Falls, South Dakota on October 10. Minneapolis City Pages reports that the toddler's mother did not who the boy's father was "until just recently." The paper reports that she underwent a paternity test and proved that the Adrian Peterson was the infant's father.

The Minneapolis City Pages reports that the child was a "secret." A source told the paper that the mother of the boy had a casual relationship with Peterson when she lived in Minneapolis. The relationship ended when the woman moved to South Dakota.

Read more at: http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/10/joseph-joey-patterson-adrian-peterson-son-attack/

This Girl got knocked up and it was either AP's kid or this other guys. When the baby was born she thought it was the other guys. As time went on she went after some $$ from the other guy. In order to get $$ the court ordered the other guy to take test, guess what? Not his baby....that leaves AP. I'm sure it takes time to get AP to take test...He does and finds out like a month ago.

“I really appreciate all the support that I’ve been receiving from fans, the Vikings organization. This is a private matter and I would ask you all to please just respect my privacy and not ask at all about the situation at hand.[...]“I plan on playing Sunday. I will be playing Sunday, correct that. I’ll be ready to roll, focused. I’m worried about getting a W on Sunday, being 1-0… You know, football is something I will always fall back on. It gets me through tough times. Just being around the guys in here, that’s what I need in my life, guys supporting me and just being able to go out and play this game I love. Things that I go through, I’ve said a thousand times, it helps me play this game to a different level. I’m able to kind of release a lot of my stress through this sport, so that’s what I plan on doing.”

I believe he only learned about him a month ago.

Sounds like there was really no real connection between AP and his son, other than the financial connection. He was just another in the long line of pro athlete fathers... He just planted the seed, nothing more.

that fucking POS needs to go see his dead son and not worry about playing Sunday....MF needs his ass Beat....I don't give an Aerial Fornication if he found out about him 2 years ago or 2 fucking minutes ago, the MF needs to do the right thing

that fucking POS needs to go see his dead son and not worry about playing Sunday....MF needs his ass Beat....I don't give an Aerial Fornication if he found out about him 2 years ago or 2 fucking minutes ago, the MF needs to do the right thing

:shake:

WTF ???

As long as he isn't missing the funeral to play today I don't see how you could possibly say this. AP has a commitment to his teammates that he has decided to honor under difficult times; whether he plays or not that child isn't magically coming back.

Whats he gonna do? Sit there do what? He isn't missing the funeral.

WTF ???

As long as he isn't missing the funeral to play today I don't see how you could possibly say this. AP has a commitment to his teammates that he has decided to honor under difficult times; whether he plays or not that child isn't magically coming back.
It's called respect. Something this generation knows nothing about.

It's called respect. Something this generation knows nothing about.

Respect for who though? The kid he just found out about a week ago? He also isn't missing the funeral, so I don't see how it's disrespectful for him to play today.

Respect should work both ways too, where's the respect for AP's decision? It's not anyone's decision to make but his, but it seems everyone wants to tell him what he *should* do.

Brett Favre played hours after his father died, was he too being completely disrespectful? What about Andy Reid after his son died?

Respect for who though? The kid he just found out about a week ago? He also isn't missing the funeral, so I don't see how it's disrespectful for him to play today.

Respect should work both ways too, where's the respect for AP's decision? It's not anyone's decision to make but his, but it seems everyone wants to tell him what he *should* do.

Brett Favre played hours after his father died, was he too being completely disrespectful? What about Andy Reid after his son died?

Moral equivalency alert

Beast mode LOL

"Aerial fornication". .. noted and added to my repertoire.

You truly can't do a worse thing than abuse the innocent and defenseless. Just don't have words strong enough for what I hope happens to the "man" that did this. Thoughts go out to anyone who got devastated by the acts of that coward.

I actually see both sides of the coin on AP decision to play. That is to say, different people cope with things in different ways and some cope by being busy and not having to think about it. With that said, his comments seem VERY cold to me and his pain or empathy seem very low ..... but I can't pretend to know what he is thinking either.

Vk, I agree with everything you've said. The one thing I'll add is how quickly AP decided he was going to play. He didn't even wait and say, I'll decide later whether I'm going to play.

absolutely sick....people that abuse little kids are the worst of the worst....makes me sick to my stomach...i can't read a lot of news nowadays because of this kind of stuff.....very strange that ap was so sure that he was going to play today...if that happened to my daughter, i would be a mess forever

I finally saw the interview and I don't know, I'm kind of torn with him. I did not like how he said he's ready to roll, i'm worried about getting a W sunday. It's a poor choice of words. People ask how can he play? Well I guess he really didn't know the kid. How can somebody be emotionally attached to somebody who they didn't know? Just a fucked up situation and I hope that POS who did that to the kid suffers big time. Here's the interview if anybody didn't see it.

[video=youtube;gbkAGodJdQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbkAGodJdQc[/video]

And I'll say he genuinely seems like a nice guy. At the moment, he didn't really know the kid so that's probably why you see no crying or distraught. I still think he should not play but I've never been through this situation so who says I'm right.

Good points. I agree that it was a bad choice of words but people react differently when put in a horrible situation like that and they revert to something that makes them comfortable. In this case it's probably playing football in AP's case.

I look at my two year old and think about how fucking mad he can make me and this shit makes no sense at all. He may be just a baby but the kid can push my buttons. I guess my point is this. I've been about as mad as I can get at the boy but I've never even gotten to the point where I'd lay a finger on him. There is seriously something wrong with people who hurt a kid out of anger. This mother fucker beat a two year old to death. Makes no damn sense. RIP little one.
Great post

My 2 year old can drive me nuts....pushes my buttons and he knows it. All day I just couldnt stop thinking, Jesus that could be my kid

How someone could do this is just in human

I dont know AP at all

From the interview, it looks like he is glad he doesnt have 18 years of payments to make

very very sad

Brett Favre played right after his dad died, Torrey Smith played right after his brother died. How a person grieves ain't got jack to do with how you feel they should

^ yep.

Those who haven't played competitively will never get it...but an organized sport is a huge release/coping mechanism with virtually anything. Teammates, competing, the family-like environment of the team is what a lot of guys prefer when something catastrophic happens..

^ yep.

Those who haven't played competitively will never get it...but an organized sport is a huge release/coping mechanism with virtually anything. Teammates, competing, the family-like environment of the team is what a lot of guys prefer when something catastrophic happens..

Regardless of release/coping mechanisms...this is simple...just ask yourself -

Would you go to work 2 days after your son was murdered???

Ask yourself if you would go to work 2 days after some kid gets murdered that you just found out about a week ago, and maybe still weren't sold the kid was yours? The kid was a "secret" according to the baby mama. I don't get all these people so upset with AP.

Again, what about Andy Reid? Brett Favre and his father?

His job isn't an every day civilians job. You can't make that comparison. He probably loves the game and his job, which 90% of Americans likely can not say...

So if you like your job, it's ok to rush back to work. But, if not...take whatever time off you need? Come on.

I'm not saying AP should or shouldn't have played. I'm simply saying that if I try to put myself in the same position, regardless of how many hours I work, how much I love my job or how much money I make, I wouldn't be at work 48 hours later.

A lot more to this story obviously, that was my thought process, however.

So if you like your job, it's ok to rush back to work. But, if not...take whatever time off you need? Come on.

I'm not saying AP should or shouldn't have played. I'm simply saying that if I try to put myself in the same position, regardless of how many hours I work, how much I love my job or how much money I make, I wouldn't be at work 48 hours later.

A lot more to this story obviously, that was my thought process, however.

Wait a minute...you're putting words in my mouth.

I never said that it was wrong for him to take time off, or not too. Obviously when a life is lost, it's up to each person to cope with it now they want.

Point I'm trying to make it that AP obviously WANTED to be at work, and again a choice he's obviously old and responsible enough to make...and likely because it will help to be there and makes him comfortable.

Splitting hairs with this discussion though, not really sure why. In any sense RIP to his son or whatever the child was to him.

I don't know my take on this. Sounds like he's a deadbeat Dad. (unless he didn't know about kid) Im guessing he did know and she got paid to support the kid, which is often the case with these athletes. Whether or not he played is less of a concern as to why he has a kid out there that he's never met before.

didn't peterson leave the kid while he was still alive to go to practice? i watched some of that vikings game. didn't look like frazier put anything new into the gameplan this week. seems like missing practice isn't too much nof a sacrifice to be with your kid for an extra day while he's fighting for his life. i agree with twinkie. didn't know the kid, no more child support payments though, who do we play next week?

Again, what about Andy Reid? Brett Favre and his father?
They weren't 2 years old or murdered. All tragic but damn, just a little guy and he didn't even go see his own flesh and blood while the little one was clinging to life? Its just bizarre to me as a human being how these feelings are just turned off. Regardless, I wonder if 5 or 10 years down the road he'll even acknowledge that he once had a son.

didn't peterson leave the kid while he was still alive to go to practice? i watched some of that vikings game. didn't look like frazier put anything new into the gameplan this week. seems like missing practice isn't too much nof a sacrifice to be with your kid for an extra day while he's fighting for his life. i agree with twinkie. didn't know the kid, no more child support payments though, who do we play next week?
:shake:

The reports are he found out about the kid like a month ago. He decided to go see him while on death bed. I'm not even criticizing him for playing in the game. I'm criticizing him for his comments and how he handled it. Guy is a deadbeat asshole in my eyes

I don't know my take on this. Sounds like he's a deadbeat Dad. (unless he didn't know about kid) Im guessing he did know and she got paid to support the kid, which is often the case with these athletes. Whether or not he played is less of a concern as to why he has a kid out there that he's never met before.

This. Perfect

As someone that had his dad in jail for some of his childhood he should have flat out handled this better

They weren't 2 years old or murdered. All tragic but damn, just a little guy and he didn't even go see his own flesh and blood while the little one was clinging to life? Its just bizarre to me as a human being how these feelings are just turned off. Regardless, I wonder if 5 or 10 years down the road he'll even acknowledge that he once had a son.

What about Bob Lilly, Demarcus Ware, or Joe Jurevicius ??? They all played after infant deaths or in Jurevicius' case as his son was clinging to the little life he had in this world. AP is hardly alone in having played after a child's death.

What about Bob Lilly, Demarcus Ware, or Joe Jurevicius ??? They all played after infant deaths or in Jurevicius' case as his son was clinging to the little life he had in this world. AP is hardly alone in having played after a child's death.
But you're missing my point. All of those fathers knew their kids. Spent hours and hours beside them. AP seems like he doesn't even aknowledge having a son.

But you're missing my point. All of those fathers knew their kids. Spent hours and hours beside them. AP seems like he doesn't even aknowledge having a son.

because up until recently he didn't know this kid was his. What's he supposed to do, form a lifetime bond in a couple visits? He never said the kid wasn't his. It just floors me that most in here seem to think they are supposed to form this tight bond in a short amount of time. For one, they live 4 hours away from here. The mother has custody. It's not easy to just pick up on a whim and move somewhere so your kid can be close to his father. This all takes time. I'd bet that over time, he probably would've developed a relationship with his kid. Unfortunately, some asshole beat the kid to death and prevented that from ever happening.

<hgroup> [h=1]Adrian Peterson[/h] [h=2]Has ANOTHER Secret Child[/h] </hgroup> Exclusive
1015-adrian-peterson-getty-3.jpg
Adrian Peterson fathered a 4th child -- his 2nd secret child -- and the mother was a waitress at a popular Minnesota nightclub, TMZ has learned.

We've confirmed ... the child is a 3-month-old little girl who's living with her mom in Minnesota.

Sources close to the situation tell us the child's last name on her birth certificate is listed as "Peterson."

On the day Peterson's 2-year-old son Ty passed away, the mother of AP's 4th child posted an emotional message on her Facebook page about the situation.

"Today has been a long day finding out my [daughter's] brother passed away and knowing that she never even got to meet him."

Sources connected to the situation tell us ... the mother of AP's 4th child first met the NFL star while serving him as a VIP waitress at a place called Seven -- a steakhouse, sushi joint and ultralounge all wrapped in one.

It's unclear how involved Adrian has been in the child's life -- but the mother recently posted a photo showing the child decked out in Minnesota Vikings gear, so we're guessing they're cool.

1015-adrian-peterson-facebook-baby-5.jpg

Peterson has fathered 3 other children -- a 6-year-old daughter, a 2-year-old son and another son, who died just months after AP learned he was the father.

We called AP & the child's mother for comment -- so far, no word back.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2hphIHPMO
Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

[h=2]Man Who Raised AP's Son:[/h] [h=3]"So Tired of This 'Poor Adrian' Sh*t"[/h] Breaking News
1015-adrian-peterson-bobby-rucken-tmz-3.jpg

The man who raised Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son says he's sick and tired of people feeling sorry for the NFL star, claiming AP didn't care about the boy because he never got the chance to meet him.

We broke the story, AP only learned he was the biological dad a few months ago. Before the revelation, the child's mother was under the impression that the father was a man named Bobby Ruffin.

After the child passed away on Friday, Bobby went to his Facebook page and unloaded ... writing, "So tired of this poor Adrian Peterson sh*t. Let me blow all your minds. The boy who died was my son."

"Yes A.P. he was the biological father but I raised him and he carried my name. Tyrese Robert Ruffin. I don’t blame AP for not really caring cuz him and I both found out recently who the biological father was."

“AP met my son for the first time yest when my son was already in coma. I was here today when we pulled the plug, not him. He was happily practicing and has no problem playing on Sunday."

"So yea this isn’t all out yet but I’m sick of the poor AP sh*t. He didn’t know or even meet my son. Sorry for the outburst but put yourself in my place.”

<header class="post-header title-container fix" style="padding-left: 58px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21.59375px;">[h=1]Adrian Peterson’s Baby Mama Says He is a Deadbeat Dad to Multiple Kids? (Update)[/h] sports Add comments

Oct152013
</header>
Photo Credit: Mike Morbeck/Twitter/Urban Belle

By: Amanda Anderson-Niles​

NFL star Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings has been in the media plenty since it was confirmed his two-year-old son was in critical condition after his mother’s boyfriend severely beat him. Things took an even more tragic turn after the child passed away but reports suggested things were a lot more complicated as far as the professional athlete is concerned. According to various sources, Adrian Peterson just learned he was the child’s father a few months ago, and although he made plans to visit the child later this month, he would end up seeing him for the first time while he was on life support. Apparently the athlete did take a DNA test a few months ago toconfirm the paternity of the child, but it was originally thought that another man by the name of Bobby Ruffin was the child’s father up until the DNA test. Ruffin claims he raised the child.
The police confirmed to the press that the child’s killer Joseph Patterson’s relationship with the child’s mother was “fairly recent” and he had just moved in with them before the incident took place. However, records show that Patterson has a past of abusing women and children, and an ex-girlfriend told police that not only did he threaten to kill her on multiple occasions, but he was violent towards her three-year-old son.
Adrian Peterson became the target of criticism after he confirmed that he would play last week’s game and some felt it was insensitive of him to step back on the football field so soon after losing his son. But Adrian defended his choice and said it was his way of grieving, and he’s opted to play after other heartbreaking situations in his life to cope.
Interestingly enough, a woman has been going off on Twitter and she claims she is the mother to Adrian’s oldest son and she says he is a terrible father who picks and chooses which kids he wants to have a relationship with. Read the tweets from bottom to top:

Adrian’s camp hasn’t said a word yet about these tweets, but we have a feeling this is about to blow up pretty soon.
UPDATE:

Back