ACC Week One Thread.....

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
MW, Silky, and the like.....let us get this going. Always the toughest one for me to figure out.

Can someone post the lines please/Schedule? It keeps formatting funny for me.....

That said, anyone buying NC State this year? The First Team talks about em daily and I know they have the most returning starters and a D Line that should be sick. And they played teams close like butter played toast....shoulda beat the eventual crowned champs....

That said, anyone buying NC State this year? The First Team talks about em daily and I know they have the most returning starters and a D Line that should be sick. And they played teams close like butter played toast....shoulda beat the eventual crowned champs....

I am. Elite defense, extremely underrated pass offense - if they can find a power run game I think they are a real threat to win division.

DEyhxrMXsAA5czV.jpg

Everyone has picked Miami to win then coastal since they entered the conference in 2005. They haven't. And they have a new QB this season.

Dave Doeren coaches Nc state and they (finally) have a more than respectable non-conference schedule ... South Carolina, Marshall, Furman and Norte Dame. Fla State on the road. Still have to play Clemson and L'Ville. Are they better? Yes. But they're schedule is a lot tougher than the last four or five years. Their W/L record very well may not reflect what they have become ... a better team. Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I'm just regurgitating what NC State radio guys have come on the sports radio station and said.

Ya Duke has potential to be a good bet on team. Not far enough along to make any bold and wrong predictions just yet.

Everyone has picked Miami to win then coastal since they entered the conference in 2005. They haven't. And they have a new QB this season.

Dave Doeren coaches Nc state and they (finally) have a more than respectable non-conference schedule ... South Carolina, Marshall, Furman and Norte Dame. Fla State on the road. Still have to play Clemson and L'Ville. Are they better? Yes. But they're schedule is a lot tougher than the last four or five years. Their W/L record very well may not reflect what they have become ... a better team. Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I'm just regurgitating what NC State radio guys have come on the sports radio station and said.

Been reading Bill Connelly's ACC team previews, and it seems to be a common refrain that the ACC teams that are poised to make a breakthrough have brutal schedules that will result in a record that looks worse than it is

I like NC State this year.

I like Dave Doeren's style of play and I started backing him when he was in the MAC. I backed him several time last year when was 9-4 ATS, and I think this will be his best team.

The defensive PPG and defensive rushing yards per game have gone down each year he has been there and I value those two stats more than any stat in handicapping. And this year he returns the entire defensive line and the top two tacklers at line backer.

I like NC State this year.

I like Dave Doeren's style of play and I started backing him when he was in the MAC. I backed him several time last year when was 9-4 ATS, and I think this will be his best team.

The defensive PPG and defensive rushing yards per game have gone down each year he has been there and I value those two stats more than any stat in handicapping. And this year he returns the entire defensive line and the top two tacklers at line backer.

lotta people are buying them this year.....that is what worries me

the D line is obv quality

I do believe that if Matthew Jordan can stay healthy he will be an overall upgrade via consistency than dynamic JT. I dont think he will be George Godsey passing but he will be steady and still run like B back. Brad Stewart and Ricky Jeune may not be exciting, but they dont drop passes and I think they both could project to play in NFL because of their consistancy. In addition, they do have 2 relatively unheralded freshman WR Adonicas Sanders and Jair Hawkins-Anderson showing their dynamicism with other steady dudes, I think their passing game is going to be much better. The better they pass, the better they run. Their offense will be very good if OL gets in form.

A & B back depth looks good with the possibility of a couple of real difference makers.

Four QBs are now getting reps a Clemson, as true freshman Chase Brice is really picking things up quickly in camp. Swinney says it's still junior Kelly Bryant's job to lose, but redshirt freshman Zerrick Cooper, true freshman Hunter Johnson (early enrollee), and true freshman Chase Brice are all getting reps.

As if Clemson’s quarterback competition wasn’t crowded enough, Swinney threw another name into the fray on Tuesday, freshman Chase Brice.

“He has surprised me how well he has picked things up,” Swinney said of the rookie who had 33 touchdowns and only three interceptions in his senior season at Georgia's Grayson High. “I thought he would be farther behind at this point. We are currently rep-ing’ four quarterbacks.”

Kelly Bryant, the most seasoned of the quartet, is still leading the first team.

“Kelly is the starter just as he was at the end of spring practice,” Swinney said. “He has had five really good days and has been the most consistent. Kelly is the starter; it’s his job to stay there.”

It's generally thought that Bryant will start the opener and then lose the job somewhere along the way.

Back