9/28 update, Tuck Comin

The reason I made this thread worthy..

I believe the 30 day window for portal officially opens now.

That's potentially big for capping if we see any major defections.

Also, this will be a 2nd straight week with a distraction. Although, maybe this is a sigh of relief for the team?

We shall see.

I was under impression this wouldn't happen until October 5th when the hearing too place.

Interesting.

what do you think the settlement will be? Actually think he's got a pretty good case from what I've read. $30M?
I haven't dove into this that hard.

If that was the case, and MSU gets away with paying him 63% less than they had agreed to -- huge win.

Meanwhile, MSU can start a rebuild much quicker than they would have holding on to Mel for years due to the mistake with that contract.

In the past I would say, "The rest of the Big Ten better hope that they don't hire...."

I hesitate to say that now because most of the Big Ten, now that they have 28 teams or whatever, will only play MSU once every 6-7 years. I'll amend that by saying whoever would rather that Michigan State doesn't get good again (Michigan, whoever has a 2 year non-conference deal with them, etc) better hope they don't hire Elko or Leipold.

In the past I would say, "The rest of the Big Ten better hope that they don't hire...."

I hesitate to say that now because most of the Big Ten, now that they have 28 teams or whatever, will only play MSU once every 6-7 years. I'll amend that by saying whoever would rather that Michigan State doesn't get good again (Michigan, whoever has a 2 year non-conference deal with them, etc) better hope they don't hire Elko or Leipold.
They certainly will have money to play with now.

The funny part that has floated through my head... the next coach has a good chance of having better credentials... and won't make anything near what Mel did ...

Boy, that wouldn't sit right with me.

The funny part that has floated through my head... the next coach has a good chance of having better credentials... and won't make anything near what Mel did ...

NO doubt. Both of those guys would have fantastic leverage. "I'm better than your last guy. You've got the money. Pay me." Those guys might be happy with something close, but both of them will be in large demand for other jobs too, so they can walk if they want.

You're probably right but ill go ahaed and disagree a tad. If it's a hot ticket coach i think they'll get close to the $ but probably not the years. Whoever it is is stepping into the fire trying to compete there.

Has anyone heard any rumors regarding Michigan native Robert Saleh and Michigan State. I think it would be a fantastic match and to save the Spartans some money I will personally pay for the Saleh moving expenses.

Fwiw , a local radio buffoon yesterday decided Marcus Freeman was coming to East Lansing.

Fwiw , a local radio buffoon yesterday decided Marcus Freeman was coming to East Lansing.

Back