40 Years From Now....

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
If the NFL is still in existence ;)

Joe Flacco is going to be on some radio show somewhere and will recollect this playoff season. Not only did he throw for 11 TDs 0 INTs but he

- beat Andrew Luck, who's going to be on the best QBs ever
- beat Peyton manning OTR who is the best regular season QB ever
- beat Tom Brady OTR and his 67-0 record with a lead at halftime
- beat Kaepernick and one of the best defenses of the time.

One of the best post season performances in history for sure. Not sure where it ranks.

If the NFL is still in existence ;)

Joe Flacco is going to be on some radio show somewhere and will recollect this playoff season. Not only did he throw for 11 TDs 0 INTs but he

- beat Andrew Luck, who's going to be on the best QBs ever
- beat Peyton manning OTR who is the best regular season QB ever
- beat Tom Brady OTR and his 67-0 record with a lead at halftime
- beat Kaepernick and one of the best defenses of the time.

One of the best post season performances in history for sure. Not sure where it ranks.

Great post other than this...32nd pass rush in NFL doesn't qualify.

I didn't even know that BAR. Lol

The point is this playoff run is going to look even more amazing when people look back years down the road. That can't be said for many players.

Pay the man.

His receivers should get an assist here, as he also set the record for "jump balls completed" in a playoff season. I can't beleive the number of balls he threw up for grabs in the last few weeks that were caught because his receivers made a great play on the ball, or the defensive back just blew it.

He was a fluke play away from not even being here. Most people on this site could have knocked that pass down in Denver.

However, he played well enough all post season to earn a shot at the title and played like a monster against other great QB's. He's good.

Well put P. Kudos to him. He did it in the year his contract is up too.

But in addition to playing well over the last month, he was more than blessed with some really good fortune.

Well put P. Kudos to him. He did it in the year his contract is up too.

But in addition to playing well over the last month, he was more than blessed with some really good fortune.

No.

Joe Flacco is and has been a very good quarterback. The system he was in just sucked for him. The NEW system has put him in charge like all other elite qb's are in charge and he reaped the rewards...

Don't give me the bs about him being very lucky. After halftime yesterday he didnt step out on the field for over 80 minutes. THAT fucked him over and totally killed his mojo in the third quarter and allowed the niners to come back. THAT is the reason his stats weren't even better than they were.

I think he's a decent quarterback.

But you are kidding yourself if you don't think he got incredibly lucky against Denver, as well as last night.

And you think that he would have been throwing the ball a ton with a 28-6 lead to make his stats better in the second half?

no but do you think he would not get first downs and continue moving the chains?

Of course he got lucky but 40 years from now people dont remember that he got lucky... when i hear stories now from the 60's they are portrayed differently than what really happened

that is what this thread is about lol

but when Flacco said he was an elite quarterback, he was not high.... i don't understand what more you want

please tell me what you think about the pats victory?

He was a fluke play away from not even being here. Most people on this site could have knocked that pass down in Denver.

However, he played well enough all post season to earn a shot at the title and played like a monster against other great QB's. He's good.

if you are going to say this, which absolutely is an accurate statement, then you also have to say that he was a Evans drop and Cundiff missed fg away from getting there last year. Outplayed Brady 2 straight years in Foxborough

His receivers should get an assist here, as he also set the record for "jump balls completed" in a playoff season. I can't beleive the number of balls he threw up for grabs in the last few weeks that were caught because his receivers made a great play on the ball, or the defensive back just blew it.

Some of those jump balls were far enough down the field that he's one of the few in the league who can even throw it. The back shoulder throws are by design, and he's putting it right where it needs to be, jump ball or not, to be caught. You've been hating on him this entire postseason, think you just don't like him for whatever reason.

The play to tie it against Denver was certainly "lucky," as the defender made the worst play ever on the ball, that's fair to say for sure. Flacco probably has the strongest arm in the league (Cutler, Rogers, maybe even Kap), which allows them to take shots down the field as much as they want. Him throwing it down the field and "having his receivers run under it" is part of the game plan. His receivers have also made some fantastic catches, Boldin especially, but that's what they get paid to do. The ball is in a position for them to catch it, and they are.

I agree with this post 100%. Best post season ever by a qb. 0 ints!!!!

Montana in 89 was better as was Aikman in 92, but both those teams were juggarnauts. Flacco has the benefit of playing in the passing era where the rules are slanted to aid the offense

Not sure about what 32nd pass rush means, 49ers were hardly last in the league in sacks.

We get it AK, you're old. :)

I want to see that entire game again.

I haven't said that about a Super Bowl from what I could remember

Lareaux - I don't dislike the guy. Hell, I don't even know him. If it comes across as me hating on him this postseason its because I watched him during the regular season and I didn't see this postseason run coming. I don't think many others did either. He played pretty average to slightly above average football for much of this season. He won last night fair and square, got the MVP and will get a nice shiny contract next year. Good for him.

NBA - I'm not sure where to start with your post:

I think he could have moved the chains with or without the blackout. I think the fact that you are saying his stats in the second half were less than they would have been without the power being off is insane.

If people don't remember the luck involved 40 years from now, that's their problem not mine.

I give him tons of credit in the NE game. He played his ass off.

I still wouldn't put him in the elite group of NFL QBs. In fact I'd put him in the good/decent QB league. Certainly below:

Brady
Peyton
Brees
Rodgers
Eli
Roethlisberger.

So if being the seventh best QB in the league is elite, then I'd say he is. If I can take one QB to get me through the playoffs I would definitely take all of those guys above Flacco, and it would be hard for me to see many people argue that point.

Lareaux - I don't dislike the guy. Hell, I don't even know him. If it comes across as me hating on him this postseason its because I watched him during the regular season and I didn't see this postseason run coming. I don't think many others did either. He played pretty average to slightly above average football for much of this season. He won last night fair and square, got the MVP and will get a nice shiny contract next year. Good for him.

NBA - I'm not sure where to start with your post:

I think he could have moved the chains with or without the blackout. I think the fact that you are saying his stats in the second half were less than they would have been without the power being off is insane.

If people don't remember the luck involved 40 years from now, that's their problem not mine.

I give him tons of credit in the NE game. He played his ass off.

I still wouldn't put him in the elite group of NFL QBs. In fact I'd put him in the good/decent QB league. Certainly below:

Brady
Peyton
Brees
Rodgers
Eli
Roethlisberger.

So if being the seventh best QB in the league is elite, then I'd say he is. If I can take one QB to get me through the playoffs I would definitely take all of those guys above Flacco, and it would be hard for me to see many people argue that point.

I would put him above Eli and Rapelisberger. Now that he has a SB as well, it's certainly plausible.

Not sure current Peyton belongs on that list, or at least that high (unless they weren't in order) on the list. I know he's won a SB, but his playoff record is nothing to brag about. It's a good group of QBs at the top though, and there's a nice young core of guys to replace them when the time comes.

I could see putting him above Eli. In a way they are both a lot alike.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I think Rapistberger is a severely underrated QB

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I think Rapistberger is a severely underrated QB

Agree, and I like him as well. Just think Flacco's arm strength gives him the edge over Ben right now. Wouldn't be too upset with either QB though...Eli too.

Whatever, Yay for Flacco - I don't know why it bothers me that he's getting so much love but it does. Maybe I am a subconscious hater of him. I do think he luckboxed his way into a SB this year - Just like Eli did when Tyree pinned the ball on his helmet.

If Flacco somehow leads the ravens into the playoffs next year, it will be remarkable. With the expected Super Bowl hangover and him getting a huge payday and the team going to be seeing a lot of players depart... That would be astounding

Whatever, Yay for Flacco - I don't know why it bothers me that he's getting so much love but it does. Maybe I am a subconscious hater of him. I do think he luckboxed his way into a SB this year - Just like Eli did when Tyree pinned the ball on his helmet.

Maybe it's because he looks like this guy?

View attachment 30277

And you liked Ernie more as a child?

Dude, do you think it's just a coincidence that the offensive coordinator changed and flacco went on a tear? I mean seriously, answer that question. Stop being a hater. Flacco is still getting hate from A LOT of the media

Ok, can a mod change my monicker from "Conneissuer of Titties" to "Subconscious Flacco Hater" - thanks for the couch session guys :)

Lareaux - I always did think Ernie was way cooler than Bert

NBA - A tear? Now you're just being absurd. His numbers in the regular season were - eeeh with this new coordinator. His numbers in the Colts game were very average. SO you're talking about a three game tear that was aided by one of the luckiest postseason catches/collapses in coverage ever? I'm starting to see why the Flacco love bugs me.

Ok, can a mod change my monicker from "Conneissuer of Titties" to "Subconscious Flacco Hater" - thanks for the couch session guys :)

NBA - A tear? Now you're just being absurd. His numbers in the regular season were - eeeh with this new coordinator. His numbers in the Colts game were very average. SO you're talking about a three game tear that was aided by one of the luckiest postseason catches/collapses in coverage ever? I'm starting to see why the Flacco love bugs me.

He has won a playoff game in each of his first 5 seasons (1st QB to ever do this). He's also now 9-4 in the playoffs, with 4 away wins and 1 neutral win. Baltimore has always been known for their defense. If you've watched this team the last 2 years, their defense is nowhere near what it used to be and doesn't win games for them anymore. In those two years, they went to AFC Champ game and lost, and then won the SB. Someone has to get the credit that the defense no longer deserves.

Oh, and me too. Maybe that's not the reason you have this subconscious hating of Flacco going on inside your head after all. lol

Lol I thought you were a Baltimore fan too. Good debate. I admit I'm probably way too emotional. More so ecstatic ray rice won a ring. And more so the ravens won me about $2500 this post season. Money talks.

but its obvious the new offensive system had the coaches giving more trust to Flacco and he took their trust and showed him and the world what he can do. You can't play the lucky card, it's just not fair.

I'm only an Orioles fan when it comes to Balt. Grew up in and around DC area. No baseball here for me growing up so I latched onto the Orioles.

From a fan perspective - I'm indifferent to the Ravens.

I'll play the lucky card all day on this one though. I think you are judging him on a three game sample size that is an outlier from the way he played all year.

To be considered elite you have to be named 1st or 2nd team All-Pro at some point and Flacco has been neither. Hell he hasn't even been to a Pro Bowl.

And no just being MVP of a Super Bowl does not make you elite, just ask Mark Rypien and Desmond Howard.

To be considered elite you have to be named 1st or 2nd team All-Pro at some point and Flacco has been neither. Hell he hasn't even been to a Pro Bowl.

And no just being MVP of a Super Bowl does not make you elite, just ask Mark Rypien and Desmond Howard.

He may not be "elite" yet, but all that elite talk is for the idiots on ESPN and the like to debate....doesn't mean a damn thing.

[h=3]NFL records[/h]
  • First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs (shared with Matt Ryan)
  • First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games[SUP][22][/SUP]
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first five seasons: 92
  • Most wins by a quarterback in first 80 consecutive starts: 54
  • Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)[SUP][23][/SUP]
  • Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons[SUP][24][/SUP]
  • Most road playoff wins by a quarterback: 6

Those records simply mean he had the good fortune of being drafted by a good team.

He has all those things over Montana and Aikman. (period emphasized) But I wouldn't even put him in the same sentence with them.

Hell Flacco isn't worthy of the same paragraph as them.

Those records simply mean he had the good fortune of being drafted by a good team.

He has all those things over Montana and Aikman. (period emphasized) But I wouldn't even put him in the same sentence with them.

Hell Flacco isn't worthy of the same paragraph as them.

Lol

I'm a fan of qb's who've done it for awhile. And Flacco has done it for awhile. Last year if Evans didn't drop that pass, who knows they might have won last year. He's been winning, on the road at that, and this years run in the playoffs with 11 tds and 0 ints is unbelievable. In years past they leaned on the defense but last year and definitely this year, they leaned on the offense and Flacco to get it done. We gotta give him his props, been doing it for awhile now.

He may not be "elite" yet, but all that elite talk is for the idiots on ESPN and the like to debate....doesn't mean a damn thing.

NFL records

• First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs (shared with Matt Ryan)
  • First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games[SUP][22][/SUP]
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first five seasons: 92
  • Most wins by a quarterback in first 80 consecutive starts: 54
  • Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)[SUP][23][/SUP]
  • Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons[SUP][24][/SUP]
  • Most road playoff wins by a quarterback: 6

The stat in here that blows my mind is the 6 road playoff wins being most of all time. That's crazy.

Can't argue with the luck factor for sure. Ravens got the rub of the green the entire postseason and some scattered luck during the regular. Some of the secondary play of the opponents they faced on this champion run was nuts. Don't think I've ever seen so much blown coverage in consecutive games. It almost seemed anything he threw up had a chance of being caught. Hats off to Joe, he played awesome in spots and had a four leaf clover in his back pocket for the most part.

Think this sums it up though, should have paid more attention ;)

When's the last time you saw the NFL commish hug a player post-Superbowl ? Says a lot, IMO. If I saw Stern commit such an act with say a Steve Nash, I'd load up a future on whatever team he's playing for.

Superbowl kind of 'stank' to me somewhat, from the power cut to the officiating...

The stat in here that blows my mind is the 6 road playoff wins being most of all time. That's crazy.

Exactly. He went IN TO Denver and won even though everyone thought his defense wouldn't give him a shot in the altitude then the next week he went IN TO brady's house... i honestly dont know much about the NFL years ago but Joe Flacco's postseason record and the way he wins is remarkable. Very similar to Eli for sure

But I do agree, some of these defenses lapses were insane... i feel like the entire playoffs was extremely high scoring and offenses were way ahead of defenses

Exactly. He went IN TO Denver and won even though everyone thought his defense wouldn't give him a shot in the altitude then the next week he went IN TO brady's house... i honestly dont know much about the NFL years ago but Joe Flacco's postseason record and the way he wins is remarkable. Very similar to Eli for sure

But I do agree, some of these defenses lapses were insane... i feel like the entire playoffs was extremely high scoring and offenses were way ahead of defenses
That Denver safety that let Jacoby Jones get behind him deserves a ring too. Man you talk about on the depths of defeat.... needing big yardage, clock running down, then getting an assist from a defensive breakdown. They got lucky there. But against NE and SF, they won those.

Oh while we are on the topic of Denver, I was listening to some guy on the radio last week and he said he spoke to Steve Smith (carolina) and smith told him that when the Broncos elected to go into OT in that game he shut the tv off and knew it was john fox's decision... and he wasnt surprised but more pissed off lol, you dont do that with peyton manning at the helm

Ive always been a fan of his...even when he was drafted

never understood the hate

If you'd rather take Peyton in the postseason over Flacco you're crazy. Especially now.
Sure right now. But anyone who would say Flacco is or even will be better than Peyton is nuts. Peyton is like Marino....maybe better. I bet if you asked every qb who has ever played the position at the NFL level the results would be extremely one sided

If Flacco somehow leads the ravens into the playoffs next year, it will be remarkable. With the expected Super Bowl hangover and him getting a huge payday and the team going to be seeing a lot of players depart... That would be astounding
Why? The receiving core had a coming out party, Ray Rice is pretty much a bad motherfucker, and the defense is decent

It isnt like Flacco is playing with dogshit

Why? The receiving core had a coming out party, Ray Rice is pretty much a bad motherfucker, and the defense is decent

boldin and jacoby are free agents. losing key parts on d. team might be a mess

The superbowl hangover effect is real

and its not easy for teams to keep players after winning rings... we shall see

Sure right now. But anyone who would say Flacco is or even will be better than Peyton is nuts. Peyton is like Marino....maybe better. I bet if you asked every qb who has ever played the position at the NFL level the results would be extremely one sided

U have got to be kidding. Manning has been pedestrian in the postseason and Flacco has a much better record when it counts. Manning is flat out overrated and as I mentioned earlier the year he did win the Super Bowl he had a passer rating below 70 w/ 3 TD's and 7 INT's.

I'm referring to postseason performance only.

And people hate Rothlisberger because as a person he sucked from risking his franchise's future with his bike riding to flat out sexual assault.

Last edited:
U have got to be kidding. Manning has been pedestrian in the postseason and Flacco has a much better record when it counts. Manning is flat out overrated and as I mentioned earlier the year he did win the Super Bowl he had a passer rating below 70 w/ 3 TD's and 7 INT's.

I'm referring to postseason performance only.

And people hate Rothlisberger because as a person he sucked from risking his franchise's future with his bike riding to flat out sexual assault.

You must be. If you are talking right now in the moment sure Flacco is hot. AZ if you asked Joe Montana, fucking J T O'Sullivan or any QB who played do you really believe that 2 say Flacco is/was better than Peyton.

I get the Peyton cant win the big one thing...trust me I do

But Peyton is goin to the HOF. Flacco might not ever.

Postseason Flacco has won one SB. Lets chill. Dude never been to Pro Bowl even? Is that right?

Back