40 Years From Now....

You must be. If you are talking right now in the moment sure Flacco is hot. AZ if you asked Joe Montana, fucking J T O'Sullivan or any QB who played do you really believe that 2 say Flacco is/was better than Peyton.

I get the Peyton cant win the big one thing...trust me I do

But Peyton is goin to the HOF. Flacco might not ever.

everyone knows Peyton is the best REGULAR SEASON QB of the past 20 years. He is a pedestrian playoff QB.

I haven't read much of this thread but I must share my opinion. As a steeler fan I see a good amount of ravens games here. I feel like I have a good read on flacco, and he's known for the deep ball. Well I really feel like his receivers should get far more credit. Flacco under throws the ball at a pretty big rate. That jacoby jones play is reminiscent of what feels like a lot of throws to me

everyone knows Peyton is the best REGULAR SEASON QB of the past 20 years. He is a pedestrian playoff QB.
whatever. let us say Joe never wins another. who is the better qb?

Mark Sanchez(like trevor price pointed out) went to back to back afc ships....LOL

Peyton aint pedestrian, we know this

If someone had a gun to your mother's head would you want Joe Flacco or Peyton Manning starting the game?

Was this a memorable postseason, or regular season for that matter?

NFL entirely failed to capture my imagination this year.

It started with the referee strike, and wrong calls has been a recurring theme through the season and postseason. It seems the rule rather than the exception that the refs swing a game by a couple of scores. I suppose that in 5-10 years calls will be made by robots rather than humans.

As for Ravens, I happened to bet them in the SB, but only because the +4.5 line compelled me to. Flacco played flawlessly in the playoffs but over the last five seasons his QB rating is 86, so it's about as exciting for me as a broken clock being right twice a day. As some mention above the team will probably suck next year. I have a feeling the wrong team won, there is a handful of teams I find more interesting than Ravens.

If someone had a gun to your mother's head would you want Joe Flacco or Peyton Manning starting the game?

If it's a playoff game or a game vs Florida I want Flacco.

Let's not forget that Tennessee wins the National Championship the season after Manning leaves with Tee Martin. You want amazing numbers Manning's your guy, you want titles he's not.

In the most important drive of his life, Manning thru a pick 6 to seal the Super Bowl for the Saints...that ain't the dude I'm rolling with in a life or death situation. Hell he is the 3rd choice in his own damn family of QB's I'm choosing to get me a W.

Last edited:
Funny how much love Marino gets. Very similar to Peyton in terms of winning big games (minus one ring of course). Marino fans won't admit this but he played on a pretty damn talented team.

Postseason Record 8-10 56% completions. 32 TD 24 INT. Career postseason rating 77.1

Mannings numbers for shits and giggles;

Postseason Record 9-11 61% completions 32 TD 21 INT Career postseason rating 86.2

Lotta people feel sorry for Marino for never winning the big game, but he shoulders a decent portion of the blame with very mediocre playoff numbers

You must be. If you are talking right now in the moment sure Flacco is hot. AZ if you asked Joe Montana, fucking J T O'Sullivan or any QB who played do you really believe that 2 say Flacco is/was better than Peyton.

I get the Peyton cant win the big one thing...trust me I do

But Peyton is goin to the HOF. Flacco might not ever.

He said he was talking about post season only. I don't think anyone is disputing who is "the better QB," overall. The fact that Flacco hasn't been to a Pro Bowl (your next post), has nothing to do with the playoffs, which is what the point was.

And it's not only Peyton "can't win the big one" either. He is a pedestrian QB in the playoffs, he "can't get to the big one" would be more accurate (I know he's won one).

Twink, 'member that reading comprehension crap we were talking the other day? lol

Mark Sanchez(like trevor price pointed out) went to back to back afc ships....LOL

A playoff game right? Flacco for me. He's done it for 5 years in a row and has most road playoff wins in NFL history. I'm taking that guy in a playoff game.

He said he was talking about post season only. I don't think anyone is disputing who is "the better QB," overall. The fact that Flacco hasn't been to a Pro Bowl (your next post), has nothing to do with the playoffs, which is what the point was.

And it's not only Peyton "can't win the big one" either. He is a pedestrian QB in the playoffs, he "can't get to the big one" would be more accurate (I know he's won one).

Twink, 'member that reading comprehension crap we were talking the other day? lol

This.

to compare peyton manning and joe flacco as clutch quarterbacks is an insult to joe flacco

tee martin agrees

twink why do u think pro bowls or even the HOF are relevant in this conversation? those are nothing but popularity and opinion, the idea of the comparison in this thread is to remove all of that

if anyone thinks eli (2 super bowl rings) is any better than Flacco at this point in their careers, you are a fucking idiot.

joe didnt need guys catching balls off their heads or making one of the greatest sideline catches in super bowl history (was a great throw too) to win, and i could easily argue those giant defenses were better, considering ray lewis was a liability, ngata got hurt, suggs is playing hurt, their corners are pathetic, and ed is on his last legs.

people get a hard on that eli beat brady, well joe beat brady twice too in afc champ games, well once i guess cuz lee evans dropped a perfect td pass.

and no i am not a ravens fan, pathetic i need a disclaimer with some.

i would take peyton manning all day long and twice on sunday over flacco or eli in any game

if that idiot safety stayed as deep as the deepest this would not be a disucssion, but he didnt and then peyton threw a dumb ass pass.

to me, i have never in my life seen a better qb than peyton manning, tom brady, joe montana, john elway are close and ray lewis is one that agrees.

and i get a funny feeling andrew luck might pass him one day.

Flacco played great-- But Keep in mind Ravens were the most penalized team in the league in the regualr season but in the playoffs miraculously they didnt get called for 1 holding penalty--

i would take peyton manning all day long and twice on sunday over flacco or eli in any game

if that idiot safety stayed as deep as the deepest this would not be a disucssion, but he didnt and then peyton threw a dumb ass pass.

to me, i have never in my life seen a better qb than peyton manning, tom brady, joe montana, john elway are close and ray lewis is one that agrees.

u have never seen a better qb in your life than peyton manning? did u watch games on grass? or games that meant anything? the post-season? or tennessee-florida games? seriously, games that were important? he has been a continuous failure at accomplishment, so i have to assume your life experience at watching clutch performances must be a small sample size. u shouldn't get a "funny" feeling about andrew luck, because he should pass him up.

peyton manning is the perfect example of the fantasy football generation's hero, but a true underachiever. the guy had everything handed to him in indy, an offensive line that was very good and allowed him to stay on his feet, skill players that were amazing, yet when shit hit the fan, he became peyton manning. quite honestly, i was surprised he won the big one, but in reality it was the colts defense that year that won it. they put peyton in a position not to LOSE the game.

he took a team this year as far as tebow did last year. maybe it was on john fox's shitty playcalling, but maybe both years he had to deal with his QB deficiencies, which were abundant both years

We need threads like this in Feb. I miss the NFL already.

The margin between winning and losing is sometimes so thin. Take the Denver game - even the biggest Flacco fan in the world would agree that he got big time lucky there. 9 out of 10 times, the safety knocks down the pass and Flacco goes home, and Manning goes on. Who knows - maybe to win his second super bowl, and then you'd have to give him more credit than many around here are.

KJ - I'm a Gators fan and certainly know all about Manning's inability to win big games in college, and to some degree in the NFL as well. Brady and Montana are probably thought of as the best postseason QB's of all time, and yet, without Viniateri, and the tuck rule Brady's legacy might be totally different. Peyton's issues in big games are certainly real, but I think sometimes we focus too much on them, and he takes too much of the blame because in the back of our minds, we've all heard, "He's a choker"

Nobody really refers to Dan Marino as a choker, but the stats prove Peyton is a better postseason QB than Marino (and oh, by the way - Marino played on a very good football team, with a hall of fame coach).

twink why do u think pro bowls or even the HOF are relevant in this conversation? those are nothing but popularity and opinion, the idea of the comparison in this thread is to remove all of that

ok throw it all out the window. One is a first ballot HOF'er and in the argument for the best to ever play the position.

Flacco has a long way to go. Good year for the kid, all praises.

To compare him to Peyton is ludicrous. Post season, regular season, high school, college wherever.

And I am not a big Peyton fan. I bet if you asked every player on defense in the NFL the last years they have all played it would be very one sided. And it would not be on popularity.

joe didnt need guys catching balls off their heads or making one of the greatest sideline catches in super bowl history (was a great throw too) to win,

In back to back posts from the same poster ... it has to be an all-time classic.

Even funnier if you were to count the jump balls thrown for completions by Flacco this past post season.

ok throw it all out the window. One is a first ballot HOF'er and in the argument for the best to ever play the position.

To compare him to Peyton is ludicrous. Post season, regular season, high school, college wherever.

And I am not a big Peyton fan. I bet if you asked every player on defense in the NFL the last years they have all played it would be very one sided. And it would not be on popularity.

It's clearly not ludicrous to compare them in the post season. Unless you don't know what the meaning of "ludicrous" actually is. Flacco is much better in the post season than Manning, the numbers pretty much give you the answer. To say they aren't comparable though is hilarious.

i agree with most of this. It is amazing that people laugh Peyton off.

When you are the NFL MVP 4 times, it is pretty impressive.

Here is what Tom Brady said about Peyton

"To me, he's the greatest of all time. He's a friend of mine, and someone that I always watch and admire, because he always wants to improve, he always wants to get better, and he doesn't settle for anything less than the best. So, when you watch the best and you're able to learn from the best, hopefully that helps me get better."

Tom Brady, on Peyton Manning.[SUP][34][/SUP]

Let's not also forget that Manning and his contemporaries have played in an era where the NFL has stacked the rules to favor passing attacks and therefore inflated numbers. Montana would have been off the charts if he was playing in today's era.

Manning also benefited from playing in the expansion era with 32 teams versus 28 previous to 1995 and in his own division has played against the weakest market team in the league in Jacksonville, an expansion franchise in Houston, and a relocated franchise in the Titans.

See what you're not getting is that nobody is comparing the two. Or at least that was not the intention of this thread or any of my posts.

This discussion is essentially rinse and repeat from last year with Sheli. For whatever reason people insist that since a guy has a good postseason run on a team stacked with talent that transforms him into an "elite QB". Just let it go, doggy, you'll wind up blue in the face like I did last year with the E. Manning fanboys

Back