3 Titan Players Test Positive

this game is going have to be re-scheduled you would think. Also Minny/Houston is on watch.

Major fantasy implications with these 4 teams

Why would they reschedule?

Are we playing till March? Because this won't be the first.

As of now, it is 3 players for this team. Obviously, you expect more... But unless they cannot field a team it's play on time IMO.

because NFL will be cautious.

change around the bye weeks

because NFL will be cautious.

change around the bye weeks
What happens in a few weeks when someone else tests positive?

Are their contingencies to extend season to late February or even March if necessary? I'm asking because I don't remember seeing it.

What happens in a few weeks when someone else tests positive?

Are their contingencies to extend season to late February or even March if necessary? I'm asking because I don't remember seeing it.

you bring up good points, I have not the slightest clue

Glad I got down on Pittsburgh early
That is actually something to think about...

With the one guy staying back last week in protocol...why not hit an early number and see what happens?

There will be that possibility...this could come up again.

This thread.. MY thread.. was about the Tennessee Titans.. Go bring some of this shit back to the Politics forum where you guys can torture InZane with it. Doesn't belong here.
Moved the posts to GD thread.

Lets just keep the talk of how this affects the teams, league etc in here please.

We have a giant thread in GD for virus talk in general.

This area is for news and capping.

Okay, so let's go beyond what happens this week for both of these teams...since we are in mid-season, does the league just try to keep things moving (if they reschedule), do they investigate deeper causing potential suspensions/consequences for either (or both) teams...

This is why I am watching the NFL on the sidelines this year, I don't have any idea how to factor this stuff into my knowledge of handicapping football games. But I think those are all reasonable things to bring up.

Very interesting indeed.

Is it an unfair advantage that team A can practice and receive treatment all week?

While Team B does not?

Hell this could be good for the Titans who knows? Not have to practice, recover at home?

Again should be very interesting

Pulling on the reschedule thread.....Browns and Bengals hold the key

Pitt/Tenn move byes to week 4

Browns and Bengals have a week 7 game and week 9 byes. Move their game to week 9 and give them week 7 byes (for now).

Titans had a week 7 bye, need to fill with a game
Steelers had a week 8 bye, need to fill with a game

Titans play Bengals week 8. Move it to Week 7. Bengals now have bye week 8. Titans need to fill week 8.

Titans-Steelers moves to Week 8.

Done

Browns and Bengals have a week 7 game and week 9 byes. Move their game to week 9 and give them week 7 byes (for now).

Titans play Bengals week 8. Move it to Week 7. Bengals now have bye week 8. Titans need to fill week 8.

Done
1601410592042.png

Monday is a good solution...

Guess it means we'll be getting bonus Monday games a lot this year. Throw in some Tuesdays...

Have their been anymore positives among the players?

this is disastrous for one of my fantasy teams where I have Connors, and Henry... PLEASE PLAY THIS GAME THIS WEEK :)

I selfishly wish we knew who the players were, for example if it was Henry I could throw him on IR and pick someone else up

this is disastrous for one of my fantasy teams where I have Connors, and Henry... PLEASE PLAY THIS GAME THIS WEEK :)

I selfishly wish we knew who the players were, for example if it was Henry I could throw him on IR and pick someone else up
Yeah, this is going to be interesting...as far as when we know who the players are.

DaQuan Jones DL is positive along with their long snapper. Third player is a practice squad player.

The other 5 were staff members

I think one more today but I’m looking into it now..... but everyone will know when that guy is placed on the Covid List

Last edited:
The Shield is threatening suspensions and/or lost draft picks for “mask compliance.” Lol, we’ve definitely reached peak stupidity right? Please tell me we have, I can’t imagine what could be next.

Titans game rescheduled to later this season, 1 more player and 1 more personal tested positive

At least that’s what I’m hearing

Setting a very bad precedent here.

I'm very surprised that the NFL of all leagues is letting single digit player cases mess up their schedule. Very interesting and we'll definitely have the possibility of going well into Feb at least for season completion.

As an aside...

Keep this thread clean. If you've already had a post deleted, don't post again.

Thanks.

Thank you @B.A.R. I have a lot of respect for you and the folks here I have gotten to know for 12 years. I wasn't about to dignify the responses. I'm not perfect. Im not smarter than anyone else here. But I won't argue with someone who needs 5 or 6 different posts to make one point and call me "retarded".

Very concerned for this season though. This could be the tip of the iceberg.

Thank you @B.A.R. I have a lot of respect for you and the folks here I have gotten to know for 12 years. I wasn't about to dignify the responses. I'm not perfect. Im not smarter than anyone else here. But I won't argue with someone who needs 5 or 6 different posts to make one point and call me "retarded".

Very concerned for this season though. This could be the tip of the iceberg.
Yeah, if 5 players is gonna cancel a game we have issues.

My hope is that they saw the opportunity to make this a bye week (blind luck).

At this point, I'd expect the SB to be played later in February or so. We'll need to extend the season if games are being cancelled for 5 players (yes, I know we may get a few more positives).

I figured you'd need well into DDs to have this scenario. I'm shocked at this.

Done
I guess I missed the simpler option. Move Steelers-Ravens from Week 7 to Week 8, where they both have byes. Play Titans-Steelers in the open Week 7.

The fact (so far) no Vikings players have tested positive keeps me optimistic on less of these interruptions.

The freak out/fear for this still blows my mind, but I do understand them needing to make a decision now, especially with the potential there are more positives in the coming days.

assuming PO's are as always, how long may a team with that first round bye wait for a game if we have some zombie games a couple of weeks after reg season.?

Right now would be the perfect opportunity for someone to step up in front of a mic and let the world know that the NFL is going to press forward through this and finish the season. People will get sick and the overwhelming odds say they will all recover. Those that did not want any part of this have already opted out. We are not going to hide from Covid19. I am actually very surprised that they pushed this game to another week. I thought for sure they were going to play. This seems like a bow down to media pressure.

Right now would be the perfect opportunity for someone to step up in front of a mic and let the world know that the NFL is going to press forward through this and finish the season. People will get sick and the overwhelming odds say they will all recover. Those that did not want any part of this have already opted out. We are not going to hide from Covid19. I am actually very surprised that they pushed this game to another week. I thought for sure they were going to play. This seems like a bow down to media pressure.
NFL had a clean alternative so this scenario worked without a major shifting of schedules.

Last edited:
But they also set a precedent. Now every time there is an outbreak they will be forced to reschedule. They should have stepped up and said we are going to get this game in on Monday or Tuesday and we are going to be fine.
I don't think you can fine in this situation. That would start a problem with the NFLPA. Cooler heads and common sense prevailed this time.

Back