2024 MLB RSW Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I'm going to post current numbers. Feel free to add whatever your books may have and any information you find pertinent. I love having at least one solid size MLB RSW to root on all season. There have been a memorable few the last decade, good and bad.

These numbers are courtesy of BETONLINE

Arizona Diamondbacks​

Over 83.5 Wins
Under 83.5 Wins

Atlanta Braves​

Over 100.5 Wins
Under 100.5 Wins

Baltimore Orioles​

Under 91.5 Wins
Over 91.5 Wins
+100

Boston Red Sox​

Under 79.5 Wins
Over 79.5 Wins

Chicago Cubs​

Over 83.5 Wins
Under 83.5 Wins

Chicago White Sox​

Under 63.5 Wins
Over 63.5 Wins

Cincinnati Reds​

Under 82.5 Wins
Over 82.5 Wins

Cleveland Guardians​

Over 77.5 Wins
Under 77.5 Wins
+115

Colorado Rockies​

Under 60.5 Wins
Over 60.5 Wins

Detroit Tigers​

Over 80.5 Wins
Under 80.5 Wins

Houston Astros​

Under 92.5 Wins
Over 92.5 Wins

Kansas City Royals​

Over 72.5 Wins
Under 72.5 Wins
+100

Los Angeles Angels​

Over 71.5 Wins
Under 71.5 Wins
+100

Los Angeles Dodgers​

Over 103.5 Wins
Under 103.5 Wins

Miami Marlins​

Under 78.5 Wins
Over 78.5 Wins
+100

Milwaukee Brewers​

Over 75.5 Wins
Under 75.5 Wins
+115

Minnesota Twins​

Over 86.5 Wins
Under 86.5 Wins

New York Mets​

Over 82.5 Wins
Under 82.5 Wins

New York Yankees​

Over 93.5 Wins
Under 93.5 Wins

Oakland Athletics​

Over 57.5 Wins
Under 57.5 Wins
+100

Philadelphia Phillies​

Under 90.5 Wins
Over 90.5 Wins
+100

Pittsburgh Pirates​

Over 74.5 Wins
Under 74.5 Wins

San Diego Padres​

Over 81.5 Wins
Under 81.5 Wins

San Francisco Giants​

Over 81.5 Wins
Under 81.5 Wins

Seattle Mariners​

Over 86.5 Wins
Under 86.5 Wins

St. Louis Cardinals​

Over 85.5 Wins
Under 85.5 Wins

Tampa Bay Rays​

Under 85.5 Wins
Over 85.5 Wins

Texas Rangers​

Under 89.5 Wins
Over 89.5 Wins
+100

Toronto Blue Jays​

Over 86.5 Wins
Under 86.5 Wins
+100

Washington Nationals​

Over 66.5 Wins
Under 66.5 Wins
+100

The Yankees are +160 to win the East and 93.3 games O/U -115….that 160 is local and probably a little bad.

What would y’all bet?

The Yankees are +160 to win the East and 93.3 games O/U -115….that 160 is local and probably a little bad.

What would y’all bet?
Those odds are not nearly good enough to bet the yankees to win the division. Baltimore is still the best team and Tampa is always good. The only team with no shot is Boston so +160 on the yankees who could easily finish 3rd or 4th is not a bet I would make.

Those odds are not nearly good enough to bet the yankees to win the division. Baltimore is still the best team and Tampa is always good. The only team with no shot is Boston so +160 on the yankees who could easily finish 3rd or 4th is not a bet I would make.
Agreed.

What would y’all bet?
Orioles rotation has been hit with 2 injuries. Toronto might be going backwards Tampa lost pieces but play baseball the way it’s supposed to be played. Red Sox have regressed as a franchise.
Yankees pitching staff is still the weakness of this team but might have enough offense now to win this division.

Orioles rotation has been hit with 2 injuries. Toronto might be going backwards Tampa lost pieces but play baseball the way it’s supposed to be played. Red Sox have regressed as a franchise.
Yankees pitching staff is still the weakness of this team but might have enough offense now to win this division.
The yankees could win the division but I wouldn't bet it at +160.

The AL East is too tough for the yankees to win 100 games. I see them as a third place team behind Baltimore and Tampa.
I don’t see the AL East has being that tough. Rays, Red Sox and Toronto aren’t improved. I’m not saying they’ll win 100 but it wouldn’t surprise me if they got close.

Looks like Giolito is probably done for the year for the Red Sox. Do they pivot to Montgomery or Snell now?

Last edited:
They seem like a lock to finish in last place so why spend money on a roster that can't win.
They are Oakland bad

When you're a name brand you spend to remain a name brand. I doubt ownership cares about sucking more than they do irrelevance.

pains me to say this but 85.5 is to damn high for the cardinals, they didn't exactly fix their pitching! i liked bringing in sonny grey but he hurt already! then the other answers to replacing old washed up guys was to sign other old washed up guys! out with waino in with gibson and the return of lance freaking lynn! we didn't want to keep lynn in his prime but now that he washed up throwing 4 versions of a fastball, none of which exceed 91-92 mph we just had to have him!! lmao. any chance this rotation has not to be awful rest on steven matz ability to be healthy and not suck! when has that ever happened?!?!? or maybe on Liberatore who was a awful trade actually figuring out how to be a big league pitcher, the problem w that is the rays traded him to us, rays don't trade cost controlled pitchers who gonna be good!!! no clue how it possible they have us with 2 more wins than the cubs? i'll take cubs to finish ahead of us all day every day!!

Love the Pirates over. Took it at 74.5. They won 76 LY and should definitely continue to improve.

cards are overpriced so that means there gotta be value on prob a few the other nl central clubs. the only thing i will say didn't pirates have that crazy good out of nowhere start to the season? like they were in 1st place for like a month! can't imagine they have another run like that which im sure bolstered their win total. not saying i hate this, honestly not sure, kinda depends if/when they decide to let a few their young studs come up? sounds like jones gonna open the season in the rotation? i didnt see that coming, from what i understand they have a few highly touted pitching prospects but wasn't sure they would allow them to be up much this year, certainly not on the opening day roster. if they willing to let those guys pitch in bigs this year they should def have a chance to be around .500!

cards are overpriced so that means there gotta be value on prob a few the other nl central clubs. the only thing i will say didn't pirates have that crazy good out of nowhere start to the season? like they were in 1st place for like a month! can't imagine they have another run like that which im sure bolstered their win total. not saying i hate this, honestly not sure, kinda depends if/when they decide to let a few their young studs come up? sounds like jones gonna open the season in the rotation? i didnt see that coming, from what i understand they have a few highly touted pitching prospects but wasn't sure they would allow them to be up much this year, certainly not on the opening day roster. if they willing to let those guys pitch in bigs this year they should def have a chance to be around .500!
Be surprised if Skenes isn't up before June, doubt they want him getting bored in the minors too long

Be surprised if Skenes isn't up before June, doubt they want him getting bored in the minors too long

i assume the timing has to do with the rules pertaining to service time and getting a extra year of control. i dunno how all that works but think it really stupid, this the strongest union they should squash that shit!

Reactions: KJ
pains me to say this but 85.5 is to damn high for the cardinals, they didn't exactly fix their pitching! i liked bringing in sonny grey but he hurt already! then the other answers to replacing old washed up guys was to sign other old washed up guys! out with waino in with gibson and the return of lance freaking lynn! we didn't want to keep lynn in his prime but now that he washed up throwing 4 versions of a fastball, none of which exceed 91-92 mph we just had to have him!! lmao. any chance this rotation has not to be awful rest on steven matz ability to be healthy and not suck! when has that ever happened?!?!? or maybe on Liberatore who was a awful trade actually figuring out how to be a big league pitcher, the problem w that is the rays traded him to us, rays don't trade cost controlled pitchers who gonna be good!!! no clue how it possible they have us with 2 more wins than the cubs? i'll take cubs to finish ahead of us all day every day!!
I liked the Cards under before I saw this. GL

Here are my season total bets.
Pirates over 74.5 my favorite play
Astros over 91.5
Giants over 82.5
Cubs over 83.5
Tigers over 79.5
White Sox under 63.5
Cards under 85.5
Red Sox under 78.5
Rangers under 89.5
All from BAS
I would have taken Yankees under 92.5 but can’t bet against my team. GL

Here are my season total bets.
Pirates over 74.5 my favorite play
Astros over 91.5
Giants over 82.5
Cubs over 83.5
Tigers over 79.5
White Sox under 63.5
Cards under 85.5
Red Sox under 78.5
Rangers under 89.5
All from BAS
I would have taken Yankees under 92.5 but can’t bet against my team. GL
Nice Numero on my Tigs.

I played it at 80.5 awhile back.

I liked the Cards under before I saw this. GL

the offense could be pretty good but i just don't see a world where this pitching staff holds up. the gm has really run this team into the ground, it sucks to think bout all the all stars around the league this clown has traded away!! we used to always be able to count on pitching and now it a total mess, they have always won w pitching and defense and now i guess they think they gonna outscore ppl? that plan damn sure didn't work last year and while i think the offense could be better it not gonna work this year either cause the pitching is just down right bad, even if everything breaks right w injuries which you know it won't i still don't think they have enough quality arms. best case guys like mikolas, lynn, gibson will be ok vs bad lineups but none those dudes are gonna get out the good lineups around the leagye, they just domt have the stuff!! its crszy but Matz might have the most arm talent in tbe rotation but wjen he ever been healthy or put it all togethsr? even in a perfrct world where grey comes back quickly and able to be the front the rotation guy that hardly enough, even at his best he hasnt been a guy that consistentky pitches deep into games, the pen is gonna get so overworked and thats if things go right!!! reds, pirates, and cubs all improving, i just dont see a world they finish better than .500..

Saw this thread…..

Went on DK and cashed my crowns…..$39 bucks….

Played the rest of the league….all unders….30 teams…..to win $1 each…..

I don’t see the AL East has being that tough. Rays, Red Sox and Toronto aren’t improved. I’m not saying they’ll win 100 but it wouldn’t surprise me if they got close.

The AL East is easily the toughest division in baseball.

I’m not ever sure, off the top of my head, which division would be the second best in the league. The AL West maybe? But they still have Oakland in it so probably not. Possibly the NL East?

The AL East itts easily the ttoughest division in baseball.
f
I’m not ever sure, off the top of my head, which division would be the second best in the league. The AL West maybe? But they still have Oakland in it so probably not. Possibly the NL East?

nl west ain't to shabby outside of rockies, close between them and the nl east. dodgers and snakes comparable to braves and phillies, mets vs pads a toss up, i think nats have a lot more going for them than rockies, giants/fish kinda similar. tough to say. all i do know is once again the nl and al central's are ass! lol

can we post futures discussion here also?

it's odd that the cubs are +185 to win central, cardinals +190 yet cards win total a couple games higher than cubs? doesn't that alone scream the RWS is wrong on one those teams? obviously i think cards number to high, this kinda confirms it, doesn't it?

usually i see a few teams i think have lot of value but this season not so sure. feels like they pretty stingy with the plus money!!

how bout a player?

juan soto hr champ +900 has a decent ring to it. def like his over 35.5 home runs! he should have a field day hitting bombs over that short porch in the bronx!! i don't usually like playing RWS or individual props for the season as i hate tying money up unless im getting a bunch of plus money. but man oh man i dunno how soto doesn't smash this total unless he gets hurt!!!! going from nats park, then pads park, to now the crazy short porch in the bronx?!?!? every fly ball he pulls is going over the wall! my understanding he gonna hit in the 2 hole with judge behind him? if that the case he finally gonna stop walking so much and add a bunch of dingers imo! he hit 35 bombs last year. he gonna smash this number, a injury that takes away over a month his season the only way he doesn't smash this imo,

trea turner over 23.5 bombs. love it! he had 26 last year and he was terrible the 1st half the season, this number crazy! i expect him
to have a monster season, actually like him for mvp, he will sail over 24 bombs in this park!

turner to win mvp +2200

love guys in 2nd year after moving teams and signing a big contract. seager was a great example last year and almost pulled it off if wasn't for missing time and Ohtani. this is prob the only year any NL player have a chance for the next 5 as once ohtani gets back to pitching the award is basically his!! think turner has just as good a chance as anyone yet sitting here with 22-1 odds! i guess the only glaring issue is he could split votes with harper but the price right to take a shot, harper only 10-1 and think their chances are basically equal.

The AL East is easily the toughest division in baseball.

Yankees & Red Sox didn’t make the postseason and both are declining despite the hype on the Yankees. Check their litany of injuries. Orioles had a great season and then got swept. Toronto is hardly a juggernaut and TB is middle of the road. This division is no longer what it was.

Yankees & Red Sox didn’t make the postseason and both are declining despite the hype on the Yankees. Check their litany of injuries. Orioles had a great season and then got swept. Toronto is hardly a juggernaut and TB is middle of the road. This division is no longer what it was.
Tampa seemingly wins 90 plus games every year so if thats middle of the road sign me up.

Sure. It’s still the best division is baseball.

Don’t take my word for it, you just have to look at the collective win totals for the teams in the division.

Tampa seemingly wins 90 plus games every year so if thats middle of the road sign me up.

rays rotation doesn't look like what i'm used to seeing, i dunno who some those kids are so maybe they studs? i dunno if all those guys who got hurt last year will be coming back at some point or they all out for season? i think they have finally run out of pitching depth with all the injuries. if they can overcome the loss of all those guys and win 90 games this year it would be incredible.

you holding o's 1st playoff experience against them? they are gonna be even better this year and that was before they went out and got burnes! their big move was adding that loser jack flaherty at deadline, of course they had no shot in playoffs last year. this year they will be going deep into the post season!

kinda love munoz most saves at +1500, i like seattle but more importantly think they will be in a bunch of low scoring games with tons of save opportunities as im still not sure how good the offense be and they have arguably the best pitching staff in baseball. that should equate to lot of saves!!

seattle +1900 to win WS the only one i've found so far and it a little low for my taste.

Snakes picked up Jordan Montgomery on a 1 year deal today, only makes the rotation better although the guy they got from the Tigers was hurting last week and Sewald is starting the season injured. NL West is so tough but I like to think the offense improved and the rotation is very good now when/if healthy. I'd like to think getting to 85 wins is very doable. Sewald injury is possibly a month + though.

Snakes picked up Jordan Montgomery on a 1 year deal today, only makes the rotation better although the guy they got from the Tigers was hurting last week and Sewald is starting the season injured. NL West is so tough but I like to think the offense improved and the rotation is very good now when/if healthy. I'd like to think getting to 85 wins is very doable. Sewald injury is possibly a month + though.

i was looking at him for saves leader until saw he was hurt. they prob won't play as many close games as seattle anyways in that park. montgomery finally caved huh? good move for them!

does it matter the west is tough anymore? didnt they change schedule to where everyone plays everyone and there less inter division games than used to be?

i was looking at him for saves leader until saw he was hurt. they prob won't play as many close games as seattle anyways in that park. montgomery finally caved huh? good move for them!
1 year/25 mil makes him the highest paid player this year lol. His option for a 2nd year which can escalate based on starts/performance up to $25m next season.

Back