2021-2022 CFL IN-GAME

Toronto is a weird city and a horrible sports town. They don't support the Argos and a Wednesday night game isn't helping the numbers

Toronto isnt a sports town at all, it's a leafs town, and moreso a status town

Leafs will always sell out, but every other team only matters when they are winning

Argos get ut worse because toronto thinks it's more of an nfl city than a cfl one

Vancouver isnt much different

Toronto isnt a sports town at all, it's a leafs town, and moreso a status town

Leafs will always sell out, but every other team only matters when they are winning

Argos get ut worse because toronto thinks it's more of an nfl city than a cfl one

Vancouver isnt much different
Status town is a good way to put it. They just want to glom onto anything that looks successful

Heres a perfect illustration of Toronto...

I went to a cats/argos game in the 90s and we went for dinner afterward. I was wearing a Montford jersey and this woman approaches me at the restaurant and asks me if I'm a fan. She tells me that she's dining with the man himself and he'd be happy to give me an autograph if I'd like. So I get a sharpie from the wait station and head over there. I say hi and turn around so he can autograph the back shoulder of my jersey. Within that 20 secs, a lineup of maybe 15 people had formed looking for autographs too. They had no idea who he was before they saw him signing my jersey and probably still didn't have a clue. They just sw an indication that someone was famous and immediately had to glom on to it. It was really pathetic but thats Toronto in a nutshell for me. Just an empty, vaccuous and superficial city

Heres a perfect illustration of Toronto...

I went to a cats/argos game in the 90s and we went for dinner afterward. I was wearing a Montford jersey and this woman approaches me at the restaurant and asks me if I'm a fan. She tells me that she's dining with the man himself and he'd be happy to give me an autograph if I'd like. So I get a sharpie from the wait station and head over there. I say hi and turn around so he can autograph the back shoulder of my jersey. Within that 20 secs, a lineup of maybe 15 people had formed looking for autographs too. They had no idea who he was before they saw him signing my jersey and probably still didn't have a clue. They just sw an indication that someone was famous and immediately had to glom on to it. It was really pathetic but thats Toronto in a nutshell for me. Just an empty, vaccuous and superficial city
Ya that is it to a tee, no different here in the yaletown crowd, they want to go places to be seen rather than for what they are looking at

I don't know if Harris coming back solves anything for them. The org is in disarray. People are questioning Elizondo and the GM has taken some fire recently as well.

Canadian television is always doing the native thing during every sports broadcast I watch
Its because we are having our own BLM type of moment with the discovery of several mass graves of indigineous children. Its been a sobering time for this country

Back