***2020 Recruiting Thread***

What Clemson is doing is unreal

Throw in they had the BALLS BEFORE this run to tell commits, HELLLL NO on other visits

really like LSU class, although the lack of offesive lineman year in and out is really concerning

It seems that Clemson is now backing off Burch a bit. Questio0ns about motivation. May let UGA/LSU fight it out and leave room for Flowe and Simpson and possibly make room for Arian Smith.

It seems that Clemson is now backing off Burch a bit. Questio0ns about motivation. May let UGA/LSU fight it out and leave room for Flowe and Simpson and possibly make room for Arian Smith.
Thanks for bumping MW. LSU and Clemson classes about to be nasty.....

Burch, LSU appears to be fighting Mom wanting Burch to stay home.

Evans should pop for LSU on Wednesday, 5 star number 1 RB.....I know you all like your RB commit.

Y’all boards have a nice comparison of the two classes.

I've heard we feel good about Arian Smith. Coaches are hitting the road heavy this week with no game to prepare for. Will be interesting to see who Saban gets rid of on staff to hire better recruiters. He's struggled in recent years to balance a staff that can recruit and coach

Clemson is not in Smith's final three but I believe that is simply because we haven't offered yet since Dabo does not run players off to make room even for guys like Smith or Simpson (who is close to signing with the Tar Heels if we don't offer soon).

Clemson is not in Smith's final three but I believe that is simply because we haven't offered yet since Dabo does not run players off to make room even for guys like Smith or Simpson (who is close to signing with the Tar Heels if we don't offer soon).
Let’s say he also doesn’t let commits take other visits. Not arguing with you and it’s an interesting way, a way I respect in a way.....just wanted to point out he has a unique way

I take it the two or three kids who de-committed from LSU did so because they were told by LSU there was no longer for them. Haven't seen LSU confirm that, but reading between the lines it appears LSU is close on so many top kids still out there they decided to clear some room.

Nice problem to have if that's the case

I take it the two or three kids who de-committed from LSU did so because they were told by LSU there was no longer for them. Haven't seen LSU confirm that, but reading between the lines it appears LSU is close on so many top kids still out there they decided to clear some room.

Nice problem to have if that's the case
Essentially, yes

Where's the outrage?
From who? Me?!?

I’ll tell you very selfishly, they are VERY careful with the LA kids.....some bridges cannot be burned.
You know this game well. The Felipe Franks of the world can get fucked, just as bad as they can fuck a school.

Thought there was a transfer Portal thread, but can't find it so posted on this thread. Schools will be recruiting the guys in the portal so it's the same thing.

Jett Duffey who started more than a season of games at QB for Texas Tech entered the portal. The portal was made for guys like Duffy. He's a good runner and passer--passed for 3,000 yards this year--and kept T Tech in a lot of games this year, including against OU. No reason he should set on the bench at TT when the starter comes back when he proved to everyone he can play

Texas Tech quarterback Jett Duffey to transfer after making eight starts this season

Clemson about to flip Malcom Greene from LSU.
Not unexpected. Need more room
Do we have room? We're about to take Simpson away from UNC, which was something that we didn't appear to have room for. And we should be getting Flowe, and Burch is still a possibility. Is Scott taking some grad transfers to USF? How would we have room for Greene?

Do we have room? We're about to take Simpson away from UNC, which was something that we didn't appear to have room for. And we should be getting Flowe, and Burch is still a possibility. Is Scott taking some grad transfers to USF? How would we have room for Greene?

There’s a lot of smoke that the Burch recruitment is playing out exactly how Clemson wants to. The optics and visits read anything but Clemson, but who knows?

You’ve got to think Scott takes a few guys with him. Rodgers is going pro no matter what, imo. Stands to gain nothing by coming back. TJ Chase? Powell? I’m still convinced Chase Brice transfers too.

Lot of chatter that Jace McClellan is going to flip to Alabama. Also hearing that we have a legit shot at Jarrett, though most expect him to stick with LSU

So Clemson finally offered LB Trenton Simpson:

My understanding is that it would be UNC in the absence of a Clemson offer, but a Clemson offer would probaby take him to Tigertown.

There was at least one Clemson recruiting "expert" who preferred Simpson over Flowe. I wonder whether the staff arrived at the same conclusion. Or whether they knew Flowe was lost.

Here's the article on the Simpson commit written by (I believe) the expert referenced above:

Clemson's overall status 4 days before the early signing period:

Last edited:
From a Clemson recruiting guru:

We had 1 LB spot, and no matter how much we’d love to fit both I just don’t think we had the space. Flowe had plenty of time to fill that spot and it seems Dabo would rather take Simpson now then risk being burned by Flowe on signing day. We are in a position where we are able to make a decision like that which is honestly incredible.

GPS, what was the selling point on Jase Mclellan? Had been committed to OU for over 2 years, and Bama already has multiple RB commitments, do they not? Interesting stuff.

GPS, what was the selling point on Jase Mclellan? Had been committed to OU for over 2 years, and Bama already has multiple RB commitments, do they not? Interesting stuff.

I don't know the exact reasons, but I do know that while our RB depth chart is full of bodies, it is a little light on elite talent, especially considering Trey Sanders is coming off an injury. But yes, that is 3 RB commits this cycle.

Also, we have people inside the LSU program. Like my old neighborhood pal. So be careful.

18 commits including all the defensive players have signed up.

QB in California, Ajou Ajou in Fla., and three late-sleeping OL have yet to sign.

LSU wanted Greene. Make no mistake. Kid wanted to stay closer to home, LSU knew about this for weeks.

UGA got a good one in Burns yesterday

Back