2020 Off-Season Portal Thread

Good signing for TCU if the kid can keep his head on straight, but that's a BIG if.

Evans has as much talent as anyone in the country, but is so self absorbed he got himself suspended for his team's state title game when he insisted team rules didn't apply to him because he was so great (The team won anyway and the back they plugged in ran wild).

He's not dumb, so maybe he learned something, but it's rare that a head case with huge talents ever straightens out.

Always. LSU flirted with him for a second. He definitely ain’t his bro, that’s for sure

If Lia had been the one making the choice, he would have signed with LSU out of high school. Rumor is he wants Maryland or LSU now, but most believe he will end up in South Florida somewhere to keep the family close. Tua was worth the headache of his dad. Not sure Lia is

If Lia had been the one making the choice, he would have signed with LSU out of high school. Rumor is he wants Maryland or LSU now, but most believe he will end up in South Florida somewhere to keep the family close. Tua was worth the headache of his dad. Not sure Lia is
Welcome back

Dee Anderson, 4-star WR to Oklahoma State from LSU.

Highly touted at one time, but got in Orgeron's dog house last year

Eligible immediately

I think he might be a better fit at Okla State.

The offense fits him, there's a need for him, and Gundy is very skilled at teaching guys how to improve their concentration and focus

I think he might be a better fit at Okla State.

The offense fits him, there's a need for him, and Gundy is very skilled at teaching guys how to improve their concentration and focus
Could be. LSU went crazy a while ago with all these tall WRS. It’s obviously a room where he won’t see much playing time also. Wish him well for sure

Dumb decision. Far too many of these kids transfer to a school merely because some assistant from their old school is now working there.

That's the least important consideration when transferring.

Hurts was much smarter. At least he was much smarter after Saban talked to him. Hurts told Saban he had the choices of Miami (Hurt's former Tide QB coach on staff) or Maryland (Locksley) or Oklahoma (no ex Tide on staff)

As Saban recounts it he said, "Jalen, where do they have the best players?" Hurts said, Oklahoma. Saban said, "I've always told you QB is a hard position to play if you don't have good players around you so go where they have the best players."

I'm amazed a college guy can't figure that out himself.

At Maryland he will be lucky to play three games a year where he has the best players. And probably won't play a one where he has the best coach.

He'd be far better off going to a Group of Five team if they have the coaches and players to compete for a title than getting pounded with a loser team in a Power Five Conference, but making smart choices is what life's all about.

There is an endless line of players who could have been stars at the right school, but end up with no career at all if they pick the wrong one. And some guys are so out of touch with reality they do it twice.

I may start a contest for the dumbest transfer decision every year and the winner wins the Tate Martell trophy

Last edited:
You’d know more and I know Bama wasn’t gonna let him go to Ole Miss.....Lane likes the kid but I know that wasn’t gonna happen

All. But I don’t think he is very good

He's not Tua, but he's still a legit D1 prospect. One of his comps was Trace McSorley. I think he could have done great with Kiffin, glad he's not going there. He and his family knew that if he was going to transfer, the spring was the time to do it. He planned on competing in spring practice and seeing where he stood, but obviously that didn't happen, so I guess he felt it was better to do it now rather than a potential fall transfer. According to an interview from his dad, they wanted him to stay at Alabama. They are not moving to Miami like most thought, they have a daughter still in high school, and a nephew that is a freshman QB at the same high school Lia played for

Leach added a WR from Alabama who should be a star with Miss State. He was a big high school star in Texas, but was stuck behind a bunch of first round draft choices at Bama.

Okla, Texas, and aTm wanted him out of high school, but he chose Bama. He's 6-6 and has speed, should be a perfect fit for Leach' offense.

Eligible immediately and has two years left

Last edited:
Virginia Tech football: Hokies land transfer CB from transfer portal

Devin Taylor transfers to Virginia Tech from Illinois State

Taylor, a 6-foot-1, 200-pound cornerback from FCS Illinois State, was named a third-team All-American in 2019 by Phil Steele. He was also a first-team All Missouri Valley Conference selection. Taylor played his high school football at Sexton High in Lansing, Mich.

Taylor recorded 65 tackles in 2019, while picking off five passes. He led the conference in pass breakups and passes defended.

Jermaine Waller has one cornerback spot locked down. He was recently ranked as the ACC’s top cornerback after Farley’s departure. Armani Chatman, Nadir Thompson and Brion Murray will all compete with Taylor to start.

Baylor lands OT from UCLA.

Jake Burton is the second--Wash State WR to Okla State was first--of what I hope is a flood of seniors from the Pac 12 and Big 10 to transfer, Starter at UCLA and probably the best O-lineman on the team. He'll help Baylor

Hope to see your thread this year s—k

Thank you. I don't know, I kind of feel like I'm into football half-hearted this year. One day I care and the next I'm busy with something else instead. Probably just because everything that is going on it's weird. I assume once games are on this Thursday and Saturday it will get some juices flowing.

Thank you. I don't know, I kind of feel like I'm into football half-hearted this year. One day I care and the next I'm busy with something else instead. Probably just because everything that is going on it's weird. I assume once games are on this Thursday and Saturday it will get some juices flowing.
Love to hear your Tulane thoughts. I know it’s all up in the air, but if you have an opinion and time

Sorry twink, I'm not much of an asset right now. I basically did not plan for any football knowledge until just very very recently. I couldn't make an educated bet on a game right now if my life depended on it. Weird summer.

Sorry twink, I'm not much of an asset right now. I basically did not plan for any football knowledge until just very very recently. I couldn't make an educated bet on a game right now if my life depended on it. Weird summer.
For sure bro. I just always loved how you bet the smaller conferences and followed.

Thank you. I don't know, I kind of feel like I'm into football half-hearted

I have the same feeling. I'd put it a little differently, I"d say I'm euphoric college ball is back, but I'm not obsessed like I have been all my life.

I don't have any idea how to bet. I haven't been paying as much attention and I don't even know all the changes they've made, let alone how to figure them into a bet. I know some of the players who are missing but no idea who the rest are. I don't even know the new schedules.

I still love it though

WKU #2 returning WR (was #5 overall last year) Jacquez Sloan entered portal this week

Back