2019 Yahoo Pick'em League

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
I renewed the league from last year.

The games to pick are yahoo default games plus any game involving a top 25 team. There could be as many 20 games to pick each week. Some weeks they will have an FCS vs FBS with a spread of "off". That means just pick straight up winner. All FBS vs FBS games will be picked with the point spread, no confidence points. Everyone's single worst week will be dropped, so if you forget to make picks one week you can still be in the hunt.

Starts week 1.

No prizes, just for fun.

You need a yahoo log-in to play.

Once logged in, go here to join private group:

The Group ID is 4400. The Password is play

I joined, but didn't see a point spread listed on the picks menu.

Do they add it later or what

Yes, the point spreads will be added next week. They will have an opening number that gets updates midweek and then the spreads will lock late week, Thursday or Friday. So if you pick your games early in the week based on their first posted number, just know that yahoo will adjust the spreads later in the week.

Can anyone playinterted

Interested

I'd say yes. It is kinda meant for a competitive forum thing, but technically anyone could play. If you have a friend or whatever, in that case, maybe just post what their yahoo name is so we know if that person is a member here or otherwise. Not everyone uses the same name they have here so really can't tell but would be nice to know who is who.

BAR is in and we have 14 signed up! Plenty of time for more to join!

And lines are up!

No Thursday games, but 6 games Friday.

IT'S GAME WEEK!!

I'd say yes. It is kinda meant for a competitive forum thing, but technically anyone could play. If you have a friend or whatever, in that case, maybe just post what their yahoo name is so we know if that person is a member here or otherwise. Not everyone uses the same name they have here so really can't tell but would be nice to know who is who.
No I meant for myself I want to play lol

No I meant for myself I want to play lol

Oh, yeah, if you are a member here, especially forum members here, even if you are new or whatever; please feel free to sign up. You will need a yahoo user id, which if you don't have one it is free and easy. Once you have a yahoo login then you should be able to follow the directions to get into our league.

The Group ID is 4400. The Password is play

Unfortunately there is no access to the pick'em via their sports app that I see so you have to do it though the web.

Do we pick every game?

In these early weeks it will feel like it. I think there are 33 this week. Some of that is all the non conference games and a few vs IAA. Normally I think we will be picking mid to upper 20s. Honestly, I know a lot of people really put pride in their capping and work, but I wouldn't let a high number of games deter anyone from playing. If nothing else....just guess! I fill mine out in probably less than 2 minutes.

Submitted my picks and tiebreakers and everything seems to have worked, but in the upper left hand corner I see "incomplete" in red letters under "Status," and that I picked 28 of 33. The other five however are no line games.

So what does the "incomplete" mean? Are we supposed to go ahead and select teams that are no line?

Submitted my picks and tiebreakers and everything seems to have worked, but in the upper left hand corner I see "incomplete" in red letters under "Status," and that I picked 28 of 33. The other five however are no line games.

So what does the "incomplete" mean? Are we supposed to go ahead and select teams that are no line?

Yes, you should pick all the games including the ones with no line or "off". I don't know why yahoo drops the lines on some of the games (like Michigan - MTSU) and whenever they have an FBS vs FCS they never post lines for those. Regardless, when the it says "off" for the line you should pick the straight up winner. If you make no pick yahoo will score that as a loss.

Additionally, if you go to Group Picks, as of right now before games start you will see all our entry names with dashes under the specific games. Here you can see if anyone has missed a pick since it will be an empty square rather than a dash, so I can see you TahoeLegend that you didn't pick a few games and also @CPA-hole is missing some picks. Once a game locks (5 minutes before listed start time) you can see everyone's picks there.

Only 4 players haven't made picks yet, which they still have until Friday's games to get all those in. If somebody misses the first or second game Friday, or all the games Friday, they can still submit their remaining games so long as it is outside of the 5 minute start time for the remaining games.

Since it is week 1 and I want everyone to get off to a good start, there are 4 entries that have yet to make Friday (or any other) picks. @ek462 @Longhorns45 (user name Longhorns50?) JMB in Dallas (?) and Bama58 (?). Sorry, not sure what all the yahoo names correspond in CTG names.

TahoeLegend and B.A.R. topped the week 1 board.

Week 2 games are up.

Now, anyone who missed week 1 can still enter for week 2 and be on par with everyone going forward. That is because we are dropping everyone's single lowest scoring week. If you play week 2 and all weeks ahead, then week 1 will be your lowest score, and dropped.

And we had a couple users not fill out week 1, no big deal, you can still play all the other weeks and missing week 1 won't hurt you.

So onward and upward we go...still accepting new enrollees!

What are the standings this week?

Week one made sense, but the way they display the standings this week looks like gibberish to me.

Last edited:
Yup, you guys see what is going on. Lowest single week gets dropped.

@B.A.R. week 2 was your muligan. You weren't around this weekend, hope you are well.

Congrats to Aplous for the best weekly finish.

On to week 3!

Eltoro is our first repeat top weekly finisher.

Rambler joined late, but is already tied with BAR, because, well, you know, BAR missed another week.

Only 6 points separates the top 5 and 10 points between 1st and 10th with 11th to 14th all within striking distance there will be plenty of movement in the standings.

Eltoro is our first repeat top weekly finisher.

Rambler joined late, but is already tied with BAR, because, well, you know, BAR missed another week.

Only 6 points separates the top 5 and 10 points between 1st and 10th with 11th to 14th all within striking distance there will be plenty of movement in the standings.
Only reason I missed was I was dealing with the site being down starting Friday night at 830. I always miss the Friday games and do my picks at night. My bad. Tell ya what, we'll do a side bowl contest for everyone in this group and I'll sponsor a payout. Deal?

Only reason I missed was I was dealing with the site being down starting Friday night at 830. I always miss the Friday games and do my picks at night. My bad. Tell ya what, we'll do a side bowl contest for everyone in this group and I'll sponsor a payout. Deal?

Sweet.

Hey @s--k I will do my picks here in a bit. Promise.

@B.A.R. just checking in

A couple other regulars look to have some blanks and @CPA-hole has a couple holes in his picks (pun intended)

It is an advantage for the people making picks to have others forget or be incomplete, so I don't want to make anyone upset by posting reminders, but I like it to be as competitive as possible with as many people in the hunt as possible.

And especially BAR, since he said he was doing it every week, unforeseen circumstances forgiven and understood, but still.

@B.A.R. just checking in

A couple other regulars look to have some blanks and @CPA-hole has a couple holes in his picks (pun intended)

It is an advantage for the people making picks to have others forget or be incomplete, so I don't want to make anyone upset by posting reminders, but I like it to be as competitive as possible with as many people in the hunt as possible.

And especially BAR, since he said he was doing it every week, unforeseen circumstances forgiven and understood, but still.
I just never hit submit last night. I just opened the laptop and the page was still sitting there. So I'm all set.

Smokey the Bandit has best week 7, winning the tie-breaker with Aplous and mogo. 6 of our 10 active players had their worst week. Aplous enjoys a 6 pt advantage over the pack.

Eltoro tops the chart this week. He and Apolus start to pull away a bit at the top. Bandit a close 3rd. 5 pts separate 4th through 10th. Still 7 weeks to go.

CPA-hole says 'not so fast my friend' with this week's highest total and creeps back towards the top 3. Just behind Smokey the Bandit (who is this?) and Eltoro and Aplous tied at the top with 144 pts. 5th-7th in striking distance, 8th on back need some good weeks to get back up there. 4 of our active 15 players had their worst week.

Our 3 leaders had an off week...BooksBestFriend posted his best week since early in the year and this week's highest total! 4th & 5th inched a little closer.

And Fondybadger showed back up and had a strong performance!

With BAR and Fondy each missing 3 weeks it will be an interesting race to watch between them. Or if Rambler, who didn't join until week 3, can stay ahead of them.

Back