2019 The Open Championship Contest -- Cash Prize

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
View attachment 40884

We will be using a Modified Stableford Scoring System for this contest.

Here is what you will do:

Pick 6 golfers total.

At the end of the tournament, we will use the top 4 scores you have of your 6 golfers for the week. This is whether they make the cut(s) or not. I do not know if that will come into play but it will make things interesting along the way.

The total points of your best 4 golfers for the week will be added together for your final score.

Here is the scoring system:

• Ace/Double Eagle: 10 points
• Eagle: 6 points
• Birdie: 3 points
• Par: 0 points
• Bogey: -1 points
• Double/Triple Bogey/Worse: -2 points

We'll use a tiebreaker system as well in case it is needed.

Example Entry

1. Tiger Woods
2. Brooks Koepka
3. Shane Lowry
4. Rory McIlroy
5. Graeme McDowell
6. Padraig Harrington

Tiebreaker #1 = Total score in relation to par (i.e. -11)
Tiebreaker #2 = Lowest round of the tournament (i.e 65)

***If we still have a tie, the pot splits into equal portions

Strategy:

This will be a fun test because you will need to mix your team with some solid guys, some guys you know will make the cut and also a guy or two who could help with lots of birdies and not too many blow-up holes.

Rules:

-No aliases
-All entries must be in by 1:30 am eastern on Thursday, July 18th
-One entry per member
-Have fun, talk smack. I do this to reward our great members and for us to enjoy the 'off-season'.

Prize: 75.00 Cash +25.00 Cash from a Member = 100.00 Cash

Last edited:
I won't lie, it is gonna be tough for me to get standings done during the week. I am pretty busy tomorrow for about 16 hours and Saturday is just a horrific day.

Good times.

I know there is just winner, but would it be possible to see the top 3 and points scored? Curious how close it is in the end... If you do, thanks! If you don't, not a big deal...

I know there is just winner, but would it be possible to see the top 3 and points scored? Curious how close it is in the end... If you do, thanks! If you don't, not a big deal...
My apologies i worked 12 hours yesterday and another few this morning. I'll get right on it when I get home.

No rush I don't mean to put the squeeze on you. Just would like to see a few of the overall scores... If it's too hard or too much trouble it's obv not a big deal. Thanks BAR

No rush I don't mean to put the squeeze on you. Just would like to see a few of the overall scores... If it's too hard or too much trouble it's obv not a big deal. Thanks BAR
I totally understand. Pretty much each major this year I've had something going on work or life-wise so I couldn't be on top of it. Next year I'll do a spreadsheet that I can quickly post so everyone can stay updated.

Back