***2019 Recruiting Thread***

Per usual, this could get ugly for LSU if no Ish

Sure we are the only team that bitches and melts over top5 recruiting classes, but when TWO of the teams in front are not only in your conference but your DIVISION

you can see why

Bama it is

Be Phidarian.

this is so bad for perception for LA

I wish nothing bad, but I wonder how he turns out....dropped a bunch and I saw a Country Day kid eat his shit

GL to him

how about LSU offers full ride for the brother and Bama offers a Grey

Amite Barbershop can fuck off

That place doesnt have talent for years now.....go back to obscurity

We had a nice one....BIG whiff on D line tho

until we get 5 star OT and DTs..........we can put as many people in the league as any. More than any

But aint winning w/o the above

Yeah, just saw this.

Jorja Bag alive and well.

Easily the worst offenders in the nation right now.
At least they're not siccing the Klan on 'em, as they did with Herschel. Or at least I think they're not.

Last edited:
So, how everyone feel about their overall classes?
Pretty mediocre class for Clemson on paper. A big need was DT (as we lost both starters and the top backup), and we have three early enrollees getting tons of reps now because the two projected starters (Pinckney and Williams) are out with injuries). Early reports are positive.

The 2020 class is going to be a monster.

New number one class

LSU is on some shit right now

Really amazing considering what Clemson HAD been doing

LSU going NATIONAL baby

Another 5* commits to Clemson. Clemson pulled RB Demarkcus Bowman out of Gator territory.

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/...e-clemson-tigers-big-recruit-florida-football

Clemson gained a sudden verbal commitment from 5-star running back Demarkcus Bowman today. Bowman comes to Clemson from Lakeland, Florida (Lakeland) and is listed at 5-9, 191 pounds. He is the #2 running back in the 2020 class per the 247Sports Composite and the #17 player overall. Bowman picked Clemson over Georgia and longtime leader Florida. The Tigers took the lead in his recruitment during the spring, and he has been on campus at least three times during 2019. These visits, especially to both Junior Days so far this year, allowed Bowman to bond with others in the class and plan what is ahead.

Jeff Scott is listed as the primary recruiter for Bowman and may have sealed the deal when he visited Lakeland on May 1st. Tony Elliott also assisted during the recruitment. Between Elliott’s patience for offering running backs and Scott’s pull in Florida, this recruitment blossomed like a well executed draw play. Lakeland is a longtime University of Florida pipeline and pulling Bowman from Florida could not have been done in years past. Clemson’s branding has reached a new level in the past year and the results of this class are the spoils.

Bowman gives Clemson three public 5-Star composite recruits, joining Fred Davis and Bryan Bresee.

5-Star QB DJ Uiagalelei Commits to Clemson

The 5-star from St. John Bosco in Bellflower, California, is 6-4, 240, and is the #1 ranked QB in the 2020 class.

No. 1 overall in class of 2020 -- DL Bryan Bresee -- made his commitment to Clemson public today.

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/...ecruit-bryan-bresee-commits-to-clemson-tigers

Gave his girlfriend a “cheerleading” scholarship to seal deal. Guess she’s as deserving as our grandmas and won’t even be on team.

LSU doing great I see but all about if they can ever get a QB, then fend off Bama, UGA.

Saw a mock draft for 2020 with 8 or 9 of top 18 being Bama players. Clemson with Lawrence and everybody else and all these new 5 stars for 2020. I’ll just root for Michigan to win the big 10 each year, chances of winning a Natty for anyone but Bama Clemson over the next 5-10 seem moot. Maybe UGA, LSU if QB or OSU if Day is amazing but everyone playing for third these days and only can count on one hand teams with realistic shot.

NCAAF is the new NBA. That sickens and saddens me.

Gave his girlfriend a “cheerleading” scholarship to seal deal. Guess she’s as deserving as our grandmas and won’t even be on team.

LSU doing great I see but all about if they can ever get a QB, then fend off Bama, UGA.

Saw a mock draft for 2020 with 8 or 9 of top 18 being Bama players. Clemson with Lawrence and everybody else and all these new 5 stars for 2020. I’ll just root for Michigan to win the big 10 each year, chances of winning a Natty for anyone but Bama Clemson over the next 5-10 seem moot. Maybe UGA, LSU if QB or OSU if Day is amazing but everyone playing for third these days and only can count on one hand teams with realistic shot.

NCAAF is the new NBA. That sickens and saddens me.
Ten years is a long time, and you never know. It was just five years ago that Oregon and Ohio State were in the title game even after Bama had won three titles in five years (compared to two in five since then). Georgia will continue its lights-out recruiting and will keep its outstandfing OL coach, and I would project Georgia to remain clser to Clemson/Bama than to the rest of the pack. Oklahoma and Ohio State are good bets to continue to round out the top 5, although there will be challenges from some other SEC teams (LSU, Auburn, Florida, possibly TAMU), Notre Dame, and places like Texas, Penn State, and Michigan. Some day FSU and perhaps Miami will be back, and maybe Ore/Wash/USC will put something together.

Ten years is a long time, and you never know. It was just five years ago that Oregon and Ohio State were in the title game even after Bama had won three titles in five years (compared to two in five since then). Georgia will continue its lights-out recruiting and will keep its outstandfing OL coach, and I would project Georgia to remain clser to Clemson/Bama than to the rest of the pack. Oklahoma and Ohio State are good bets to continue to round out the top 5, although there will be challenges from some other SEC teams (LSU, Auburn, Florida, possibly TAMU), Notre Dame, and places like Texas, Penn State, and Michigan. Some day FSU and perhaps Miami will be back, and maybe Ore/Wash/USC will put something together.
Wake me up “some day”. Until then, it’s Bama and Clemson and whatever other couple teams a year are sacrificed in the playoffs. Main difference from when Bama reigned is Clemson now just as powerful. So 2 world powers. Of course all things come to an end, but I don’t see one in sight for another 5

Back