***2019 Recruiting Thread***

The Quavarius Crouch recruitment is so interesting to watch. Apparently he decides today now and signs but won't announce till his asg. Clemson was the favorite over Mich most of the fall but then he visited Tenn a week ago and they 'suddenly' became the favorite again(way back they were his initial favorite). Rumor as of last night is Clemson is now out and it's down to UT/UM at the end with Tenn the most likely choice. Whoever gets him, gets a good one... Seems like a real good kid.

Pilot Oil is writing some checks
As we talked about earlier, it is Ole Miss 5 years later.

Laquon Treadwell is somewhere smiling.

Crouch loved Tenn to begin with but they faded because he wanted to go to a team that won rivalry games/big games.

So, Mich fell back after Nov 24th a bit and Dabo had him sealed it seemed.

Now, one in-home a week ago and he's a Volunteer.

Odd, great kid though... and his grandma will be close to attend but still the other signings/transfers are more suspicious.

As we talked about earlier, it is Ole Miss 5 years later.

Laquon Treadwell is somewhere smiling.

Crouch loved Tenn to begin with but they faded because he wanted to go to a team that won rivalry games/big games.

So, Mich fell back after Nov 24th a bit and Dabo had him sealed it seemed.

Now, one in-home a week ago and he's a Volunteer.

Odd, great kid though... and his grandma will be close to attend but still the other signings/transfers are more suspicious.

How so? Solomon makes a lot of sense when you look at the Vols current staff. Almost every single defensive coach was the lead recruiter for their team for Solomon coming out of school. Also, Crouch always seemed to fall in love with the last place he visited. Just so happens that Vols got an in-home and unofficial the week before signing. I’m sure if he hadn’t signed until February it could’ve been a different story.

Do you think everyone is paying a player if they don’t go to Michigan, but if they choose UM it’s because they are just good kids and love the school so much?

Do you think everyone is paying a player if they don’t go to Michigan, but if they choose UM it’s because they are just good kids and love the school so much?

Every team is dirty except mine. It's been the crux of college football fan logic since the internet was invented. And probably before then. But I don't date back that far haha.

I dont think we are clean. In fact, I know we are dirty. Publix gives our players crab legs. To speak of Bama, their players are just inherently rich. I mean driving Tahoes on 22" wheels that cost more than the house you grew up in is normal, right? I mean you have to get one to tote your two kids around while in school.

Trent Richardson’s 2011 Yukon With Nice Rims — Nothing To See Here

Last edited:
I dont think we are clean. In fact, I know we are dirty. Publix gives our players crab legs. To speak of Bama, their players are just inherently rich. I mean driving Tahoes on 22" wheels that cost more than the house you grew up in is normal, right? I mean you have to get one to tote your two kids around while in school.

Trent Richardson’s 2011 Yukon With Nice Rims — Nothing To See Here

I never said anything about Alabama being clean

I think every program outside of service academies has some level of booster involvement in recruiting, and it is largely the same across the country. I do not believe that bags of cash are all that prevalent. Same with cars, which are about the easiest thing to track in the world. Now it’s mostly setting up the families with jobs, lower than market rental homes etc. in the last decade I can only think of 2 instances where there was something beyond normal going on: Cam Newton and Ole Miss. The Alabama business with Albert Means in 2000 or whatever is the last time Alabama outright “bought” a player

I think every program outside of service academies has some level of booster involvement in recruiting, and it is largely the same across the country. I do not believe that bags of cash are all that prevalent. Same with cars, which are about the easiest thing to track in the world. Now it’s mostly setting up the families with jobs, lower than market rental homes etc. in the last decade I can only think of 2 instances where there was something beyond normal going on: Cam Newton and Ole Miss. The Alabama business with Albert Means in 2000 or whatever is the last time Alabama outright “bought” a player

Holy shit. Hahahaha.

If Indiana is dirty they are bad at it since tbey are paying for sub 500 teams.

I imagine the basketball schools spend more effort in that sport than football.

I guess I should clarified that I’m mainly speaking of P5 football schools. I doubt Oregon St and USC are doing the same thing.

My main point is that “buying” players is not as bad as what you accuse your rival of doing, nor as clean as you what you think your team is doing, in a general sense

I knew someone in Alabama compliance a few years ago, and it’s a pretty tight ship, as most things are under Saban. It would be incredibly difficult for an Alabama player to receive a car from outside the rules and them not know about it. And they have no interest in risking what they have on something like that. Not saying it can’t or hasn’t happened, but would have to be a very elaborate shell game. Cars are extremely easy to trace, that’s why I am skeptical that all these recruits are being given cars for signing with a particular school

I imagine the basketball schools spend more effort in that sport than football.

I guess I should clarified that I’m mainly speaking of P5 football schools. I doubt Oregon St and USC are doing the same thing.

My main point is that “buying” players is not as bad as what you accuse your rival of doing, nor as clean as you what you think your team is doing, in a general sense
I was just makin a joke about my shit school lol

I was just makin a joke about my shit school lol

I know, but I’m just saying schools like Indiana, UConn, Kansas, duke, Kentucky etc are probably relatively clean in football, but basketball is a different story

GPS, I hate when people assume a recruit went somewhere due to money. When the facts or at least rumors have significant legs to them I will absolutely say something.

I said it about Treadwell and Ole Miss 5-6 years ago. It proved to be true. It wasn't just speculation. That's just one instance.

I said Crouch is a great kid. He definitely could have just went to Tennessee, no doubt. The others are sketchy and people more in tune with that program than me or you basically are saying money is changing hands.

Rashan Gary's uncle was given an offer for 300,000 by Clemson. That isn't speculation, it happened.

Isaiah Prince family got money from Georgia. I won't say that is 100% fact but it is pretty close.

Every school has perks, some more than others. Yes, Michigan is a bit cleaner. The fucking kids are riding bikes around campus, not driving 50,000 vechicles. I am sure there have been other perks though throughout time, no doubt.

I never blamed Najee on cash. The kid enrolled at Michigan that December and ultimately went to Bama. I get it. Tua was his best bud and that was where he wanted to be. D'Shawn Hand wanted to go to Bama. Again, I get it back then.

I don't believe Mich lost any recruits to $$$ this year. Perhaps Crouch family got a bonus but again, that was his first school he wanted to go to. More power to him.

Even if college players were paid, this stuff would still happen. The reason the south is different is the college teams are your lifelines to sports (mostly). Up north, East and West we have pro teams in many sports. The fall literally doesn't make or break an entire state. That is one of the biggest differences obviously. Anyone knows that.

Was it a statement of fact that the ohio kid and his family were going to be killed at the hands of angry villagers if he selected michigan or simply message board rumor?

lolz

That was an interesting recruitment.

He really wanted no part of Meyer. He loves LJ.

He was enamored with both PSU and UM.

He was set to commit to UM on the 26th of November (he told all the recruits that,not just some fluff I read -- not to mention most Buckeye insiders believed this as well).

Obviously 2 days earlier changed his feelings. I get it, if he came here and was to go 0-3/1-2/1-3 vs his hometown team how could he live it down?

Mom always wanted him at OSU. He seemed to want to get out of the area.

I honestly thought for a few weeks that maybe he would use PSU as a compromise but the promotion of Day certainly helped.

This happens with just about every fan base but it was the quickest one I could find....so... here are some rational OSU fans 5-6 weeks ago talking Zack Harrison...

Bmurf35 said... (original post)​
Glad you made the switch Bill. Personally was never sold on him as he should have been committed months ago. Now Urban an Larry get to do what they do best and that is go get someone we thought we had no shot at and someone who will become a better player than Mr. Harrison. Personally I think the traits Harrison shows would be better suited for offense then defense. He just doesn’t jump off on film like he should for a guy so highly coveted.​
kdwosu said... (original post)​
Just so you know I have seen him and Stover play he can’t warm Stover up . I know that sounds like we lost a recruit but that is not the case.​
bobcat84 said... (original post)​
Have you ever watched him play? He is regularly hurt and never affects a game. I’ve seen him miss point blank one on one tackles. He would be backing up Jean Baptiste here for a couple years.​
I never understood the hype. Sawyer and Breese are the two we want.​
Was looking for a reason to not go to OSU, just like Jackson Carman.​
Weird, but I am nowhere near as taken with this player as those at this site. Looks like a 5 star, plays like a 3 star.​
I think he's soft and needs a program to toughen his ass up. Not sure TTUN is that. Hope he is a bust.​
I wanna say; maybe if he came to osu that acl wouldn’t have tore.​
I don’t want any health or well being for any kid that leaves Columbus for Michigan. I want to be able to point at Zach Harrison as a Ohio kid who left for Michigan failure for years to come.​
BBB5958 said... (original post)​
I’m not gonna pretend that this ain’t a big miss. Literally a hometown kid with a ton of potential in a need position...​
But I have watched this kid numerous times and his recruitment is based on potential. I watched him lose more reps than he won at many of the all star camps he has already shown a tendency to get injured. I’m not sold on this kid being the stud everyone has made him out to be. Chase young looked better and we have all seen how long he is taking to develop. Chase is eligible for draft after next year and if he plays next year like he did this year he is a 4th rounder at best. Potential can be a ruse. With that said I still hope everyone is wrong and the kid decides to stay home.​
cafaro12 said... (original post)​
This really doesn't bother me a bit. Kid is a freak athlete but by no means is he a great football player. I'd be hard pressed to call him good. Nothing about him jumps out in film that says he can dominate a FOOTBALL game. SO he's fast and big, seen a lot of those types not pan out in college. He won't see field at tOSU for 3 years minimum. I'm sick of the whole star rating crap. Chris Olave = 3* and is in the rotation before a lot of other WR's rated higher...​

So who's out there who didn't sign on the early signing day?

What team's going to make a splash in a couple weeks?

LSU about to strike out on the D LIne

Meatball gotta go

This is absurd

I dont even think Ish is that great, but it is about perception. Another Amite kid to the gumps

Why Young wouldnt want to be the man here......strange

Just look at Mathis Ish.....that what you want?

Back