***2018 Recruiting Thread***

It limits the options for poor families man...big time...not everyone has a 'guy' paying for their trips around the country...
we
just have to disagree here

LSU is including every other LA college in these camps

TX can hold camp in Texarkana, Orange, Tyler etc and be 1 to 2hrs away from LA soil......

kids can't go 1hr-2hrs away?

that shit doesn't fly today BAR cmon....if a kid can play, he will get seen bro

should LSU hold camp in Austin TX?

26 kids signed up fyi

Chatman decoms from LSU

part of the Rome trio

like him, but Anderson is the only one that matters to me....certainly shaky now

bama boards blowing up about only having 5 commits thus far

lsu boards blowin up about 22 (too many) thus far and not LSU quality

bama boards blowing up about only having 5 commits thus far

lsu boards blowin up about 22 (too many) thus far and not LSU quality

lol, Bama will be fine. They get to be picky and choosy.

Is the 22 commits...is that his style? To take a lot early?

Well,

We don't know. LA is down this year and many thought we would be hitting surrounding area harder. Some of these kids will get bumped, but people are freaking out about having this many kids this early and where they are as far as talent.

A few points:

Many say, O may not be a HC, but he obv can recruit. It seems he is trying to offer LA kids early and get back to putting the fence up(even tho LA is down, next year is LOADED so I think he wants to set the stage for his LA barricade)

The offensive players look a bit different and some attribute that to Canada being OC....mainly the RBs we are taking

No one really knows because it was done one way for so long and last year's class held together even with the change in staff

yeah the angst right now is premature. the new rules for backcounters, greyshirts, etc have forced Saban to not accept as many commitments as he normally would. I hope that this results in us no longer telling kids late in the game that they need to greyshirt or find a new team. Always left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know that Alabama will have a top 2 or 3 class, since the state has a down year and our needs aren't in the high profile positions, but I imagine it will be a great class

Yea the late greys and no takes are tough, but many times it is the kids' fault too

theynplay the game too long and when you are doing that with the big schools it can burn you

i know it can work the other way too, just sayin

Yea the late greys and no takes are tough, but many times it is the kids' fault too

theynplay the game too long and when you are doing that with the big schools it can burn you

i know it can work the other way too, just sayin

I agree with you, but the optics of it always favor the kid. And it probably should, especially in the cases where we take a kid early on who is either a marginal prospect, or someone who we could get to commit on the day before signing day if we wanted. But I think Saban has an addiction to recruiting, and he needs to scratch that itch by getting commitments from guys way before they should be taken. Especially if they are a candidate to be bumped in favor of some blue chip who is deciding late

And Jamarr Chase too

WR from LA.....was supposed to announce on NFL network a week or so ago....tv problems delayed or and so did he with his announcement.
Most thought he was going to TCU.....LSU was still in the picture but had work to do
looks like he was at FLA this weekend.....
i don't think this one sticks personally

I don't follow recruiting at all but Richt didn't do a good job recruiting? Seems like they always had a lot of great players throughout his time there.
he did ok

Kirby was very very shaky early.....picking up steam now

And Jamarr Chase too

WR from LA.....was supposed to announce on NFL network a week or so ago....tv problems delayed or and so did he with his announcement.
Most thought he was going to TCU.....LSU was still in the picture but had work to do
looks like he was at FLA this weekend.....
i don't think this one sticks personally

Chase on campus at LSU today WITH the family...FLA tried to block the visit.

We will see...

Michigan BBQ today.

Definitely someone committed last night and McGrone will commit Monday.

The 2019 class will be Harbaugh's best, no doubt. Huge group today.

Looks like you Bammers are gonna nab APB Slade Bolden West Monroe.....Bama picked up some late steam and he announces today......most thought TCU

I personally don't think that much of the kid(not just saying that, I will obv be upset when Bammers nab our good ones, IE LAST YEAR), curious what you all think

Looks like you Bammers are gonna nab APB Slade Bolden West Monroe.....Bama picked up some late steam and he announces today......most thought TCU

I personally don't think that much of the kid(not just saying that, I will obv be upset when Bammers nab our good ones, IE LAST YEAR), curious what you all think

Think he's considered a very good, but not quite elite prospect. He can play several positions. Wonder if this is part of the Daboll effect? We've offered a ton of TEs it seems even though we have several young ones on campus, and maybe Bolden is kind of that Edelman type WR? This year's recruiting is unlike any other year under Saban, I assume because of the new rules, so not sure what to make of the class just yet. I doubt we'll be #1, but I'd expect to end up in the top 5-7

Think he's considered a very good, but not quite elite prospect. He can play several positions. Wonder if this is part of the Daboll effect? We've offered a ton of TEs it seems even though we have several young ones on campus, and maybe Bolden is kind of that Edelman type WR? This year's recruiting is unlike any other year under Saban, I assume because of the new rules, so not sure what to make of the class just yet. I doubt we'll be #1, but I'd expect to end up in the top 5-7
exactly

Herman has been getting a lotta traction

I am actually excited again about Texas football again. Herman doesn't appear to be leaving any stone unturned.

This was from a local columnist earlier this week:

Tom Herman said the culture shock experienced by Longhorns football players upon his arrival in December was so severe, it was like “they were hit in the face with a frying pan.” Herman might be the single most competitive coach I’ve been around in 40-plus years. Asked why he’s so intense, he told our “On Second Thought” podcast that he “was raised on the value of hard work, and I fell in love with the intoxication of winning. And winning at the highest level is even more intoxicating. Winning became like a drug to me. I wanted it all the time.”

Wanna bump this

Interesting QB races now with injuries

Also, Clemson is looking like a real real strong Bama/Ohio St like show......on paper

They look so fucking good on the field.....and what may be coming!? My LORD....

Clemson been building with crootin for a minute...

Helps they throw cash around too...that and winning take ya places...

Clemson been building with crootin for a minute...

Helps they throw cash around too...that and winning take ya places...
They doing work BAR
Heavy
They plucked Etienne right outta LA when LSU went all in on Cam Akers......who as we know went to FSU
Etienne wanted to be a Tiger(LSU Tiger) his whole life.....LSU fucked that one up

I think he leads Clemson in rushing as a true frosh.....Clemson hasn't plucked a LA kid in quite a while I think....I bet Dabo gonna be spending a lil time down on da bayou going forward....

Justin Fields to UGA

Kirby Smart doin work....

They about to be WOKE

Bout to be nasty Nast in that East for the rest....

Fields may be best ever? Who transfers, Eason? Get why he would go to UGA logistically and family ties but Fromm and Eason still young studs there make it interesting. Though FSU was getting him.

Fields may be best ever? Who transfers, Eason? Get why he would go to UGA logistically and family ties but Fromm and Eason still young studs there make it interesting. Though FSU was getting him.
Figured Eason was gone after this year anyways, well before this...

Wasn't sure if he was redshirt Soph, not in loop as much as i used to be, thought he was true frosh last year. Nevertheless if so, had no idea he was looking at transferring.

What I meant by that, is that Fromm would have passed him up and he would transfer...was guessing UW...

Gotchya, basically for sure now. Still betting on playing ahead of Fromm if he continue success could be a 3-4 year wait. Just glad he's at UGA and not Bama or PSU.

Let's get it going again

NSD certainly different feel now with the December shit....

LSU has 3 spots left...
Pat Surtain Jr, Jamaar Chase, Mario Goodrich or Foster QB

That's the way we wanna finish......Surtain seems to have been LSU for a long fucking time, but Bammers are making us sweat it out a bit.....he is taking a visit to South Beach for shits and giggles is seems. He is a good kid and good fam, so he isn't going to let whichever team doesn't get him piss in the wind.....they will know. This kid looks to be the fucking deal...

Jamaar Chase.....looks to be LSU, even though it has been one wild fucking ride. For some reason Aubbie is in the picture now.....odd. I think this kid is every bit as good as Terrace Marshall, number one WR in the land and LSU commit right now

Mario Goodrich will likely play CB in CFB...he was a Nebby commit in the state of Missouri.....then the offers started flying in late and he rethought that commitment......LSU felt good for a few weeks, but Clemson picking up steam as is UGA(unreal.....fuck off GA, got enough players)....the kid just seems to be a ball of talent and could return kicks and punts and shit. I'll say Clemson

Foster the QB......odd here. LSU got some late traction for the Bama native, but they took 2 guys last cycle and it doesn't feel dire to nab one this cycle, but becomes a NECESSITY next go.....FSU has some steam for the dual threat and I think it's 50/50 there

If we miss on one, Glenn Beal the TE from right down the road at John Curtis comes into play......I think he wants LSU too, but is in wait mode......if there is no room, he goes to TAMU

LSU backed off Harold Joiner RB and the WR Watkins(whose recruitment has been a circus).....that can happen when you ain't 5 star and a spot saved.....you can get left out BIG Time now.....

I believe we get Foster on campus this week. We’ve picked up a few to raise our rankings from 70 ish to top 20. Taggert putting in work. If we don’t get Foster, there is no other QB on our radar. Given the style of play, we NEED a dual threat. Francois is no threat to run and Blackmon is 165 lbs, so there is that...

Back