***2018 Recruiting Thread***

Old Harbaugh got cancelled in NO.....smart by LSU

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The Tulane-Michigan connection went back to last year under Les Miles.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Harbaugh wanted in New Orleans with his staff and Tulane allowed them to join the one-day camp. From what I've gathered, that didn't sit well with Orgeron. He put in work this past month to see if things could get changed.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Low and behold, Tulane cancels Harbaugh and Michigan and invites LSU instead.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Tulane will host the camp, but LSU will appear at it with their coaches.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]I think Orgeron's comment to NOLA.com was telling. "We are excited to partner with Tulane and the great city of New Orleans to protect the state of Louisiana."[/FONT]

Pretty sure they knew that was coming, hence they already had the day double booked.

Excited for Joe Milton. He'll have time to grow. Remember that name in 3 years. We'll take his cousin next year too.

Btw, if Coach Fat wants to protect the state they might want to start with keeping Bama out. They get what they want out of there at anytime.

Btw, if Coach Fat wants to protect the state they might want to start with keeping Bama out. They get what they want out of there at anytime.
Lol

it is very hard to protect the state....last year sucked but it is hard to control the Bama bag men in certain parts of the state

your 2nd statement just isn't true though

plus, that is what we got Texas for

What's the thought there? Long hold for a far away kid......I like him tho

That statement holds less true for QB's, hence why most are committed so early. That is just such a different position as far as recruiting goes, it seems.

They like him a lot. Once it was pretty apparent that DTR was UCLA bound they focused on Milton the entire time both were visiting for Spring game. Milton also is cool with two QB's in his class as is the other kid who most likely will commit. Florida dropped the ball on Milton from everything I've read.

When kids aren't cool with other QBs in the class that means they have no chest

that is why last years LSU takes we're the best in years.......both want to compete and ain't skeered

Scout_0.jpg
Ben Bryant (Allen Trieu / Scout)
[h=1]La Grange (Ill) Lyons Township quarterback Ben Bryant forced to de-commit from Wisconsin after tweeting other offer[/h]
201611_10100435028032217_8602975_62401623_1060250_o.jpg

BENJAMIN WORGULLYesterday at 8:00 PM/ Originally published onBadger Nation

Wisconsin informed three-star quarterback Ben Bryant Friday that they are pulling his scholarship after a seemingly harmless post on social media about receiving another scholarship.
A tweet has apparently cost Ben Bryant a spot in Wisconsin’s 2018 recruiting class.

Committing to the Badgers since December, Bryant told BadgerNation that his offer was pulled by the coaching staff after posting on Twitter that he was offered a scholarship by Georgia.

“I got a call this morning from Wisconsin saying that there’s no longer a spot for me there because I posted that I got another offer,” Bryant said in a message. “Very disappointed.”

This was the tweet in question:

Humbled to receive an offer from The University of Georgia pic.twitter.com/o1wK07XVaZ
— Ben Bryant (@benbryant_7) May 12, 2017

Georgia was Bryant’s third offer but said that the offer had no impact on his commitment, even though he wasn’t in consistent communication with head coach Paul Chryst or offensive coordinator Joe Rudolph. Bryant committed back in December.

The news about Bryant comes exactly one week after the Badgers got a commitment from Cincinnati St. Xavier quarterback Chase Wolf. Bryant said he knew Wisconsin was planning to take two quarterbacks in the class and that Wolf’s commitment had no impact with him.

Bryant’s other offer is from Central Michigan but hopes his strong 7-on-7 season – plus the Georgia offer – will open more opportunities for him.

Any TCU guys on the board?
Horny Frogs are likely to nab a top 100 player and 3rd ranked player from LA....and they have been picking up some steam on
some others.....Anyone know the connection? LSU took two pretty good ones last cycle, so it is not dire, but interesting for sure

Any TCU guys on the board?
Horny Frogs are likely to nab a top 100 player and 3rd ranked player from LA....and they have been picking up some steam on
some others.....Anyone know the connection? LSU took two pretty good ones last cycle, so it is not dire, but interesting for sure

AND

they get the kid Coach Sonny was on early.......LSU got on too late and the B Harris things had to hurt

NOW, this stings like bloddy hell if he takes his best friend and #1 WR in the nation Terrace MArshall......but most think he will be a Tiger

The pressitups get Grant Gunnell

good get for them.....be a long stick with Sumlin, but a get either way

Hal Mumme to the rescue!

It is garbage for these lower rated kids, absolute garbage. SEC gonna SEC though.

<header style="box-sizing: inherit; font-family: ProximaNovaCond, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"><header class="" style="box-sizing: inherit;">[h=1]LSU's Reported Recruiting Pissing Contest With Texas Is Petty And Cruel[/h]</header>
Nick Martin
<time class="meta__time updated" datetime="2017-06-14T18:57:00-04:00" style="box-sizing: inherit;">Yesterday 6:57pm</time>Filed to: LSU TIGERS<svg class="svg-icon svg-chevron chevron--bottom"><use xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="#iconset-chevron-right"></use></svg>

<svg class="svg-icon giant stroked svg-flame--giant"><use xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="#iconset-flame--giant"></use></svg>34.1K​
<svg class="svg-icon giant stroked svg-bubble--giant"><use xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="#iconset-bubble--giant"></use></svg>40<svg class="svg-icon giant stroked svg-star--giant"><use xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="#iconset-star--giant"></use></svg>2<svg class="svg-icon giant stroked svg-tools--giant"><use xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="#iconset-tools--giant"></use></svg>

</header><figure class="js_marquee-assetfigure align--bleed" style="box-sizing: inherit; max-width: 3084px; margin: 0px auto 1.5rem; clear: left;"><svg class="svg-icon svg-zoom-in"><use xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="#iconset-zoom-in"></use></svg>
<source class="ls-small-media-source" data-srcset="https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--NaRtZ_KB--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/sievkyekugfcn5iv4l98.jpg" media="(max-width: 599px)" sizes="686px" srcset="https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--NaRtZ_KB--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/sievkyekugfcn5iv4l98.jpg" style="box-sizing: inherit;"><source data-srcset="https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--NaRtZ_KB--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/sievkyekugfcn5iv4l98.jpg" media="(max-width: 1487px)" sizes="686px" srcset="https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--NaRtZ_KB--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/sievkyekugfcn5iv4l98.jpg" style="box-sizing: inherit;"><source data-srcset="https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--NaRtZ_KB--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/sievkyekugfcn5iv4l98.jpg" sizes="686px" srcset="https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--NaRtZ_KB--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/sievkyekugfcn5iv4l98.jpg" style="box-sizing: inherit;">
sievkyekugfcn5iv4l98.jpg
</picture>
<figcaption style="box-sizing: inherit; position: relative; font-family: ProximaNovaCond, sans-serif; color: rgb(170, 170, 170); font-size: 15px; line-height: 21px; margin-top: 0.5rem;">Photo Credit: Chris Graythen/Getty Images</figcaption>
</figure>Ed Orgeron was hired to be LSU’s head coach on Nov. 26; Tom Herman signed on for the same position at Texas on Nov. 27, reportedly after turning LSU down. Both are now in the midst of their first full spring heading up their programs, which consists of spring practices, hitting the recruiting trail, and, apparently, using state politicians to shut down recruiting camps of out-of-state opponents.

LSU and Texas are currently taking part in an incredibly petty and ultimately immoral battle over who gets to recruit in the state of Louisiana, according to Sports Illustrated’s Pete Thamel. SI reported early Wednesday that Texas—this time, in conjunction with Houston, Cornell and Belhaven—had its third Louisiana-based satellite camp cancelled by local and state politicians acting on LSU’s behalf.
According to SI, the first iteration of the most recent camp was scheduled for Thursday and had the location slated at a stadium near Belhaven, a D-III school in Baton Rouge, for which Belhaven coaches agreed to pay $500. But “political pressure” placed on a high school coach “threatened the stadium agreement.” After the deal was signed, Belhaven head coach Hal Mumme spoke with an assistant superintendent who “invoked a loophole in the paperwork,” forcing the camp out of the stadium.

According to Thamel, who spoke with Mumme Tuesday evening, the former Kentucky coach then signed an agreement with Saint Thomas Aquinas High School in Hammond, La., where one of his former players is the head coach—the ink had barely dried when Saint Thomas administrators called him back to inform him that “pressure from LSU” would yet again leave the four teams without a camp. The cancellation cost Belhaven $5,000.
Madison Prep’s Mike Roach, one of the coaches that helped cobble together the doomed Baton Rouge deal, told Thamel he believes the camp was cancelled by LSU and pointed out that he recently coached three players that went to other Power Five programs, none of which were recruited by LSU:
“We’re in LSU’s backyard,” said Mike Roach, the coach at Madison Prep in Baton Rouge and the father of Texas player Malcolm Roach. “Louisiana home cooking may have played a part in it.”​
The five-star recruits being denied facetime with a Texas assistant are being harmed by LSU’s political bullying, but the larger group of victims in this childish attempt to protect state lines are the high school football prospects that neither team is attempting to recruit. Five-star recruits that programs like LSU and Texas recruit aren’t always going to turn out in droves at one of their satellite camps; it’s going to filled with one- and two-star players looking to impress the coaches at Belhaven, Cornell, and Houston. Now, thanks to LSU’s repeated actions—this is the third time this recruiting season that the Tigers have had a hand in chasing the Longhorns from the state—the unheralded players in their state have been denied an otherwise golden opportunity to speak with coaches that they would otherwise be unable to interact with.

Louisiana high school coaches were already frustrated with Orgeron over staff decisions; him attempting to deny outside schools access to a state that produces the NCAA’s third-highest percentage of high school recruits has, predictably, not gone over smoothly with prep coaches who just want to send as many of their players to college as possible.
“If you are the head coach at LSU, you should want the other kids in your state to have an opportunity,” Mumme said. “Ed needs to think about those kids that aren’t going to get a scholarship to LSU. I’ve been in the SEC as the coach of the (flagship) university of the state. You have show respect to those other kids as well.”
A month ago, Orgeron told SI, “protecting the state of Louisiana is always going to be my job as the coach of LSU.” That’s all fine and good, but Ed, for the state of Louisiana’s sake, just stop being a dick.

I didnt write this, but this says it for me:

[FONT=&quot]Texas doesn't come to Louisiana for a camp, and all the sudden they leak to media that Ed O doesn't care about Louisiana players. Though LSU will have double-digit in-state colleges at every camp they host this month in Baton Rouge, putting double-digit college eyes on all the players who come - who normally probably wouldn't go to the camps at those schools.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So many levels to this, but I guess I don't see the major issue here. These kids have eyes on them like never before with HUDL, camps, etc. If you can play, you are going to get a chance. Texas or Michigan not having a camp in Louisiana doesn't hurt that, and I definitely don't think those two schools not being in Louisiana is something O should take heat for. He's doing what's best for LSU, and he's also used all these camps to push the overall Louisiana product.[/FONT]

deadspin
gonna
deadspin

laughable...

Haven't even read their article.

I mean, it isn't just this..it goes back to the whole issue of getting exposure for kids and the fact not all of them can afford to go to camps farther away...

It is a lose-lose situation for the kids, nothing more and nothing less.

if you think that is the agenda BAR.....c'mon

This is a UT-LSU battle and Herman trying to get Hal to bust the D3 loophole for him

you know that

If a kid is good, he will get seen...period

Back