2017 Survivor Discussion

I’m the only one on NE in my pool today, which scares me a little. Good news is if they win and I can get a miraculous outcome-giants win, browns win, redskins win, bills win-then I could win the pool today. Even though I am a chiefs fan, I wouldn’t be sad if the giants won as that would knock out 20 out of 31

I’ve got Jax and LAC available to me, but the other 13 people in the pool have already used Jax. So while I think the Chargers are the safer play, gonna roll with Jax and hope the browns can miraculously eek out a win

Still alive, really struggling with this weeks pick. Always planned on taking KC this week, but not sure I can back that dumpster fire.

Thinking Cincy instead

Cinci has a ton of injuries right now. That game on Monday night was brutal for them. They also don't tend to fare well after playing the Steelers & their playoff hopes were quashed by blowing that 17 point lead at home.

Bengals are 14-14 under Marvin in the next game following the Steelers. Not far off from Marvin's overall record. Can't believe this is his 15th season there.

Yep, I can’t back cincy in their physical and mental condition. Can’t back Buffalo with their injuries. Won’t back SD cause I don’t trust them and I think Washington is dangerous.

All I am left with is backing my Chiefs and hoping they show up for a must win game at home for them.

Down to the nitty gritty. Lost a couple this past week, but not as many as I would have thought or liked. Thought more would be on Cincy but there was only one. Had a very wide range of picks. We also had quite a few get very lucky with the GB comeback.

But down to 9 people remaining. And I don't really have a lot of options this week. Was hoping Rodgers was not going to play and would have taken Carolina this week. But now I don't want any part of that game.

Only other two realistic options I have are Baltimore and Buffalo. Leaning Baltimore at this point but absolutely hate taking road teams. Baltimore is fighting for a playoff spot so there is that. Also, wonder if Cleveland is let down after last week's collapse and now is just downtrodden. I don't trust Buffalo, but they are also fighting for the last playoff spot. Miami riding high after a big win so not thinking I want to mess with that.

Baltimore would seem like your best bet, considering their defense is usually pretty strong & Kizer is a turnover machine. Buffalo isn't too bad a choice as a secondary pick though. I think Miami played their Superbowl on Monday & now has to travel to 25 degree temps & possibly more snow & on a short week.

Still alive, team options are running low. We didn’t lose anyone last week so still 9 left.

Pretty much dead set on Carolina for this week and actually feel pretty good about it as most have used them already and/or will be using Baltimore. Bucs on a short week, and Panthers need a win to clinch a playoff spot. So I can take Carolina and then hope Indy shows up and beats Baltimore.

Got some secondary options but barring injury news doubt I waver from that.

Next week is when it’s gonna be real interesting with teams sitting players, etc. was planning on Rams all along but they may be locked into place by then, and the Niners are no longer a door mat, so that may suck for me. So actually hoping Chargers win this week and other things fall into place so they are in a ‘win and you are in’ scenario against the raiders next week.

But I digress, go Panthers!

I am still alive as well....2 people had Carolina and one dallas....I hate dirk...he should have punted and not tried that FG.....pin them deep and make cam go 90 and beat you with a TD...on to next week I'm locked into Baltimore next week as of now....although Cincy showed some life this week.....

I am still alive as well....2 people had Carolina and one dallas....I hate dirk...he should have punted and not tried that FG.....pin them deep and make cam go 90 and beat you with a TD...on to next week I'm locked into Baltimore next week as of now....although Cincy showed some life this week.....
Ha, your curse the Bucs, and I want to kiss their ass. Love survivor. So I am still alive (luckily) as well and I am having a tough choice this week, as week 17 is always hard to predict motivation.

I think Baltimore is a very safe play this week. They are in the enviable "win and you are in" situation. While Cincy showed some life last week, we all know who Detroit is on the road. I would not expect they have the same success on the road @ Baltimore with what they have on the line. I would take them if I had them.

There are a lot of safe teams this week, like NE, PIT, and Minnesota, but most of them are gone off of people's choices. I was planning on taking the Rams but not going to. SF looks 'good' and Rams are playing for nothing. The way the NFL scheduled things all 4 teams vying for the last spot in the AFC are the later games. So no locking in a team only to see them give up because something they need to happen didn't happen in the early slate.

I think I am going to be taking the Chargers. Jaguars said they are not resting players, and even if believable the Titans have looked god awful the last 5 games. They are also "win and you are in" like Baltimore but I don't trust them the way they have been playing. Don't have Baltimore to take or I would. Buffalo is an interesting choice but they are on the road and I like to avoid that if possible. Miami seems to have beaten the Patriots and called that good for the year. But they did give Buffalo a run two weeks ago in the snow so would not want to rest my hopes on them. Chargers are at least at home and the Raiders have looked really, really bad lately. I have a fear of the Chargers always being in close games, and then looking up at the scoreboard and seeing Tennessee winning and losing their will to play, but that is a risk I have to take. Even second best I think they can take out the raiders the way they are playing.

Good luck to us Mook. Hopefully we both win. Playoffs is a whole other ball game of this type of contest so will need to rely on our collective heads and the input of CTG to help us out.

Im alive as well. My pool has been picking two teams since week 13. Im down to slim pickings big time. Im pretty much forced to take Indy and Buffalo this week. Gotta give the Niners serious consideration now that the Rams are pretty much sitting everyone.

Looking at the other guys left another has Baltimore left as well and the other guy im going to assume is taking Detroit....I am not sure how the tie breaker works in mine honestly.... but yup good luck to us brother....

Damn man stool alive picking two that's impressive.... good luck.... picking Indy has to be the worst feeling ever haha

I cant believe two of us have lasted this long. Im also in first place in a massive confidence pool with one week left too. Im looking at these games this week and its making me sick to my stomach. I cant tell who is playing for what at this point and who is already checked out. Id hate to lose the lead when shitty teams are beating good teams because they sat everyone at halftime.

Back