aplous

Donkey Hater
Lets get it going. Week 1 leans:

Pats
Falcs....road game outdoors tho
Steez....I think Cleveland could be frisky this year
Texans....still Tom Savage
Bills....could be Nate Peterman at QB

I lean Pitt #1, Pats a distant #2. I can live with it if the Kizer figures out a way to win week 1. Pats are a team that usually clunks up one stinker in the first four games, gotta be careful with that.

Why burn NE now against a team with one of the better chances of upsetting them when you can pretty much use them any week you're stuck for a pick later? Way too much future value to use them week 1 imo.

As much as I try to avoid road teams I think I'm taking Atlanta for Sunday. Hoping to get by and hold Pitt for a lean week 5.

Don't think Texans need a qb to handle jags at home. Stadium should be emotionally charged and the defense can win this w minimal effort from
The offense.. honestly think bears gonna make that game scary tough for atl.

The road mapped out be printyourbrackets.com

nfl-survivor-pool-picks.png

Steeler game just gives me a funny feeling....surely they win but I don't like it.

Surest bet on the board Brady 50-1 SU at home v AFC

Pats are clear choice, Rams second. Cross off division and road games, and that is what is left. Unfortunately I am going rams, I know the idea of using pats later makes sense, but you also can't use them later if you lose....

I think someone posted an article last year, but what is everyone's thoughts of loading up early on the "gimmes" based on the fact that others may fall out earlier trying to pick the shittier teams to win?

I like Bills this week, might be one of the few wins they experience this year they seem to be in a clear tank mode..

Bills, Houston, Pats, Rams are ones i'm targeting this week

For me, I think I'm more likely to lose early trying to save the better teams. Pick the near sure things early, there will be teams later on that you never would have thought of early in the season.

For me, I think I'm more likely to lose early trying to save the better teams. Pick the near sure things early, there will be teams later on that you never would have thought of early in the season.

I tend to agree with this strategy and wanted to follow it with a Steelers selection. And, through out the rest of the season I think I will employ this strategy primarily. That being said, going to violate every principle and perhaps go down in flames in week #1.

You can never really trust the Texans -ever. I'll take them this week @ home, but in division and with a "Savage" @ QB.:eek: May go down in flames 1st week, but I think it's probably a winner and if they do win I can forget them for the year.

I tend to agree with this strategy and wanted to follow it with a Steelers selection. And, through out the rest of the season I think I will employ this strategy primarily. That being said, going to violate every principle and perhaps go down in flames in week #1.

You can never really trust the Texans -ever. I'll take them this week @ home, but in division and with a "Savage" @ QB.:eek: May go down in flames 1st week, but I think it's probably a winner and if they do win I can forget them for the year.
angle for most is probably the emotional factors at play here with the flooding and JJ's work being done

angle for most is probably the emotional factors at play here with the flooding and JJ's work being done

It worked for the Saints after Katrina. Though that was a game against a rival and the Saints were a fair amount better than the current Texans.

Don't save teams. Don't worry/look at what others in your pool picked. Just win and move on....

I am in a few of these - Like Bills and Houston.
Pitt and Atlanta both scare me this week..

Went with Buffalo, never in doubt. Think I may go back to the well and take the Raiders against the Jets this week. Raiders looked pretty good against the Titans

for the most part, won't people just be fading the niners, jets and indy until luck comes back?

for the most part, won't people just be fading the niners, jets and indy until luck comes back?

Yes. And the Browns, though I think they may be a good bit better than last year.

The two most picked teams will be the Raiders and Seahawks this week. Both at home playing bad teams.

Easy win with Oakland, on to week 3.

Obvious play is New England. Do you continue to fade the Jets? Miami on the road in a division game? Seems like there are better plays than that. Philly hosting the NYG? Dallas at 'Zona? That's about all I can come up with at first glance

Pats.....GB.......Tenn

And I actually don't feel so comfortable with the last 2 for some reason

Actually going to go pats this week I think

I'm down to Philly or Ten. Leaned Miami but I'm staying away after reading some thoughts in a few other threads.

Went GB. Houston D has enough to give Brady fits given he doesn't have his full menu of weapons. Cinci has shown nothing on either side of the ball, GB should spank them coming off a loss.

Was almost a complete bloodbath at least in my pool, but NE and GB hung on. If those 2 had lost, my pool would be down to the remaining 5% of entries. As it is, half are already out. Really only looking at GB and Atlanta. Hate picking a Thursday night game, but don't see the Bears going into Lambeau and winning. Atlanta is the team I lost on last year when they had a 2 point attempt returned in the 4th quarter, so I feel they own me one. Don't trust Seattle at all. Kind of like KC

I don't trust Seattle, but I think this will be the week that I take them and hope they work out. Defense is still solid. I don't think Indy has enough without Luck to ever score on them. It's either now or home against SF as the only options for Seattle so I am taking it now.

Funny things happen in Arrowhead in primetime, so I would not be comfortable with that game. I am saving KC til later at home v chargers or dolphins.

Tough week. Sea or Dallas likely. I hate taking road teams but Cincy showed life with their new OC, I may take them against the Browns.

Think I'm going to keep GB for week 7 hosting New Orleans. Leaning Atlanta, but could talk myself into Seattle

Took GB in one of my pools last night.
don't like Seattle -- that team is a mess.

lean Atlanta and KC

Tough week this week. Pittsburg a good choice if you haven't taken them. After them you are banking on teams that have been unreliable at best.

Philly is the next best option, especially after what the Cards just showed, but I have never trusted the eagles.

Could be a good spot for the Giants, but how do you back that dumpster fire?

Fade the Jets with a Browns play, but how in gods name can you risk a survivor pick on the Browns?

Raider without Carr, no thanks even if it is the ravens.

NE usually responds well after a loss, but on the road on a short week is not something I like.

Other than that a bunch of Junk.

Think I am going to take one of the two teams from Pennsylvania this week

Not sure about you guys, but my pools have been a bloodbath so far. If SF would have held on this past week would have been even worse

In one pool, where you can pick the same team as many times as you want, we are down from 500 to 80.

In my other, traditional survivor, we are down from 2000 to 250.

Pitt is my #1 choice, using them in 1 league. Other league I used Pitt week 1 so going with Philly. Don't love them but AZ off an OT game and headed all the way out east, feels like a Palmer 3 INT game. One league is down from 300 to 66 after ATL, NE, DAL last week.

Back