2017-2018 Coaching Carousel...Willie the latest...

That thing at Arizona State sounds like it is going to go terrible. New cellar dweller in the South.

Josh Heupel hired as UCF HC. He immediately hired Randy Shannon to be his DC.

With Frost recruiting for Nebraska and with early signing upon us, I would imagine Heupel no longer has any duties related to his OC post at Missouri and for the bowl but I have not read definitively.

Interesting to see what Oregon do. Taggart did well, went 6-1 in games Herbert started. Phil Knight will open the cheque book to get somebody.

I can't believe ASU paid $12 million to replace Graham with Herm, and keep all the staff

Meanwhile, at Tennessee...

Interesting to see what Oregon do. Taggart did well, went 6-1 in games Herbert started. Phil Knight will open the cheque book to get somebody.

I can't believe ASU paid $12 million to replace Graham with Herm, and keep all the staff

Meanwhile, at Tennessee...
Heard it's Pruitt as HC. Freeze was mentioned as OC but Tee Martin seems he may get the nod and Lupoi as DC

Last edited:
Well as soon as I posted that.......

Tennessee has offered the job to Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt. The parties are discussing details tonight. A potential hang up is whether Pruitt would be allowed to coach Alabama in the college football playoffs

Heard it's Pruitt as HC. Freeze was mentioned as OC but Tee Martin seems he may get the nod and Lupoi as DC

We are expecting Tosh to be the next DC at Alabama, but I guess it's possible he leaves with Pruitt

It never occurs to that writer (Canzano) that maybe the AD wanted a larger buyout and a noncompete but Taggart wouldn't agree to it. Maybe he negotiated the best deal that Taggart would accept.

Think they learned their lesson, have to imagine they go with a WC guy now...actually I'm not really sure if anything happened to the program due to Chip or not. But with that fat check book, they can still recruit well in Seattle and be plenty competitive with UW there, and the Northern Cal Oregon can go nuts with admission requirements compared to Stanford (who will obv recruit nationally) and Berkeley (who will recruit hippies :)) Better get this one right Ducks.

We are expecting Tosh to be the next DC at Alabama, but I guess it's possible he leaves with Pruitt
I've heard both. If it were me..... why leave a DC job @ Bama to be a DC in Knoxville?
Also hearing this am that Tee Martin may have been offered OC but is turning it down

Ya why would he go OC from USC, a private school, to OC at UT?

That's a shittin' on

I believe UT made a good choice, but Tee is better off at USCw. Hevwas a candidate for HC, or st least rumored to be. This will make multiple times that Fulmer has turned him down. First as a grad assistant, 2nd as a QB coach. You'd have to be a fool to accept this as a professional.

I believe UT made a good choice, but Tee is better off at USCw. Hevwas a candidate for HC, or st least rumored to be. This will make multiple times that Fulmer has turned him down. First as a grad assistant, 2nd as a QB coach. You'd have to be a fool to accept this as a professional.
Man in the few times I went to Knoxville they still anoint Peyton as the patron saint yet he won exactly one less national title than Tee and one less game against the Gators

Kinda made my decision there...saw him teeing off (pun intended) out here once and chose to leave it alone but there's gotta be a chip

Leavitt to remain Oregon’s DC

By Matt Baker, Times Staff Writer
Published: December 18, 2017
Updated: December 18, 2017 at 11:16 PM

Former USF football coach Jim Leavitt isn’t coming back to the state after all.

Leavitt will remain at Oregon as its defensive coordinator, a position that will earn him a cool $1.7 million annually, Sports Illustrated reported late Sunday. Leavitt was in the mix to follow former Ducks coach Willie Taggart to Florida State.

Leavitt will be one of the highest-paid coordinators in the country. LSU defensive coordinator Dave Aranda is paid $1.8 million and Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables is paid $1.7 million, according to a record of coaching salaries compiled by USA Today.

The Seminoles previously announced the hiring of former USF assistant (and Miami Central High) head coach Telly Lockette. He will coach tight ends. Oregon running backs coach Donte Pimpleton will follow Taggart to FSU, according to NBC Sports Northwest.

Sonny Dykes SMU

And he is coaching the team for the bowl. I can't ever remember that; a new incoming HC going to coach the team in their upcoming bowl game. Reading that Morris took most of the O staff with him but the D staff is intact. Dykes is letting the D group handle their own scouting, practices and prep. GA GJ Kinne is OC for the bowl.

The Arizona State deal just keeps going downhill.

The OC and DC both left, even though the AD made Herm agree to keep them. It makes no sense at all, but the AD then said he would be the one to decide on who the new OC and DC will be.

Sounds to me like the AD wants to run the football program.

The Arizona State deal just keeps going downhill.

The OC and DC both left, even though the AD made Herm agree to keep them. It makes no sense at all, but the AD then said he would be the one to decide on who the new OC and DC will be.

Sounds to me like the AD wants to run the football program.

Ontop of all of that, Graham actually coaching the team for the bowl right? Very strange happenings there all around.

ASU added Dave Christensen as their OL coach. He's an asshole, the players and other coaches hated him in his short time at Utah.

Leavitt keeps K-State clause in new Oregon contract
  • Staff and wire reports
  • Dec 20, 2017
Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt signed a new contract with Oregon that retains the clause that would allow him to leave without paying a buyout if K-State hires him as head coach.

The new contract pays Leavitt $1.7 million a year through 2022.

The K-State clause was written into his original contract. He would owe Oregon $500,000 if he left for a job other than the K-State job before Jan. 21, 2019.

Last month The Mercury reported that former athletic director John Currie had worked on a deal to make Leavitt K-State’s head coach-in-waiting, but Snyder didn’t agree to it. Leavitt is a former K-State assistant for Snyder.

Back