2017-2018 Coaching Carousel...Willie the latest...

If Nebraska can't land Frost, which at this point looks like they will the next best option for a program like theirs to turn things around is Craig Bohl hands down
don't see that happening. one, frost is coming. two, we already fired him once.

Alex Tongue, I saw the same story you did about Oregon State hiring Baldwin and several other stories confirming it, but now ESPN and others are saying Jonathon Smith--former Beaver QB--has been hired as head coach.

No explanation so far for why the other story was never retracted.

Maybe Baldwin came to his senses.

Damn good get. Interesting to see how Penn State go without him

Amazing that an SEC school got a coach that wasn't a Saban assistant, wasn't their 4th choice (Florida) or just a complete fucking shambles.

Hear PSU will get ASU OC Napier with Bama and Clemson pedigree.

Messy St had rumor going Moorhead would bring Dom Brown as DC. I laughed, the story was later refuted and squashed.

Team ................. 2017 Coach............... 2018 Coach
Arizona State ........ Todd Graham..............
Arkansas ............... Bret Bielema...............
Florida .................. Jim McElwain ...............Dan Mullen
Georgia Southern ..Tyson Summers ........ Chad Lunsford
Kent State ............. Paul Haynes ..............
Mississippi State ....Dan Mullen ................ Joe Moorhead
Nebraska ...............Mike Riley....................
Ole Miss ................Matt Luke (I)................. Matt Luke
Oregon State........Gary Andersen..............Jonathan Smith
Rice........................David Bailiff .................
South Alabama .......Joey Jones ................
Tennessee ..............Butch Jones ...............
Texas A&M ............Kevin Sumlin ...............
UCLA .....................Jim Mora ..................... Chip Kelly
UTEP ....................Sean Kugler ................. vk

Alex Tongue, I saw the same story you did about Oregon State hiring Baldwin and several other stories confirming it, but now ESPN and others are saying Jonathon Smith--former Beaver QB--has been hired as head coach.

No explanation so far for why the other story was never retracted.

Maybe Baldwin came to his senses.

Smith was QB in that 2000 team, best team we've had in my time - Steven Jackson, Chad Johnson, Houshmandzadeh. Smashed Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl. He's done OK at Washington, but have no idea how he'll go, hopefully good. Apparently erickson threw his hat in the ring, so this is definitely a win over that

Dave Doeren has two schools in a bidding war for him?

Tennessee should just roll the dice on a young coach who would jump at the chance, somebody like Babers, Brown, Morris, Candle, etc.

FSU will come out way ahead if Jimbo leaves for A&M and they replace him with Taggart. As a Miami fan I hope Jimbo stays and keeps his inept assistants with him.

Leach to Tenny? Lol. What a whirlwind.
I really think they are interviewing everyone they can offer them los so they HAVE to decline until Auburn & FSU settle.
IMO they want Kevin Steele. But Kevin Steele won't give an answer because he's waiting to see what Gus does.

Sources: John Currie was prepared to hire Mike Leach but university officials wouldn’t allow him to do so. Phillip Fulmer has been sabotaging search process in hopes to become Tennessee’s AD

Sources: John Currie was prepared to hire Mike Leach but university officials wouldn’t allow him to do so. Phillip Fulmer has been sabotaging search process in hopes to become Tennessee’s AD

jesus.....i really wanted to see that too.

One thing .... Tennessee knows how to keep it interesting! Lol.
Gotta love a soap opera drama.

Just curious what they expect with an interim AD

Can't believe a coach really wants to get involved with a new one than the one that hires him

Currie's contract runs thru June 2022 and supposedly he'll get 100k per month if not fired for cause/insubordination. If true, pretty good chunk of change to go fishing.

I believe it will be for cause. He went to Pullam to interview Leach on his on will and was not approved. Allegedly. News Conference has been move to 2:30cst

And it looks like Jimbo is for sure off to aTm
10mil/ yr. wow

I believe it will be for cause. He went to Pullam to interview Leach on his on will and was not approved. Allegedly. News Conference has been move to 2:30cst

And it looks like Jimbo is for sure off to aTm
10mil/ yr. wow

Just half ass been keeping up with the clusterfuck but don't doubt you. Was/am hoping for Leach. Not a fan of Jimbo, much less at that damn price.

Now the clock starts for the Noles. I would love a defensive coach. The cupboards are not bare. Plenty of returning talent on both sides the LOS.

Now they are saying Fulmer is the permanent AD.

That has danger written all over it. The failure file of sports and corporate history is filled to the brim with guys who have been bitter for years because they got fired and then spend years trying to get power back. It rarely ends in anything but disaster.

Maybe it will work out. Fulmer is not a professional AD, we know that for sure. Doesn't mean he can't do the job, but he has the same chance as an AD would have of trying to become a coach. If he truly puts the university first there is a chance it will work. But it eliminates a large percentage of proven coaches who would consider the Tennessee job. No prestigious coach is going to take a job where Fulmer is looking over his shoulder and may have a secret agenda.

Being an AD is not like it was in the old days when a coach wore gray sweats with a whistle around his neck.

Curry just proved how hard it can be and how poorly it can be handled.

How does an old coach like Fulmer with zero experience being AD compete with a professional like, say, Joe Castiglione at Oklahoma who handled the same job--hiring a new coach and making a seamless transition--with ease?

From the Zoo.
Sorry, BBF, but I spit all over my screen.

Quote:

"The Seminoles, sources said, would like to target a minority coach, if possible. Oregon's Willie Taggart, former Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin and South Florida's Charlie Strong are options who might be considered."

They should just go full pc and get a cross-dressing Yag nun of Cherokee descent who's married to a baboon and speaks fluent dolphin. That or Mack Brown.

From the Zoo.

Quote:

"The Seminoles, sources said, would like to target a minority coach, if possible. Oregon's Willie Taggart, former Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin and South Florida's Charlie Strong are options who might be considered."

They should just go full pc and get a cross-dressing Yag nun of Cherokee descent who's married to a baboon and speaks fluent dolphin. That or Mack Brown.

They should definitely go with Charlie Strong and I say that as a Miami fan.

They should definitely go with Charlie Strong and I say that as a Miami fan.
Please no. I understand the lure of Taggert, being thus years Fleck. But, Charlie Strong has not done anything to deserve another shot. He won with the previous regimes players. Much like he did at UL. YELLOW, RED, BLACK, or WHITE. We are precious in his sight. But Fuck Charlie Strong.

We are n
From the Zoo.

Quote:

We are not Tennessee. Political correctness does not belong in athletics. There are no safe spaces on a football field. Keep your head on a swivel biatch.

Never seen anything like this

What if Arky gets Gus?

It was said on Gameday already, but TAMU went seek and destroy

Pulled off what F King and Alleva fumblefucked for years

I'm pretty excited about Scott Frost. I grew up a Nebraska fan from about 1988-until they fired Solich. I don't think I can rekindle my long lost love and fandom for Big Red, but I might try.

I'm pretty excited about Scott Frost. I grew up a Nebraska fan from about 1988-until they fired Solich. I don't think I can rekindle my long lost love and fandom for Big Red, but I might try.
Went to my only game in Lincoln against OU, Tommie's last year I think...NU obv rolled. But also was driving back home El Crapo for the Sun Bowl and was in Lincoln when the plane landed the year they sneaked out the co-champ from Michigan. Literally timing was insane...I pulled for them...hell went to the Rose Bowl against Miami in NU gear just for the occasion. What I got, sitting in the endzone, was Andre Johnson lol.

The sport, while I despise it tremendously at this point, is much better when Nebraska is atop the game. If they never make it there, neither will the sport to me.

Went to my only game in Lincoln against OU, Tommie's last year I think...NU obv rolled. But also was driving back home El Crapo for the Sun Bowl and was in Lincoln when the plane landed the year they sneaked out the co-champ from Michigan. Literally timing was insane...I pulled for them...hell went to the Rose Bowl against Miami in NU gear just for the occasion. What I got, sitting in the endzone, was Andre Johnson lol.

The sport, while I despise it tremendously at this point, is much better when Nebraska is atop the game. If they never make it there, neither will the sport to me.

It is so easy to forget now, but remember the stories how Tom Osborne couldn't win the big one?

Sounds funny, but really was true back then, Nebraska in those late 80s and early 90s years the main appeal for me was in the bowl games they were almost always huge underdogs and always lost those Orange and Fiesta bowls. Other than the Oklahoma and sometimes Colorado games those were about the only times I was able to see them on TV until the mid-90s living in Big Ten country. The shutout loss in the 1991 Orange I think it was to Miami was especially hard because there I was the only Nebraska fan in school and everyone else was front-running Miami fans (Bernie Kosar went to my high school and another kid from our school a couple years older had just gotten a scholarship to Miami). So every body just loved Miami and they beat the shit out of Nebraska whenever they played. When they finally beat that 94 Miami team in the OB was so sweet. But I graduated in 93 and didn't get to gloat vs all those U fan punks! I remember watching the 1993 OB vs FSU, I was a senior in HS and I remember thinking man I really wish I could bet this game. They were 17.5 underdogs and shoulda-coulda won! They finally broke through the next year and had one of the greatest runs in college football. Those were fun times. Loved those years. Although I have to say, Frank's rough 2002 season; I was never more behind that team and more into their games then ever. As an adult I cried when Texas beat them in Lincoln in 2002. I miss those years when sports and having a favorite team really really meant something to me.

Lol I still have my stub from row 1 at the Fiesta Bowl against Tennesse, albeit endzone in 2000. Man seems like yesterday. But I can't tell you what I did yesterday.

you're drunk ASU, go home :beerdrink:

DQLKOvkVQAM7OXw.jpg

Back