2016 NBA Playoffs: Second Round Discussion

ArizonaKid

Pretty much a regular
San Antonio versus Oklahoma City

Surprised to see the series price climbing and now up to Spurs -300/+250.

First thing I notice is a favorable schedule for the Spurs with 3 days off between games 2 & 3 and 2 days off between games 6 & 7.

Hard to take away much from the regular season meetings as the teams split 2-2 with each team holding home court with the last Spurs win the 2nd to last game of the season in OT with no Westbrook, Durant, or Ibaka while the Spurs went with their regular starting lineup and all starters played 30+ minutes except Aldridge played 19 with the hurt finger. Previous matchup was in OKC and Spurs sat the old 3 as well as LA and Kawhi. Spurs lead 48-44 at half but the Thunder outscored them 35-19 in the 3rd Q and won going away by a score of 111-92.

The 2nd game of the season series had OKC playing the 2nd night of a B2B and this game had everybody playing. Spurs won an ugly game 93-85 with OKC dominating the boards 56-44 and Westbrook having a bad night shooting 5-16 w/ 9 turnovers. First meeting of the series was opening night in OKC with the Thunder winning 112-106.

Danny Green will be vital as he went 3-22 from 3 in the 4 games vs the Thunder and really struggled from deep down the stretch but went 6-13 from deep in the Memphis series. Boban will have a key role off the bench in countering the size of Adams and Kanter. I expect Mills to have a big series and expose Foye or Payne when he is in.

Ibaka has always given the Spurs hell but w/ the additions of LA and David West and Ibaka transforming into a wing player that fear factor is no longer there. Spurs also the best in the league guarding the 3 while OKC is a below average 3 point shooting team. Those factors along with the coaching advantage and a better bench have me picking the Spurs in 6.

Game 1 line is Spurs -6.5 w/ a 201.5 total and I have already taken the over.

Should be a great series.

Last edited:
Cleveland vs Atlanta

Series price -475

Game 1 line Cavs -7.5 w/ a total of 201

Sign me up for the series price...that is way too low. Cavs in 5

I think the Hawks win in 6. The cavs defense has been atrocious and I think it finally shows now that they're playing a top defensive team

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tonight's officials for G1 of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Spurs?src=hash">#Spurs</a> vs. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Thunder?src=hash">#Thunder</a> are Scott Foster (32 OVER/34 UNDER), Tony Brothers (28-37 O/U) &amp; David Guthrie (29-36 O/U)</p>&mdash; VegasInsider.com (@TwitVI) <a href="https://twitter.com/TwitVI/status/726418857615876096">April 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think the Hawks win in 6. The cavs defense has been atrocious and I think it finally shows now that they're playing a top defensive team

you really think the Hawks win this series, or do just see some value in the Hawks here?. Hawks winning in 6 or this series at all would be a huge upset, and I can't remember the last time that happened in the NBA playoffs. Maybe Pistons vs Lakers

4/30/2016
[TABLE="class: table table-striped table-bordered table-hover"]
<thead> [TR]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]OKC @ SAN(-6.5-115)[/TD]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]Scott Foster[/TD]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]Tony Brothers[/TD]
[TD="class: ng-binding"]David Guthrie[/TD]
[/TR]
</thead> <tbody> [TR]
[TD]Away Record(ATS)[/TD]
[TD="class: success"]347-279 (55.43%)[/TD]
[TD="class: success"]325-262 (55.37%)[/TD]
[TD]263-252 (51.07%)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Under Record[/TD]
[TD]296-339 (46.61%)[/TD]
[TD]297-297 (50%)[/TD]
[TD="class: success"]276-243 (53.18%)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody> [/TABLE]

5/1/2016

you really think the Hawks win this series, or do just see some value in the Hawks here?. Hawks winning in 6 or this series at all would be a huge upset, and I can't remember the last time that happened in the NBA playoffs. Maybe Pistons vs Lakers

Huge upset says who? The oddsmakers take into account more than just the chances of the outcome happening. I would not be surprised to see the Hawks win this series, nor should anyone else. Last year's sweep means nothing to me.

Hawks have no shot. They had no shot last year, they have no shot this year. Let's revisit this absurd prediction in 10 days.

Huge upset says who? The oddsmakers take into account more than just the chances of the outcome happening. I would not be surprised to see the Hawks win this series, nor should anyone else. Last year's sweep means nothing to me.

Lebron by any measure is a top 3 player in this league. Teams that have those players generally don't lose in the second round. I think it would be huge.

Remember when Hawks had home court, best record, Kyrie was a gimp, Love was out, and the Hawks sparred with the Cavs for about 40 seconds before the looming outcome of the series became clear? I'll be watching the Tribe. Let's talk Cavs in a couple weeks.

Remember when Hawks had home court, best record, Kyrie was a gimp, Love was out, and the Hawks sparred with the Cavs for about 40 seconds before the looming outcome of the series became clear? I'll be watching the Tribe. Let's talk Cavs in a couple weeks.

The NYPD ruined the Hawks postseason.

NBA | OKLAHOMA CITY at SAN ANTONIO
Play Under - Road teams where the first half total is 100.5 to 105 good team - outscoring their opponents by 3+ points/game, after 3 straight wins by 10 points or more
65-30 since 1997. ( 68.4% | 32.0 units )
5-1 this year. ( 83.3% | 3.9 units )

<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)) no-repeat rgb(245, 248, 250);"> Follow</button>

NBA Ref Stats@NBARefStats
Scott Foster calls a league playoff-high 27 fouls as Hawks closeout Celtics

ChLWlzIUoAUi8tH.jpg

There's the 2 questionable fouls on Kawhi by Foster. Dude gonna go into contain mode.

Back