2016 NBA Offseason Discussion

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
For future discussion purposes

Kevin Durant's team next season (h/t @BovadaLV)

#Thunder -270
Field +180

If memory serves correctly, GatorsLeafsBills said he had inside information KD would be a Raptor, LOL...

In other news, seems like Washington would be a logical landing spot. Can't be a coincidence they decided to hire Scott Brooks either, can it?

KD could go to Boston or Washington also. The rumor mill is wild. Also Joakim Noah rumors of going to the Knicks.

Whatever happened to that rumour about the sign and trade with the Clippers? Would make sense for Griffin to go back home, and for OKC to acquire a big piece in return. Not sure what the benefit for Durant would be though...

Why would Durant sign w/ Washington ? they don't become Title contenders just because he joins them. Boston has more to offer imo as they could sign both him and Horford or Noah. I think that a sign and trade w/ the Clippers makes some sense if he wants to play in LA (Lakers have no shot)...not sure Griffin and Ibaka work together but bringing back the local kid turned superstar a lot better than nothing in return. No way he signs w/ Warriors. In the end pretty sure he just signs a 1 year deal w/ OKC and takes another shot next season and hopefully the Thunder bring in a useful piece on the mid level exception.

Biyombo now looking at receiving 4 year $60 million offers after he was standing on a street corner last offseason with a will play defense and rebound for food cardboard sign LMAO. Ezeli could be looking at 3 years 50+ million ? Man I feel sorry for whoever pays him that much...what a time to be a free agent hitting the market.

Prices for those 2 big men and other lesser tier FA's tell me first round draft picks are going to be seriously worth their weight in gold til the next CBA is signed.

Whatever happened to that rumour about the sign and trade with the Clippers? Would make sense for Griffin to go back home, and for OKC to acquire a big piece in return. Not sure what the benefit for Durant would be though...

I think his name is Chris Paul.

I can't imagine Durant leaving OKC when they could add a piece (think solid #3 and better 2) and make a run for the ship next year.

If memory serves correctly, GatorsLeafsBills said he had inside information KD would be a Raptor, LOL...

In other news, seems like Washington would be a logical landing spot. Can't be a coincidence they decided to hire Scott Brooks either, can it?

I'd hope, for KD's sake, that someone has gotten in his ear about how horrible Brooks is as a coach. I realize Durant likes him and they get along very well, but HE was part of the reason they haven't won a title in OKC.

Noah to OKC would make things interesting. I think he is done in Chicago. Get off the USS Butler Rose before it completely sinks.

I can't imagine Durant leaving OKC when they could add a piece (think solid #3 and better 2) and make a run for the ship next year.

Yeah, he's not leaving...at least not this year, it makes little sense for him to do so. Doubtful he leaves after next year anyway, but a lot can change. He's not going anywhere to get away from Russ, all that talk is just silly. They are 2 of the top 5 players in the league, he'd be a fool to leave him. Most of the "insiders" that I've heard have even said that it's quite possible KD and Russ leave OKC and go somewhere else together after Russ's deal is up next year.

They will contend for years too, but I'm sure you were just referring to him staying for one year and seeing what happens. What do you mean better 2 though? Shooting guard or second man on totem pole?

Noah to OKC would make things interesting. I think he is done in Chicago. Get off the USS Butler Rose before it completely sinks.

Noah is getting up there and nowhere near as effective as he was. Does OKC really need him with Kanter and Adams there already? He's certainly not an upgrade to either of those two.

Noah is getting up there and nowhere near as effective as he was. Does OKC really need him with Kantet and Adams there already? He's certainly not an upgrade to either of those two.
Good point. Probably just because of Donovan that it is being discussed. Either way he would be smart to go to a contender. The ass fuck that is Butler/Rose has the Bulls headed in a different direction.

Good point. Probably just because of Donovan that it is being discussed. Either way he would be smart to go to a contender. The ass fuck that is Butler/Rose has the Bulls headed in a different direction.

It's not a bad idea because of Donovan, and Noah is definitely a team first guy...but he's going to OKC on a short money deal and knowing he's just playing a limited role. It's a great move for OKC if they can make it work though.

Fact: OKC is never going to win a championship in the KD/Russ era.

Russ committed the most turnovers by a player in a Conference Finals series in the last 30 years.

Dude will jump ship to win a 'ship. SA or GS is my guess.

Fact: OKC is never going to win a championship in the KD/Russ era.

Russ committed the most turnovers by a player in a Conference Finals series in the last 30 years.

Dude will jump ship to win a 'ship. SA or GS is my guess.

Well it's obviously not a fact unless we've changed the definition of that word.

The old CTG NBA forum "group think" is too funny though. Remember when y'all were telling us how Bron hated Love and that he regretted being there with him? Oooops, not even close. It's not everyone either, and I'm not even talking about you Emkee, but the CTG NBA guys, for the most part, don't have a clue on most things. It's comical.

Well it's obviously not a fact unless we've changed the definition of that word.

The old CTG NBA forum "group think" is too funny though. Remember when y'all were telling us how Bron hated Love and that he regretted being there with him? Oooops, not even close. It's not everyone either, and I'm not even talking about you Emkee, but the CTG NBA guys, for the most part, don't have a clue on most things. It's comical.

Fact was used loosely obviously. But hey I'm sure you're a fun guy/gal when not being so serious on a gambling forum.

Durant ain't coming to San Antonio. Kawhi at PF doesn't work and Spurs would have to make a lot of moves to get him under the cap staring w/ getting rid of Diaw and Tony Parker(Patty Mills running point...no thanks)... that won't be easy.

I'll take Celtics starting 5 of Thomas, Bradley, Durant, Johnson, and Horford plus a better bench over the Bullets w/ KD squad.

Guy OKC needs but can't get is Livingston.

May have made back 2 back Finals but until they win one the Love deal was still a mistake (as was hiring Blatt)

Last edited:
Kevin%2BDurant%2BGolden%2BState%2BWarriors.jpg

Okc needs to relieve Westbrook of the point guard duties. Either move him to the 2 or get rid of him somehow. Always has been a shooting guard trapped in a PG body.

Question draft wise-
if u are philly and embid supposedly is going to fucking play... Would u trade okafor to Boston for the 3rd pick n change?
then draft buddy Hield.
Looks like they will go Ben Simmons at 1.
And with the two late 1st rd picks philly better be grabbing guards

Okc needs to relieve Westbrook of the point guard duties. Either move him to the 2 or get rid of him somehow. Always has been a shooting guard trapped in a PG body.
Come on dude
he has been to a finals and conference finals
he is not going to move to shooting guard at this point of his career

This describes Steph Curry to a 3.

Their not getting rid of Westbrook nor should they. OKC is one solid bench player away from a Title. veteran backup pg would help too.

1 solid bench player is not gonna prevent the mental meltdowns this team has in high-pressure spots, Russ especially.

OKC needs a stretch 4 who can hit 3s

thats basically it, that shot is going to be wide open with teams focusing on KD/RW

[FONT=&quot]Joel Embiid@JoelEmbiid <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> May 30</small>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Time to RECRUIT KD to the Sixers
1f64f-1f3ff.png
1f64f-1f3ff.png
1f64f-1f3ff.png

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]19,643 retweets19,155 likes
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover js-actionButton js-actionReply" data-modal="ProfileTweet-reply" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Reply
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionRetweet" data-modal="ProfileTweet-retweet" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Retweet
</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton js-actionButton js-actionFavorite" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">

</button>
<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; position: relative; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">More
</button>

[/FONT]

1 solid bench player is not gonna prevent the mental meltdowns this team has in high-pressure spots, Russ especially.

I think that if KD and RW get 3-4 more minutes of rest, they can be much better in the 4th. It's very hard to play heavy minutes (especially in Russel's frenzy pace), in all of those minutes, to have a lot of pressure on you and to perform well in crunch time...
Ibaka was a great third option, but he became basically 3&D player as PF. Harden obviously was that man, till he got traded. KD and RW need help... Someone like Batum can be a great fit, no doubt.
Not sure about Noah though... saw his name mentioned, but he is a slightly worse version of Adams.

Durant ain't coming to San Antonio. Kawhi at PF doesn't work and Spurs would have to make a lot of moves to get him under the cap staring w/ getting rid of Diaw and Tony Parker(Patty Mills running point...no thanks)... that won't be easy.

I'll take Celtics starting 5 of Thomas, Bradley, Durant, Johnson, and Horford plus a better bench over the Bullets w/ KD squad.

Guy OKC needs but can't get is Livingston.

May have made back 2 back Finals but until they win one the Love deal was still a mistake (as was hiring Blatt)

LMA said that he doesn't want to play Center, so unless you play Kawhi/ Durant as SG or move one of the three to the bench... not going to happen...

P.S. and Blatt probably goes to Turkey... will get huge money there... though really doubt he is a good fit there as well...

This describes Steph Curry to a 3.

Their not getting rid of Westbrook nor should they. OKC is one solid bench player away from a Title. veteran backup pg would help too.

I think Curry is actually smart and can change the tempo based on what is needed. Westbrook has one speed and that's not good. He should not be the one to run an offense. The Warriors have like 4 starters that can play point so it's not really a fair comparison. How many years of his career is Durant going to waste? Every freaking year it's the same shit. Westbrook is always part of the problem. I don't care if he averages a triple double.

Sure it would. Put a Livingston or the 2012 version of Derek Fisher on this team and they win this series. Thunder lost game 7 in the last 4 minutes of the 3rd quarter when Kerr can reach deep onto his bench and get production from the 10th and 11th guys on the roster in Barbosa and Varejao. Donovan couldn't get anything past his 7th man. Can't ask Durant and Westbrook to play 45 minutes a night and expect them to execute throughout the entire game. Instead of signing Morrow and Singler put somebody on the roster that can spell Durant (think Morrow should have been used more...just have Ibaka and Adams on the court w/ him).

OKC needs a stretch 4 who can hit 3s

thats basically it, that shot is going to be wide open with teams focusing on KD/RW

They already have him in Ibaka. Dude hit 23 of 56 for 41% in the playoffs vs the Spurs and Warriors. Batum not really a 4 but hell yea he puts them over the top this series. Think he is way out of their price range, in fact Waiters probably played himself to a big payday these playoffs and they likely lose him this offseason.

Fact was used loosely obviously. But hey I'm sure you're a fun guy/gal when not being so serious on a gambling forum.

Right Emkee, that was sarcasm. You need the sarcasm font next time you mope?

I think Curry is actually smart and can change the tempo based on what is needed. Westbrook has one speed and that's not good. He should not be the one to run an offense. The Warriors have like 4 starters that can play point so it's not really a fair comparison. How many years of his career is Durant going to waste? Every freaking year it's the same shit. Westbrook is always part of the problem. I don't care if he averages a triple double.

True Curry has 3 other guys to run the offense while Westbrook really only has KD. That's not a Westbrook problem that's a Sam Presti problem.

What the hell were they doing dumping Augustin (thought is was to give Payne minutes)? Admittedly DJ never looked comfortable in OKC but he looked good in Denver and can hit the 3 and not panic the first time somebody puts pressure on him unlike Payne this postseason. If they sign Jeremy Lin or picked up Courtney Lee instead of Singler last offseason they are in the Finals.

Kanter may have been something instead of outright losing Reggie Jackson but his contract cost them cap flexibility and not sure what their going to do when assuming Durant signs a 1 year deal they have to resign Westbrook, KD, Ibaka, and Adams becomes a restricted FA next offseason.

I think when they go small they need ibaka as the 5

Basically more about them needing a d and 3 guy than it bring a stretch 4

Why I thought batum woulf be best

I think when they go small they need ibaka as the 5

Basically more about them needing a d and 3 guy than it bring a stretch 4

Why I thought batum woulf be best

batum would fit nicely. replace roberson with him and okc probably wins it all this year.

totally agree. the bum only averaged 10.5 apg this year. im just not sure they will be able to "get rid of him". do you think another team would be willing to take westbrook off OKC's hands?

Wow look at the career earnings for some of these free agents

sick

Russ and KD have made choking a habit in the playoffs, if it was their first rodeo maybe but it's not.

The blame lies there.

Again, 1 solid bench guy isn't gonna change much.

batum would fit nicely. replace roberson with him and okc probably wins it all this year.

It wouldn't have prevented Russ turning over the ball.

Fact he turned it over more times in the Conference Finals than any player over the past 30 years says all you need to know.

Great, great gifted athlete but doesn't have the mental pedigree of a champion.

Wow look at the career earnings for some of these free agents

sick
This shit is ridiculous.

[TABLE="width: 600"]
<tbody style="border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD]
joe_johnson.jpg
[/TD]
[TD]50. Joe Johnson
Unrestricted / Small Forward / 6-7 / Team: Miami
12.2 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 3,9 apg
Has expressed a willingness to finish his career with the Heat after leaving Brooklyn.

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Agent: Jeff Schwartz
2015/16 Earnings: $22,309,344
Career Earnings: $198,647,490

Back