• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!
  • MNF Quick Pick Contest -- Cash Prize

******2016 CFB In-Game******

No, it's not targeting. Takes more than helmet-to-helmet contact.

Forcible contact to the head of a defenseless player is targeting. That is essentially a prime example of it. Though, like I sai, I don't like the rule.

Forcible contact to the head of a defenseless player is targeting. That is essentially a prime example of it. Though, like I sai, I don't like the rule.

The rule is more complicated than that. There needs to be "at least one indicator of targeting".

"Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:

• Launch—a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet

Pitt had 52 red zone possessions before today. They scored 43 TDs and 5 FGs. Just 4 trips without points.

Today they have five trips: 1 TD, 1 FG, and three trips without points.

ASU kicker Gonzalez will likely be drafted

Kicking game (not just the kicker, but snapper and holder) cost the Cardinals 3 games this season (NE, Rams, SEA)...kickers are going to be drafted and paid before too long

You know what Pitt returns next year? If they can fix the secondary and make good OC hire they should be real good

Wont miss a beat offense. Even with Connor leaving they are loaded at RB. I think with an improved secondary they are gonna make some noise.

shit even with a bad secondary look at there 4 losses. UNC and V tech won on the last plays of the game. lost by a td in Stillwater that was an 80 yd td with less then a minute left. Got crushed by Miami. Should be 10-2 with 2 huge wins on the resume

Wont miss a beat offense. Even with Connor leaving they are loaded at RB. I think with an improved secondary they are gonna make some noise.

shit even with a bad secondary look at there 4 losses. UNC and V tech won on the last plays of the game. lost by a td in Stillwater that was an 80 yd td with less then a minute left. Got crushed by Miami. Should be 10-2 with 2 huge wins on the resume

The loss to Miami was caused by the loss to VPI. So a win over VPI means 11-1, not 10-2.

Back