2014 World Cup Draw

Simple answer to why ESPN does this and I'm sure I don't have to tell you. First ESPN has MLS and World Cup coverage. Of course they are gonna promote the best player in the league. Second you can't be ESPN and say the USA is really kind of fucked, you won't get the casual fan. I don't remember how many people watched last time. But I remember the number was pretty big against Ghana.

Moving onto the cheering against the USA. I don't think anyone here is really upset I just think it's strange. I personally don't care what Canada does in anyway shape or form. Only time I'm cheering against Canada is if my team is playing them or I have a bet on something. You not cheering against the USA can't be a serious statement. Look at your posts from when the draw happened. Your posts are in capital letters. It's clear jubilation from you and TM. The unrealistic expectations is a silly reason. I don't see it. I don't see anyone saying it's finals or bust. I don't see anyone saying much other then plotting on how the USA is gonna advance. You are doing the same with England, because naturally you a re a fan, and that makes sense.

as I said that was for Portugal, if you look at the posts I said bye bye USA, just like bye bye Mexico

it was down to Russia and Portugal and I think you would agree Russia is a better team

Alex the issue is simple, and you cannot deny there is plenty of homerism with the USNT, it's quite disgusting. Banter is fine but when you make comments that sway to being unrealistic then you are asking for backlash. If the fans were more humble then it wouldn't be such a problem but man every big tournament the US is in there's so much nonsense.
Again there is no Anti America it's trying to figure out what goes through the minds of unrealistic fans.
Cmon Mikey...disgusting?

I was here at CTG for the WC all last time, and it wasnt out of control

The soccer forum gets alot of play at the time, and it seems like a time for the year round fans to sometimes "turn their nose up" to the casual fans(not saying you or anyone in particular...in fact you and manuk and many others were real cool at the time with explaining things etc..)

I look forward to the WC:shake:

Not only don't I get soccer, I don't get the US-Canada friction in this thread. I wouldn't have known, but now I'm pissed.

there's a difference between optimism and homerism. You see a ton of that in this forum be it in the NBA forum, NFL, CFB or CBB.
It's great to be optimistic and like you said everyone is optimistic if you aren't why are you at the WC right?
However the issue is that sometimes the posts become a bit comical and i've seen it since 2002. Each big event the US participates in there is a sense of ignorance like "we are better than you all"
If I recall someone here said the US would go far in the WC no matter who they face see now that's a bit of a ridiculous statement. As you said if the US make the Quarters that's quite an achievement, but when you look at this group specifically you cannot just think that getting out of this group is already an accomplishment no? The thing is where are they going to get the points?

bro, you are jealous that our Country has grown in Soccer over the last twenty years and, well, some other country's have not. Plain and simple. Nobody is unrealistic about what the US can do in any match no matter what is at stake. It is not out of the realm of possibility for the US to advance (runner-up) out of their Group no matter what you say ... And you've said a plenty in this thread concerning the US. You bring a lot of knowledge and I enjoy (only) reading your soccer stuff. However, I'm gonna stop reading whatever it is you have to say about the Americans bc I can't say for a fact you don't have ulterior motives. Please tell me again how hated I am. Like I could give a shit. Lol.

Nope, I think they are bad but I don't cheer against the team

I dislike the hype ESPN gives to untalented players who are treated like gods of a 4th tier league (Landy Cakes)

what CarolinaGuy and what someone like Braves or Alex say who actually follow the sport is completely different

Lol.

Edit: whether it was a dig at me or not a dig at me the post was accurate. Carry on.

Last edited:
I think Ghana is overrated IMO......easy to do b/c they have knocked us out of the last 2 cups. We can hang with them and Portugal.

Also excited to finally see Dempsey, Donovan, and Bradley on the pitch together....has that happened since Jurgy took over? Mostly worried about our backline.

I think Ghana is overrated IMO......easy to do b/c they have knocked us out of the last 2 cups. We can hang with them and Portugal.

ya like Jump said it will be a mental thing because of the last two world cups

they aren't an elite team and can be beat, US will know exactly where they stand too with that being game 1

I don't think anyone is rating Ghana though. We all know they are aging and thus the importance of this game for the US and Ghana is crucial. You can't settle for a draw here both sides have to take their chances knowing that it will be tough.
What happen in previous WC's can be thrown out the window, the US got fooled twice and we know they can't let a 3rd time happen. Ghana in 2006 were a surprise so really teams were ignorant about them especially the US whom thought well we'd try to get a point from Italy and they were robbed, they could possibly beat Czech but they lost and they were "suppose" to beat Ghana but lost.

Different Ghana team and different US team, who's on the up? The US, but that doesn't mean they will beat Ghana.

bro, you are jealous that our Country has grown in Soccer over the last twenty years and, well, some other country's have not. Plain and simple. Nobody is unrealistic about what the US can do in any match no matter what is at stake. It is not out of the realm of possibility for the US to advance (runner-up) out of their Group no matter what you say ... And you've said a plenty in this thread concerning the US. You bring a lot of knowledge and I enjoy (only) reading your soccer stuff. However, I'm gonna stop reading whatever it is you have to say about the Americans bc I can't say for a fact you don't have ulterior motives. Please tell me again how hated I am. Like I could give a shit. Lol.

the first line you make this statement is just rather comical.

If you are going to enter this convo at least have some knowledge of the game such like braves, alex, apolous, and rexy. You come in here with your patriotic view but not a football view at all.

If you wish to discuss the sport then do so without any bias or lack of knowledge, simple as that. I don't go into the CFB and start saying random shit.

Cmon Mikey...disgusting?

I was here at CTG for the WC all last time, and it wasnt out of control

The soccer forum gets alot of play at the time, and it seems like a time for the year round fans to sometimes "turn their nose up" to the casual fans(not saying you or anyone in particular...in fact you and manuk and many others were real cool at the time with explaining things etc..)

I look forward to the WC:shake:

Twinkie I respect your views and this post. Yes perhaps "disgusting" is harsh, but really if we want to have a bit of banter or discussion that's totally fine, but some just have no knowledge of the game and just make a bold statement that is a bit ridiculous. If you made a bold statement in the NFL about the saints ok you know what some will disagree but you have the knowledge to make that statement, you didn't just shoot it out of your ass.

No love for my country Ghana eh? lol Hakuna matata, "the day of the African Child" will be upon us soon.....

the first line you make this statement is just rather comical.

If you are going to enter this convo at least have some knowledge of the game such like braves, alex, apolous, and rexy. You come in here with your patriotic view but not a football view at all.

If you wish to discuss the sport then do so without any bias or lack of knowledge, simple as that. I don't go into the CFB and start saying random shit.

So what you are saying is since WC 1990, the US hasn't gotten better? FTR, please answer the question b4 we proceed. Just bc I don't come in here and hang with the cool kids and talk shop 24/7 doesn't mean I can't. #hater

Nope I never said that you are making an assumption.
I just said the US aren't going to qualify from the group and think that Ghana will beat them in the opening fixture. But some how it has become a political forum because I don't support the same colours you do.

Here's the issue how often do you watch the sport? When braves has something to say about the USNT I always am keen to read because he watches them more then me he also watches the MLS a ton so it's good to get his insights. But then in comes along you who have yet to contribute anything about the game rather then a nationalistic view of your country. Why are you getting so offended if someone doesn't believe your country will do well?

Quite simply put it, the suggestions have been made in this thread. The both offence and defence are suspect. YOu don't have to question the goalkeeping as Howard is one of the top and most consistent national team keepers in the world. The midfield is going to be very very discipline the only worry is can they keep up with pace? The attack of the Portugues and especially the Germans will pose a huge threat to that back line but most in here already pointed out that they have the best chance against Portugal rather than Germany. I mentioned that Portugal do not like playing against teams that don't create a lot of attacking options. If the US are patient enough to frustrate the Portuguese they can catch them on the counter, however if the Portuguese catch the US on the counter they are in massive trouble.

Now the game vs Ghana is going to be crucial for both sides. This is the game they both need to win…a draw is not the result either one want because they know getting 3 points Gerries and Portugal is going to be extremely difficult especially if you lose your opening game. I believe Teed had already mentioned the Gerries play the US in the last game, so lets say Gerries are through, don't think for one bit Low and Co would want to give a pass to the US, same goes with Klinsmann he wants to win that game.
Ghana is aging but it doesn't mean they don't have other kids coming up through their system, most think of Essien…guys he's been irrelevant for a few years now, plus he's ONLY 31 it's not like he's dying or anything.
Gyan and Ayew will cause problems for the US back line with their physical play, the Ghana midfield is no slouch either they are as good as the US if not slightly better. Thus the oddsmakers have this game right with the PK, Ghana doesn't have a HUGE advantage neither does the US.
The game is played in Natal which is a coastal town, it's not going to be hot, but it's going to be very humid as it generally rains more in the months of June and July. don't think anyone likes playing in humidity.
end of the day which team can maintain possession, which team can come back if they are down 0-1, which team can build a 1-0 lead, which team is more experienced, who has the better coach, who will come into the match without any key injuries?
You can see the US definitely have edges in many categories but not enough to say they will convincingly win. From a betting perspective I would be more than happy to take Ghana -0.25 but I don't expect them to win by 2 or more.
The in game option would be nice if someone scores very early. I think if Ghana does score first they will be VERY difficult to beat so personally I believe the US must score first in order to frustrate and open that game up because Ghana is not a superior attacking team.

Nope I never said that you are making an assumption.
I just said the US aren't going to qualify from the group and think that Ghana will beat them in the opening fixture. But some how it has become a political forum because I don't support the same colours you do.

Here's the issue how often do you watch the sport? When braves has something to say about the USNT I always am keen to read because he watches them more then me he also watches the MLS a ton so it's good to get his insights. But then in comes along you who have yet to contribute anything about the game rather then a nationalistic view of your country. Why are you getting so offended if someone doesn't believe your country will do well?

Quite simply put it, the suggestions have been made in this thread. The both offence and defence are suspect. YOu don't have to question the goalkeeping as Howard is one of the top and most consistent national team keepers in the world. The midfield is going to be very very discipline the only worry is can they keep up with pace? The attack of the Portugues and especially the Germans will pose a huge threat to that back line but most in here already pointed out that they have the best chance against Portugal rather than Germany. I mentioned that Portugal do not like playing against teams that don't create a lot of attacking options. If the US are patient enough to frustrate the Portuguese they can catch them on the counter, however if the Portuguese catch the US on the counter they are in massive trouble.

Now the game vs Ghana is going to be crucial for both sides. This is the game they both need to win…a draw is not the result either one want because they know getting 3 points Gerries and Portugal is going to be extremely difficult especially if you lose your opening game. I believe Teed had already mentioned the Gerries play the US in the last game, so lets say Gerries are through, don't think for one bit Low and Co would want to give a pass to the US, same goes with Klinsmann he wants to win that game.
Ghana is aging but it doesn't mean they don't have other kids coming up through their system, most think of Essien…guys he's been irrelevant for a few years now, plus he's ONLY 31 it's not like he's dying or anything.
Gyan and Ayew will cause problems for the US back line with their physical play, the Ghana midfield is no slouch either they are as good as the US if not slightly better. Thus the oddsmakers have this game right with the PK, Ghana doesn't have a HUGE advantage neither does the US.
The game is played in Natal which is a coastal town, it's not going to be hot, but it's going to be very humid as it generally rains more in the months of June and July. don't think anyone likes playing in humidity.
end of the day which team can maintain possession, which team can come back if they are down 0-1, which team can build a 1-0 lead, which team is more experienced, who has the better coach, who will come into the match without any key injuries?
You can see the US definitely have edges in many categories but not enough to say they will convincingly win. From a betting perspective I would be more than happy to take Ghana -0.25 but I don't expect them to win by 2 or more.
The in game option would be nice if someone scores very early. I think if Ghana does score first they will be VERY difficult to beat so personally I believe the US must score first in order to frustrate and open that game up because Ghana is not a superior attacking team.

Why couldn't you have said this in place of what a handful of posters here at CTG called you out on over the last few days? World Cup is as much about ones country as the teams itself. It just is. Someone who writes for a living could do a much better job getting that point across than me, but I digress. You obviously have issues with Americans in general or you wouldn't seem to think "Americans hate Canadiens". AND I WASN'T THE ONLY GUY TO CALL YOU OUT. I was simply the only guy you wanted to engage.

How often do I watch the sport? For starters, I watched both morning matches in the E(B)PL yesterday. I watch way more than the casual fan, but I'm no where close to y'all's league. I have a bro-Lo who is from Ecuador so our common bond is drinking beer and talking soccer. I really don't know what else to say without getting too long winded. You asked.

as far as the Americans go in the WC, the Yanks will go as far as their defense will take them. Easily, it is the weakest link of the squad. More than once it has made an elite Tim Howard look average. It would be nice to see Altidore step his game up bc a lot of times you don't even know he is on the pitch and that is unacceptable from a guy who I think can be as dominant as anyone. If everyone had the drive and desire of Clint Dempsey (along with his skill), the Americans could walk to the semi's, but we know that ain't happening. Gotta beat Ghana and then put every ounce of your training and long hours into getting at least a tie with Portugal. Not gonna beat Germany unless something weird happens like the Germans get four red cards. Lol. I'd be surprised if the World Cup fan every four years could do any better than I just did, but I would expect one of you guys to go a little more in depth.

my god dude you seriously don't get it, so I say I don't think the US will qualify nor do I think they will beat Ghana all of a sudden I"m anti american? Jesus get a life man, why do you think its all about the US maybe you are the one that is a bit sensitive because you are being very defensive. Seriously man get real with this, it's annoying.

You are making a personal attack on me and I don't appreciate that what is your problem?

Why couldn't you have said this in place of what a handful of posters here at CTG called you out on over the last few days? World Cup is as much about ones country as the teams itself. It just is. Someone who writes for a living could do a much better job getting that point across than me, but I digress. You obviously have issues with Americans in general or you wouldn't seem to think "Americans hate Canadiens". AND I WASN'T THE ONLY GUY TO CALL YOU OUT. I was simply the only guy you wanted to engage.

How often do I watch the sport? For starters, I watched both morning matches in the E(B)PL yesterday. I watch way more than the casual fan, but I'm no where close to y'all's league. I have a bro-Lo who is from Ecuador so our common bond is drinking beer and talking soccer. I really don't know what else to say without getting too long winded. You asked.

as far as the Americans go in the WC, the Yanks will go as far as their defense will take them. Easily, it is the weakest link of the squad. More than once it has made an elite Tim Howard look average. It would be nice to see Altidore step his game up bc a lot of times you don't even know he is on the pitch and that is unacceptable from a guy who I think can be as dominant as anyone. If everyone had the drive and desire of Clint Dempsey (along with his skill), the Americans could walk to the semi's, but we know that ain't happening. Gotta beat Ghana and then put every ounce of your training and long hours into getting at least a tie with Portugal. Not gonna beat Germany unless something weird happens like the Germans get four red cards. Lol. I'd be surprised if the World Cup fan every four years could do any better than I just did, but I would expect one of you guys to go a little more in depth.

think he just meant as a rivalry but we can leave the who hates who discussion and talk about how Jozy Altidore can be as dominant as anyone in the world

Gus Poyet would like to have a word on how you think that's possible

my god dude you seriously don't get it, so I say I don't think the US will qualify nor do I think they will beat Ghana all of a sudden I"m anti american? Jesus get a life man, why do you think its all about the US maybe you are the one that is a bit sensitive because you are being very defensive. Seriously man get real with this, it's annoying.

You are making a personal attack on me and I don't appreciate that what is your problem?

No, you don't get it. It has nothing to do with how the Americans will do or won't do. Are you that obtuse? My Gawd!! I'm done.

When asked about his thoughts on the draw, U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati played coy. “I thought the entertainment was excellent,” he said. “There was a tribute to Nelson Mandela, which was terrific. And the draw was … interesting.”
Gulati flashed a wan smile. What’s more, of the 24 possible spots the U.S. could have drawn into, G4 was the one that involved the most travel miles for the U.S. in this giant country: 8,866 miles, to be exact, taking into account that the Americans will make round-trip flights from their base camp in São Paulo for every game. (Klinsmann said the U.S. would not move its base camp farther north from São Paulo, where the Americans have all but finalized plans to stay in a five-star hotel and train at São Paulo FC.)
Before the draw, Klinsmann said, he wanted to avoid two things: Drawing Germany and having to play a game in Manaus, the outpost in the Amazon rain forest that features high temperatures and humidity, a different time zone than the rest of the tournament and the need to take malaria pills.

On Friday, Klinsmann got Germany and Manaus. “It is what it is,” Klinsmann said. “But we don’t complain. We take it on and we do the travel and we adjust to the climate and this is what a World Cup is all about: These challenges. It’s exciting in a certain way, a big challenge, and it’s what we want.”

Apparently Manaus was ranked as one of the most dangerous places in the world too. Not sure what Brazil was thinking on this location. Only reasonable explanation is to boost local economy. Seems like it would be like the USA hosting the World Cup and setting all East Coast locations and then one in Los Angeles.

cities100.jpg

[TABLE="class: wikitable collapsible, width: 1509"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]Month[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]<abbr class="abbr" title="January" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; cursor: help;">Jan</abbr>[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]<abbr class="abbr" title="February" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; cursor: help;">Feb</abbr>[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]<abbr class="abbr" title="March" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; cursor: help;">Mar</abbr>[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]<abbr class="abbr" title="April" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; cursor: help;">Apr</abbr>[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]May[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]<abbr class="abbr" title="June" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; cursor: help;">Jun</abbr>[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]<abbr class="abbr" title="July" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; cursor: help;">Jul</abbr>[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]<abbr class="abbr" title="August" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; cursor: help;">Aug</abbr>[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]<abbr class="abbr" title="September" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; cursor: help;">Sep</abbr>[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]<abbr class="abbr" title="October" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; cursor: help;">Oct</abbr>[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]<abbr class="abbr" title="November" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; cursor: help;">Nov</abbr>[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]<abbr class="abbr" title="December" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; cursor: help;">Dec</abbr>[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]Year[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]Record high °C (°F)[/TH]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF1F00"]37
(99)[/TD]
(99)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF2500"]36
(97)[/TD]
(99)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF2500"]36
(97)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF2C00"]35
(95)[/TD]
(99)[/TD]
(99)[/TD]
(99)[/TD]
(99)[/TD]
(99)[/TD]
(99)[/TD]
(99)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]Average high °C (°F)[/TH]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF4B00"]30.5
(86.9)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF4C00"]30.4
(86.7)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF4B00"]30.6
(87.1)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF4A00"]30.7
(87.3)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF4900"]30.8
(87.4)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF4800"]31.0
(87.8)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF4600"]31.3
(88.3)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF3D00"]32.6
(90.7)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF3B00"]32.9
(91.2)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF3B00"]32.8
(91)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF4000"]32.1
(89.8)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF4600"]31.3
(88.3)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF4500"]31.42
(88.54)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]Daily mean °C (°F)[/TH]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF6A00"]26.1
(79)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF6A00"]26.0
(78.8)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF6A00"]26.1
(79)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF6800"]26.3
(79.3)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF6800"]26.3
(79.3)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF6800"]26.4
(79.5)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF6700"]26.5
(79.7)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF6300"]27.0
(80.6)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF6000"]27.5
(81.5)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF5F00"]27.6
(81.7)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF6100"]27.3
(81.1)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF6600"]26.7
(80.1)[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #FF6600"]26.65[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

It's not ridiculous. It wouldn't be like playing in Doha in the middle of the summer...oh wait...

problem is not the heat but looks like the heat combined with extreme humidity

the average humidity is 83% in June

So comparable to Florida in June?

I'm not worried about the travel so much. There are a number of days in between matches, and they have a private jet. The heat is a concern. Playing in that type of heat with humidity is awful

well I just looked it up and oddly enough Miami's average humidity is 83% lol

I think the travel can just get tiring even if you have a private jet. It really doesn't make sense why you wouldn't move base to the northern part of the country if 3 of your games are in the northern part of the country. Move to Natal or Recife so after the game you can just go back to the hotel and relax.

Is it lucky we arent playing Ghana in Manuas? It's a tropical climate all year round there as well, and I know most players play in Europe, but growing up in that kind of weather would surely have to be some kind of advantage

yeah, I don't get why Klinnsman won't move the base. I'm sure that there are 5 star hotels and good training facilities closer to the venues they are playing at

Manaus was built only for the sake of having a stadium inland, I mean they do their best to cover all regions but as mentioned before, the infrastructure is very bad. My Brasilian friends were mentioning to me that whomever is playing in Manaus is fucked. It's hot and humid, not like Florida at all you'd have to consider the pollution factor so pretty much once you are out you will have a hard time breathing, it is very sticky, mixed in with the rain.

Alex mentioned safety…in general you will have to be very cautious throughout, crime rate will probably increase. I was told that iPhones have a value of about $2000 there, so most are advised to not show their cellphones or cameras cause you will get robbed. Now i doubt this will effect the players, but their families and friends will be targeted.

Think the best thing any coach can do is set up a friendly in some ridiculous uncomfortable place. I do believe though, that training in high altitudes like Colorado may actually be a good idea for the US team. Tons of triathletes all over the world have it as their training base yet they race in some really fucked up conditions.

Travel wont be an issue IMO....US guys are used to flying cross country....DC to LA to NYC to KC etc. Might be an issue for teams that arent used to lots of plane travel (Ghana)

Apparently Manaus was ranked as one of the most dangerous places in the world too. Not sure what Brazil was thinking on this location. Only reasonable explanation is to boost local economy. Seems like it would be like the USA hosting the World Cup and setting all East Coast locations and then one in Los Angeles.

cities100.jpg

US goes North East to NW back to NE (Natal-Manaus-Recife)
Germany plays all their games within the 4 eastern cities (Salvador-Foraleza-Recife)
Portugal is close to the same as the US, lots of travel (Salvador-Manaus-Brasilia)
Ghana really only has one travel (Natal-Foraleza-Brasilia)

that seems kind of ridiculous

I don't think playing in Manaus is an issue because both teams are dealing with it, but to set up the group where one team travels twice cross continent basically, and Germany plays all it's games in what is essentially the Northeast

seems a strange set up

Travel wont be an issue IMO....US guys are used to flying cross country....DC to LA to NYC to KC etc. Might be an issue for teams that arent used to lots of plane travel (Ghana)

well which US players though? The ones in the starting line up mostly play in Europe.
The issue won't necessarily be the distance but moreso the timing, will there be delays and such since there will be plenty of traffic going on.

Ghana players majority play in Europe as teed mentioned, so it's not like they aren't use to traveling those distance since a lot of the key figures are playing in CL and do travel various countries.

not WC stuff but FIFA award. Really weird these were top 3, only see Ibra's goal as being worthy but seen better this year than the other 2.

[video=youtube;CbaIvq1XKzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbaIvq1XKzQ#t=115[/video]

Back