2013 US Open Discussion...

ill save everyone the trouble
wagrankings.jpg

huuuuuge pet peeve of mine...

18th hole of a major championship should be a birdie hole. fuck, sucks all the drama out of the tourney when it isn't. Nbc should demand it. It's what made Torrey great in 2008

he won it on the course, figgy lost it. not won in the clubhouse, lost on the course

i actually thought it was great after three kinda boring days

huuuuuge pet peeve of mine...

18th hole of a major championship should be a birdie hole. fuck, sucks all the drama out of the tourney when it isn't. Nbc should demand it. It's what made Torrey great in 2008

Honestly it kind of was a birdie hole. It just wan't labeled as such. It was a hole where 40% made 4 and 60% made 5. Sounds like a very birdieable par 5 to me though the number beside it indicated a par 4. Rose made a 4. FIGJAM made a 5 and lost by two. He essentially needed to eagle the hole to cause a playoff. No one made a 3 on the hole all day. It was a par 5 that was mis-labeled on the scorecard as a par 4. Great finishing hole IMO

Honestly it kind of was a birdie hole. It just wan't labeled as such. It was a hole where 40% made 4 and 60% made 5. Sounds like a very birdieable par 5 to me though the number beside it indicated a par 4. Rose made a 4. FIGJAM made a 5 and lost by two. He essentially needed to eagle the hole to cause a playoff. No one made a 3 on the hole all day. It was a par 5 that was mis-labeled on the scorecard as a par 4. Great finishing hole IMO

so it wasn't a birdie hole, because they made it a par 4, add some yardage to it and make it a par 5.. it was the hardest hole on the course.

so it wasn't a birdie hole, because they made it a par 4, add some yardage to it and make it a par 5.. it was the hardest hole on the course.

Right so you would have felt better if it were labeled a par 5 and the course was a par 71. Rose would have won at E and FIGJAM would have still been +2.

no, I would have liked it better if the 18th was a hole you could score on, thought I made that clear in post 181

i think the point is that scoring is subjective. u can always shoot one stroke better than the next guy, regardless of the label of par 4 or par 5

fwiw, the US Open should always be more "bogey" than "birdie" imo, especially on the finishing hole

I understand that, I understand the USGA gets a hard on for it, I respect that, but the 18th the hardest hole on the course, ughh, I don't like it. Guess im in the minority

no, I would have liked it better if the 18th was a hole you could score on, thought I made that clear in post 181

Well I'm just happy Phil cemented his place as always the next best

More second place finishes in the US Open than total majors won

FIGJAM not so clutch

i think the point is that scoring is subjective. u can always shoot one stroke better than the next guy, regardless of the label of par 4 or par 5

fwiw, the US Open should always be more "bogey" than "birdie" imo, especially on the finishing hole
why? Is the US open supposed to make the pros look like hacks?

I am asking cuz I dont know

I understand that, I understand the USGA gets a hard on for it, I respect that, but the 18th the hardest hole on the course, ughh, I don't like it. Guess im in the minority
i agree with you....or at least what you are trying to say

Well I'm just happy Phil cemented his place as always the next best

More second place finishes in the US Open than total majors won

FIGJAM not so clutch

who is better than him in this era besides tiger? Did anyone think he was better than Tiger

Back