*****2013 Recruting Thread*****

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
Looked for the old one couldnt find it. Here is some LSU info(it is from Dandy so take with a grain). Merge mod if need

With a bit of a break between now and LSU’s bowl game, Coach Miles and his staff are hot on the recruiting trail.
I learned yesterday that the number of spots left to fill in the 2013 recruiting class grew by two now that Chuck Baker and Kennard Swanson are no longer considered LSU commitments. It is my understanding that both of these players had academic issues and had not yet qualified. Without the two, LSU now has 22 commitments and room to take several more my back-counting up to four early enrollees towards last years class. With anywhere from three to seven spots left to fill, here is my list of players that I believe to be LSU’s top-targets at this time.
Kendell Beckwith (DE/LB, 6'3", 225, East Feliciana, No. 1 on our list of Top LA Football Prospects for the Class of 2013). Beckwith has long stated that his two leaders and LSU and Alabama, but the more I follow his recruitment, the more confident I become that he will be a Tiger. LSU recruiting coordinator Frank Wilson has done a great job recruiting Beckwidth and the two have developed a great relationship. Beckwith’s Highlight Video. 65/35
Rickey Seals-Jones (WR, 6’5”, 220, Sealy, TX) – Seals-Jones had originally committed to Texas and some believe the Longhorns are still in good shape with him, but I think LSU and Texas A&M are the current leaders for the two-sport athlete (basketball and football). Seals-Jones would be a huge get for Coach Miles as the Tigers could really use a tall, 5-star receiver, but it's looking more and more like he'll stay in-state and play for the Aggies. Seals-Jones’ Highlight Video. 40/60.
Courtney Gardner (WR, 6'3", 215, Rocklin, CA) Took his official visit to LSU a couple of weeks ago then tweeted, “It's official I'm going to be attending Louisiana State University!” However, LSU had not yet extended a fully committable offer as they are waiting to be assured that he will qualify academically, and perhaps also waiting to see how things pan out with Rickey Seals-Jones. Gardner’s Highlight Video. 60/40
Chase Abbington (ATH, 6'4", 210, Saint Peters, MO). Abbington is big, athletic guy who could play a number of positions. Most schools are looking at him as a receiver, but LSU's Coach Adam Henry is recruiting him as a wide receiver. Abington is currently committed to Missouri, but his commitment is considered soft and word is that he would like to visit LSU in a couple of weeks. He has family in Baton Rouge and has been a Tiger Fans most of his life. Abbington's Highlight Video. 40/60
Maquedius Bain (DT, 6'4", 290, Fort Lauderdale, FL) – Bain is expected to visit LSU in a couple of weeks. His recruitment is hard to gauge at this point. Leaders appear to be Miami, LSU, Florida State and Oklahoma. Great looking prospect, and although LSU recently picked up a commitment from Greg Gilmore I think the staff would still welcome Bain. Bain’s Highlight Video. 50/50
Priest Willis (S, 6'2", 200, Tempe, AZ) - You may recall that Willis was set to visit LSU on a couple of occasions, but that hasn't worked out yet. Word is that he, like Bain, is expected to visit on December 14-15. Until he steps on campus for a visit, I consider him somewhat of a long-shot, but that could change in a heartbeat with an impressive visit. At this point it looks like USC leads. Willis’ Highlight Video. 35/65
Artie Burns (CB, 6'1", 190, Miami) - Burns is a speedster currently committed to Miami. Before committing to Miami, Burns was committed to Alabama, and recently he visited LSU for the Ole Miss game. Word is that he had a great visit and is considering a second visit to LSU, which he calls his "dream school.” Burns’ Highlight Video. 50/50
Elijah McGuire (RB, 5'11", 185, Vandebilt Catholic, No. 19 on our list of Top LA Football Prospects for the Class of 2013). McGuire flew under the radar for a while because of classifications issues, but the state's leading rusher is now getting lots of attention. If LSU takes a running back in this class, it would likely be McGuire now that Adam Taylor is out of the picture. However, with the stable of running backs already on the team, and with national sensation Leonard Fournette a priority for 2014, I doubt LSU will take a RB in this class. 35/65
Fehoko Fanaika (OG, 6'6", 340, San Mateo JC). Fehoko committed to LSU last year but was academically ineligible. Now it is said that he is expected to be fully qualified and ready to enroll at LSU in January. 80/20
Sione Sina (DE, 6'4", 250, San Mateo JC). Sina is a good friend of Fehoko Fanaika, and the LSU coaching staff is trying to get him to visit. Apparently there interest is mutual. This guy’s JUCO highlights are impressive and LSU could use another DE in this class with Mingo and Montgomery likely leaving early. 50/50.
Tim Williams (LB/DE, 6'3", 225, University High). It appears that Williams is set on attending Miami and LSU is not pursuing him as heavily as they once were, possibly due to off-field issues. Williams’ Highlight Video. 30/70
u can find the old one.

[h=1]Lake Gibson (Fla.) prospect Kennard Swanson joins Salmen's Chuck Baker in decommitting from LSU[/h]James Smith, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune, November 29, 2012 1:58 p.m.
thumbnail.jpg.jpg
View full size
Kennard Swanson is widely expected to commit to Florida.

Lake Gibson (Fla.) High School's Kennard Swanson has de-committed from LSU. The Lakeland, Fla. native played defensive tackle, but projects as a fullback at the next level, and was recruited as such by LSU, which is searching for an eventual replacement for junior J.C. Copeland.
Swanson committed to LSU during the summer when the Tigers were one of only a few schools recruiting him. He recently received an offer from the Florida Gators, which he is widely expected to accept.
Swanson, much like Thursday’s other de-commitment Chuck Baker, has yet to qualify, which has been a concern for LSU for some time. It's unexpected that the Tigers will recruit another fullback, and will instead explore the possibility of converting another prospect.
Stay tuned to NOLA.com for the latest news on the fast-paced recruiting trail.

Another hot topic of discussion at this time of the year is recruiting. With 24 commitments and room for several others after back-counting early enrollees towards last season's class (which only included 21), the LSU coaching staff has been busy hitting the roads this week. I've heard that defensive backs coach Corey Raymond was in Tempe, Arizona Monday to visit with Priest Willis (S/CB, 6'2", 200) and that Willis is scheduled to visit LSU next weekend. Also, special teams coach Thomas McGaughey and wide receivers coach Adam Henry were in Sealy, Texas yesterday to visit with the top wide receiver prospect in the nation, Ricky Seals-Jones (WR, 6'5", 230). These two, along with Louisiana's own Kendell Beckwith (LB/DE, 6'2", 225) are three of the Tigers biggest remaining targets, and getting any two of these three could propel an already very good recruiting class into an exceptional one. As for Beckwith, who is the No. 1 player on our list of Top LA Football Prospects for 2013, I feel very good about his chances of being a Tiger.

Sealy-Jones is almost guaranteed to play w/his boy brandon williams, the OU transfer sitting out this year (a&m). They're close friends, and him, along with playing w/the eventual heisman winner for 3yrs pretty much seals this one up. no pun intended.

11504726-large.jpg
Reuben Foster shows off his tattoo of the Auburn logo shortly after committing to the Tigers over the summer. (Mike Herndon)

Five-star linebacker Reuben Foster has decommitted from Auburn according to reports from multiple recruiting sites. The Auburn High School star flipped his commitment from Alabama to Auburn over the summer after moving with his mother to Auburn from Georgia.

Foster told 247Sports that he is now considering five schools: Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Washington and Miami.

Foster, who is rated the No. 1 player on al.com's A-List of the top senior players in the state, has taken unofficial visits in recent months to Georgia, LSU and Washington, while Alabama has reportedly continued to pursue the one-time Crimson Tide commit.

Foster also told Auburn Undercover that he will still consider Auburn before making his final decision.

In an interview with ESPN earlier this week, Foster said "If Trooper Taylor stays at Auburn, I am all in. If he goes, I will see where he goes too. I just need to see where he ends up. If he goes to another school, I will go there. Hopefully that school will want me too because I would love to follow him."

New Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn announced earlier this week that all assistant coaches at Auburn would be dismissed and have to re-apply for their position

Sealy-Jones is almost guaranteed to play w/his boy brandon williams, the OU transfer sitting out this year (a&m). They're close friends, and him, along with playing w/the eventual heisman winner for 3yrs pretty much seals this one up. no pun intended.
TAMU it is....nice get

Stud juco qb jake waters is deciding between Psu and kstate in about an hour

Had interest from bama and Texas too

2 years of this kid would mean hack could redshirt and not have to play till he was a redshirt sophomore And then he could play in the rose bowl his junior year before taking home the title his senior year!

Its all coming together!!!

longorns shedding commits like mack just signed an extension. the TE from belmont (durham smythe) is opened back up, refusing to reconsider UT at all. Stanford or ND is a likely choice for the good student.

TAMU it is....nice get

the other side of that story is eric dickerson is sealy-jones' cousin or uncle or some shit. And the hate that dickerson has for UT is legendary. Shit got reeeaaalll shady when he was being recruited, and he never forgave UT

In LSU recruiting news, this will be a huge weekend for official visits to LSU as Coach Miles and his staff will be entertaining three big remaining targets for this year's class. The three are Priest Willis (S/CB, 6'2", 200, Tempe, AZ), Maquedius Bain (DT, 6'3", 305, Fort Lauderdale, FL), and Josh McNeil (TE, 6'5", 226, Durham, NC). McNeil is currently committed to Alabama but is still taking official visits, and he's had some great things to say about LSU and Coach Miles on Twitter. Willis, as most of you know, is the big-time safety from Tempe, AZ, who was supposed to visit LSU on a couple of previous occasions but was unable. It looks like he will make it in this weekend, and I'm feeling better and better about LSU’s chances with him. Bain is the prospect who I think is most likely to commit this weekend and that would be huge for LSU as another DL is a big priority for this class. I will be monitoring the situation closely, and those of you who follow me on Twitter will be among the first to know if LSU picks up a commitment.
Several of the top players who have already committed to LSU will also be visiting this weekend. These include Louisiana’s own John Diarse (ATH, 6'0", 200, Neville) and Josh Boutte (OL, 6'5", 300, Westgate) who are ranked No. 2 and No. 10 respectively on our list of Top Louisiana Football Prospects for 2013. Out-of-state LSU commits who will be visiting this weekend include Andy Dodd (OG/C, 6'4", 325, Lindale, GA), Ethan Pocic (OL, 6'6", 280, Lemont, IL) and the two QBs – Anthony Jennings (6'2", 202, Marietta, GA) and Hayden Rettig (6'3.5". 215, Los Angeles). Speaking of those two quarterbacks, in this article 247Sports named LSU as having the best quarterback recruiting class in the nation.

Great day for KSU recruiting, got even better earlier tonight. Former Mizzou commit Nick Ramirez committed to KSU as well

was colin klein a juco guy? does k state recruit high school kids anymore?

and smoke dont think you should be too worried, tyler ferguson is #1 juco qb (8th overall player) and decommited from Houston once Waters said no to psu. ferguson should commit today to your boys.

was colin klein a juco guy? does k state recruit high school kids anymore?

and smoke dont think you should be too worried, tyler ferguson is #1 juco qb (8th overall player) and decommited from Houston once Waters said no to psu. ferguson should commit today to your boys.

No Klein was not a juco. Yeah we recruit HS kids but get a majority of our recruits from the great jucos here in KS.

got to see drake harris wr from grand rapids mich state commit, the best wr i have ever personally watched in high school and hes only a junior, hear he is a better basketball player. dude is like randy moss, tore up my st marys team.

smoke looks like you got ferguson, 0, 2 and 4 stars between rivals, scout, and 247, respectively. things that make you go hmmmm

No Klein was not a juco. Yeah we recruit HS kids but get a majority of our recruits from the great jucos here in KS.

curious why you guys didn't land JUCO DT Combs and KU was able to. Were you guys not recruiting him?

Think Combs has/had some off-field issues. Think a lot of teams didn't go after him that hard b/c of it. No way does that kind of talent land at KU on the regular.

Think Combs has/had some off-field issues. Think a lot of teams didn't go after him that hard b/c of it. No way does that kind of talent land at KU on the regular.
I know he was not eligible to play in the SEC because of some JUCO class requirement he didn't have.

I saw a few of his High School games on Fox Sports West out here and he looked decent. Had the son of another famous person on the team who played receiver but name eludes me. Anyway, he is better than the backups I saw trying to throw forward passes when the Tulane starter was out this year so it can't be too bad a thing for tulane fan.

Sat next to Shaun King in a poker tourney out here maye 8 years ago .. nice guy and played decent. Those backups this year threw like girls....

I know he was not eligible to play in the SEC because of some JUCO class requirement he didn't have.

It is the math requirement that is keeping a ton of these kids from the SEC.

Don't think we ever truly considered Combs since we were targeting Martrell Spaight instead. Unfortunately Arkansas just offered Spaight, and he is a HUGE 'Hogs fan, so we may lose him. However he would have to take the math class to qualify there.

LSU entertained several top recruits this weekend and picked up a big verbal pledge from Marquedius Bain (DT, 6'3", 305, Fort Lauderdale, FL).Those of you who follow DandyDonLSU on Twitter saw that I tweeted the news yesterday afternoon after confirming it with my source on the LSU side, but then a little later Bain tweeted, “I didn't commit yet people but will commit at the under amour (sp.) all star game.” However, the cat (or the Tiger in this case) was already out of the bag. Bain seems to have a great attitude about the way this played out and later tweeted, “I love these LSU fans.” Bain has offers from Alabama, Florida, Miami, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and many others, and will make his official declaration on January 4 at the Under Armour All-Star game. Out of respect for Bain, I will not include him on our commitment list until he has his time in the spotlight on national TV.LSU also made quite an impression on three other big-time recruits this weekend in Jamal Carter, Priest Willis and Josh McNeil. Of the three, the most likely to be LSU's next commitment is Jamal Carter, the 6-1, 175 four-star safety who is currently committed to Miami. Carter and his family reopened his recruitment because of concerns over Miami's looming NCAA investigation. I've learned that Carter was thoroughly impressed with his visit to LSU and the staff feels very good about where they stand. Priest Willis, also a superstar safety, really enjoyed his visit as well and tweeted some very encouraging things about his experience in Baton Rouge. I suspect that Willis’ decision/announcement won't be made for a while, and that even if LSU gets a commitment from Carter in the meantime they would make room for Willis. McNeil (6'5", 226, Durham, NC) is the tight end who is currently committed to Alabama. I don't know if his experience at LSU was enough to flip him, but I do know that he thoroughly enjoyed his visit. McNeil, Carter, Willis and Bain all spent a lot of time with All-American and projected first-rounder Eric Reid who made quite an impression on them.

Back