2013 NFL Draft In-Game...

Barkley will be good imo. Best one of the bunch. Coming in underrated. He's pro ready and had no Oline this year. Was throwing ropes.

Barkley will be good imo. Best one of the bunch. Coming in underrated. He's pro ready and had no Oline this year. Was throwing ropes.

hes certainly a question mark. heres the thing, o line sucked, yeah but he had 2 of the best WRs in cfb and didnt produce. also, the history of USC qbs is working against him. well see.

<iframe src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/nfl.events/draft/2013/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/165100;s1=draft;s2=2013;s3=mock-drafts;s4=daniel-jeremiah;s5=165100;slot=top;url=draft_2013_mock-drafts_daniel-jeremiah_165100;nfl=ad;!category=;kw=;tile=1;test=;sz=728x90;;u=54707408090946788250263016697654351587;dcopt=ist;ord=8372692910488695?" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="728" height="90" allowtransparency="true" style="margin: 0px auto;"></iframe>

Prev
  • APR 26 - 28
    active-draft.png
  • JUL 23
    active-training-camp.png
  • SEP 05 - 10
    active-kickoff.png
  • OCT 28
    active-international-series.png
  • NOV 22
    active-thanksgiving.png
  • JAN 05 - 20
    active-playoffs.png
  • JAN 19
    active-east-west-shrine.png
  • JAN 26
    active-senior-bowl.png
  • JAN 27
    active-pro-bowl.png
  • FEB 02
    active-nfl-honors.png
  • FEB 03
    active-super-bowl.png
  • FEB 23 - 26
    active-combine.png
  • APR 25 - 27
    active-draft.png

Next

<iframe src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/nfl.events/draft/2013/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/165100;s1=draft;s2=2013;s3=mock-drafts;s4=daniel-jeremiah;s5=165100;slot=header;url=draft_2013_mock-drafts_daniel-jeremiah_165100;nfl=ad;!category=;kw=;tile=2;test=;sz=470x55;ord=3771561619360000?" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="470" height="55" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

2013 NFL MOCK DRAFT
[h=2]NFL Mock Draft 2.0: Geno Smith goes to Chiefs[/h]
2012_Jeremiah-65x90.jpg

By Daniel Jeremiah |
Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network
Published: <abbr id="article-time" class="value" title="2013-02-08T12:22:04-0500" style="border: 0px;">Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:22 p.m.</abbr>

Super Bowl XLVII has come and gone. Now all 32 teams are focusing their attention on free agency and April's 2013 NFL Draft. The roster shuffling that takes place during free agency can greatly affect a team's drafting philosophy, but it's still a fun exercise to compile a mock draft during this time of year.

There isn't a consensus top pick in this draft, but the overall depth of talent is excellent. There just isn't much difference between the 15th-best player in this draft and the 45th. The defensive tackle position is loaded and there will be several selected in the first round. Offensive tackle is another strong position, while quarterback and running back lack both top-tier talent and depth.

Without further ado, here is my second Mock Draft ...

<small style="line-height: 13px; font-family: 'Myriad Pro', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: middle;">»</small> PREVIOUS JEREMIAH MOCK DRAFTS: JAN. 14

• PICK NO.
    1​

GENO SMITH
    QB
    WEST VIRGINIA

If the Chiefs are unable to re-sign offensive tackle Branden Albert, this pick will likely be spent on Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel. Assuming Albert's still around, I could see Andy Reid making the decision to roll the dice with Smith's upside at the quarterback position.
  • PICK NO.
    2​

JARVIS JONES
    OLB
    GEORGIA

Pass rush in the No. 1 area of need for the Jaguars. New head coach Gus Bradley employs a scheme that can feature an undersized pass rusher like Jones (see: Bruce Irvin in Seattle). General manager David Caldwell spent the majority of his scouting career in Indianapolis, where undersized pass rushers Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis enjoyed tremendous success.
  • PICK NO.
    3​

SHARRIF FLOYD
    DT
    FLORIDA

The Raiders need a dynamic player on their defensive front. Floyd has outstanding quickness and could quickly emerge as one of the NFL's top interior pass rushers.
  • PICK NO.
    4​

STAR LOTULELEI
    DT
    UTAH

The Eagles are focused on getting bigger on defense as they adjust their scheme with a new coaching staff. Lotulelei would form an excellent tandem with last year's first-round pick, Fletcher Cox.
  • PICK NO.
    5​

LUKE JOECKEL
    OT
    TEXAS A&M

In this scenario, the Lions would be ecstatic. Joeckel is the top offensive tackle in the draft, and he would start in Detroit from Day 1. Current left tackle Jeff Backus is 35 years old, while starting right tackle Gosder Cherilus is about to become an unrestricted free agent. Joeckel could team up with Riley Reiff to provide the Lions with two very tough, smart and physical building blocks to protect Matthew Stafford.
  • PICK NO.
    6​

DEE MILLINER
    CB
    ALABAMA

The Browns could go in a number of different directions with this pick. The previous regime was sky high on Oregon linebacker Dion Jordan, but I have the current leadership electing to solidify the cornerback position. The AFC North has quietly evolved into a passing division, and Milliner would join Joe Haden to form an excellent coverage duo in Cleveland.
  • PICK NO.
    7​

ERIC FISHER
    OT
    CENTRAL MICHIGAN

There is a lot of buzz out there that the Cardinals are high on N.C. State QB Mike Glennon. I could very easily see them shoring up the left tackle position with Fisher and then trying to trade into the bottom of the first round to snag Glennon.
  • PICK NO.
    8​

DION JORDAN
    DE
    OREGON

I was with new Buffalo defensive coordinator Mike Pettine for four years in Baltimore. He loves versatile defenders who allow his creative mind to mess with opposing quarterbacks. Jordan is a perfect fit for that role.
  • PICK NO.
    9​

CORDARRELLE PATTERSON
    WR
    TENNESSEE

The Jets need explosive players on offense. Patterson is a perfect fit to provide some excitement on the outside. He also provides additional value on special teams, contributing as both a kick and punt returner.
  • PICK NO.
    10​

CHANCE WARMACK
    OG
    ALABAMA

The Titans have a solid pair of tackles, but they could use an upgrade on the interior of their offensive line. Warmack is a dominating run blocker and he doesn't have any trouble anchoring down versus powerful interior pass rushers. His presence would benefit both Jake Locker and Chris Johnson.
  • PICK NO.
    11​

LANE JOHNSON
    OT
    OKLAHOMA

I haven't been shy in expressing my feelings about Johnson's ability. He is just scratching the surface of how good he can become. The former junior college quarterback dominated at the Senior Bowl and would be an enormous upgrade at left tackle for the Chargers.
  • PICK NO.
    12​

KENNY VACCARO
    SS
    TEXAS

Vaccaro is one of my favorite players in this draft. He is an explosive hitter and boasts the speed and agility to cover in the slot. The Dolphins must add help at the receiver position, but they can address that need in another round. There isn't a Julio Jones or A.J. Green in this draft, but there is incredible depth at the position.
  • PICK NO.
    13​

DAMONTRE MOORE
    DE
    TEXAS A&M

Moore is a long, rangy defender who plays with a non-stop motor. I don't view him as the top-five talent many others see, but he is very capable of producing eight to 10 sacks on a yearly basis. And if Michael Bennett departs via free agency, this would fill a need for the Buccaneers.
  • PICK NO.
    14​

SHELDON RICHARDSON
    DT
    MISSOURI

I've never graded an interior defensive lineman with a better motor than Richardson. He routinely makes plays 20 to 30 yards downfield, chasing down ball carriers. He would give the Panthers an athletic interior presence to complement their edge rushers.
  • PICK NO.
    15​

BJOERN WERNER
    DE
    FLORIDA ST.

Werner is a tough player to evaluate. I love his initial quickness, balance and production, but I thought he lacked explosiveness in his hands at Florida State and never saw him convert speed to power as a rusher. Teams are very split on him. Some have him in the top 10, while others have him in the second round. I'll split the difference and put him right here.
  • PICK NO.
    16​

JONATHAN COOPER
    OG
    NORTH CAROLINA

The Rams need to upgrade their offensive line and Cooper is an outstanding talent who would start from Day 1. There are some teams that have him rated as one of the top 10 players in this draft. He has the ability to play any of the three interior positions.
  • PICK NO.
    17​

BARKEVIOUS MINGO
    DE
    LSU

Pittsburgh is always on the lookout for talented edge rushers and Mingo fits that profile. He needs to get bigger and stronger, but his get-off quickness has teams excited.
  • PICK NO.
    18​

EZEKIEL ANSAH
    DE
    BYU

Ansah had a poor week of practice at the Senior Bowl, but he made up for it with a dominant performance in the game. He is still incredibly raw, but he has the tools to develop into a double-digit sack artist at the next level.
  • PICK NO.
    19​

ALEC OGLETREE
    ILB
    GEORGIA

The Giants could spend this pick on an offensive lineman, but Ogletree might be too intriguing to pass up. He has excellent size, range and explosiveness. If he just took on blocks with his hands instead of turning his shoulder, he would likely be a top-10 pick.
  • PICK NO.
    20​

KEVIN MINTER
    ILB
    LSU

Minter might lack ideal size, but he plays with excellent instincts, toughness and quickness. He made a ton of plays for LSU's defense and would provide the Bears with some much-needed youth at the linebacker spot.
  • PICK NO.
    21​

MANTI TE'O
    ILB
    NOTRE DAME

Is there a team better equipped to handle the Te'o situation? Marvin Lewis has dealt with Chad Johnson/Ochocinco, Terrell Owens, the late Chris Henry, Pacman Jones and Vontaze Burfict. He'll gladly welcome questions about a fake girlfriend. All of the craziness aside, Te'o is a solid player and would fill a need for the Bengals.
  • PICK NO.
    22​

MENELIK WATSON
    OT
    FLORIDA ST.

Watson is the offensive version of Ezekiel Ansah. He is very raw, but his upside is sky high. He lacks the size of Alabama's D.J. Fluker, but he is much quicker and projects as a better pass protector at the next level.
  • PICK NO.
    23​

DEANDRE HOPKINS
    WR
    CLEMSON

Minnesota's passing attack was non-existent in 2012. Hopkins is a versatile playmaker who would be an excellent complement to receiver Percy Harvin and tight end Kyle Rudolph.
  • PICK NO.
    24​

KAWANN SHORT
    DT
    PURDUE

Short dominated all week long at the Senior Bowl. He has the power and quickness to play in either a three- or four-man front. After focusing on offense in last year's draft, expect the Colts to address the defensive side of the ball this April. Short's effort has been called into question by some evaluators, but Indianapolis general manager Ryan Grigson played at Purdue and should be able to get to the bottom of that issue.
  • PICK NO.
    25​

KEENAN ALLEN
    WR
    CALIFORNIA

Russell Wilson was outstanding last season, and it only makes sense to continue to surround him with playmakers. Allen isn't going to test well in Indy and could easily fall into Pete Carroll's lap with this selection.
  • PICK NO.
    26​

XAVIER RHODES
    CB
    FLORIDA ST.

Can he run? That is the main question surrounding Rhodes. He is very good on tape. He's long, athletic and knows how to play the ball in the air. However, I never saw him really tested deep to gauge his top speed. If he runs under a 4.5 40-yard dash, he could go much higher than this spot.
  • PICK NO.
    27​

ERIC REID
    FS
    LSU

The Texans need to upgrade the secondary. Reid would be a good fit in their defensive system. He didn't play as well last season as he did in 2011, but his size, range and ball skills are very enticing.
  • PICK NO.
    28​

SYLVESTER WILLIAMS
    DT
    NORTH CAROLINA

The Broncos don't have many glaring needs on their roster. They should be able to sit tight and just select the best available player. Williams is a quick interior pass rusher with enough strength to hold up versus the run. He was overshadowed at the Senior Bowl by Short, but he also had an impressive week of practice.
  • PICK NO.
    29​

JOHNATHAN HANKINS
    DT
    OHIO ST.

Hankins is a big, powerful run stuffer with a little bit of wiggle as a pass rusher. The Patriots could also look to address the cornerback position with this pick. Another option could be Florida safety Matt Elam.
  • PICK NO.
    30​

TYLER EIFERT
    TE
    NOTRE DAME

The Falcons will need to add a tight end in this draft if Tony Gonzalez does indeed end up retiring. There are several quality players to choose from. Eifert and Stanford's Zach Ertz have been mentioned with this Falcons pick, but I wouldn't sleep on Florida's Jordan Reed. His stock is quickly rising.
  • PICK NO.
    31​

TAVON AUSTIN
    WR
    WEST VIRGINIA

Can you imagine the explosive Austin in this offense? He can line up in the slot or in the backfield and he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. He would provide an endless amount of headaches for opposing defensive coordinators in San Francisco's system.
  • PICK NO.
    32​

SAM MONTGOMERY
    DE
    LSU

Baltimore is always going to take the best available player, regardless of position. That said, Montgomery would provide some much-needed insurance should the Ravens lose Paul Kruger to free agency. Montgomery would team up with Terrell Suggs and Courtney Upshaw to provide a diverse and dynamic outside pass-rushing trio.

lions should try something new, trade the f down and get more picks, then actually draft positions of need which is o line, d end, lb, cb, safety, wr, rb in no particular order.

I would do backflips if joeckel fell to Detroit. Not seeing it though.

if they stayed put i wouldnt bitch about warmack either. i am not sold on werner, like moore a bit better if they go d end. we know schwartz doesnt value corners, thats obvious, so doubt milliner would be pick that early.

1. joeckel
2. warmack (trade down)
3. milliner
4. moore
5. werner

they really shouldnt be considering anyone else unless they were to trade outside top 10, which will never happen as long as i am alive. they will probly trade up to 3 and take wr patterson.

Pre-combine position rankings for 2013 NFL Draft
+SHARE
By Mike Mayock
Published: February 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Modified: February 16, 2013 at 2:37 AM

With the NFL Scouting Combine beginning on Feb. 23, Mike Mayock unveils the first of his position-by-position rankings for the 2013 NFL Draft.

QUARTERBACK
1. Geno Smith, West Virginia
2. Matt Barkley, USC
3. Mike Glennon, NC State
4. Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
5. Landry Jones, Oklahoma

RUNNING BACK
1. Eddie Lacy, Alabama
2. Montee Ball, Wisconsin
3. Andre Ellington, Clemson
4. Giovani Bernard, North Carolina
5. Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina

WIDE RECEIVER
1. Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
2. Keenan Allen, Cal
3. Terrance Williams, Baylor
4. Tavon Austin, West Virginia
5. Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

TIGHT END
1. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
2. Zach Ertz, Stanford
3. Gavin Escobar, San Diego State
4. Travis Kelce, Cincinnati
5. Jordan Reed, Florida

CENTER
1. Travis
<frederick, wisconsin=""
2. Brian Schwenke, Cal
3. Barrett Jones, Alabama
4. Khaled Holmes, USC
5. Braxston Cave, Notre Dame

GUARD
1. Chance Warmack, Alabama
2. Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
3. Larry Warford, Kentucky
4. Kyle Long, Oregon
5. Brian Winters, Kent State

TACKLE
1. Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
2. Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
3. Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
4. D.J. Fluker, Alabama
T-5. Menelik Watson, Florida State
T-5. Justin Pugh, Syracuse

DEFENSIVE END
1. Bjoern Werner, Florida State
2. Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
3. Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
4. Sam Montgomery, LSU
T-5. Datone Jones, UCLA
T-5. Margus Hunt, SMU

DEFENSIVE TACKLE
1. Sharrif Floyd, Florida
2. Star Lotulelei, Utah
3. Sheldon Richardson, Missouri
4. Sylvester Williams, North Carolina
T-5. Kawann Short, Purdue
T-5. Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State

OUTSIDE LINEBACKER
1. Dion Jordan, Oregon
2. Jarvis Jones, Georgia
3. Khaseem Greene, Rutgers
4. Barkevious Mingo, LSU
5. Arthur Brown, Kansas State

INSIDE LINEBACKER
1. Alec Ogletree, Georgia
2. Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
3. Kevin Minter, LSU
4. Kevin Reddick, North Carolina
5. Kiko Alonso, Oregon

CORNERBACK
1. Dee Milliner, Alabama
2. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
3. Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
4. Desmond Trufant, Washington
5. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

SAFETY
1. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
2. Matt Elam, Florida
3. Johnathan Cyprien, Florida International
4. Eric Reid, LSU
5. Zeke Motta, Notre Dame</frederick,>

Smack down at 15. Saints cannot afford to fuck this up. Gotta be the best D guy there, fuck postion. Need help all over. Prefer not be a CB/S obv, which looks right

draft insider.net:

- Quarterback Ryan Nassib is back on the Syracuse campus preparing for the combine where he’s working with two well known names. Former NFL offensive coordinator Paul Hackett as well as Ken Anderson, starting quarterback with the Cincinnati Bengals for 17 years and himself a quarterbacks and receivers coach in the league, are both helping Nassib fine tune his game. At present time the game plan includes Nassib throwing at the combine later this month. Where will the quarterback fall in the draft? We hear three teams who select at the top of round two, including the Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles and New York Jets, think highly of Nassib. Its not out of the question one of these teams moves back into the late part of round one to select the Syracuse product.

The only problem with this reasoning is that it won't be shocking to see the Bills grab Nassib with the 8th overall pick. Personally, I think it's an absolutely horrible idea, but with Marrone (and the Syracuse OC) now here in Buffalo, it looks as if the Bills are looking in Nassib's direction.

I would much rather the Bills either wait until the 2nd round or trade back into the back end of the 1st round to take him, but the Bills front office is a joke and they always make the worst decision possible.

Any team who takes one of these QBs in the top 20 picks deserves to be financially strapped for the next few years...and they likely will be.

Dion Jordan will be an interesting one because his body (once he bulks up) will be more typical of a DE (think Jeavon Kearse or Simeon Rice), but his skill set and style are much more characteristic of OLBs. I hate the word tweener but he is actually a decent example of it because right now his body and his abilities are still divergent.

5th time in four seasons? You're being kind. The Browns have had a brand new (for them) first time starting QB 9 times in 10 years, all but once since Tim Couch. Think the legendary Charlie Frye pulled it off twice.

I don't see what's wrong with continuing down the road with Brandon Weeden. He wasn't like the other rookies, but I also didn't think he was terrible. He's need at least one more season.

Until I see one guy who played QB in an Air Raid or other gimmicky offense in college succeed in the pros, I'm a non-believer.

And don't say Cam. Only took 1 season for defense to adjust to him, he was garbage this year. Same with RGIII, I need more than 1 season before I'm ready to crown him legit.

you are on crack if you thought Cam was "garbage" this season. People love to say what you just said bc NOBODY WATCHES THE PANTHERS. They just assume he was terrible. There's no question the season started off rocky, but that had more to do with the coaching staff taking the option read out of the offense and treating him as if he was Dan Marino. Then, when the coaching staff finally came to their senses and implemented his rookie season offense about midway through (when Rivera officially went on the hot seat), Cam and the offense started putting up points and yards and becoming competitive.

Cam will always hold up bc of his inhuman size. RGIII is another question even though he may be a better <20 yard distance throwing QB than Cam.

Cam's around to stay.

think Barkley's a bigger bust than all of them. Geno will be mediocre. This is all a case of teams trying to create something that isnt there. Everyone wants this years Luck, RG3 or Wilson and can't accept the fact that there simply is no Luck RG3 or Wilson.

I wouldnt take any of these guys in the top 10. Later in the 1st I'd consider Geno or Nassib if the team's scouts like them.

Im just praying Philly ends up with EJ

Great post, D. Unless someone really steps up and over produces, this years QB's are average at best. Nassib is probably my favorite. I've seen enough of EJ Manuel to know he won't produce squat in the NFL. But who knows. EJ has the arm strength and the motor, but he lacks it upstairs in his head. Way too many dumb plays at Free Shoes the last three or four years.

Any team who takes one of these QBs in the top 20 picks deserves to be financially strapped for the next few years...and they likely will be.

No they won't. Sure the QB might be a bust, but it won't cripple the team financially - not with the new rookie wage scale in place

The first offical freak performance of the combine so far

Terron Armstead

4.71 40 time
1.64 10 time
31 reps
34.5 vert

...at 306 pounds :shocked:

you are on crack if you thought Cam was "garbage" this season. People love to say what you just said bc NOBODY WATCHES THE PANTHERS. They just assume he was terrible. There's no question the season started off rocky, but that had more to do with the coaching staff taking the option read out of the offense and treating him as if he was Dan Marino. Then, when the coaching staff finally came to their senses and implemented his rookie season offense about midway through (when Rivera officially went on the hot seat), Cam and the offense started putting up points and yards and becoming competitive.

Cam will always hold up bc of his inhuman size. RGIII is another question even though he may be a better <20 yard distance throwing QB than Cam.

Cam's around to stay.
Agree. I see him a bunch from Auburn and the Saints play em twice, It gets old trying to defend him...He is legit, The folks that say he isnt are crazy in my estimation.

Panther fans want him long term?

:thumbsup:

In his Combine media interview, LSU DE Sam Montgomery admitted to betting in college and taking games -- not plays --games off when the Tigers faced lesser opponents.

Montgomery's agent should have advised him before the Combine that saying things like this is not smart. At all. "Some weeks when we didn’t have to play the harder teams, there were some times when effort was not needed," Montgomery said. "But when we had the big boys coming in, the ‘Bamas or the South Carolinas, I grabbed close to those guys and went all out." Montgomery detailed "hundreds of dollars" in bets with teammate Barkevious Mingo, including one for $5,000 on which LSU defensive end will be drafted higher. We'd wager -- heavily -- that it won't be Montgomery. Draft insider Tony Pauline reported late Saturday that LSU's coaching staff has been "slamming" Montgomery to NFL teams.

:thumbsup:

In his Combine media interview, LSU DE Sam Montgomery admitted to betting in college and taking games -- not plays --games off when the Tigers faced lesser opponents.

Montgomery's agent should have advised him before the Combine that saying things like this is not smart. At all. "Some weeks when we didn’t have to play the harder teams, there were some times when effort was not needed," Montgomery said. "But when we had the big boys coming in, the ‘Bamas or the South Carolinas, I grabbed close to those guys and went all out." Montgomery detailed "hundreds of dollars" in bets with teammate Barkevious Mingo, including one for $5,000 on which LSU defensive end will be drafted higher. We'd wager -- heavily -- that it won't be Montgomery. Draft insider Tony Pauline reported late Saturday that LSU's coaching staff has been "slamming" Montgomery to NFL teams.
LSU-Offices.png

That was sick but the 11'7 broad is more impressive. Pretty sure that's a combine record regardless of position. Even more insane he did it at 250 lbs

Honey Badger don't give a shit....about the weight room. Just 4 reps on the bench. How is that even possible?!

Back