RetroVK

This claim is disputed
updated through week 6
overall 34-29-2
Sides 20-23-2
moneyline dogs 0-1
totals 14-5
middles/teasers/parlays/traps/etc 2-2 + $420

Ok , finally in a better area as far as the record is concerned. First thing to address is the nice $50 moneyline parlay i played with emich and iowa. Really should have won that bet but iowa just kept blowing chances all game to score and lost by 3. Coaches decision making and Stanzi ability to turn it over deep in opponent territory twice and deep in own territory once made it difficult as well. Disappointing to miss out on a higher eward investment and 2150 bucks. As usual i will recap games from worst capped to best capped from this past week.

Tennessee -15 loser -- I did a bad job of having correct QB information for this game. It is my job to have that and I failed miserably. In addition to that, I completely misinterpreted who would win the battle at the line of scrimmage when Tennessee had the ball. NIU loaded up the line of scrimmage , forcing Tennessee to beat them with Stephens arm. It became apparent early that this was not going to happen. In addition , once the niu DB's figured out that the vols didn't gameplan to throw deep they just sat on the short patterns. Vols did connect on one long td throw which was the only TD of the game. Sickeningly poorly capped game. When an SEC team is at home to a MAC team and the SEC team has underachieved , I expect a physically dominating performance. Not even close. Tennessee had 9 first downs and 225 yards of offense , in a game where i laid over two td. Possibly my worst capped game of the year , but memories are short i suppose

rutgers/wvu over 44.5 --loser -- Really just did not get what i wanted out of mike teel. He chose this game to not get picked off. The game plodded along methodically and there were only 31 total first downs in the game. Down 24-17 rutgers started their last possession at the wvu 44 but went nowhere. There was a scoring barrage late first half or this would not have been even close. wrong side but what a great number i got. And in my defense Pat "the pussy" White got hurt again and didn't play the entire second half .. have to think that cost me a score. With that said , the fact that this guy routiniely sits out with hangnail injuries and/or a dislocated vagina has to be considered whenever makign a bet that revolves around the mountaineers scoring. Also zero turnovers in the game. Not badly capped I don't think... but the wrong side for sure in my opinion.

temple/miamioh over 39 loser ---- lost this one as it fell 38 and i did have a missed fg so going over was definitely possible. A large portion of this bet was that i thought temple could put a few points on the board ( thought line was overadjusted for week prior performance against wmich ) and miamioh as a 7 point favorite meant that they should score as well. temple put up 28 but miamioh could only muster 10 at home. just 31 first downs though they did put up just short of 600 yards combined on offense. Never really felt like i was going to win this bet the entire game but almost got it anyway. I never saw a 38 on the game but didnt see a line the last two hours prior to kickoff... so i dont feel badly about the one point loss as i might otherwise. eh it was a coin flip which means it was a bad bet but as the third worst bet out of 12 , it also makes me feel decent about how i am capping right now.

Ohio/wmich over 50.5 -- Winner -- Still not sure how i won this. They scored 33 in the fourth quarter and this is one of the few games that i bet that i got no tv coverage for. There were 40 first downs and 859 yards of offense so statistically it should have gone over but it was 7-11 at halftime and 7-21 after third quarter. So following it on the ticker , i pretty much had written it off. So the game ended 10.5 points over the number but that must have been one strange fourth quarter. Would be interested in comments from anyone who watched the game.

penn state -12.5 -- Winner --Not really happy with this game despite winning the bet. There is a reason most winning cappers hate dd road favorites in conference ( see maryland ). Purdue missed some fg but penn state missed two td because of players slipping ( once on a screen pass and once on a cutback run , both inside the ten yardline ). With that said , i asked myself prior to the game if i saw the lions leading by 20 in the fourth quarter and i answered myself with a "yes" . They were up 20-0 before giving up the mid to late fourth quarter td to purdue ( missed extra point screwed a lot of purdue backers i am sure but had no bearing on my bet at -12.5 anyway ). statistically penn st should have won by more. 24-16 first down edge , 422-241 yardage edge.

cincy/marshall under 52.5 -- winner -- game went mostly as expected. I seriously considered playing abck at this game when it hit 47 as 47,48 , and 51 all seemed like reasonable numbers for the game to land on. As it turns out it looked as if it would land 50 ( score ws 33-10 )as cincy was driving very very late before an exhausted rb fumbled inside the 10. cincy dominated with their offensive line in this game and the marshall qb just is not a very capable passer. 669 total yards and 38 first downs. The number i got early in the week made this less of a sweat for me ... the folks who went under 47 , 48 , 49 later in the week had to be sweating bullets. Never a point in this game where i felt as if i was a dog to winning the bet.

tulsa -13.5 winner -- This would probably rate higher on my list of well capped games but i put a lot of trust into my conversations with pags concerning this game , so its hard to take a ton of credit here. I think he went 7-0 yesterday but i digress. Tulsa won 63-28 despite just a 124 yard advantage and 1 first down advantage. they benefitted from a nice turnover edge ( unique for me ) and also had one of the most amazing punt returns for td i have ever seen. It was the strangest .. not even sure how to describe it if you havent seen it but maybe it is on youtube now.

Wyoming/unm under 44 winner -- Wyoming was intercepted on the first play of the game and unm returned it for a td. I already began thinking i was in trouble. This was a qoute form last weeks thread ( smodod ) where i felt this was a concern. If wyoming doesn't give up a score to the unm defense ( they will try as they have not won a game ATS in their last 14 games ) i think this will be very low scoring. But after that the game settled down and 30 combined first downs and just 10 points scored over the last 3 quarters. Just 17 offensive points scored in the game. feel good about that bet.

iowa +10 -- winner -- when the game was sitting 16-6 i felt pretty good about having the best number EVER available on this game ( smodod #2 ). Iowa had more fist downs and more yards than michigan state and had turnovers kill them. they fumbled on 2nd and 1 from the michigan st 13 yardline on a qb sneak , were intercepted at the mich st 4 yardline on third and goal from the 5 , and fumbled and had it recovered by the spartans on the iowa 12 yardline as well. They also chose to go for it twice on fourth and short deep in mich st territory late in the game and failed both times. All this kind of stings as i had a tiny tiny ml parlay bet on iowa coupled with a 3 td dog where the 3td dog won outright. hurts.

illinois +3 -- winner -- Game went as advertised other than illinois started slow. In the first quarter i thought i was on the wrong side of this game but then everything we discussed last week came to fruition. illinois outgained them 501 - 319 ... and we were the dog. nuff said.

emcih +22 winner over 54.5 loser -- probably my best capped game of the year ( smodod #3 ). emich outfirstdowned bgsu 22-18 and outgained them 410-391. The 801 yards of offense usually means an easy cover at 54.5. I predicted that emich had a legit shot at winning this outright and they came through for me.

regrets -- Arizona. Arizona. Arizona. That is my only real regret this week. Had every reason to ebt this team and let the number scare me. With that said , i have principles to my betting style and one of those concerns laying over 3td. Hard to be too mad at myself about that but .... this game should have been an exception. The only other game resembling a regret for me was vanderbilt. Just so many sharps on that game that i should have had a little something on it. With that said , auburn could have been up 21-0 early in that game had it not been for a goalline stand and a missed expoint. So i cant feel too bad. Also , for the times when i am mad at being "over disciplined" with regards to Arizona , okie st , VT and flordia ( went 3-1 and should have been 1-3 ATS ) i also have to consider when the discipline helped me. i wanted 3 or 3.5 to bet wiscy and the +3 was off the board before i could blink and never returned ( landed 3 ). i didnt bet it at the worse number...yay. i wanted a 10 to bet asu and it never materialized so i laid off ( it landed 10 ) , and i lost a considerable amount of value in inidana and laid off and it fell 9 points. So while its easy to kick myself , i am sticking with my theme of this post and patting myself on the back instead. 12 made bets and only one of them was really bad ( though one of my worst capped games of the year no doubt ).

onto this week

locked in

lsu +4
tcu -14
louisville -6.5
arizona -6
ucf/miamiflorida under 52
utahst/sjsu over 47
michst/nw over 45.5
miamioh/niu over 41.5
kansasst/tamu under 63.5
FAU +4.5

strong leans

FAU +4 ( right team favored ?? )
iowa -6 ( will these guys ever catch a break ? )
michigan st -3 eliminated , northwestern added to tmo
usc -24 ( they are going to roll , will i actually lay it though ?? )
washington state +29 ( i love all the good teams )
miami ohio +11
bowling green -2 ( ponderous line but behind as far as capping this out to be sure yet )
tulsa -25 -- punter is not making the trip to Texas.
hawaii -7 ( improving every week , impossible travel for bad road team )

talk me off leans

northwestern +3
oregon -17
notre dame +7
michigan -16.5
cincy -9 ( priced out ?? already have cincy future over 6.5 wins )
southern miss +13 ( yeah i still think boise is overrated )

Last edited:
kyle,

appreciate the time today...interested to see how the card shapes up...

Last edited:
Also on TCU -14. Should be a pretty boring 31-10 kind of game IMO. 10 points i probably being rather kind in fact.

Holding my nose a bit with this ... Dalton should be ok to play. Need 28 from the offense to feel safe .. byu midweek game on deck.

TCU has just been dominating anyone not named oklahoma so far .. and even shut down ou running game.

Last edited:
kyle,

appreciate the time today...interested to see how the card shapes up...

This weeks menu ....

cheeseburger and macaroni hamburger helper.
burrito ( don't forget the salsa )
Blizzard

yeah great talking football with you too.

VK..you trust Jarret Lee?

Sure.

Performed well in bad spot and hostile environment against one of best defenses in the states ( auburn ) and performed again the following week against a pretty decent mississippi st defense.

Lee should be fine against what i think is a more vulnerable defense.

Personally , I don't think Florida has played a good 60 minutes yet , especially offensively and this is by far the best team that they have faced.

Never would ahve thought it possible for a defending national champion to be flying this far under the radar. Even vanderbilt is getting more press than these guys.

Sure.

Performed well in bad spot and hostile environment against one of best defenses in the states ( auburn ) and performed again the following week against a pretty decent mississippi st defense.

Lee should be fine against what i think is a more vulnerable defense.

Personally , I don't think Florida has played a good 60 minutes yet , especially offensively and this is by far the best team that they have faced.

Never would ahve thought it possible for a defending national champion to be flying this far under the radar. Even vanderbilt is getting more press than these guys.

true...I expect this number to go down to around 2 or so...just awful hard for me to bet against Florida because of their potential explosiveness. I also think in this particular spot revenge may be an issue and it being a night game at home are huge factors..

sorry, went off on a tangent on my thoughts in your thread.

gl buddy.

Alright added my leans .... and talk me offs ..... not as big of a fan of this card as some other weeks and i am concerned that my likes are a bit on the chalky side.

quick blurbs on the strong leans

FAU +4 -- alright , I admit it .. this line confuses me. I had FAu power rated higher than troy all year and now they are at home. i get that fau hasn't shown they know how to win. i get that Troy has MAJOR revenge here. But i dont think the game is being put into proper context. I think FAU was as dominant in defeat at mtsu as troy was in victory. This line tells me that they would make troy a 10 point favorite at home ( 3 points per home field ). no way. Only value here is with FAU and when i know one side of the bet has little value ... it usually means the other has significant value.

iowa -6 -- just think we are getting line value again and a good matchup again. Iowa outplays pitt in defeat , outplays nw in defeat and outplays mich st in defeat ... all spells a tasty line at indiana. Last year in this game i took indiana and the points and feel lucky to have won with a wierd play when kellen lewis threw a pass , completed it , the receiver fumbled and lewis picked it up and ran for a td. Atleast thats how i remember it. indiana scored 7 in a dome against minnesota....... iowa desperately needs the win. just played in a tougher environment in spartyland and dominated. a little concerned that this is second team on the strong leans list that seems to find ways to lose rather than to win. indiana is the worst team in the conference ( sorry purdue hehe )

michst -3 -- actually already eliminated and put northwestern on my talk me off leans list. had some discussion concerning this game and it convinced me to lay off. northwestern marks the first time i have leaned one way and the other team came onto my radar .. not sure i could stomach a play on nw after liking mich st originally so probably laying off the game altogether.

usc -24 -- carpenter is banged up and the offensive line rates to be dominated. tough spot with travel to cali , and then back to cali the next week. USC caught fire saturday and i dont see a letup. ASU is clearly an overrated ball club.

washington state +29 -- you know me .. i am a value guy. This line is ridiculous and its a tough spot for oregon st in a way. They get hyped up for usc and win ... have an emotional draining week but manage to get up for UTAH and should have won that game.... now how do you get up for washington st ?? and the line is sickly big. Sure oregons t won by 35 last year ... but they were +8 in turnovers. line is just too big. if oregon st gets to 50 i think i still have a chance.... that has to warrant a look.

miamiohio +11 -- not done with work here but i think we see a line based on miamioh loss at home to temple and NIU outplaying tennessee with Stephens at qb. Still have a lot of work to do on this one but the line is off by power rating by quite a bit. Also niu qb is a bit banged up even if probable. NIU a 5 point favorite at miamioh ??? me no think so.

bowling green -2 -- will get to this later as i am behind as far as finishing mac work .. but this line is wrong. period. These guys were just 22 over emich .. now off a loss just -2 at akron ?? hard to imagine that i dont play bgsu here. But again , i still have some details to look at.

tulsa -25 -- with fondy at center , me and ckr at guard , jumponboard and huntdog at tackle , texasfight at qb , broadway joe at rb , bluechip at fb , rj at TE , with santacapper and Dmoney at WR we could score on smu. Tulsa is a machine and style of play dictates a lot of possessions. Tulsa will continue to try and impress to get into bcs buster conversation with utah , byu and boise st. Pretty sure Tulsa is better than two of those three at this point.

hawaii -7 -- latech doesnt travel well , hawaii is coming into their own .. finally finding some stability at qb and learning new systems and developing trust with eachother. Team gets big win at fresno st and now gets latech to travel from Ruston all the way to hawaii. This is one of the toughest travel spot of the entire year. Certainly rivals cincy to hawaii or hawaii to florida. latech is most similar to sjsu imo ( watered down version ) and hawaii would have beat that team had it not been for a slew of turnovers. power rating makes this line higher ... again. .. is this game a hawaii -1 on a neutral ?? me no think so.

true...I expect this number to go down to around 2 or so...just awful hard for me to bet against Florida because of their potential explosiveness. I also think in this particular spot revenge may be an issue and it being a night game at home are huge factors..

sorry, went off on a tangent on my thoughts in your thread.

gl buddy.

sharing thoughts is what its all about. And i dont disagree that environment will be tough but these guys have already played in hostile territory and came out a winner. certainly revenge is an issue too. bottom line is that i just dont think florida is as good as everyone else seems to. And once again , i think the line is inflated. it opened 6 , i was just too damn slow to get it.

arkansas , hawaii , and even ole miss arent the same animal that lsu defense is ... much closer to miami florida defense and should have similar success against tebow and company. also think lsu rates to move the ball better on florida than any previous gator opponent. considered ml but urban meyer vs les miles ........

hawaii- was leaning that way too after the big emotional win in fresno.... but also see it as a possible look-ahead spot for them

they go from their midnight saturday/sunday morning game to having to play in boise @ 8pm on friday night on primetime TV..... which is really the biggest game of the season for them so far being 3-2 and boise 4-0.

agree with USC. time for them to run the table and make a push for BCS. they will not let up with big leads... not like fucking BYU
IMO toughest game they have left is going to be in arizona.... they play cal but get them at home and cal is a different team on the road. USC matches up well against them too.

wazzou- hope you have some tums. i can never back that team. fade them yes, back them or play an under w/ them in a game- no.
not saying its a bad play just cant risk money on that deadbeat apathetic squad.

tulsa ill be on too... agree there
I dont see them punting more then once... and if mitchell continues to turn the ball over its done early.

looks like a solid card. GL VK!

Quick blurbs on the TMO leans

northwestern +3 -- going to be hard for me to play for obvious reasons stated earlier... but this team threw for over 500 last year against mich st , have a veteran team with an experienced qb , are coming off of a bye week , are 9-3 ATS as a home dog the last few years , facing a team that is kind of skating through up to this point. At 5-0 these guys might be believing this is the year. Concern lies in giving up over 4 a carry to syracuse and duke and a lot more per carry against iowa. NW has been outplayed in a few of their wins as well .. at duke and at iowa. Bad home favorite but great home dog historically. Also , as someone mentioned to me .. at what point do all of Ringers carries start wearing him down a little ?? like i said .. probably laying off.

oregon -17 -- team is jsut a different animal at home and they are going to be an angry team facing a ucla team that doesnt travel well right now. We saw what byu spread did to them , we saw what arizona spread did to them and against quality opponents they are being out firstdowned by about 7 a game. bear is going to lay down and die.... can i trust oregon with their qb situation to bounce back ?

notre dame +7 -- just a game where i see a defensive battle where points will matter ... where every score will be hard earned. in those types of games i love having the points ... in those types of games if notre dame were to score the first td , i would feel in complete control of the game. unc should win ....but notre dame is a live dog and they are giving up just 19 points a game. Concern would be nd only seond road game and lost first by 16 to michst. ........ if they give up 23-24 ... am i really ever out of contention ?? thoughts please because i think unc will be a huge public play and if this goes to 7.5 i think i may ahve to pounce.

michigan -16.5 -- something is wrong with toledo ........ and this is a tough spot to fix those problems .. have more on this game but like i said ... i am behind and finishing up my MAC work and dont want to comment much as i hate eating my words ( almost as much as losing a utah utes avatar bet ).

cincy -9 -- Rutgers has no identity as a football team , they have no chemistry offensively and quite frankly ... i am not sure how talented they are. Cincy has been road tested for a few games and should be ready for conference home opener. Brian kelly is a coach. line got away from me a little and i do already have a cincy future ...help.

southern miss +13 -- underrated team vs overrated team. underrated team is at home for a high profile game for them and overrated team is on an ooc road trip where they traditionally struggle ( oregon game aside ). smiss has skill players that can score on boise .,...... do i need the 14 ?? already being bet down by the wiseguys but does it get bet back up by the public ??

hawaii- was leaning that way too after the big emotional win in fresno.... but also see it as a possible look-ahead spot for them

they go from their midnight saturday/sunday morning game to having to play in boise @ 8pm on friday night on primetime TV..... which is really the biggest game of the season for them so far being 3-2 and boise 4-0.

agree with USC. time for them to run the table and make a push for BCS. they will not let up with big leads... not like fucking BYU
IMO toughest game they have left is going to be in arizona.... they play cal but get them at home and cal is a different team on the road. USC matches up well against them too.

wazzou- hope you have some tums. i can never back that team. fade them yes, back them or play an under w/ them in a game- no.
not saying its a bad play just cant risk money on that deadbeat apathetic squad.

tulsa ill be on too... agree there
I dont see them punting more then once... and if mitchell continues to turn the ball over its done early.

looks like a solid card. GL VK!

Thanks cap ... really spent a long time discussing the card this week with some other cappers prior to openers. we liked some similar stuff which is nice but we also all agreed it wasnt our favorite card of the year.

as far as hawaii ,,, i can see what you are saying as far as lookahead but what about latechs spot ?? they had to travel to boise and go back home and then travel to hawaii ??

i think the books dont know how high to line wash st anymore...... but looking over previously lined games ( granted wazzu got murdered in all of them ) this line makes little sense. Another spot where i KNOW there is little value to the oregon st side of the bet and that probably means value on the cougars here.

carolinablue line .....
161 washington state
162 oregon state -24

rj line ....

161 washington state
162 oregon state -24

dmoney line .......

161 washington state
162 oregon state -22.5

my line

oregon st -24

Are we all that far off ??? or are the books tired of losing money on washington state when no one will bet on them so they have to greatly inflate the line... i know which i believe ..... just trying to decide if i want to take the tums or not ...

Are we all that far off ??? or are the books tired of losing money on washington state when no one will bet on them so they have to greatly inflate the line... i know which i believe ..... just trying to decide if i want to take the tums or not ...

therein lies the question of the week:smiley_acbe:

carolinablue line .....
161 washington state
162 oregon state -24

rj line ....

161 washington state
162 oregon state -24

dmoney line .......

161 washington state
162 oregon state -22.5

my line

oregon st -24

I got the line -29 if you want to know.

Also like to add that I just took Troy. FAU should have been blown out in MTSU.MTSU offense completely laid an egg.MTSU defense had all those turnovers and gave that offense great field position all night.The OC for MTSU dropped the ball.He goes deep 4 times in the game and has success 3 times. Instead he wants to throw screens and run draws. I got this game at -10 like you stated.Every way I could come up with a line Troy is a -7 or higher.Is it a sucker bet...maybe but I will take a shot on the better team imo who gave OSU a run for their money in OSU.Gl buddy.

excellent analysis as usual kyle...looks like you are getting ready to have another winning week...

sup kyle...... i'm seeing LSU at +6 on my book now. Any reason on the line movement? Injuries or just people taking Florida?

When are the books going to catch on to Arizona? (i think they can win the Pac-10, at least 2nd best in that conference by far.) I think Zona and Ville are fishy lines, probably the best value as far as who I would perceive to be best on paper.

All these damn big ten games are close. I really believe IU, NWestern, Minney are all about the same and can give most of the big boys a run for their money. I think that leaves Purdue as the worst team. But NWestern was physically dominated by Iowa, 4 fumbles or something, they should of lost to Duke. I strongly believe Dantonio is not going to allow a crazy NWestern passing attack and believe in the 2nd year they are vastly better their, Cal the run beat them not the pass. Forget the lookahead, MSU is consistent and tough, and matchup wise MSU should physically manhandle NWestern all over the field. I do think it will be close however, but for anybody looking at NWestern, I personally would not touch them Cats vs. nobody, CJ Bacher is playing with fire. I can't believe they out turnovered Iowa.

-----Some UF-LSU discussion.

Some very good cappers on LSU. I believe in every game that LSU is going to have the rush the ball stop the run advantage. Usually, I think that's the bottom line when capping games. But LSU is not getting anything anywhere else. They are very apt to playing close games right now. The Auburn game LSU had a 110 yard rushing advantage but they needed to come back and win. In conference games, these teams know each other inside and out and the offenses know the blitz packages inside and out from playing year after year. Auburn's crappy pass O was able to get 250 due to creating some one on one opportunities on the blitz.

Kind of like last year Aub-LSU right? The rushing statistics were the same but LSU had 319 in the air and lost the turnover margin by two whereas this year LSU won the TO margin. LSU also demonstrated two 300 yard passing performances in their first three games LY. Not sure how much I want to take away from this as certainly LSU wasn't Missouri like LY but there is something missing, to how much or what degree, by the loss of Zinger, Doucet, Flynn. Maybe Crowten hasn't opened it up as much and just relied on Bo smashmouth.

Let's look at last year's matchup. LSU, at home, revenge on their mind, (kind of similar situation to UF this year) and UF comes in and really I think should have won the game. UF 247 on the ground LY!!!

This year, UF at home, revenge, and maybe the loss to Ole Miss a little refocus and sense of urgency for this one. First, UF Oline not the same quality as last years. What UF does have is weapons on the outside. This is where I think UF could get a little something on LSU, ala Auburn. We probably won't be seeing the Tebow runs because they wouldn't work anyhow, but Meyer is very good at the wr screens, Harvin pitchback reverses, the sideline to sideline action. And for the record I think Tebow can still throw the ball. The motion that UF uses in their sets, they will create some opportunities downfield or via dumps and runs from playmakers.

Defensively, UF matches up well against the run of LSU as that IMO is still a pretty strong point of this UF defense. This is where I think their might be some disagreement. Ole Miss did run for 140 on Florida, Tenny had 96. LSU will overpower at times, but that is not going to score many points. I'm just not seeing the big play potential here for LSU, and that is the reason why Ole Miss won the game. UF had a 24-10 first down advantage. I think the UF defense might pose a tougher challenge than the Auburn defense. I think it will be really difficult to come by points for this LSU offense.

Running the ball pretty good but not dominating against this UF defense is not going to put points on the board. LSU had to have a big play at the end vs. Auburn to win. This LSU-UF game is going to be all about big plays in a close game, and I see UF with more big play potential. Turnovers though is probably going to be the difference.

BAR -- please talk me out of one. ecu and UT are the more valuable sides imo. i would be leery of betting against penn st right now ... they were alseep last week and still won by 14 on the road... obviously looking ahead to wisxy. understand wiscy is coming off first loss at home in something like 17 games and they might have value at that number but i am not getting in penn st way right now.

cogen -- been away from the computer doing other things .. surprised by the line move ..... maybe there was official announcement that hatch is out ?? dunno but i just assumed lee all the way ... what lsu injury could make the line move 2 points ?? extremely deep team. looks like i got the worst of the numbers this week .... not good ...will look into it and get back as to what the line move is probably about

ostate -- i think it is a bit of apples and oranges when comparing auburn defense to florida. i think lsu controls the line of scrimmage ... so imo they have more chances for big plays offensively and defensively. lsu wins the national title and then has to hear about the fact that everyone is shocked that the SEC insiders pick florida to win the conference over preseason number 1 georgia ..... as if lsu didn't exist ( seems bama isnt bad either :) ) . Given auburn recent perormance , you do have to take lsu win with a grain of salt ... but no one can point to a game where florida played well imo.....miamifl was a one score game until late , hawaii was punt return for td and two int return for td , arkansas was two late scores as a bad arkansas team was competitive , ole miss was the loss , and tennessee they had 243 yards of offense but had all the help from the vols. i think lsu is the better football team.

as far as hawaii ,,, i can see what you are saying as far as lookahead but what about latechs spot ?? they had to travel to boise and go back home and then travel to hawaii ??

i think the books dont know how high to line wash st anymore...... but looking over previously lined games ( granted wazzu got murdered in all of them ) this line makes little sense. Another spot where i KNOW there is little value to the oregon st side of the bet and that probably means value on the cougars here.

I don't think Hawaii will be looking ahead....they know there down this year and they've struggled to put games away (ie SJST), along with the QB issues. With that OT win in Fresno this past weekend, that's got to give them some confidence again, where they went in and knocked off a ranked team on the road. IMO, this club may not be as potent as they were before, they know "W's" are hard to come by and I'm sure they will be no look ahead factor for them.....what else do they got to lose?

I almost hate to say it but, LA Tech could be in "vacation" mode when they hit the islands.

Oregon St. went from a 27 point dog 2 weeks ago and won SU. Then the following week they were a 11.5 dog on the road, where they should've won and dominated that game. Now they've become a 30 pts. favorite? I dont understand where a team can be a double digit dog in one week to laying the pipe in the next week....if the line keeps climbing, you got to start thinking WSU!!!

kyle - I want to make a play on LOU -6.5, but...what is Cantwell's status? Per my knowledge, he's Questionable. Also, the Cardinals will be playing their first road game this season, traveling to face a very productive Memphis offense. In their last five games, Memphis has averaged a total of 465 yards/game on offense. However...Louisville will most certainly be the toughest defense they've faced to this point.

If you can, talk me INTO this play...

:shake:

line on the lsu game keeps rising .. hate getting the worst of it ....

eliminated FAU --- feel like i am amking a rushed decision at this point and i dont like that. just gonna watch it.

added the following totals today.....

ucf/miamiflorida under 52
utahst/sjsu over 47
michst/nw over 45.5
miamioh/niu over 41.5
kansasst/tamu under 63.5

gl tonight for those that are playing that game.

you have exactly 90 minutes to get off your ass and move FAU from strong leans into the play category...:shake:

Since the FAU game is kicking off tonight .... all future plays will be in a separate post from post #1 as i do my best to never edit a posted plays post after the first game has gone off. But also for that reason you will have to check future posts for any future plays.

gl gang

[quote=vegaskyle As usual i will recap games from worst capped to best capped from this past week.

For what it's worth I admire your willingness to go over the disasters as well as the successes.I just can't do that. Last night I regret that I had chosen the erratic Saints over the more erratic Vikings. As the game and an ensuing wave of nausea passed I felt that I never wanted to see anything concerning that game evr again!
I did have an excellent Saturday and Sunday spearheaded by two insanely lucky wins beginning Saturday with Penn State and the Colts on Sunday I do love reading about these flukes but if I over due it I'll soon be thinking they were bad bets and be second guessing myself and losing confidence.
My big lose on Saturday was Auburn. The game was a huge stinker but any dissecting of it is out of the question for me. One viewing was enough. Like Penn State or the Colts I don't even know where to look for any statistical answers,especially in hindsight, so instead I move on to next week. This week lady luck was dwelling in my vicinity so I am trying my best not to be a bull in a china shop.
Before I completely ramble away from my point I just want to emphasize how much I respect your courage and professionalism in going over your capping from worst loses as well as best wins. It seems to make damn good rational sense to reflect on failures as well successes. I guess I do it a bit during the game but when a loss ends, I just want to forget it happened and move on. That's why I admire you being able to analyze, write it up and post it. I only post a pick a few times a year cause I am still learning the art of capping
PS Agree or disagree I always enjoy your posts

Last edited:
Troy ---:cheers:

azzie --- :cheers:

jasper -- those comments are much appreciated , sir. Sometimes it is really tough to come on here and admit how wrong my analysis was ... but as i have said i am wrong 44-42 percent of the time most years .. so it is just part of the game... and i do it because it helps me in making future bets. one of the nicest complimentary posts in one of my threads ever .. appreciate it. bol this week.

I agree about Boise St being overrated.. Away from the blue of course

I agree about Boise St being overrated.. Away from the blue of course

hey man. nice to you around !! yeah i am not a fan of betting against boise at home but in ooc road games it isnt a bad idea. doubt that makes my card this week though.

frustrating loss.

kickoff goes off a guys helmet , a made fg was called no good , a turnover in the troy endzone , had more drops than cheap guys drop girlfriends right before valentines day and xmas , the bad snap on the punt where the punter goes out of his way to not kick it out for safety, the bad spot in the first half that allowed troy a td instead of a fg try ( assuming they didnt go for it on fourth at the 12 .. instead they had first down at the 10 .. a two yard bad spot ) , all the penalties , the poor playcalling and coaching thoughout to include not challenging the spot in the first half .. even after troy called timeout to give them another chance to challenge and not challenging the fg that went in but was called no good.

just frustrating. But such is the life of a gambler.....

here is the final boxscore .. was all about the turnovers ...

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=gamehead><TD colSpan=3>Team Stat Comparison</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left> </TD><TD>
2653.gif
</TD><TD>
2226.gif
</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>1st Downs</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>22</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>3rd down efficiency
</TD><TD>3-15</TD><TD>9-17</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>4th down efficiency
</TD><TD>3-3</TD><TD>0-1</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Total Yards</TD><TD>354</TD><TD>357</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Passing</TD><TD>127</TD><TD>283</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Comp-Att
</TD><TD>11-24</TD><TD>21-41</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Yards per pass
</TD><TD>5.3</TD><TD>6.9</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Rushing</TD><TD>227</TD><TD>74</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Rushing Attempts
</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>31</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Yards per rush
</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>2.4</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Penalties</TD><TD>3-20</TD><TD>7-56</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Turnovers</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Fumbles lost
</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Interceptions thrown
</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Possession</TD><TD>30:53</TD><TD>28:37</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

we will definately have Iowa in common.. Best .500ish team in the country. Mismatch. You don't need the education on Iowa ..You see what I see. They are very good and just have not caught a break... SHHHHH

On a side note ,,,,,,, are these two teams really two of the best the sunbelt has to offer ??

The level of football was pretty disgraceful in my opinion.

At what point does USC lose value? Up to 28 at Bookmaker now.

i think at 27 it lost any chance that i bet it....but not sure it still isnt a good bet at anything under 28 ... no rudy carpenter ... loooooooooong day. cant even glance at asu.

i think at 27 it lost any chance that i bet it....but not sure it still isnt a good bet at anything under 28 ... no rudy carpenter ... loooooooooong day. cant even glance at asu.

I answered my own question when I posted. I feel 28 is the magic number. An even four TD's seems like the max I would want to lay.

blue chip,

I learned many years ago that it's a losing proposition trying to beat Pete Carroll regularly, especially this week...so what if you get three or four more points, is it really worth going through what he will put you through and the ASU side on Saturday?...

isnt Wash State kind of unbettable now ?

Oregon State smoked Hawaii 45-7 and has now beaten USC at home nad traveled to Utah and gone toe to toe with them .

Last year Orgon State won 52-17 @ Wash State . Granted Brink had 6 INTS but the beaver defense is very solid and we are talking a 3rd string QB ehere on the road.

Would have to think looking at alot of teh scores vs WASH ST that Oregon State should be able to crack 40+ here say 42 not sure how Wash State breaks 10 . They had 14 vs Oregon at home and 7 were on a late TD in teh 4th Q and scored just a long FG @ UCLA .

Cal and Oregon didnt even try and just keep running the ball and hung 60++ . they struggle to cover anyone athletic. They held UCLA down because where are the playamekrs on that team really ?? Baylor had 550 yds only 7 3rd downs all game and scored 45 ......also UCLA was 10-18 on 3rd down vs Wash State 2 or 15 ...

If Oregon State scores 45 think they cover with 14 being a top for Wash State....

Leaning to Oregon State and UNDER 55 ....42-7 could easily be 45-3 or 38-0 .....

Hawaii ....they outplayed SJST and had ni business losing then travel to Fresno and get outplayed and had no business winning. How they scored is ridiculous more so then Troy today .

Fresno had a 150 yd rusher and then a 160 yd rusher !!

Dont think LTech defense has played that poorly @ Boise and @ Kansas while Hawaii's offense has not shown much . The question is can LTech execute better especially at Qb they left some points off the board @ Bosie ....

Just hard to lay a TD with hawaii ....Also Fresno trailed by 17 at one point in the 2nd H and 6 turnovers but still went to OT...funny think Hawaii had 6 turnovers at home the week before in a 3 pt loss...ironic ? Not to mention Fresno missed the go ahead TD at the end of regulation and in OT !

Latech and Under ??Though 47 very low....could see 23-20 game .....

Back