2008 cfb - Time to post my week 11 card so far

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
updated through week 10
overall 63-50-2 55.7%
Sides 40-35-2 53.3%
moneyline dogs 1-1
totals 22-14 61.1 %

Went 7-5 last week, which is fine but there was potential for a much better day. Again , 12 games and on only one of them did i feel i got really wrong which was louisville. If i ever suggest laying points with this team on the road again , shoot me. Will get my weekly recaps in the thread later in the week.

locked in

TCU -1
Nebraska +3 -120
Iowa +8
FSU -6
Notre Dame +3
Colorado State +10
marshall/eastcarolina over 44
purdue/michst under 53
pennst/iowa under 43.5

strong leans

okie st +3.5
oregon -12 eliminated 11-5
ncstate +5.5 eliminated 11-5

talk me off leans

unlv +7 eliminated 11-5
Tosu -11

Last edited:
Nice week, 7-5, not bad. Looking forward to our weekly discussion. Liking a number of games this week. Will have to get the Pimpdaddy's opinion.

Nice week, 7-5, not bad. Looking forward to our weekly discussion. Liking a number of games this week. Will have to get the Pimpdaddy's opinion.

thanks sirwinzalot .. could have been better but i guess it could have been worse too. Harbaugh is killing my bankroll ... i went under the total in a shutout and lost ........

You end up 5-2 ?? or have other action too ?

Make sure you have wireless connection this time ......

look forward to our cfb discussions as well.

solid week kyle. nice banter we had going about the unlv game. you were 100% right. i thought unlv could get to 21 AND tcu wouldn't be able to get over 35, and i was wrong on both haha. dominated from start to finish...excellent call by you. hopefully it gives us some value on utah. it'll probably be my first 10u play of the year.

solid week kyle. nice banter we had going about the unlv game. you were 100% right. i thought unlv could get to 21 AND tcu wouldn't be able to get over 35, and i was wrong on both haha. dominated from start to finish...excellent call by you. hopefully it gives us some value on utah. it'll probably be my first 10u play of the year.

what do you make that line ??

Wind hurt unlv offense a little in that game and their punt game a lot in that game.

2-1 on your big plays last week ?? gatech ( like the fumble ?? hehe ) and new mexico ?? and the unlv loss.

Nice call on the cuse btw ... i think either you or dmoney ( or both )suggested an outright cuse win ... i didnt give the ville home/away dichotomy enough weight i guess. might be a few years before i lay road chalk with that team again ....

what do you make that line ??

Wind hurt unlv offense a little in that game and their punt game a lot in that game.

2-1 on your big plays last week ?? gatech ( like the fumble ?? hehe ) and new mexico ?? and the unlv loss.

Nice call on the cuse btw ... i think either you or dmoney ( or both )suggested an outright cuse win ... i didnt give the ville home/away dichotomy enough weight i guess. might be a few years before i lay road chalk with that team again ....

went exactly how you called it. great call by you.

yeah i was very fortunate to get that fumble in the gatech game, but it should have never came to that. i will take it any way i can get it lately that's for sure...was able to get almost half my ytd losses back last week, so i'm very satisfied.

i put it at -5.5, and from what jpicks said he had agreed with that assessment, but this was a few weeks ago. i'm hoping very much so that it opens at -4...that would be a critical mistake in my estimation, so maybe it's just wishful thinking, but as long 6 or under (which i can't see it being higher), i will be happy to lay those points.

Lets get some this week Tee. I tell you what I am eyeing is LSU. They come out a dog I am probably playing it. LSU struggles against good offenses.Look at Georgia and Florida games. LSU against average offenses dominate. Look at the rest of the games for an example. Bama's offense is on the bubble of mediocre besides that freshman WR they got. LSU has the talent to double him all game and stop Bama offensively.Keep your eye out on LSU.VK I like this one so far especially at Death Valley.

made the following plays so far...

TCU -1
Nebraska +3 -120
Iowa +8
FSU -6
Notre Dame +3
Colorado State +10

VK, joe and Dmoney were spot on. I think what failed us was the notion that Ville would be using last year as a big revenge angle. Last year's team was senior laden and those seniors are gone and when your whole season is a disaster I don't think any loss is different---even though that game started the domino effect. Personally, starting to think some of this revenge stuff overrated unless it was a dramtic thing like knocking a team from going to the national championship or you have a coach who takes things personally, i.e. Meyer.

Where I was not shocked was the low output from L-Ville, I really thought that was possible. Shocked as can be though Cuse put 200 up on the ground. Think Ville weakness is pass defense and if anything Dantley could get something going there but did not expect the run.

Maybe not the best team in the world to lay points with on the road but I refuse to believe Ville showed up to play. Those that suggested it would be a sandwich game were right-----they played like it was. All in all think it was questionable capping, completely wrong side, but I think I've capped at least 10 games worse this year and even some of my wins. I put my Ville over Memphis game as a worse capped game, as I still think the matchup for Cuse was better.

VK what I take away from this most is emotion hard thing to cap. And if emotion isn't there a decently capped game can go to shit. Very possible I have Cuse underrated and I think Ville overrated but also very possible if this game played in Carrier dome next week Ville spanks Cuse by over 20, IMO. I'm really not that upset by it.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the card,

on TCU, Okie Lite, and Iowa

Oregon didn't think number would be so high, but Stanford is not going to come into Eugene and beat Oregon at it's own game. You better be able to pass Harbaugh on that Oregon weakness but you can't and I'm afraid your bread and butter will be out bread and buttered. Oregon has a tendency to blow teams out in Euguene.

Rest of the card.....no real opinion unless you convince me otherwise.

Iowa:

I want them to win so badly but I think this is just a good matchup for Penn St. They are coming off the bye, they know by taking Green away, Iowa is going to have to pass to beat them. Green is a good back (gone over 100 every game) but PSU is also equipped to not let the run game beat them. You have to be able to throw the ball with success and I'm not confident Stanzi can do that. I want Iowa to win but I'm starting to think this game is like 17-7 or 20-10 PSU. You have a good number and you have a home dog in a game getting over a TD in what is likely to be very low scoring. If this game gets to 6 or 6.5 I might give PSU a long look.

Iowa:

I want them to win so badly but I think this is just a good matchup for Penn St. They are coming off the bye, they know by taking Green away, Iowa is going to have to pass to beat them. Green is a good back (gone over 100 every game) but PSU is also equipped to not let the run game beat them. You have to be able to throw the ball with success and I'm not confident Stanzi can do that. I want Iowa to win but I'm starting to think this game is like 17-7 or 20-10 PSU. You have a good number and you have a home dog in a game getting over a TD in what is likely to be very low scoring. If this game gets to 6 or 6.5 I might give PSU a long look.

The bet is based more on iowa home defense vs pennst road offense. Agree that lions can load up to stop greene and try to make stanzi beat them , play action game iowa runs is pretty good though.

penn state could win and cover , i just think value is with iowa.

Quick blurbs on the plays so far...

TCU -1 -- simply put i believe tcu is a legitimate top 10-15 football team and utah is not. Impossible for utah to run on tcu and brian johnson is atleast a step slower , maybe two steps slower than he was prior to injuries that slowed him down. Someone pointed out he looks heavier as well. TCU pass defense is very underrated as well and i have a hard time seeing utah score much in this game. i think utah does match up decently defensively themselves but certainly not dominantly like tcu does. Byt his time of the year , i really start believing that teams are who they have shown themselves to be. TCU is for real and utah is an abover average squad that finds ways to win. Have seen utah struggle offensively against much worse and if you believe in the idea of examining common opponents , tcu looks strong there as well. TCU came into the year with a focus on their thursday night games ... one is in the books vs byu and now we have this one. Basically see the froggies as being more balanced offensively in this game and that will overcome the big hfa for utah in this game. big speed edge for tcu as well. Also think tcu has a coaching edge. tcu has done nothing all year to make me think they are not a great defense and a good football team. Might be the squarish side this week but i think it's the right side

nebraska +3 -- ????? this line is a joke. Wrong team is favored. The line indicates to me that kansas would be a DD favorite at home to nebraska and that makes zero sense. Likely , this is an overreaction to nebraska horrific start in norman last week coupled with kansas demolition of rival kansas state. Ganz should have a field day vs that kansas defense and find a way to outscore kansas.

iowa +8 -- game will be discussed like crazy this week and i have let my feelings concerning iowa be known throughout the year. pennst offensive production is not nearly as strong on the road and i think the hawks defense poses similar problems that pennst faced vs tosu. Makes for a low scoring game and while i think penn st is certainly capable of winning this game and covering this game , i highly doubt they go into iowa city and dominate a team that has yet to be dominated anywhere. should eb a low scoring game where every point matters.

FSU -6 -- Froma matchup standpoint i think the line is very fair but from a situational standpoint i have to give this a go. Another capper turned me onto the situational aspects of this game and i think he is on to something. Clemson was in a good situational spot last week ( part of reason that i bet clemson at bc ) but now after returning home from boston trip they ahve to travel down to tallahassee. They face a team coached by the father of the man that they basically fired as their head coach. motivational edge to fsu ... hell some of the kids at clemson that loved tommy might not want to pound the bowdens here. Also ... i have to wonder ... is bobby getting inside information about the clemson playbook and strategy for this one ?? FSU is quietly playing good ball and finding ways to score. i love the way they fought back last week in defeat. Have a hard time seeing clemson getting theirs in this revenge spot with lots of coaching motivation for fsu. worth a stab at a minimum. if you are tailing me , just understand that this is a situational bet and not a fundamentals bet.

notre dame +3 -- probably will end up with a bad number on this one but oh well. I think the way to beat boston colleges defense is to throw on them and notre dame has more than enough talent offensively to get that done... probably moreso than any team BC ahs faced yet this year. On the other side of the ball the way to beat notre dame is on the ground and bc does not look good running the football. BC does get up for their big catholic brother but i just like the matchup. Opposite of the previous play ... complete fundamentals play.... better team getting points is rarely a bad bet.

colorado st +10 -- air force seems to be getting a lot of respect week in and week out and i am not certain that csu is not playing the better football right now. AFA has struggled getting first downs and scoring lately and are coming off of a rivalry game. colorado st has found some things on offense and Farris is gettin gbetter each week at qb. concern would be the history of the team winning outright winning by dd lately in this series but i will take my chances here. csu could score 30 ..... certainly should score 20 or more ....... i like my chances of being in a good position to cover this game in the fourth quarter.

Kinnick is the most underrated place to play in. I don't think PSU has had a major road game outside of Wisconsin, and we know the downward spiral that team was in when they played PSU.

Kinnick is the most underrated place to play in. I don't think PSU has had a major road game outside of Wisconsin, and we know the downward spiral that team was in when they played PSU.

i consider at ohio state pretty major.

but outside of wisconsin the offense has nto produced on the road. penn state went from being underrated preseason to vastly overrated now imo.

Penn State, I tend to agree they aren't a great great team and your right their offense hasn't produced on the road. But they aren't overrated by any means everybody I've heard is saying they don't deserve to be in the top 2 if they go undefeated.

----Tennessee and Ohio State and some other teams I'm sure were not "great" when they won national championships. These were teams that had flaws and Penn State right now is not one of the best Penn State teams I've ever seen----they've had alot better but they are good enough to be a national championship team.

FWIW I might take 05 Penn State over this one.

---Penn State should feel very very fortunate to get out of Columbus with a win. Pryor cost Ohio State. There were some wide open receivers running deep in that game from what I was told and he could not see them. We saw early Penn State put 8 in the box and then Tressel wen't downfield for a 50 yarder and some other opportunities were missed to the tight end. Penn State backed off after that. The fumble by Pryor on that drive Ohio State was starting to get the running game going in good chunks and Beanie had a first down the play before the fumble.

BUT Penn State then ran it down TOSU's throat at the end and clearly won the rushing battle on the day and made big plays---- = better team.

----Iowa game I think is going to be just as big a test for Penn State. IF Penn State wins this I would feel alot better about their chances against the most physical team in the nation - Alabama-. Iowa is going to give them an up and close look at what the Crimson Tide present.

Penn State's rush defense will be tested. The only think Iowa lacks right now is a passing game and that is the difference in this one. But this is going to be one hell of a game. Kinnick is absolutely one of the toughest places in the country.

Under in this game is going to be very very very attractive. Low scoring barnburner

On the surface Iowa at +7.5 seems very high IMO as well. Actually would make Iowa about +8.5 vs Penn State on a neutral field and that actually falls in line with what I would guess here: Penn State-4 or -4.5 @ Iowa. So on the surface alot of value in this home pup. Outside of Ohio State would guess Illinois gave Penn State the most trouble and have Iowa a tad ahead of Illinois in my hypothetical world . Could see alot of Penn State FG attempts here for Kelly so at +8.5 or so would guess this becomes a very strong play for me ( 4fgs and 1td = 22 pts and think Iowa could get 14 . )

Like that FSU angle on the surface but havent looked much into that matchup. Have to say that TCU has been very impressive of late but while they are better still tough spot for them to lay chalk and will have to look into that game more .

After the loss looks like a nice pot to ride the Ville catching nearly a TD @ Pitt who is off the "upset" @ ND.

Really like WVU this week . No CIncy ground game and a QB playing on guts and heart ......

Texas off a loss but you wonder what they have in the tank. After a scary 14-0 start Baylor came back and gave Mizzou a scare and cashed my tickets on the 3 TD home pup. Which unfortunately has be wishing I had 4 TDs here and might be what I need . Texas had 3 huge home games and you could see it sowly start to catch up in the Okie State game . Which was basically teh sole reason I punded TExas Tech on Sat nite just thought UT could not play an A game in that spot. So why here ? Simply because they lost ? Has me looking at Baylor ......

Agree with Nebraska I know we both had the Huskers the prior week and didnt get the win we wanted but got the desired result so I knew Neb was going to get bombed early @ OU . So looking at KU at @USF or @ Iowa State really makes you wonder how they could be home pups here ...

Probably look for Missouri to take Kansas State to the shed as well . Anything under 4 TDS probably looks enticing to me .....Tigers will drop 42+ easily and hard seeing Kansas State cracking 14.....

Depending on the line Marshall could be in a good spot vs ECU ....TD or better might get me involved but we might see -5.5 here to put it in no mans land......

Wonder if WKU is now in a good spot catching +18 or so after losing SU at home to NTexas as 17 pt favs .....

LSU does look enticing as I agree about Bama's offense being medicore -ish......

Iowa State +10? Should COL be favored against anyone by 10?

Ohio State can they score enoug to cover ?

Rutgers has turned the corner BUT think above 10 may be to much ....probably Cuse 1st H and then RU 2nd H plays

UVA has my interest ......

Fresno State and Over ?

:cheers:

i love it when you do those posts......

On the surface Iowa at +7.5 seems very high IMO as well. Actually would make Iowa about +8.5 vs Penn State on a neutral field and that actually falls in line with what I would guess here: Penn State-4 or -4.5 @ Iowa. So on the surface alot of value in this home pup. Outside of Ohio State would guess Illinois gave Penn State the most trouble and have Iowa a tad ahead of Illinois in my hypothetical world . Could see alot of Penn State FG attempts here for Kelly so at +8.5 or so would guess this becomes a very strong play for me ( 4fgs and 1td = 22 pts and think Iowa could get 14 . )

One thing that i really like about iowa is they don't know the word quit. They have bounced back numerous times already this year from tough losses .. but maybe none as tough as last week. i think iowa is a good play at 6 or higher.

Like that FSU angle on the surface but havent looked much into that matchup. Have to say that TCU has been very impressive of late but while they are better still tough spot for them to lay chalk and will have to look into that game more .

Well , the fsu angle had better work out or else i dont feel that i have a huge angle. I do think that the seminoles are starting to come together as a team and i also think that they made a nice comeback with a much worse fsu team at a much better clemson team a year ago after clemson got off to a fast start. more situational for me here ... clemson defense is not bad at all .... reminds me of the south carolina bet i made against lsu , ijust have to hold my nose and bet this because the spot dictates it.

As far as tcu , honestly speaking from both a boxscore test and the eye test , they have been one of the most dominant teams in the whole country week in and week out. if utah rises up , takes hold of the emotion , finds an effective gameplan and wins the turnover battle and wins the game , then i just have to tip my hat.

After the loss looks like a nice pot to ride the Ville catching nearly a TD @ Pitt who is off the "upset" @ ND.

Know some other sharps that agree with you. I just can't do it even though i see where you guys are coming from. i played ville at memphis and won the bet but they were dominated ... and then i played them last week and they were outplayed by syracuse. I have no trust in this team on the road but i wouldn't be enthralled with a pitt bet either ... stay away for me but can't argue that you probably have value with the ville.

Really like WVU this week . No CIncy ground game and a QB playing on guts and heart ......

mixed emotions. love the coaching mismatch , love the cincy team speed , love the way pike plays the game , and love how the bearcat receivers catch when they aren't playing uconn. Don't like how many penalties that they committ though and am concerned that they can't run the ball well against wvu. WVU starting to look a lot better. Played two good halves against uconn imo and one good half vs auburn ... team might have turned a corner. guess i lean cincy but i will just watch and hope they win so i can mentally cash my futures bet.

Texas off a loss but you wonder what they have in the tank. After a scary 14-0 start Baylor came back and gave Mizzou a scare and cashed my tickets on the 3 TD home pup. Which unfortunately has be wishing I had 4 TDs here and might be what I need . Texas had 3 huge home games and you could see it sowly start to catch up in the Okie State game . Which was basically teh sole reason I punded TExas Tech on Sat nite just thought UT could not play an A game in that spot. So why here ? Simply because they lost ? Has me looking at Baylor ......

Answer these questions ... Does texas rest players in this game ? Does texas come out flat or inspired ?? if texas wants to they cover , but if they have eyes off the ball griffin and company can pose some trouble and texas wont cover. either way , i am staying far away here. zero interest for me.

Agree with Nebraska I know we both had the Huskers the prior week and didnt get the win we wanted but got the desired result so I knew Neb was going to get bombed early @ OU . So looking at KU at @USF or @ Iowa State really makes you wonder how they could be home pups here ...

Yes , feel fortunate to have won that bet on nebraska hosting baylor. What i liked was the way nebraska kept fighting after the poor start ... under callahan that was a quit job. I will take what might be the better team ( or atleast equivalent ) at home in one of the toughest stadiums in the nation. Ganz and reesing are two of the funnest qb's to watch play the game imo .. probably spelled both of their names wrong.

Probably look for Missouri to take Kansas State to the shed as well . Anything under 4 TDS probably looks enticing to me .....Tigers will drop 42+ easily and hard seeing Kansas State cracking 14.....

i agree but i have also played too many dd favorites lately ... not my style and out of my comfort zone. would not be surprised at all to see missouri cover this going away. Still ...... missouri is starting to get more inconsistent lately. staying away.

LSU does look enticing as I agree about Bama's offense being medicore -ish......

i cant win any type of bet when lsu plays. i lose when i bet them , i lose when i bet against them and i lose when i bet a total in a game that they play. no interest here ... fundamentals ( bama ) vs situation ( lsu ) here in a battle royale. no interest in betting it.

Ohio State can they score enoug to cover ?

Yes , they can. this one just now on my radar.

Rutgers has turned the corner BUT think above 10 may be to much ....probably Cuse 1st H and then RU 2nd H plays

i know you are a guy who likes to examine lines ... and i just think this line is screaming for people to bet syracuse which tells me that rutgers probably covers. another game i have no interest in but where i think the line looks a tad artificially high.

UVA has my interest ......

Heading into this game they are clearly playing better football than wake forest. Emotionally i dont knwo how they respond to heartbreak of last week.

Fresno State and Over ?

My friend called it a diarrhea special ... no interest in getting involved .. predicting what fresno will do on a given day is too hard for me. gl with it if you bet it.

Penn State, I tend to agree they aren't a great great team and your right their offense hasn't produced on the road. But they aren't overrated by any means everybody I've heard is saying they don't deserve to be in the top 2 if they go undefeated.

----Tennessee and Ohio State and some other teams I'm sure were not "great" when they won national championships. These were teams that had flaws and Penn State right now is not one of the best Penn State teams I've ever seen----they've had alot better but they are good enough to be a national championship team.

FWIW I might take 05 Penn State over this one.

---Penn State should feel very very fortunate to get out of Columbus with a win. Pryor cost Ohio State. There were some wide open receivers running deep in that game from what I was told and he could not see them. We saw early Penn State put 8 in the box and then Tressel wen't downfield for a 50 yarder and some other opportunities were missed to the tight end. Penn State backed off after that. The fumble by Pryor on that drive Ohio State was starting to get the running game going in good chunks and Beanie had a first down the play before the fumble.

BUT Penn State then ran it down TOSU's throat at the end and clearly won the rushing battle on the day and made big plays---- = better team.

----Iowa game I think is going to be just as big a test for Penn State. IF Penn State wins this I would feel alot better about their chances against the most physical team in the nation - Alabama-. Iowa is going to give them an up and close look at what the Crimson Tide present.

Penn State's rush defense will be tested. The only think Iowa lacks right now is a passing game and that is the difference in this one. But this is going to be one hell of a game. Kinnick is absolutely one of the toughest places in the country.

Under in this game is going to be very very very attractive. Low scoring barnburner

Well iowa seems to use play action passing and the tight ends to make up for a lack of real playmakers on the outside and a qb capable of delivering with any consistency. I have a concern with iowa in that they seem to bog down near the goalline. Teams are less hesitant to load up vs the run at that part of the field and it has hurt them. The predictable run over the left side on short yardage has cost ferentz a few times this year. Agree about the game being low scoring but doubt we see any value int he line to go under.

great thread as usual...would like to hear more of sportsnut's thoughts on WVU because I like Cincinnati quite a bit...

great thread as usual...would like to hear more of sportsnut's thoughts on WVU because I like Cincinnati quite a bit...

Nothing specific really. From playing alot of games each week I tend to just go off previous weeks . I had WVU vs Auburn and @ UConn this week while I nearly played Uconn hosting Cincy and had CIncy vs USF . A tad bigger sack I would have been 4-0 L2 for these teams but feel I have this teams pretty well pegged .

Just think the Cincy offense is going to struggle and would expect they score 17 or less here .

Basically Cincy had 3 1st H turnovers at home vs USF who I think is extremely overrated this year . Only 1 2nd H TD , were lucky to SOD USF inside their 5 yd line early 4th quarter and had a back breaking 12 play 91 yd drive in the 2nd Q after a gift TD early starting at USFs 14. So think Cincy has been sloppy on the road , not sure how to weigh Pike and regardless they havent run the ball anyway .

WVU starting to click and looking at some medicore work by the Bearcat run defense coupled woth White throwing it fairly well now . Along with how WVU offense has done with WHite in the game since those terrible road efforts its going to be tough on Cincys defense IMO . Cincy schedule is very weak when we look at it with wins vs Miami Ohio m @ Marshall , @ Akron plus RU by a few and a 1 AA school . Leaving the USF game as all that stands out IMO which even that not being a fan of USF doesnt hold much weight .

After this WVU has a BYE then 2 big road games and doesnt play a home game till 12-6 after this . Obviously would love to get -7 somehow . Also last year WVU was backdoored by Cincy on the road squandering a28-10 4th q lead . The 28-23 final just missed the 5.5 pt road fav but the TOP was huge and that was at Cincy . Think WVU is getting back to the level of team it showed last season while dont see Cincy as even remotely as good as last year and still they caught 5 pts at home in the matchup.......:cheers:

VK- good stuff. I was happy to see the Syracuse game unfold they way it did and only shit part was never adding to my +14.5 ticket from earlier in the week. With Pitt not the type team to lay points and they did well in coming back @ ND but just was a game they outlasted their opponent .

L3 games u mentioned -
Hard to say because I think RU spanking Pitt on the road holds alot more weight the Cuse winning @ Home by a TD vs Louisville. Could be wrong but just how the last RU game unfolded I was using that as the reason for the inflated number but just guessing .....

UVA should be okay because they could have quit numerous times this year . Point well taken though. Just something to look at for me at some point not a lean either way .

Fresno is garbage this team was talking BCS and like other yeasr as soon as they lost they fell to peices . Just think at home and Nevada themselves being overrated could be a good spot for a win. Some issues at Nevada with Kaepernick benched early vs Utah State...... :cheers:

pags, any thoughts on Okie State and Tech?

i have a penny that says he is on okie st this week ..........

I also know from talking with him that he thinks oklahoma st may well be legitimately a top 5 team .... not ranked as a top 5 team but legitimately one of the five best teams in the nation.

strong feeling that pags is on oklahoma st this week ..........

Okie State's defense found itself @ Missouri and I think that is what has carried this team actually into this conversation. Still like Tech they get no respect.

Nothing specific really. From playing alot of games each week I tend to just go off previous weeks . I had WVU vs Auburn and @ UConn this week while I nearly played Uconn hosting Cincy and had CIncy vs USF . A tad bigger sack I would have been 4-0 L2 for these teams but feel I have this teams pretty well pegged .

Just think the Cincy offense is going to struggle and would expect they score 17 or less here .

I just don't see why you think they would score 17 or less. I know they have olny given up 17 or more twice this year, but Cincinnati is the best offense they will have faced this year. Villanova, Colorado, ECU, Marshall, Rutgers, Syracuse, Auburn, UConn - basically a list of teams that were outgunned (Villanova, Marshall, Syracuse), injured (UConn - Endres), playing poorly (Rutgers), or defensive-minded (Colorado, Auburn, ECU).

Basically Cincy had 3 1st H turnovers at home vs USF who I think is extremely overrated this year . Only 1 2nd H TD , were lucky to SOD USF inside their 5 yd line early 4th quarter and had a back breaking 12 play 91 yd drive in the 2nd Q after a gift TD early starting at USFs 14. So think Cincy has been sloppy on the road , not sure how to weigh Pike and regardless they havent run the ball anyway .

WVU starting to click and looking at some medicore work by the Bearcat run defense coupled woth White throwing it fairly well now . Along with how WVU offense has done with WHite in the game since those terrible road efforts its going to be tough on Cincys defense IMO . Cincy schedule is very weak when we look at it with wins vs Miami Ohio m @ Marshall , @ Akron plus RU by a few and a 1 AA school . Leaving the USF game as all that stands out IMO which even that not being a fan of USF doesnt hold much weight.

USF certainly played poorly at Cincy, and the final score probably should have been closer. Cincy may have had a gift TD, but USF could have had a couple too if they had taken advnatage of the TOs early on. Also, if not for Goebel's late fumble, you are looking at 20-7 or 24-7 at the half.

I agree that Cincy could use a little more of a running attack, but Mauk thrashed them last year without one, so I think Pike can do just fine with the same WR core.

I think Cincy's run defense will be fine. Outside of the late 54-yard run by Brown late in the game when Cincy had already mentally checked out, just did a pretty good job against him. Take away Grothe's crazy 38-yarder when he escaped two sure sacks last week and the numbers change as well. This run D still rates highly in the pecking order that is the NCAA.

Cincy's schedule hasn't been a murderer's row, but you could argue that it has been tougher than WVU's, particularly now that ECU and Colorado have proven to be below-average squads.

After this WVU has a BYE then 2 big road games and doesnt play a home game till 12-6 after this . Obviously would love to get -7 somehow . Also last year WVU was backdoored by Cincy on the road squandering a28-10 4th q lead . The 28-23 final just missed the 5.5 pt road fav but the TOP was huge and that was at Cincy . Think WVU is getting back to the level of team it showed last season while dont see Cincy as even remotely as good as last year and still they caught 5 pts at home in the matchup.......:cheers:

I personally think that the gap between this year's and last year's Cincy is smaller than that of WVU.

dmoney,

as I got ready to type a response to sportsnut I saw your post...thanks for saving me the time...I agree completely...I'm definitely willing to take a Brian Kelly led squad on the road at WVU and +8.5 and hold on...not saying it's going to be easy, but I like the matchup here...

huntdog,

yes, I'm on Oklahoma St. this week (again)...played them yesterday when the lines came out and then again last night...GL...

kyle,

thanks for picking me up as I retired a little earlier than usual last night...

dmoney,

as I got ready to type a response to sportsnut I saw your post...thanks for saving me the time...I agree completely...I'm definitely willing to take a Brian Kelly led squad on the road at WVU and +8.5 and hold on...not saying it's going to be easy, but I like the matchup here...

huntdog,

yes, I'm on Oklahoma St. this week (again)...played them yesterday when the lines came out and then again last night...GL...

kyle,

thanks for picking me up as I retired a little earlier than usual last night...

yeah , hope that was not out of line , stating your opinion there.

need to eat more pop-tarts ... keeps you up longer.

haha...for sure...gyno was telling me about some new pop tart flavor like hot fudge sundae...got to find out more...

kyle - You think the TCU line will continue to rise? Feel free to post your answer in my Weekly thread...thanks bro!

:shake:

Good to see you on the same side of a couple this week, VK.....

On TCU and nebraska, but you got a better number on both.

two things- Any opinion on nevada/fresno game.... and also will you be playing iowa ML?

thanks and GL this week

TCU dipped back down to 2, so I jumped on em! So, officially with you on the Horned Frogs. Against you on none!

:cheers:

Good to see you on the same side of a couple this week, VK.....

On TCU and nebraska, but you got a better number on both.

two things- Any opinion on nevada/fresno game.... and also will you be playing iowa ML?

thanks and GL this week

no opinion on the fresno game. Fresno is a hard team for me to figure out. They seem to play better on national tv though. Not much to add ... i feel i have a strong feeling i know when to play nevada and when to lay off nevada so i will share that and if you can apply it to fresno st it could be helpful. But i dont want to get involved in fresno games.

nevada is a team that i strongly believe is a play on team when they face an opponent that is weak against the run defensively and relies heavily on the run offensively with a weak pass game. They are a play against team when they face a team that can throw the ball effectively on offense and when the opponent can defend the run effectively ( especially read option type running teams ).

my two cents on the one team i understand .... i just don't have a grasp of fresno st so i dont want to bet it.

gl

Back