2007-08 Bowl Projections and Line Predictions--Updated 11/29/07

USC vs Illinois. talk about an ass whooping thats going to take place

Rose Bowl presented by Citi
Jan. 1 / 4:30 p.m. Pasadena, Calif. ABC
*BCS vs. BCS (Big Ten Champion vs. Pac 10 Champion, if available)
Projection: USC vs. Illinois

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
Jan. 2 / 8 p.m. Phoenix, Ariz. FOX
*BCS vs. BCS (Big 12 Champion, if available)
Projection: West Virginia vs.
Oklahoma

I'm calling the Sugar early:

Allstate Sugar Bowl
Jan. 1 / 8:30 p.m. New Orleans, La. FOX
*BCS vs. BCS (SEC Champion, if available)
Projection:
Hawaii vs. Georgia

FedEx Orange Bowl
Jan. 3 / 8 p.m. Miami, Fla. FOX
*BCS vs. BCS (ACC Champion, if available)
Projection: Virginia Tech vs. Kansas

I'm starting a new thread with the full lineup now and will come up with a lineup for line predictions.

BCS Bowl Projections:

BCS championship game: No. 1 Ohio State (11-1) vs. No. 2 LSU (11-2)

Rose Bowl: No. 8 USC (10-2) vs. 13. Illinois (9-3)

Sugar Bowl: No. 4 Georgia (10-2) vs. No. 10 Hawai'i (12-0)

Fiesta Bowl: No. 5 Oklahoma (11-2) vs. No. 9 West Virginia (10-2)

Orange Bowl: No. 3 Virginia Tech (11-2) vs. No. 7 Kansas (11-1)

called it at 6:00am this morning

So the selection order was likely:

Rose - Illinois (over Georgia, baffling. That damn Rose gets so hung up on the Pac-10/Big 10 tradition that they pass on the chance to have the best matchup of the BCS)
Sugar - Georgia
Orange - Kansas (over Missouri, a little surprising)
Fiesta - West Virginia (only two choices left at that point, them and Hawaii both are automatic qualifiers)
Sugar - Hawaii (forced pick)

Oh, yes, Les Miles vs. the Sweater Vest. That's why they did it.

It's total ratings.

And potentially a goldmine.

Please make OSU a dog, like a significant dog.

Joe its LSU -6.5
Im really pissed about Georgia not facing USC. That would have been the best matchup of the year. The 2 hottest teams the last 3 weeks of the year. Instead we get to see both of those teams kick Illinois and Hawaii ass

Yeah, at +6.5 I'll be on the ML as well. Maybe for more than the spread.

That said I was 0-4 yesterday in college so maybe you guys are on the sharp side.

Why would you play LSU, Signal?

I think theyre the most talented team in the country. Sure they lost 2 times but it was in triple OT and ran into a buzzsaw both times. Kentucky was rolling playing its best football of the year by far and Woodson was the best QB in the nation at the time. They will have 1 month to get fully rested. That means a healthy Glenn Dorsey who showed when healthy he can control the game. LSU will have so much more talent in this game IMO. I have watched OSU many times this year. They really didnt impress me except for the Michigan game. I dont think they keep up with LSU speed on either side of the ball. You saw what Juice did to them. I just think LSU is the far superior team here

I disagree...OSU will be prepared against a non spread offense. They have the corners and quickness on D to keep up with LSU. LSU's secondary is the weak link and OSU will expose it with play actions and the vertical passing game....plus OSU has an excellent Oline.

I just think LSU is the far superior team here

Ah ha, talent wise you might be right, although I think it might be closer than that, but this team isn't faster than the Miami team Tressel coached rings around for his first National Championship, is it?

This just feels like Michigan vs. USC last year and me, smarter coach with more time to prepare--with a revenge angle (toward the spot, not LSU), I think OSU is in a really good spot.

I just think LSU is the far superior team here

Ah ha, talent wise you might be right, although I think it might be closer than that, but this team isn't faster than the Miami team Tressel coached rings around for his first National Championship, is it?

This just feels like Michigan vs. USC last year and me, smarter coach with more time to prepare--with a revenge angle (toward the spot, not LSU), I think OSU is in a really good spot.

I tend to exaggerate sometimes with my choice of words and this was one of those times haha. I could see OSU hanging tough here. Obviosuly they are better coached. Good point with that Miami/OSU game Joe

LSU is overrated, imo. they have a whiny coach and an overconfident bunch of kid/atheletes... i hate to say this, but i think osu upsets....

4 real...........why do u think USC at 14 is a gimme? UCLA easily covered 20, was never in doubt. Illini has twice the firepower of UCLA.

VT -1???????? OMG! KU beat zero ranked teams all year. I was thinking it would be 7.

4 real...........why do u think USC at 14 is a gimme? UCLA easily covered 20, was never in doubt. Illini has twice the firepower of UCLA.

VT -1???????? OMG! KU beat zero ranked teams all year. I was thinking it would be 7.

Disagree whole-heartedly. For whatever reason, Pete took his foot off the gas and just played a very conservative game the last 20+ minutes of that game. He decided to play a field position game when they could have named their score.

Didnt see every play, but when I have a dog +20 and they are never losing by more than 17 I would call that an easy cover.

Yes, USC probably could have scored more, but the cover was hardly ever in doubt.

Well, 17 is a fg from a PUSH, and a td from a cover. My point is the USC appeared uninterested to score anymore and was happy playing the field position game up 17. UCLA was no threat to score. Maybe USC's apparent lack of interest gave that perception, though...

Back