$2 Billion for Clippers

not a single thing you guys have said equates to a single dollar in revenue.

This is a valuation of the clippers, who enjoy placement in one of the greatest markets in the country for NBA. I said the Lakers created the market and the Clippers are generating revenue from it...more so then they would if they were in Detroit, lets say.

We're talking about a dollars and cents valuation and you're talking about the hearts and minds of LA residents. The Clippers are making a ton of money. More then they would be making had they operated in a different city. Why do you keep arguing a point which has no impact on anything? lol

not a single thing you guys have said equates to a single dollar in revenue.

This is a valuation of the clippers, who enjoy placement in one of the greatest markets in the country for NBA. I said the Lakers created the market and the Clippers are generating revenue from it...more so then they would if they were in Detroit, lets say.

We're talking about a dollars and cents valuation and you're talking about the hearts and minds of LA residents. The Clippers are making a ton of money. More then they would be making had they operated in a different city. Why do you keep arguing a point which has no impact on anything? lol

you keep saying dollars and cents well go check out that Forbes link and there's your dollars and cents. clippers are still outside the top 10

Yankees/Mets is a very fair comparison to Lakers/Clippers, pretty much in every way.

Really? Every way huh?...

I didn't know the Mets played @ yankee stadium...
I didn't know the mets ever had the two most heavily endorsed baseball players playing on the same team.
I didn't know the Mets ever enjoyed a massive revenue stream from Asia due to having one of a very of their players rostered.

Really? Every way huh?...

I didn't know the Mets played @ yankee stadium...
I didn't know the mets ever had the two most heavily endorsed baseball players playing on the same team.
I didn't know the Mets ever enjoyed a massive revenue stream from Asia due to having one of a very of their players rostered.

Clippers have CP3, Blake Griffin and Doc Rivers
Lakers have had Wilt, Magic, Kareem, Jerry West, Shaq, Kobe, Phil Jackson

you keep saying dollars and cents well go check out that Forbes link and there's your dollars and cents. clippers are still outside the top 10

That Forbes link is talking about past purchases and none really help value the clippers. Other then the fact that the Dodgers went for a fuck ton and enjoy the same market at the clippers. And the Wizards, who are in a tiny market in comparison, back when they had no players in the national spotlight and no legitimate contention, went for 75% of what some of you guys are valuing the Clippers at here...

You think many business man out there that are willing to invest 2 billion dollars into a franchise, know less then you guys do? lol

Clippers have CP3, Blake Griffin and Doc Rivers
Lakers have had Wilt, Magic, Kareem, Jerry West, Shaq, Kobe, Phil Jackson

You're not refuting a single thing I posted that you quoted...

Do any of you guys know what the fuck you're talking about or are you just spurting nonsense?

That Forbes link is talking about past purchases and none really help value the clippers. Other then the fact that the Dodgers went for a fuck ton and enjoy the same market at the clippers. And the Wizards, who are in a tiny market in comparison, back when they had no players in the national spotlight and no legitimate contention, went for 75% of what some of you guys are valuing the Clippers at here...

You think many business man out there that are willing to invest 2 billion dollars into a franchise, know less then you guys do? lol

You'd be also surprised that some business men just want an expensive toy...

You're not refuting a single thing I posted that you quoted...

Do any of you guys know what the fuck you're talking about or are you just spurting nonsense?

you keep saying dollars and cents but yet you fail to actually post any legitimate case for the Clippers as well other than saying they are the future....

i didn't say they have a future...i said they have a present, AND a future...CP3 and Blake Griffin appear more on television then any other nba players other then maybe durant and Lebron....that means they've got 50% of the top 4 in marketing revenue. They play out of one of the best markets in all of the NBA and they have years of playoff and championship contention...all equates to dollars and cents...

point made about the expensive toy, I guess that's possible..I just dont think that's the cash...this isn't a record price for a franchise and LAC make money all over the place

Your initial assertion was this:

The Lakers created the market in the last 15 years. Now the Clippers, thanks to their new talented players... are the future in L.A.

You may want to look back a little longer than 15 years, or maybe that's when you first remember the sport, I don't know. The likelihood that the Clippers are supplanting the Lakers as the "Future" of LA is about the same as the likelihood of the Knicks winning the title. This year. Or ever really. And just because of a couple marketable players?

i didn't say they have a future...i said they have a present, AND a future...CP3 and Blake Griffin appear more on television then any other nba players other then maybe durant and Lebron....that means they've got 50% of the top 4 in marketing revenue. They play out of one of the best markets in all of the NBA and they have years of playoff and championship contention...all equates to dollars and cents...

point made about the expensive toy, I guess that's possible..I just dont think that's the cash...this isn't a record price for a franchise and LAC make money all over the place

CP3 and Blake still have a ways to go to live up to the jersey sales of Kobe and Shaq.
Sometimes all it comes down to is the prestige of owning a team with history. Some how the Cubs are still considered easily top 5 most valuable baseball team, as irrelevant as they have been on the playing field there is a culture there. The headlines they tend to make are usually comical and not really positive on field results.

Again 0 championships vs 16 championships, hall of famers and rafters baring NBA champions IN the Staple Center.
Sterling controversy spiked the Clippers value more than it should be. Good luck actually make massive profit.

Your initial assertion was this:

You may want to look back a little longer than 15 years, or maybe that's when you first remember the sport, I don't know. The likelihood that the Clippers are supplanting the Lakers as the "Future" of LA is about the same as the likelihood of the Knicks winning the title. This year. Or ever really. And just because of a couple marketable players?

The market was a completely different animal 30 years ago and the NBA wasn't making nearly as much $$ as it was making then. The last 15 years is when ball players from all sports started making ridiculous money...That's why I used that time frame...

And yes, I stand by the fact that LA is what it is today because of the Lakers. I just don't see how anyone can argue that the clippers have a brighter future in LA at this point? And if they DO, then it would probably only mean even MORE money for BOTH franchises...

Yeah, they do have a long way to go before they catch Kobe and Shaq in Jersey sales...but not television spots...Blake's dunk contest made the Clippers and KIA a LOT of fucking money...CP3 is on a State Farm commercial every damn day lol...The Clippers also sold playoff tickets, playoff merchandise this season...the Lakers did not...they will do so next season and again, the Lakers will not. As a matter of fact, with how competitive the west is...the Lakers are REALLY far from making the playoffs anytime in the near future. As of now, The clippers are getting more dollars from the basketball fans in LA...and there is a LOT of money in LA to be had.

The value of all sport franchises is set to explode.....2B for a NBA franchise seems absurd until you see who it is paying that amount....the guy is not stupid. Advertising and TV revenues are rising exponentially in all sports.
I can't wait to see what the Bills sell for.

The market was a completely different animal 30 years ago and the NBA wasn't making nearly as much $$ as it was making then. The last 15 years is when ball players from all sports started making ridiculous money...That's why I used that time frame...

And yes, I stand by the fact that LA is what it is today because of the Lakers. I just don't see how anyone can argue that the clippers have a brighter future in LA at this point? And if they DO, then it would probably only mean even MORE money for BOTH franchises...

Yeah, they do have a long way to go before they catch Kobe and Shaq in Jersey sales...but not television spots...Blake's dunk contest made the Clippers and KIA a LOT of fucking money...CP3 is on a State Farm commercial every damn day lol...The Clippers also sold playoff tickets, playoff merchandise this season...the Lakers did not...they will do so next season and again, the Lakers will not. As a matter of fact, with how competitive the west is...the Lakers are REALLY far from making the playoffs anytime in the near future. As of now, The clippers are getting more dollars from the basketball fans in LA...and there is a LOT of money in LA to be had.

you are assuming that CP3 and Griffin will continue to stay with the Clippers and also assuming that the Lakers won't be in the playoffs for a long time.
State Farm commercial doesn't mentioned LA Clippers whatsoever, you don't see CP3 wearing a jersey there.
How does Griffin being on KIA effect the Clippers? It helps the KIA brand and Griffin brand but Clippers aren't the priority there.

Lakers are a worldwide brand, this is a global game. Clippers can have LA but the rest of the world still watches the Lakers.

Ivy the lakers make 150 million dollars a year on their tv station, not tv deal TV station, again tv station

You are out of your element here, just stop please!!

The nation's No. 4 TV distributor bought the regional TV rights for the Los Angeles Lakers and pro soccer's LA Galaxy last year for an estimated $3 billion over 20 years. It's launching two new channels based on those rights on Monday. To help pay for them, it is demanding payment from other TV distributors like Dish Network Corp. and DirecTV.

Clips going take away all those fans with those second round playoff exits?

LA sports fans will always prefer the Lakers

Hardcore national NBA fans will recognize the Clippers

Casual NBA fans will continue to hate the Lakers more than they give 2 shits about the Clippers

Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise
1. Miami Heat
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Chicago Bulls
4. Oklahoma City Thunder
5. New York Knicks
6. Boston Celtics
7. Brooklyn Nets
8. Golden State Warriors
9. San Antonio Spurs

10. Los Angeles Clippers

you are assuming that CP3 and Griffin will continue to stay with the Clippers and also assuming that the Lakers won't be in the playoffs for a long time.
State Farm commercial doesn't mentioned LA Clippers whatsoever, you don't see CP3 wearing a jersey there.
How does Griffin being on KIA effect the Clippers? It helps the KIA brand and Griffin brand but Clippers aren't the priority there.

Lakers are a worldwide brand, this is a global game. Clippers can have LA but the rest of the world still watches the Lakers.

It's free publicity...their players are gaining popularity...you don't think that equates to revenue?...

You said the rest of the world, do you think that more of Asia watches Lakers games then Clippers games?

Braves...what the fuck are you talking about? Why does the Lakers revenue stream effect a negative in the Clippers revenue stream? It doesn't...please YOU stop

The NBA has approved former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's $2 billion bid to buy the Los Angeles Clippers, according to a statement issued Friday evening by the league.
The sale is subject to approval from the league's owners before it can be finalized.
Tuesday's scheduled board of governors meeting has been canceled. Shelly Sterling had pushed to negotiate a sale before the meeting, at which both of the Sterlings' ownership interests could have been terminated.
As part of the sale agreement, Shelly Sterling and the Sterling family trust have agreed not to sue the NBA. Shelly's husband, Donald, is filing a $1 billion lawsuit against the league, his lawyer told ESPN.com's Ramona Shelburne earlier on Friday.

It's free publicity...their players are gaining popularity...you don't think that equates to revenue?...

You said the rest of the world, do you think that more of Asia watches Lakers games then Clippers games?

Braves...what the fuck are you talking about? Why does the Lakers revenue stream effect a negative in the Clippers revenue stream? It doesn't...please YOU stop

Yes.
I grew up in Asia where pretty much people will watch the marquee teams, Bulls, Lakers, Knicks. The same concept is applied with soccer, the Asian market could give a rats if the Lakers were in Arkansas as long as they can watch a NBA team on television they will support that team.

You argued the clippers are the future of la, they aren't. I gave you reasons why , and so have many others people who actually live out here. It a time to concede

Last edited:
No ones arguing that the clips don't have revenue streams. They don't have more than the lakers and won't by making the second round of the playoffs

mind you in Asia people want winners, Lakers are a winning franchise.
Heat were irrelevant for awhile till Wade/Shaq won.
So until the Clippers actually win a championship or have an Asian player on their team, they are still irrelevant in the Asian market.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

In this past season less than 400 people per game separated the Clippers from the Lakers. The Clippers had one of their best seasons ever and had a team full of stars. The Lakers had one of their worst seasons ever and had a team full of scrubs.

:thinking:

Unbelievable that this purchase price doesn't include any actual property besides a training facility. When the Dodgers were purchased for 2.15 billion, the stadium and land were also acquired.

Anyone know how a purchase of this magnitude, involving no property, would effect the surrounding residential areas to Staples Center? I have a small 4-unit apartment in the area that I'm willing to unload if Ballmer is willing to buy. Haha. It's shot up about 20% again in the last year.

here we go!!!!

Donald Sterling's attorney, Maxwell Blecher, says that Donald Sterling has withdrawn his support for the $2 billion sale to Steve Ballmer. Blecher further states he's been instructed to proceed with a $1 billion federal suit against the NBA.
Last Wednesday, it looked as though Sterling had agreed to the deal and had further agreed not to pursue any legal actions against the league. Things got tricky later when Sterling, apparently under the misapprehension that it was part of the deal already, demanded that the lifetime ban and fines be rescinded as a condition to the sale.
Sterling recently saw a draft of a statement from the league which he thought absolved him of the penalties, but a person familiar with the NBA's position said the statement, which was not released to the public, offered no such relief.
"In terms of saying something in a draft press release that indicated they would be dismissing the lifetime ban and the fine, that is not true at all," said the person, who spoke anonymously because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the matter. "That doesn't mean that [Sterling] wouldn't have read something like that into it.
"But if they interpreted it that way that is wrong and there is no thought of lifting the lifetime ban or the fine being rescinded."
The NBA did not relax its position and now Sterling has called the whole thing off and plans to sue the NBA for violating, antitrust laws, his constitutional rights, and breach of contract.

I don't know what you mean about the Lakers "spot". If the Lakers don't contend for championship or even playoffs in the next three years (sounds right) and the Clippers have deep runs and potentially a championship in that time period...what "spot" wont they simply OWN. They probably already get more attendance @ the staples center (guessing)...they probably already get higher ratings (educated guess)....they already have more endorsement deals (another educated guess)...What "spot" do the lakers have that the Clippers cant get that equates to dollars and cents? Explain it to me.

The Lakers created the market in the last 15 years. Now the Clippers, thanks to their new talented players... are the future in L.A.

Got reading through the thread again after the bump....think I somehow missed this post (the 1st one)...but maybe Ivy took away from it after the replies that he should stop guessing, even if it's an "educated" guess. :p

The Clippers didn't have better attendance (even with their great season and stars and the Lakers horrible season and scrubs

The Clippers don't get higher ratings AND the Lakers have their own TV station (in English and Spanish)

Kobe gets more in endorsement deals than CP3 and Blake combined, 3 and a half times over ($34M to $10M combined)

It's also been A LOT longer than 15 years since the Lakers 'created the market'....at least twice as long (35ish years since "Showtime" started), but the ground work started in the 60s. Sure the entire marketing game, salaries, tickets, etc are a completely different animal then they were back in either of those eras, but that's how long the loyalty to the Lakers has been around.

Just because the Clippers get a few stars, win a few games, and can fill up the arena now doesn't mean a damn thing (in reality) as far as them supplanting the Lakers in LA. The "spot" that the Clippers won't own, even if what you said actually happens (no playoffs for Lakers, a few deep runs for the Clippers, I'll even throw in a championship or 2), is simply.....Los Angeles.

I would feel embarrassed for Ivy if he wasn't so adamant that he actually knew what the fuck he was talking about. Makes the whole thing comical.

And educated guesses, lol at your education I guess.

Wow, fortunately for my sanity...I have not had a computer for the last few days. Thank god, you guys are literally insane.

You guys still want to put words in my mouth so I will repeat. The Clippers Franchise is worth more money today because of the market that the Lakers created. Their players, their product, their $$, has created a market that can sustain two profitable franchises and the Clippers are really starting to gain legitimate traction. I also said that there were more people going to Clippers games this year, which there were. It was not meant to be a measuring stick that we can gauge the Lakers demise but to promote the Clippers success. There are few markets in the NBA that can justify such a purchase. L.A. is clearly one of them. I say again, I defer to the judgement of a billionaire when it comes to the finances. I have asked multiple times for someone to give me a dollars and cents assessment as to why the Clippers aren't worth the $$, aren't going to be a good investment, etc. All I get back is rhetoric. The Clippers aren't making as much money as the Lakers. MY GOD WHAT A STRETCH, you mean to tell me that in the 2013-2014 season...a season in which the LAC didn't make the WFC...that they didn't turn as big a profit as the Lakers who have won championships in the last 10 years?? I'm SHOCKED. I said that the Clippers have potential to GAIN market share over L.A. in the next 5 years. That is of course, a very valid and very fair assessment. I would like to point out the delta between the market share for the Clippers in 2013-2014 vs the figure in say 2008-2009. The increase is very telling, and very real.

The single conclusion I have drawn is that the Clippers are a profitable franchise that merits a large investment based on their future earning potential.

Damn, I feel sorry for me too. What a fucking square for going out on such a large limb. What a fucking boob for making such a grand statement in the face of overwhelming assholes who love nothing more then to sit on a forum all day and circle jerk to the sites biggest goat. I made an incredibly innocuous statement that you guys jumped on for the sake of jumping and of course, the funniest part is...I wasn't wrong lol.

The Clippers enjoy a market that the Lakers have created. The clippers are making more money due to the Lakers past success. And YES, the Clippers have the POTENTIAL for growth in the next 5 years that the Lakers do not.

Lets all string me up, what a fucking disaster. I've shamed my family, myself, and my (very few) friends on CTG. :'( Thank you all for showing me the way with your sharp insights and brilliant business minds.

Wow, fortunately for my sanity...I have not had a computer for the last few days. Thank god, you guys are literally insane.

You guys still want to put words in my mouth so I will repeat. The Clippers Franchise is worth more money today because of the market that the Lakers created. Their players, their product, their $$, has created a market that can sustain two profitable franchises and the Clippers are really starting to gain legitimate traction. I also said that there were more people going to Clippers games this year, which there were. It was not meant to be a measuring stick that we can gauge the Lakers demise but to promote the Clippers success. There are few markets in the NBA that can justify such a purchase. L.A. is clearly one of them. I say again, I defer to the judgement of a billionaire when it comes to the finances. I have asked multiple times for someone to give me a dollars and cents assessment as to why the Clippers aren't worth the $$, aren't going to be a good investment, etc. All I get back is rhetoric.

The single conclusion I have drawn is that the Clippers are a profitable franchise that merits a large investment based on their future earning potential.

Damn, I feel sorry for me too. What a fucking square for going out on such a large limb. What a fucking boob for making such a grand statement in the face of overwhelming assholes who love nothing more then to sit on a forum all day and circle jerk to the sites biggest goat. I made an incredibly innocuous statement that you guys jumped on for the sake of jumping and of course, the funniest part is...I wasn't wrong lol.

The Clippers enjoy a market that the Lakers have created. The clippers are making more money due to the Lakers past success. And YES, the Clippers have the POTENTIAL for growth in the next 5 years that the Lakers do not.

You were wrong though because this isn't what you said. You said the Clippers "were the future in LA" and indicated that the Lakers "spot" in LA was something that the Clippers could overtake in the next 5 years or so. (go back and read it for yourself even though it's been quoted by many in this thread). You also said that the Clippers were drawing more fans than the Lakers (I quoted you in my post, you said it). No one put any words in your mouth....your posts were quoted in pretty much every reply...you are now just backtracking a bit....and where you landed now in your comments is probably more along the lines of comments that you wouldn't have been taken to task for.

If you were simply saying in your post that I quoted that the Clippers are getting more attendance, viewership/ratings, and endorsements than *they* have in the past, well then of course that's true....but you were comparing them to the Lakers in that statement (or else why were the Lakers even brought up?).

Had you simply said that "the Clippers are a profitable franchise that merits a large investment based on their future earning potential," you wouldn't have taken nearly as much flack as you have. Just because the guy is a billionaire also doesn't mean he knows everything about everything....he hasn't owned an NBA team so there should be no reason to think he is an authority and isn't overpaying by a large amount by paying $2 Billion when they are probably worth half of that. He simply has enough money to make the purchase, and even if he takes a bath on it, he will still be a billionaire 20 or so times over. Again, he is now (pending the completed sale) THE wealthiest owner in ALL of pro sports.

The Clippers can have as much potential as they want for the next 5 years (most would agree this is true), and the Lakers could regress dramatically (probably not true based on their past, but let's just say it is for the sake of this discussion)....and it still wouldn't see the Clippers supplanting the Lakers in LA....which is exactly what you were saying would happen. LA will ALWAYS be a Lakers city before it is any other team's, let alone another NBA team's city.

It's also just some ball busting going on in here Ivy, no need to take it personally if you are. It's all in good fun.

:shake:

you mean CTG is ball busting me??? shocking lol...find another goat though guys i mean cmon...

I know what you're saying Lareaux...but I'm saying the first thing I said...that you guys started in on...was what I quoted up there...then we all went off on a tangent...I do stand by my statement that I think in the next 5 years, the LAC could be bigger then LAL in LA basketball. LA has plenty of money to get players to compete...but next season is gonna be rough with kobe's contract, and no terrific prospects on the horizon. On the flip side, LAC is built to compete. They're young and interesting and the public likes their stars. Griffin took a big step forward this season and who knows what happens to OKC from here on out. I mean, after their contract...one or both can bolt. I honestly believe that if the Lakers don't put something together in the next 5 seasons and the Clippers win a title...they'll be (at least for a time) the premiere team in LA. I don't know what kind of impact Kobe's retirement will have on the franchise but I mean...I can liken it to the drop off the Bulls encountered I guess. I just don't know.

That being said, my one and only point remains. The Clippers are enjoying a market that was created by LA. They're in a terrific place to compete for championships and make tons of money. There are franchises that are less competitive that are valued much higher for a variety of reasons (NYK for example: people are talking 4 billion)...I just believe that if someone's willing to pay x for a franchise...it's the new market..and if someone like THAT is willing to pay x...it's potential profitability is probably x+1.

I honestly believe that if the Lakers don't put something together in the next 5 seasons and the Clippers win a title...they'll be (at least for a time) the premiere team in LA.

This just isn't true though, you're the only person who believes this to be true. Even guys who live in LA have told you there is virtually zero chance this ever happens, you continue to beat the drum. They could win 3 championships in the next 5 years and LA will still be a Lakers' city.

I know what you're saying Lareaux...but I'm saying the first thing I said...that you guys started in on...was what I quoted up there...then we all went off on a tangent...I do stand by my statement that I think in the next 5 years, the LAC could be bigger then LAL in LA basketball.

The only problem is *this* is the first thing you said in this thread...

The Lakers created the market in the last 15 years. Now the Clippers, thanks to their new talented players... are the future in L.A. They have more nationally televised commercial time then any other franchise (if I'm not mistaken). They have two of the most marketable players in the NBA. They have a team to contend, as they stand now, for the next 5 seasons.

In this statement, you essentially said that the Clippers were the future, the Lakers were not, and that LA would become a Clippers city. No you didn't use those words, but that is what was implied (if you're being honest now, you will admit that too). What you said in post 93, when accusing others of putting words in your mouth (even though you were quoted), is NOT the same as your first post in this thread. Again, I don't think many would disagree too much with post 93 for the most part....but your insistence that the Clippers somehow have any chance at all to supplant the Lakers in LA is what is making no sense.

I don't see why you think that's not possible though. If the Lakers have 5 loosing seasons and the Clippers win a title and compete every year...and their players are the darlings of NBA marketing...why cant the Clippers usurp LA's dominance in the market? The hearts of the LA faithful? What type of shelf life does former greatness have when there's a newer, younger, team in the same city that is gaining momentum and drawing the attention of basketball fans?

This isn't a situation that history can point to and say, see here...this is what happens in these cases...my unpopular position on the potential of the Clippers to overtake LA aside however... The Clippers are certainly going to make $$ in that market and the going rate tends to be what people are willing to pay. I'm fine with disagreeing with LA faithful that the Lakers could potentially lose significant market share to the Clippers in the next decade. My reasoning is the level of competition in the Western Conference. It's going to be extraordinarily hard to build a team that can compete in the west. When Kobe retires, they will lose a lot of fans that tune in and go to games just to see him play. Even when he's hurt, but coming back, there are fans that believe in LAL b/c he's coming back...some of them might end up giving up on their team for a while and jumping ship. If the Lakers cant build a playoff team in the post Kobe era, and the Clippers compete year after year...I don't see why so many people believe that the Lakers will be the dominant franchise in 2020. Even if they are, the Clippers will have enjoyed significant growth within the market which can only help bolster their position for profitability.

I don't see why you think that's not possible though. If the Lakers have 5 loosing seasons and the Clippers win a title and compete every year...and their players are the darlings of NBA marketing...why cant the Clippers usurp LA's dominance in the market? The hearts of the LA faithful? What type of shelf life does former greatness have when there's a newer, younger, team in the same city that is gaining momentum and drawing the attention of basketball fans?

This isn't a situation that history can point to and say, see here...this is what happens in these cases...my unpopular position on the potential of the Clippers to overtake LA aside however... The Clippers are certainly going to make $$ in that market and the going rate tends to be what people are willing to pay. I'm fine with disagreeing with LA faithful that the Lakers could potentially lose significant market share to the Clippers in the next decade. My reasoning is the level of competition in the Western Conference. It's going to be extraordinarily hard to build a team that can compete in the west. When Kobe retires, they will lose a lot of fans that tune in and go to games just to see him play. Even when he's hurt, but coming back, there are fans that believe in LAL b/c he's coming back...some of them might end up giving up on their team for a while and jumping ship. If the Lakers cant build a playoff team in the post Kobe era, and the Clippers compete year after year...I don't see why so many people believe that the Lakers will be the dominant franchise in 2020. Even if they are, the Clippers will have enjoyed significant growth within the market which can only help bolster their position for profitability.

It's not possible for the many reasons that have been laid out in this thread, and the number of people who live in LA and have told you why. The fact that you still think it's possible after this thread is getting to be embarrassing imo.

It was nice that you didn't reply to my post which pointed out what you actually said first though (and admit you were wrong about what you first posted), and just continued with this outlandish notion that the Clippers can one day take over LA from the Lakers.

Back