SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Tuesday Nite:

Over 199 NYK {6units}
NYK +1 {3units}

Suddenly the Clippers are playing a different type of basketball. They are no longer the team that beat NYK at home 90-80. They have basically scored 100 (98 in a blowout win) in 8 of 10 but 110+ in 5 of them. NYK at home scores 104 and allows 104. The LAC defense away has improved away since allowing 9 of the first 12 teams to top 100. However I think its mainly due to competition tha teams have fell short of 100 rather then the defense NO , ATL , ORL , BOS all make it easy to saty under 100. Both teams get to teh FT alot and put there opponents there often. Both teams allow high 3Pt shooting pcts(37%) and both get/allow about 58 FTS per.

The Knicks are 8-3 past 11 at home but 9-2 ATS. They struggle to win consecutive games but LAC is 7-15 away and you wonder if they couldnt beat shorthanded Miami and Boston what the number might be.

Boston is now 8-2 ATS past 10 away with both losses by only half a point. Now on the flip side is DET in another sandwich spot like MILW with LAL on deck. However Boston is 1-6 SU and 0-7 ATS when on 3 days rest. Looking at those games there play was fine just all close losses..differential on long rest is only -4 points. I guess you have to entertain a 2nd H over cause if its close it may slide over. Its hard to imagine after the last effort in DET. The total was only 183.5 last meeting and fell well short but Webber , Billups , Wally , West and Scalbrine didnt play....

In Milw I need to better understand the injury situation. However Milw cannot stop anyone and might hav Redd back. Orl score 56 at half last eeting , the Heat scored 117 last time....191 seems attainable if these game is competitive.

I like Memphis but dont like that line drop. I like the over but dont like the line drop. What I think happens is this is a late close game that screws the total. Houston plays defense but it seems to get better vs bad offensive teams...look at who they played Minny , NO , Phi , Port....

Still thinking Mmephis or pass. The Rockets are banged up with Mutumbo and Battier struggling healthwise. TMac really hasnt played that well in backends but hs improved as his health improved. Memphis will compete but find a way to lose so at +4 I dont mind cause I could easily see 1,2,3 pt game either way.

I was all on the Blazers and Under but have to rethink with the value dropping out of it. They have played great ball (for them) at home and look at there recent games. The Suns are clearly battling lately and thats draining...Bell is playing with a bad knee...

i am looking at boston with 11.5 pts and memphis moneyline right now but you said it well they probably will find a way to lose in crunch time

I like Boston too. I haven't missed many det ball games this year and I think the stons are more worried about the Lakers Thurs tnt game. Billups even said on sunday at halftime against Clevland that they tend to show up for the good teams and tend to be more laxed with the bad teams in so many words.

Excellent write-up SportsNut. Finally on the same page tonight. Good luck man. :shake:

We both had Atl Sunday...GL& Thanks Satyr

The Celts look so attractive Ijust worry I have hit them so many times on the road in there recent downtrend can they keep up...think over as well...Thanks Soda! GL

Cake..I so want to play Memphis here I think its such a bad spot for Houston.....and I cant imagine not playing the Celts even though I am scared....BOL

add:

Boston Celtics +11 {3units}

Notes:

Like the Over in Det waiting for the 2nd H line though and hoping for some value.

Really like Milw since the home team is 8-2 SU past 10. However its MILW! In all seriousness I believe ORL is 2-7 ATS as road chalk and 3-6 SU. The wins both came though as -1 pt favs by 3pts in Miami and Boston. That sort of scares me. I know MILW was pissed after the loss in Orl. They played okay in Det and were leading at half vs Miami then fell to pieces. So thinking maybe Bucks 1st H?? Starting the over as 190 looks imminent. Looking at road games ORL plays the style of its opponent...

Memphis is so inviting IMO....

"We probably got a little tired, but it's on us," Grizzlies guard Mike Miller said. "We've got to condition ourselves to play this (up-tempo) style. That's where we've had our problems. We've played this style for three quarters, but never four."

All the people who didnt think SA tired down the stretch vs Pho should read this. Then realize memphis plays Pho style and there own plays ar having a tough time finishing games. So SA might be a better team but in back to back they tired especially off altitude...

Anyway looking for a sound reason to play Mem or 1st H Mem. They did play Houston well this year had won 8 of 11 in mem vs them . Memphi s is 1-3 past 4 at home including 1,2 and 6 pt losses....all winnable games.

Houston is really only 7 deep if Boniz is out and 2 ofthose seven are ailing(Dikembe and Battier). There will be a ton of threes taken here...

I am so f'n undecided on the Suns @ Blazers. I just think Pho is struggling lately. Last 5 lost @ Minny , came home played okay vs SA , then lost vs Utah and struggled @ Denver...they are not healthy....4th game in 6 nites...Marion got stitches above his eye last nite. Kurt Thomas is out and Raja has the inflammed knee which you would think is a problem in a back to back spot cause there is enough time for swelling to go down. Steve Nash not playing actually sucks...loved Under 207.5 and +7.5....now I have a decision. I agree that Barbosa isnt much of a dropoff but I guess someone has to step in off the bench and give 30 quality minutes....Jalen Rose maybe??

Do not IMO underestimate how well the Blazers have played on 2 days rest. They beat Minny at home in OT and Cleveland , they won in SAC in OT , they lost at home to ORL by 2 and played poorly in the first instince @ Sca 85 -105....Blazers are 5-3 SU last 8 at home but lost by 2 , 3 to Bulls and Miami and led Denver at half in the other...I have played some UNDER 202 just deciding if I should keep it.....

One point I did miss that is favorable to Memphis is the lookahead spot to Dallas...Smh reminded me of that!

Thanks Believe. I tell ya what illogical MLs are the way to go.....GL

FOr anyone mildly interested I really Georgia Tech in CBB @ 7pm tonite....more then the NYK/LAC over

on Ga tech, as well. Also, tailing you on the knicks over for a smaller play,

Tonite so far:

Over 199 NYK {6units}
NYK +1 {3units} might add more at half
Celtics +11 {3units}

Still looking at Milw , over Milw , Memphis , portland and whethere or not I want to say on Port Under 202.

still early but GA tech getting their nuts kicked in so far ... they better score some damn points

still early but GA tech getting their nuts kicked in so far ... they better score some damn points

Well step 1 would be getting the 1st H over to hit and then step 2 is the process of being a decent defecit at half like 5 or 6 points....

8 PM"

Bucks -110 {2units}
Bucks 1st H -110 {2units} +2.00
Over 190.5 {4units}
Mem +2 -105 {2units} -2.10
ML +150 Grizz {1unit}
Under 102.5 Houston {2units} +2.00

Last edited:
nut

take a look at celts +1.5 at half

stons may look to cruise, they dont get up for sux teams

17 point spread looks invitin

2nd H:

Over 93 Pistons {3units} not the value I wanted but I felt all along we would see at least 187 pts.....Pistons will score a 100 and I think the gamenever gets ugly enough that Det can just let up....just really think this is the end of the BOS ATS road run....

NYK -2.5 & Ov 98.5 -115 {2units each}
The NYK seem to make a habit of playing just 1 good half. If Ny hit any 3pts we would be in very nice shape for the over..NYK 1-9 from three but we have 25 of 29 from the FT line....NYK needs to make its run...LAC seems to fade in 2nd H's..

I hope the Knicks aren't.

They arent playing that bad. LAC hit some rel tough , contested shots but the glass is an issue think 22-15. Whats killing them is 1 for 9 from three change that to 3-9 were are looking at 53-49 @ half....

I think Knicks come back...

As for Boston...I just don't buy this Piston shooting right now. Other than that, the #s show Boston is in a covering range.

GL!

If this one goes over I tend to believe Knicks will win. Clipps can't close high scoring games :D

Come on Knicks.

Agree with both of you guys. I just dont like boston being downso much unless it stays this numer starting the 4th. Pistons are sound defensively and well 63% is ridiculous but who is the defensive stopper on Bos anyhow.....lets see....they have a chance I just had a bad feeling this was gonna be the spot they dropped the ball cause more people saw value in them

2nd H:

Grizz -1.5 {4units}
I said previously to Cakeoff dont be suprised to see this finish around 2 pts from the spread meaning 2-6 pt Rocket win well this gives me +7 Grizz for the game......also Grizz 0-6 from three that will chnage and Hou could fade down teh stretch on a backend....

Over 105 Mem {2.5units}
Unless its 1 possession game I would be suprised to see it not finish at 200 pts or better

Magic PK -110 {1unit} Hedge only but Milw fades in 2nd Hs

Late game :

Under 101.5 Port 1st H {2units}
Under 202 {3units}
Blazers +4 +100 {3units} ML +160 {1unit}

Will revisit at half. I just liked Port all along and the injury has achnaged no ones mind whether its a quality capper like BAR or the avg square guy who bets every fav he can think of . Port has played well at home and in this situation of 2 days rest. Pho has played 1 decent game past 5. Expectthis to finish bewteen 195 and 198..like 99-97...

wow...celts werent down after all bro ;)

celts hits all the way around..+11, +17.5 and ova

as expected, det lost interest and back door wide open

wow...celts werent down after all bro ;)

celts hits all the way around..+11, +17.5 and ova

as expected, det lost interest and back door wide open

Nice job ret. I thought they could win the 4th by 8 or so but damn I am shocked........nice work on the trifecta

yeah hope my knicks -2 and hova 98.5 2h parlay hits 'an_horse'

Check back and read the game log of the final 2mins. Look at the Pistons decisions. Seems shady to me. Especially on a game where the line moved a full point overnight.

Back