108th Grey Cup Discussion (Hamilton v Winnipeg)

Money coming in on the cats, down to 2 now.

I don't see any injury news, just the public piling on them for whatever reason.

I won't be betting Winnipeg but I think anything under 3 is good value on them. They are still the best team in the league by a long stretch. The crowd will def give Hamilton an edge but defence, which is Winnipeg's trademark, will not be affected by crowd noise. And without Ted Laurent, the cats abiulity to stop Andrew Harris will be curtailed. In 2 games without him this season the cats gave up 130+ and 160+ yards on the ground.

I have a fair amount on cats futures and ML. I may have to hedge with Winnipeg now that the number is so low.

Besides Laurent, Bralon Addison out for the cats as well but that wasn't unexpected. Also Lorenzo Mauldin who is the DLs best rotational guy. Lee Autry will start in place of Laurent. He has the size but little game experience. Mason Bennett is available for the DL however which helps with some depth.

With Desmond Lawrence still hurt, the cats will have the same secondary arrangement as last week, moving Adeleke to DHB and starting Stavros Katsantonis at safety. He has been a bit iffy IMO but this solves the ratio problem created by Laurent's absence.

On the Winnipeg side Harris and Jeffcoat listed as questionable. Harris will play though, lets not kid ourselves. Not as sure about Jeffcoat but I suspect he plays also. Bombers pretty much at full strength.

Back