108th Grey Cup Discussion (Hamilton v Winnipeg)

5. Shovel pass - in the early 1950s, an underhand pass that was thrown forward was treated the same as a backwards pass. This rule meant that an incomplete underhand pass was a live ball. Jack Jacobs would have had a few more TD passes if the shovel pass didn't count as a run.

I wish that was a rule in the NFL now.
Let's take it a step further, every incomplete pass is a fumble when you play 8 on 8 or whatever it is

5. Shovel pass - in the early 1950s, an underhand pass that was thrown forward was treated the same as a backwards pass. This rule meant that an incomplete underhand pass was a live ball. Jack Jacobs would have had a few more TD passes if the shovel pass didn't count as a run.

I wish that was a rule in the NFL now.
I say passing all over on kickoffs and interceptions but I may just be reliving my youth!!

For anyone who has a bodog account...they have Hamilton ML at +115 but if you go into the futures section, Hamilton is +180 to win the cup. I doubt that will last too long. I took another half unit.

HAMILTON — The CFL has released the following statement:
The Canadian Football League has suspended indefinitely John Murphy, Toronto Argonaut Vice-President Player Personnel, following an investigation into his physical and verbal altercation with fans following last Sunday’s Eastern Final.
The league’s investigation into player altercations with fans following the game continues.

SportsInteraction has an anthem prop. o/u is 69.5 seconds.

I tried singing it and I came out at over 90 but I barely know the words...part of it was french...it was a mess.

1928-GreyCup-collage.jpg

Found this when poking around. Pretty cool

HAMILTON — The CFL has released the following statement:
The Canadian Football League has suspended indefinitely John Murphy, Toronto Argonaut Vice-President Player Personnel, following an investigation into his physical and verbal altercation with fans following last Sunday’s Eastern Final.
The league’s investigation into player altercations with fans following the game continues.
Why punish passion?

SportsInteraction has an anthem prop. o/u is 69.5 seconds.

I tried singing it and I came out at over 90 but I barely know the words...part of it was french...it was a mess.
Awesome, good find. An easy anthem to drag on. Savanah Re doing the honours. I’ll dm her on social media

Awesome, good find. An easy anthem to drag on. Savanah Re doing the honours. I’ll dm her on social media
Never heard of her but she's cute and I approve of her caboose.

Here's about the fastest rendition I've ever heard and it clocks in at 61 seconds by my count. The over looks like lock here.

Never heard of her but she's cute and I approve of her caboose.

Here's about the fastest rendition I've ever heard and it clocks in at 61 seconds by my count. The over looks like lock here.

F520267C-44E8-4210-81BD-09E7E1715306.png

She sounds like any performer that speeds it up in their brains. Bet it's long once she settles in.

Outstanding work sir.

People do tend to speed up when they're nervous but in a stadium setting with all the reverb and such, I think she will hang onto a couple notes to put us over.

Should've asked if she's into middle-aged guys who can't see their own dick without a mirror.
I can now since I have the info I wanted

Came across this while reading your Ted Laurent news.
Randy Ambrosie is an idiot and needs to be fired for the good of the league.

His CFL 2.0 Global initiative has not yielded anything meaningful, his dalliance with the XFL was a joke, his pandemic response was non-existent other than begging for money, his idea to move the league into the spring is pure suicide and now he comes out with inflammatory nonsense during Grey Cup week. He is the worst commissioner in my lifetime and its not even close.

Randy Ambrosie is an idiot and needs to be fired for the good of the league.

His CFL 2.0 Global initiative has not yielded anything meaningful, his dalliance with the XFL was a joke, his pandemic response was non-existent other than begging for money, his idea to move the league into the spring is pure suicide and now he comes out with inflammatory nonsense during Grey Cup week. He is the worst commissioner in my lifetime and its not even close.
Yeah, I’m not a big CFL fan, but CFL should be the CFL. Cherish the Canadian pride in the sport. Change the game to become another NFL minor league, and well, we know what’s happened to every one of those.

Is Toronto behind most of this? When the company owning that team is named “Maple Leafs”, well, I doubt football is their top priority.

Looking forward to watching the Grey Cup tomorrow! As a CFL novice, this thread has been full of awesome tidbits.

Yeah, I’m not a big CFL fan, but CFL should be the CFL. Cherish the Canadian pride in the sport. Change the game to become another NFL minor league, and well, we know what’s happened to every one of those.

Is Toronto behind most of this? When the company owning that team is named “Maple Leafs”, well, I doubt football is their top priority.

Looking forward to watching the Grey Cup tomorrow! As a CFL novice, this thread has been full of awesome tidbits.
Exactly, another 4 down league is going to fail in the face of the NFL. The CFL has survived because it is different enough to not have to be directly compared to the NFL.

SportsInteraction has a prop on passing yards Collaros +48.5 vs Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers number on Sunday is 253.5 and Collaros' is 238.5...only 15 yards apart. And they're giving 48.5 yards here? Obvious value.

Man it's Max and Louie for the title, I'm team Mercedes and team Puma

Probably can live bet it, I rarely bet racing other than whorses

Thanks KJ, I tailed for a lil' with Mad Max...

:cheers3:

Back