kansas city -102
oakland -110
cin 128
min 140
yanks-tb under 7.5 -120
stl-was und 8.5 -110
dodg-mets und 7 -130
hou-ang und 8 -120

Moore's problem this year is giving up too many homeruns. He has given up 1 in 81 AB's against the Yanks and that was earlier this year when McCann hit his only HR off a lefty all year. Prior to that start, the three year splits show Moore was 3-0 vs the yankees while yielding a .197 batting average. I get that his form is not great right now and he might even be having some mental issues to go along with mechanics but this is a good get well spot. Yanks 25th in the league in batting vs lefties (though they have scored runs on occasion in HR parks this doesn't qualify). Pineda arguably a better away pitcher than home pitcher, sports a 2.90 ERA in five starts against tampa via three year splits (got rocked earlier this year) and he is a strikeout pitcher facing one of the teams most likely to strikeout. Lines up pretty good.

Last edited:
Like that a's play

Yup. Other than the not having seen him and the A's inability to win at home it is hard to not like it. I know you cannot expect this guy to throw innings and Detroit has a crappy bullpen for us to fire at mid to late in the game.

Both teams average 4 runs in the day. Neither pitcher has a good day ERA
Pineda 8.18
Moore 4.96
Neither in good form
old style betting is to bet under with good pitching

Personal desire is to bet Tampa Bay and end the misery but with players out it is not easy.
Actually not a bad ump for Moore. Maybe a small bet

I considered Tampa as a bet. I guess I am not going to put much credence into day/night splits over a combined 5 day starts in the year. Moore has been pretty bad as a day pitcher but Pineda 3 year splits show he has been at least as good in the day as at night with a slightly better day ERA

I was making four different points in one sentence. You are rubbing off on me. I think I have the sentence right now.

Haven't played bases much but pockets were in good shape after the cavs last night so I popped in your thread and blindly tailed you on KC and Toronto. Never in doubt! Haha!

Hey Joe. Ya it was nice to win a few second halves for a change. Ridiculous comebacks. hot days and wind out i might not have factored well enough today either but weather capping has never worked well for me in baseball. Been great in football but not bases.

Good to see you around

52-59 -6.62
6-3 3,08
58-62 -3.54

Probably my second worst capped day of the season but it somehow worked out as a good day.

Last edited:
Back