Zurich Classic

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Team event in NOLA this week. Think they are actually supposed to have 4 days of good weather for the first time ever, but that can and likely will change day to day. Not sure if I'll get involved in the matchups, want to see what it looks like. One and done strategy is find a stud you want to back, then take his less acclaimed teammate. I took Bud Cauley last year when he was paired with JT, and may do the same this year. Other possibilities are Ryan Palmer (Spieth) Rafa Cabrera-Bello (Sergio), Ryan Ruffels (Jason Day), Wesley Bryan (Rahm), Scott Piercy (Horschel), and multiple others. Can afford to take a shot on a dark horse since the prize money is split evenly between the teammates.

Another interesting team is Sean O'Hair and Jimmy Walker. They finished 2nd and 4th last week at Valero. Can't ask for better form coming in

Another interesting team is Sean O'Hair and Jimmy Walker. They finished 2nd and 4th last week at Valero. Can't ask for better form coming in

YES that makes SENSE. they are tourney "to win" 25-1 @ Westgate Las Vegas. also agree with staying OFF Sergio Garcia. two CUTS in a row and looked aggravated playing last week in San Antonio. GUESS WHO are +115 in a match play vs Cabrera-Bello/Garcia @ William-Hill ??? O'Hair/Walker :)

and ANOTHER reason to chance O'Hair/Walker +115 over Cabrera-Bello/Garcia. Cabrera-Bello was in embarrassing CUT at his home Open de Espana as 2nd favorite to Jon Rahm his last tourney. PRESS!!! :shake:

Well, in true degenerate fashion, I couldn't stay away. Took these 3:

Horschel/Piercy +110 vs Dufner/Perez
Walker/OHair +120 vs Sergio/Rafa
JT/Cauley +130 vs Rose/Stenson

All plus money, I think you can get 2-1 no problem.

that was exactly my thinking

Going to go with Ryan Ruffels in one and done. He's paired w/ Jason Day. Last year, Ruffels was paired with Kyle Stanley and they had 3 great rounds offset by a 77 in alternate shot. Day has a couple of top 5s on this course, though he MC last year paired with Rickie. Hoping being paired with a young Aussie will elevate his game.

Zurich Classic - 1st Rnd Leader
J.Walker / S.O’Hair +3000
J.Day / R.Ruffels +3300
T.Fleetwood / C.Paisley +3300
B.Garnett / C.Hadley +5000
D.Lingmerth / D.Lee +6600
J.Randolph / T.Mullinax +6600
H.Swafford / H.English +6600
R.Goosen / T.Van Aswegen +8000
R.Werenski / N.Lindheim +9000
K.Mitchell / S.Jaeger +10000

giphy.gif

Course must be soft and set up easy. We might see some sub-60 rounds today. Hopefully Day is feeling it. Shooting 70+ today is going to be hard to overcome

I assume most pairs will shoot low scores in best ball. Alt shot can have some huge variances in scoring.

2nd round (bet/return)

Horschel/Piercy +140 over Cabrera-Bello/Garcia (36/86.40)

Horschel/Piercy +155 defeated Cabrera-Bello/Garcia [-7/-5] 1st round so will chance them Friday for the plus money price

I will be out there in a bit

BEAUTIFUL day here in NO....

Always crazy with Zurich and JazzFest poppin

well got a "putch" on the 2nd round Horschel/Piercy +140 over Cabrera-Bello/Garcia bet [+1/+1] BUT Cabrera-Bello/Garcia [+1] for tourney [-4] a CUT so get the WIN with the tourney O'Hair/Walker +115 bet with their 2nd round [+1] for [-7]

other somewhat "surprise" CUTS Spieth/Palmer [-4] last years winners Blixt/Smith [-3] and Bryn/Rahm [-3]

Such a strange event, didn't play anything but certainly probably would have lost. Well done gps

Back