Y26's Week #5 of CFB

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
Crap...late again & missed the boat. Missed out on all those great values. Two things...first, damn this forum kicks ass. You guys are all over the early value, like flies on shit...in a good way, of course. Second...i need to start carving out some time on Sundays, and participate. Unreal how some of these lines have moved in a matter of a few hours.

Anyways, it's late. I finished the weekday games...but Saturday is gonna have to wait until tomorrow night. (Which means i'll prolly lose out on even more value...) But the good news is that we got footsies each and every nite of the week, minus wednesday...then, starting thursday, 12 straight days of football. Can't beat that!

Fully recovered from Saturday though...and that 12 unit (negative) swing, courtesy of some bad kicking and poor decisions...and ready for a new week of games.
CFB YTD: 28-29-1, +.08 of a unit
Parlays: 1-1, +.327 of a unit
Teasers: 0-3, -1.5 units
In other words, it looks like i've spent 4 weeks kissing my sister. Though i think kickers in general owe me one or two, lol...so i got that going for me.
Onto the weekday games...Saturday to follow soon.

Tues 9/26

So Mississippi (-5) over Central Florida (+100) for 2 units

Taking Sooner's advice, and tailing him, though i think he's obviously right.

{Wednesday is our one off day...then, again, 12 straight days of football!!!}

Thurs 9/28

BYU (+4) over TCU (+102) for 2 units

Was going back & forth on this game, but the tremendous reverse line movement pushed it over the top for me. Huge percent of the plays all on tcu, yet the line just keeps falling like a rock.
Remember last year's crazy-ass 51-50 game? I don't expect there to be anywhere near that much scoring...but i do expect it to be just as tightly contested.

Auburn (-14) over South Carolina (-105) for 2 units

Missed most of the value on this line, but 14 was still worth taking. SC won't have much more success putting points on the board than LSU did, if they can even match it. And i think Tommy will enjoy beating Spurrier by as much as possible for the national audience.

Fri 9/29

Rutgers/South Florida over 43 (-105) for 2 units

Just couldn't pull the trigger here on Rutgers. South Florida has a much better offense than what they showed against Kansas. LY S Florida won 45-31 at Rutgers. Not saying that'll happen again...thinking it'll come down to a FG at the end...but saying this could easily reach the 60s. Don't see either team putting up less than 24 pts, imo.

Well...that covers the weekday games. And on Monday, i'll begin with saturday's slate...and hopefully still find some value on some of these favs...though i already got a couple nice dogs in mind as well.

In other words, it looks like i've spent 4 weeks kissing my sister. Though i think kickers in general owe me one or two, lol...so i got that going for me.
Onto the weekday games...Saturday to follow soon.

This is what happens when you hang out with Fondulous too much. Its a Wisconsin thang:down:

Like each and every play you are on for the weekday games. I too missed a bit of this value and am just idling around before I play them. Most likely be on 3 of these.

GL..you gonna have a huge week. I can feel it.:cheers:

Hope you're right, Big Al.

Though i know you're right about the Wisky thang...lol.

Well, i was lucky to push on tues nite...sticking with the above for the weekday slate...but finally got started on Saturday's games.

Boise St (+3) over Utah (+109) for 2 units

Akron (-3) over Kent St (+103) for 2 units

Cal/Oregon St over 57 (+101) for 2 units

N Illinois/Ball St over 56.5 (-105) for 2 units

Just getting started though, so much more to come.

As far as the two overs...all 4 offenses involved put up a lot yards, and score...all 4 defenses involved give up their share yards, and points. I'll elaborate more later, as time allows, but each of these four defenses (in the two over plays) will not have much success at all keeping the opposing offenses from putting up points...large majority of possessions.

Last edited:
some more for saturday

fuck, it's late. how time flies when you're capping games...

Navy (+2.5) over Connecticut (+104) for 2 units

Purdue/Notre Dame over 61 (+103) for 2 units

Ohio St (-7) over Iowa (+100) for 2 units

Fresno St (-14) over Colorado St (+103) for 2 units

Oregon (-1) over Arizona St (+101) for 2 units

and a tease to please...7 pt, 5 teams.

Wisky (-3.5)
Cal (-2)
Ohio St (pk)
Michigan (-2.5)
Fresno St (-6)
1/2 unit to win 1.75

off to bed for the night:drink:

Thanks, Pags. Glad to see you're on fresno too, bud.:shake:

Well...still f-ing around with sis. 1-1-1 to begin the new week, lol. But it'll change tomorrow.

Still searching & researching for more saturday plays as well.:drink:

dos mas

always at 3AM, lol.

Boise St/Utah over 51.5 (-104) for 2 units

Georgia Tech (+10.5) over Virginia Tech (-101) for 2 units

For Tech v Tech thought, please read Hunt's thread.
Musta put thoughts on this Boise/Utah over in a half dozen threads tonight. So i finally went and played it.

off to sleep:drink:

btw...anyone know the QB situation for Toledo. Is Cochran playing?

i would love to take them +16, or even +17 vs Pitt. Pitt's beat nobody...2 teams with no offense, and a high school team.

any help greatly appreciated.

We are on many the same Yanks...

One I didn't even look at total wise is the over in Cal-OSU. I am suprised thats under 60. A 47-37type of game is in order.

We on a lot of the same this week..gl

Yanks - Nice call on BYU last night!

With you on Navy, and I think Akron is a solid play. BOL this week bro! :cheers:

tres mas...and a shot of tres generaciones anejo

that's a good, premium tequila btw...

Hunt, sure hope so. Ball is a hard QB to get behind, lol.
BAR...cool deal. Hope that means we both have a great week, buddy.
Thanks, Aztec. Jumped on the over w/ your boys below.
Wouldn't mind that one bit, Flava. Smo1a, thx bud.
And eames:bow: , you know i can always use loads of Luck. BOL this weekend. You got some great plays on that card.

Anyways, the additions...for the ethnically challenged...three more.

SDST/SJST over 47 (+100) for 2 units

Jumped a point while i was off at lunch.

Oregon/Arizona St over 63 (+105) for 2 units

Might be a tad high...but i'm looking for a return to the late 90s between these two...where it was always 40-something to 40-something, it seemed. All offense, no defense.

Toledo (+16.5) over Pittsburgh (+100) for 2 units

OK, Red. Looks like Cochran will play, from what i can find. And Dave will find a way to keep one of my favorite all-time coaches in the game to the end.

Well...that should be about it outta me for Saturday...unless there's some incredible, unexpected line movement or something.

:drink: up this weekend

Oregon/Arizona St over 63 (+105) for 2 units

Might be a tad high...but i'm looking for a return to the late 90s between these two...where it was always 40-something to 40-something, it seemed. All offense, no defense.

this one should definantly be money

TOLEDO QB Clint Cochran (undisclosed) downgraded to doubtful.
University of Toledo coach Tom Amstutz said yesterday that quarterback Clint Cochran will miss his
second straight start today when the Rockets meet the University of Pittsburgh at Heinz Field.
"Clint will be in uniform and available to play, but he's scheduled to be our No. 3 quarterback for the
game," Amstutz said.

Yanks, you're scaring me, your card is starting to look like Fondy's!!

Good luck, dude!
superbiggrin.gif

Back